"[minecraft is mostly a game of geometric shapes] You are right, that is why, to me, minecraft is a horror game"Hoshimachi Suisei

HoloAdvent En3 Talent Discussion/Debut Thread

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I'm honestly feeling the opposite on lore shit; I'm surprised nobody has really tried going the Mayuzumi route yet, and I kinda wish more people did. The dude went all-in on kayfabe/story and ended up being really popular, to the point of his voice packs selling like hot cakes, or his lore video popping up on the Shibuya Crossing.

There's definitely potential for that kinda thing to possibly pop off, so it's annoying when lore just gets used for an initial cheap pop. If someone in EN were to do that, I'd 100% try to give them a watch.

Lore isn't inherently a problem if it's built up gradually over time, I just find loredumps in debuts to be consistently boring. All the marketing leading up to a debut makes it an opportunity to pitch yourself to potential future viewers so it's better used giving them a feel for your personality and interests with just a touch of lore/characterisation for flavour, rather than making them watch a fifteen minute animatic version of your glorified fanfiction.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Little offtopic but can we have a thread where we document every graduation of possible corpo candidates? better to have something handy when next gens are announced

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Little offtopic but can we have a thread where we document every graduation of possible corpo candidates? better to have something handy when next gens are announced
Agree,if we have a Dead Pool.Can we have a resurrection chamber thread?

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Ooooo, this is actually a really damn solid idea. A running archive of candidates we can add and remove from. :shubaIapprob:

Edit: if no one makes one by tonight, I'll make it myself. Call it "The Pool of Resurrection" or something chuuni like that.

Username Generator

Early Adopter
Cover really needs to schedule these at a reasonable time for the Euros.
I doubt they ever will, JP night time perfectly matches with EU prime time, so they will always rather sleep than make anything work for europe.

Horo7618

No one in particular
I doubt they ever will, JP night time perfectly matches with EU prime time, so they will always rather sleep than make anything work for europe.
If they don't give a fuck about EST they certainly aren't sparing a single thought for the EU....

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Tangentially related, but Gura has actually sang portions of Caitlin's English version of "Plastic Love", too.

I remember this, because one of the western anime dub VA clique was offended on Caitlyn’s behalf that Gura didn’t credit her during the karaoke itself, drumming up a storm about how corpo chuubas should be held accountable, and it got enough traction that when Caitlyn responded to her saying that she was actually fine with Gura singing her lyrics, the VA briefly acknowledged it and moved on to the next thing

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
The deadpool topic and this one kind of share that role:

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
At the moment I'm just interested in the twins to see the logistics involved with them, and in Bijou to see if EN is finally getting a full on kusogaki like Laplus or Kobo. All I see when I look at the other two are Kronii-at-home and Chloe-at-home.

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
Tangentially related, but Gura has actually sang portions of Caitlin's English version of "Plastic Love", too. Not sure if anyone has done the whole song in English, though.

Any of you fuckers here remember when some Twittard fans of Myers tried to start some shit with Gura when she sang that? Some dumbass thing about Gura or her team not properly attributing the translated English lyrics to Myers' version of the song.

edit: CLOCK ME FAGGOTS

Last edited:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Any of you fuckers here remember when some Twittard fans of Myers tried to start some shit with Gura when she sang that? Some dumbass thing about Gura or her team not properly attributing the translated English lyrics to Myers' version of the song.

no, not at all, never heard about it

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Sadly I wont be able to watch the first day of debuts live, tho maybe I can check it on my phone during downtime, curios about Shiori in general since she is the most cryptic of the 5 so far and whenever Bijou really is a soulfag or not, also wonder how extra nervous they will be considering they will have some thousands of nips raid into their debut when it looks like neither know japanese.

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
no, not at all, never heard about it
LOL, my bad. Out touching grass and haven't had the chance to check out the whole 40+ pages of spergery here already. :Vesper-UNHINGED:

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
The deadpool topic and this one kind of share that role:

A lot of people from the Dead Pool arent coming back ,they are staying "dead".
I suggest the JP name of this yugioh card for the new thread:"Resurrection of the dead" Shisha Sosei 死し者しゃ蘇そ生せい
1690671957109.png

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
doubletrouble.png
I know I've had issues with double posting myself recently. But the idea that it was funnier the first time amuses me greatly

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Edit: if no one makes one by tonight, I'll make it myself. Call it "The Pool of Resurrection" or something chuuni like that.
The Lazarus Pit.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
Ooooo, this is actually a really damn solid idea. A running archive of candidates we can add and remove from. :shubaIapprob:

The Sarcophagus - For those that enter will emerge rejuvenated and stronger than they were before

1690673081121.png

1690673102051.png

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Did not notice that Horniest man in Holostar aka Oga is also doing a watchalong, i thought penis havers were not allowed to be around during debuts, i do remember him doing a watchalong of concerts
Yeah I imagine he's a good partner to choose a watchalong with if you understand jp.

whatswrongwithwomen.png

I know what'll happen if I choose to get more sleep so fuck it

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I'm honestly feeling the opposite on lore shit; I'm surprised nobody has really tried going the Mayuzumi route yet, and I kinda wish more people did. The dude went all-in on kayfabe/story and ended up being really popular, to the point of his voice packs selling like hot cakes, or his lore video popping up on the Shibuya Crossing.

There's definitely potential for that kinda thing to possibly pop off, so it's annoying when lore just gets used for an initial cheap pop. If someone in EN were to do that, I'd 100% try to give them a watch.

glad to know i'm not alone. my MAIN issue with lore is that it gets put into a trash bin at best. we live in a world where so many people have found creative ways to deliver storytelling so even if you dont want to stay in character 24/7 there are a shit ton of ways you could utilize it.

off the top of my head Mattpat (pause for laughter) prints puzzles and riddles on his merch which are tied into ARG's he makes speaking of ARG's i know several just involve mailing letters out to people on a mailing list which is pretty simple and if your really lazy you could use emails instead.

how has no one else tried to capitalize on the spergs like me who enjoy storytelling.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
something I just noticed about shiori is that she has the same sleeve design as moe, might be a coincidence but if the talents had input in the design that might be a nice nod.

Top Bottom