"Googoo-gaga, my skin is more yellow than yours!"Kobo Kanaeru

HoloAdvent En3 Talent Discussion/Debut Thread

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
It's also worth noting management asked Lui to be La+'s personal tard wrangler

There's a reason that other talents calling Lui "Senpai" by accident is a meme.

Botan is similar, but does less tardwrangling.

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
We're about 24 hours away from the first round of debuts, what are everyone's thoughts, concerns, hopes, dreams? With the sheer amount of anticipation riding on EN3 after so many years, how nervous do you think they are, and will that nervousness translate to their debut? It almost always does, so be sure to give each of them your love and support through these trying times.

And be sure to clip things you want them to be reminded of on their anniversaries, so that they die of cringe - it's content all the way down
If Shiori ends up actually being Natsumi Moe, I don't think I'm really gonna bother watching, I just remember not liking her content or personality. That's kind of it, not gonna lie; the fox twins gimmick seems interesting, but nobody except Shiori has really caught my attention in terms of current presentation. Other than that, actually do something with the lore if you're gonna do it, but nobody ever does, so asking for that is like a pipe dream. :Mumei-REE:

God's Strongest Dragoon

If Shiori ends up actually being Natsumi Moe, I don't think I'm really gonna bother watching, I just remember not liking her content or personality. That's kind of it, not gonna lie; the fox twins gimmick seems interesting, but nobody except Shiori has really caught my attention in terms of current presentation. Other than that, actually do something with the lore if you're gonna do it, but nobody ever does, so asking for that is like a pipe dream. :Mumei-REE:
I know people hate loreshit but it would be nice if after the debuts/6 months, they looked at what was well received and build upon that. Like in that one special where they all swapped personas and impersonated each other, it could have been setup with something like "Bae fell into the timeline that Kronii was suppose to be guarding and chaos entering the timeline caused this to happen". It's been shown that people really love story arcs, like Fauna rebelling against Kronii and Kronii became Jokeronii or that Naruto/Getting Over it training arc.

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
That they go out of their way to reach out to others and drive the rest of HoloEn forward. We need organizers and extroverts in Hololive English, damnit. I will be happy when my Kiara is busy being invited to collabs instead of doing the inviting.
Agreed on this one, don't know why but the girls in Hololive is a introverted nest of girls, it doesn't help that they are working in a JP corp where proper hierarchy is established in the backend.

Need more talents that can emulate the "try new stuff" that is said by Coco to the Myth girls.

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
I know people hate loreshit but it would be nice if after the debuts/6 months, they looked at what was well received and build upon that. Like in that one special where they all swapped personas and impersonated each other, it could have been setup with something like "Bae fell into the timeline that Kronii was suppose to be guarding and chaos entering the timeline caused this to happen". It's been shown that people really love story arcs, like Fauna rebelling against Kronii and Kronii became Jokeronii or that Naruto/Getting Over it training arc.
I'm honestly feeling the opposite on lore shit; I'm surprised nobody has really tried going the Mayuzumi route yet, and I kinda wish more people did. The dude went all-in on kayfabe/story and ended up being really popular, to the point of his voice packs selling like hot cakes, or his lore video popping up on the Shibuya Crossing.

There's definitely potential for that kinda thing to possibly pop off, so it's annoying when lore just gets used for an initial cheap pop. If someone in EN were to do that, I'd 100% try to give them a watch.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Another thing about loreshit while yes, it wouldn't really matter that much for the viewers and even to the talent herself most of the time, it does give fanartists another dimension to add in their works.

Stunned But Dumb

I'd love in a vtuber when full chuuni with their lore stuff: making shorts and videos that explain their powers, backstory, or little tidbits of stuff about their character and world that can be uploaded on days they don't or can't stream and what not. Can also be used for merch if the well somehow starts running dry. "Buy the keychain of the blade I used to defeat the seventh god of the Hell Realm!"

