"Second speech pathology appointment done and I am exhausted from swallowing animal crackers; They gamified swallowing with this device that sticks to your neck and I failed lmao"Fujikura Uruka

HoloAdvent En3 Talent Discussion/Debut Thread

Negzana

I am optimistic about this because there seems to be no problematic talents/troons/etc so Cover still has good quality control. Also after 2022 showing you shouldn't trust menheras or nepotism hires no matter how much money/views or talent/entertainment value they bring in or have, I believe Cover make sure they hire people who can stand on their own and focus on vtubing without menhera moments or preferring their other career.

God's Strongest Dragoon

On the topic of Council and leadership, while Bae was designated as "the leader" as a side title with her "Chaos" title being the main title, they also tried to organize collabs in a way that actually spread leadership around. They rotated collab streams with a different person hosting the collab and marking them responsible for leading the Council meeting each week, this individual was also took the main podium when they were hosting instead of "the leader Bae" always holding the main seat.
Also I have always have disagreed with the idea of Ame being the leader of Myth, there a different between being proactive and being a leader, same with people who say Kiara is like a leader either, she is proactive but have almost never really felt she was a leader, Council is even worse there a reason their collabs are so Chaotic I think they lack someone in charge even more than Myths does.
Couldn't agree more, Council is way more of a shitshow in collabs (this isn't necessarily a bad thing) because no one takes charge. While people primarily point to either Ame or Kiara as leaders of Myth, they at least show initiative with tard wrangling while Calli occasionally tries to tard wrangle. There is no tard wranglers in Council. The only time someone in Council really went out of their way to tard wrangle was Fauna in the Ender Dragon stream. Even then, that was not because Fauna wanted to lead but because the girls triggered the fuck out of her Minecraft Autism with their retardation.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Probably because the leader hosts the first collab after the debuts, so this reduces the strain on them to stream twice back-to-back and also lead all of the others. It's also nicer presentation when the leader opens the debuts, they are the leader so why shouldn't they go first?
Do we even have a Collab this time? Normally that's on the schedule with the debut times

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Do we even have a Collab this time? Normally that's on the schedule with the debut times
For some reason non of the girls have it on the description, I think the only place that posted it was the reddit thread, no waiting room yet but it will be on Shiori's channel:
1690607615406.png

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Wasn't there something about momoki being a huge Marine fan?

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
My main complaint of the debuts is they are late in the day. Like starts at midnight for me, if they moved ahead even a couple of hours they'd probably get more viewers

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
I could see her being done with the whole thing but going out with a bang by auditioning for shit and giggles and actually making it in. Everyone can say "nah man I'm done" but they would change their tune real fast if they got a golden ticket to a guaranteed 5 figures paycheck.
If it's her, she'll have the same situation as Ame and Kiara coming in; basically "This is my final shot". That backstory and wholesomeness, just shoot it straight in my veins!

My main complaint of the debuts is they are late in the day. Like starts at midnight for me, if they moved ahead even a couple of hours they'd probably get more viewers
Agreed, but now that we know it's part of a GIANT company relay, I can see why they have the timeslots that they got. It's going to be late, but I'm not missing this for anything.

Horo7618

No one in particular
Yeah the gens always have a very obvious "leader" figure, they always sit in the center in group art and are the ones who host the first collab.
I think the whole "leader" thing really started with myth because gen 5 had no real defined leader (gen 5 is more like 4 equals though even back then botan did act as a pillar for the others when aloe graduated) but gen 6 had La+ as a very obvious leader figure.
I think this whole leader thing is getting very overblown, personally. Like La+ is sort of the leader lore-wise in Holox (except it's more that she thinks she's the leader), but is she really a driving force organizing collabs and stuff? That's not my impression at all. Bae was the "leader" of Council but was very obviously not inclined to take that role on. And once they've settled in,there just aren't that many full gen collabs at all - one or two a year? Less for some of the JP gens....

Ultimately a generation leader just... doesn't matter very much.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Let me be the asshole. I just hope none of these girls pull a sana and a slot is wasted in some loser who decides making art for gacha games is a better gig than being a cute anime girl.
I know you sana posters never watched her and you just jumped on the bandwagon on the way out.
:Zaion-HAHAFAYAH:
it's funny how many people forget lurker is also a huge baitposter.
got some of em twice even good job.
Well it's also because Tempus literally stated "he's the leader" as his title, it's his entire gimmick. Meanwhile I don't remember what they used to define Ame as the leader but Bae was just "leader of Council" as a side thing in addition to being "Chaos".
Ame is supposedly the one that brought them all together the myths of the world and the detective that found them sort of thing (though why go with a Holmes stand in thats named after Watson instead of like literally anyone else Anita Blake? Nancy Drew? i at least they sometimes dealt with the supernatural.)

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
My main wish for the debuts are the same as my main wish for every debut: keep the lore shit to a minimum and get to the fucking point. Lore is there for flavour, it shouldn't upstage the streamer themselves.

MyName

imo more of the boys see magni as a "reluctant" leader. altare is the face, but magni is the heart

Magni is the heart, Vesper is the menhera and Axel is the dick and balls.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
not biased by the way. View attachment 38223
also predictions for how many guests this place will get for the debuts?
We had around 460 people when the second trailer dropped but that's including members, I'd say we will probably get 300 guests when the debuts are going.
I think this whole leader thing is getting very overblown, personally. Like La+ is sort of the leader lore-wise in Holox (except it's more that she thinks she's the leader), but is she really a driving force organizing collabs and stuff? That's not my impression at all. Bae was the "leader" of Council but was very obviously not inclined to take that role on. And once they've settled in,there just aren't that many full gen collabs at all - one or two a year? Less for some of the JP gens....

It has never mattered, it's not like a super important enforced role, it's just there and noticeable in the beginning and then starts to fade as the gens stop being so rigid. It's obvious management designates one of the designs as the leader before debut and in the lore, you could also call it "center" since it really doesn't have the much to do with leading as much as it has to do with being the centerpiece of the gen at first.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
I'm hoping the delayed debut of EN3 is due to Cover taking the time to let the new girls gel and develop chemistry, the super awkward first group collabs were fine 2 and 3 years ago when the concept of English-speaking vtubers were a new concept.. but there is lotsa competition now from indies and small corpos and standards are much higher.

I'm also hoping for more extroverts in this gen, I recognize Myth as being way more individually talented but I'm personally watching more Council nowadays cus they're a bit more open to just hanging out and collabing. I'm also hoping for an injection of fresh stream ideas within the confines of a conservative JP company, not expecting the degeneracy of Western vtubers.

This new batch has all the advantages needed to succeed, there shouldn't be any major issues with their models and designs. They just need to nail their new personalities, they've had 3+ years to observe what works and doesn't.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist

Laplus is a bad example of the point you're trying to make. Her lore role is the trope "leader in name only", not "leader". So if she doesn't show leadership outside of lore, that's exactly what is expected. In contrast, Lui's lore role is "right hand who is the only adult", so if she takes charge of the group outside of lore, that's also exactly what is expected.

There is always a lore leader for marketing and centerpiece purposes. But I think previously this role was given to whoever fit the model the best as an individual, and the capacity to lead was secondary. Now Cover seems to actively recruit a tard-wrangler for each gen, and from there, it's natural to give that person the lore leader model. Having a tard-wrangler is good for group content, even in collabs which don't involve the full gen.

The frequency of full gen collabs depends on the gen. HoloX had one or two this year. On the other end of the spectrum, you have the Exodia (JP2) who made it a meme how little they talk to each other.

I'm hoping the delayed debut of EN3 is due to Cover taking the time to let the new girls gel and develop chemistry, the super awkward first group collabs were fine 2 and 3 years ago when the concept of English-speaking vtubers were a new concept.. but there is lotsa competition now from indies and small corpos and standards are much higher.
One thing to keep in mind is that Myth and Council were not able to meet each other or their recruiters in person, while some of Advent have definitely met each other already.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Laplus is a bad example of the point you're trying to make. Her lore role is the trope "leader in name only", not "leader". So if she doesn't show leadership outside of lore, that's exactly what is expected. In contrast, Lui's lore role is "right hand who is the only adult", so if she takes charge of the group outside of lore, that's also exactly what is expected.
It's also worth noting management asked Lui to be La+'s personal tard wrangler

SaejimaHaruka

I don't understand why they didn't schedule them one day earlier. The second day of debuts is in the evening before a work day for NA, super early work day morning for EU, and noon for Japan. Wouldn't Friday/Saturday and Saturday/Sunday schedule work better, or am I missing something?

akaaoi

I don't understand why they didn't schedule them one day earlier. The second day of debuts is in the evening before a work day for NA, super early work day morning for EU, and noon for Japan. Wouldn't Friday/Saturday and Saturday/Sunday schedule work better, or am I missing something?
They probably made the decision based on the Summer Karaoke Relay they put it in the middle of. Probably hoping to get some of the Japanese viewers to give the EN girls a chance by scheduling Mio right before them and having them already in the "it's a relay, got to keep watching" mood

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
On the cosmic fuck-up that somehow, someway, COVER found a pair of performers that just out of sheer coincidence share so many little quirks and characteristics with, but are definitely not the "Vtubers formerly known as MAKIRA"... shit, I'm gonna laugh my ass off. I'll still check them out and support them. Crazy Eyes will probably take the oshi place in that case, though.

Here's this glorious artwork. (Twitter)
View attachment 38222
This fanart reminds me of that MS paint drawing of the "you have to eat all the eggs" girl, only replacing eggs with soup.

Sporg

Have any of the likely Advent candidates interacted with or hung out in the same circles as any holomems/PLs before joining?

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
it's funny how many people forget lurker is also a huge baitposter.

got some of em twice even good job.

Ame is supposedly the one that brought them all together the myths of the world and the detective that found them sort of thing (though why go with a Holmes stand in thats named after Watson instead of like literally anyone else Anita Blake? Nancy Drew? i at least they sometimes dealt with the supernatural.)
Me calling her a loser was the obvious bait but the rest whether they like it or not is true. Holo wasted a talent slot so hard is not even funny. The woman spent like half her year in holo MIA and then bailed on them after they were very accommodating on her situation. If I was holo I'd be fucking pissed, specially because they plan things so ahead that they must've lost money removing sana from future things. The girls aren't forced to renew their contract but fucking sana didn't even put in a year of work and fucked off to do gacha art. :Vesper-UNHINGED:
That's my only worry with these new girls. Hopefully they learned from it.

Top Bottom