I LIKE LORE OK!?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

A-chan's English corruption is progressing smoothly, I see.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Let me be the asshole. I just hope none of these girls pull a sana and a slot is wasted in some loser who decides making art for gacha games is a better gig than being a cute anime girl.
I know you sana posters never watched her and you just jumped on the bandwagon on the way out.
:Zaion-HAHAFAYAH:
1690636237402.png

NotScuddle

Aka Nuddle
Cover really needs to schedule these at a reasonable time for the Euros.
Unless everyone is just a west coast us/canadian streamer again which is probably the case.
:gunpeko:

Also @Lurker McSpic @God's Strongest Sanalite stop fighting over who has the better graduated oshi.
slots.jpg

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Already buying my beer and prepping for a fun night. I know it's already been touched on but I really enjoy how Cover seemingly acknowledged that western gachis love them some mentally unhinged women and went full crazy eyes with Shiori. Guess we will see if her personality matches, but I ain't no trend rider, I am still all in on Nerissa.

This short they uploaded really does her model some justice

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

Horo7618

No one in particular
Pre Debut musings....

Twins: They're in a good spot to be a real hit I think? Not saying "Gura killer" or anything dumb like that, but come on? Doggos and Twins? That's good stuff. I'm just... not sure if there's anything more than that? Like can they be actually interesting or just cute? Cute can take them quite a long way I expect though....

Shori: Hardest to get a real read on from her tweets so far. I'm not super in love with the model and crazy eyes personally, but I'm not writing her off or anything - she's in my "we'll see" bucket, but a big titty goth GF shouldn't have too much trouble getting fans.

Rissa: She's done the best job of making me like her so far. Pre-debut oshi if that's not too stupid of a concept... I just think she's neat.

Bijou: This gen's gamer, maybe? Elden ring reference, and I think she said something about staying up to 4am gaming? Hopefully she doesn't play too hard into loli tropes - that would be a turn off. Haven't seen any real sign of it so far, though....

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Cover really needs to schedule these at a reasonable time for the Euros.
Unless everyone is just a west coast us/canadian streamer again which is probably the case.
:gunpeko:
stop fighting over who has the better graduated oshi.
Draw gacha vs play gacha, pick your poison

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Wasn't there something about momoki being a huge Marine fan?

If she is Momoki, she probably lost her shit when she saw Marine's reply. Nerissa definitely seems to share the same feelings towards Marine as Momoki lol

Horo7618

No one in particular
If she is Momoki, she probably lost her shit when she saw Marine's reply. Nerissa definitely seems to share the same feelings towards Marine as Momoki lol
That other thing she posted in JP about her heart stopping was about a sempai too it seems....
Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 12.54.03 PM.png

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
They probably made the decision based on the Summer Karaoke Relay they put it in the middle of. Probably hoping to get some of the Japanese viewers to give the EN girls a chance by scheduling Mio right before them and having them already in the "it's a relay, got to keep watching" mood
Seems like a stupid idea, making a bunch of nips watch EN debuts that they probably won't follow up on since they only speak nip because grorious ranguage firthy gaijin scum or whatever.

On the subject of lore, I don't mind lore but the problem is... let's be honest, most vtuber lore is just shitty chunii oriental lore like pokemon or genshit, it's clunky, badly thought out, boring, the vtubers themselves are terrible fucking actors/storytellers and for the JPs it barely even exists! If it was actually solidly written then I might like it, but honestly for now it's just flavortext.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Excited for everyone except for the Loli her career seems a little bit sus.She had to do something else apart from being a vtuber.

Horo7618

No one in particular
Seems like a stupid idea, making a bunch of nips watch EN debuts that they probably won't follow up on since they only speak nip because grorious ranguage firthy gaijin scum or whatever.
I'm pretty sure most of HoloEN have a significant JP audience. A lot of them understand way more EN than they can speak.... Time zones are probably at least as big a factor as language in limiting the JP audience.

Last edited:

Tuwuturu

Team Slightly Menhera
Early Adopter

One more day for Doggies.:koronehappyl:

I hope these debuts go smoothly.

Top Bottom