"I like to think that Mococo just has a voice in her head, and she just has a double personality -'right Fuwawa? that's right!!'- "Shiori Novella

HoloAdvent En3 Talent Discussion/Debut Thread

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
We're about 24 hours away from the first round of debuts, what are everyone's thoughts, concerns, hopes, dreams? With the sheer amount of anticipation riding on EN3 after so many years, how nervous do you think they are, and will that nervousness translate to their debut? It almost always does, so be sure to give each of them your love and support through these trying times.

And be sure to clip things you want them to be reminded of on their anniversaries, so that they die of cringe - it's content all the way down
My thoughts?
It was damn time for this, I think EN3 should've come a year ago but I guess late is better than never, I have definitely felt this sense of wonder and childlike excitement from a lot of fan spaces that I hadn't felt since 2020, like everyone's ready to burst into raucous partying because they are just so pumped, I honestly feel the same.

Concerns?
Most of my concerns were banished quickly enough tbh, they didn't get horribly sub-culled, none of them has been found to have some controversial history for shitstirrers to exploit, all of them have been quite fun to see interact without anyone having any super annoying quirks and the models are all up to par. My only remaining worry is the twins not being GGN and the poor saps who got the models getting bombarded with hate, but that worry is quite small.

Hopes and dreams?
That they will bring a breath of fresh air to EN and quickly become vtubing staples, I personally hope that I find at least one of them interesting enough to force myself to watch streams.

I think they are quite fucking nervous, though Shiori seems oddly confident and composed by her interactions, she seems to fit the leader role a lot better than Ame or Bae ever did, I think they will be nervous but Holo has improved on many fronts in this round, from shorter debuts, to watchalongs, to two days instead of a marathon. to more promotional material, to simply a tighter and better executed protocol so I think internally these girls are in a much better place support-wise than council and myth were, they also have their senpai to rely on for advice and technical assistance.
Both Bae and Mumei implied to have met them physically (weird choice of wording if they just meant seeing each other via video call), so highly likely all of them traveled to Japan at the same time for, err.... on-boarding purpose? I remember ID1 mentioned something similar too, back then the pandemic hasn't really started so they got to travel to Japan.

Nothing in the clip implies they met physically, I think they just meant met as in they know them already unlike the audience and probably the other branches. Idk it just seems weird to meet these people whom you barely know.
so is nerissa lime 🌱or momoki🌟? what is everyones final answer
I am unable to answer that tbh, both are likely but neither is decisive enough, as for my preference I think momoki has the better pedigree and would be the better catch.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Let me be the asshole. I just hope none of these girls pull a sana and a slot is wasted in some loser who decides making art for gacha games is a better gig than being a cute anime girl.
I know you sana posters never watched her and you just jumped on the bandwagon on the way out.
:Zaion-HAHAFAYAH:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I know you sana posters never watched her and you just jumped on the bandwagon on the way out.
:sanastfu:
Screenshot_20221031_195527.jpg

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Let me be the asshole. I just hope none of these girls pull a sana and a slot is wasted in some loser who decides making art for gacha games is a better gig than being a cute anime girl.
:Zaion-HAHAFAYAH:
@God's Strongest Sanalite Get this man's ass.

lalilulelo

Lime is cute, but Momoki likes Gundam and Macross, so I personally want to see it be her.
i like rooting for the underdog, but realistically i think its momoki as well. which is great.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
We're about 24 hours away from the first round of debuts, what are everyone's thoughts, concerns, hopes, dreams? With the sheer amount of anticipation riding on EN3 after so many years, how nervous do you think they are, and will that nervousness translate to their debut? It almost always does, so be sure to give each of them your love and support through these trying times.

And be sure to clip things you want them to be reminded of on their anniversaries, so that they die of cringe - it's content all the way down
Thoughts? Seem like solid hires, and if the predictions are true I don't think there's a single girl who's a flake in the way some of Myth and Council can be. The main problem with HoloEn right now is when someone goes on hiatus or gets busy or sick it leaves a gaping hole in everything En-related. This selection seems tailor-made to solve that issue and I can only hope that the appearance from PL of consistent people who deliver regularly is real.

I also appreciate how it seems Cover has greatly streamlined the debut process and pushing concepts, lore, timelines that sound professionally planned rather than amateur. It feels like a full production now, in industry-leading fashion. Myth was full soul and they pulled it off, but you could see the cracks. Council's trailers got memed hard and they had a massive tech issue that delayed debuts a full day. HoloX and Advent are showing a new side to the company's ability to produce a gen.

Concerns? I don't think any of them are going to blow us away with something new, other than the twins' gimmick. I can hope Nerissa with have a big music output and that at least one of them will pick up non-stream content, but it might not happen. I have a feeling people will be calling this gen extremely mid when they do nothing but flavor of the month and niche content, but for me that's fine. These were safe, productive picks, and I am happy to let Ame and Mori and Fauna and Kiara and Bae keep being the creative engines of the branch.

Hopes and dreams? That they go out of their way to reach out to others and drive the rest of HoloEn forward. We need organizers and extroverts in Hololive English, damnit. I will be happy when my Kiara is busy being invited to collabs instead of doing the inviting.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

akaaoi

New Shiori Short for the rrat mill. (Well, it's not like she says anything or provides any hand written documents in it, but maybe there's some obscure to all but blatant to meganfans hint in there)

The Rrat

Early Adopter
I think they are quite fucking nervous, though Shiori seems oddly confident and composed by her interactions, she seems to fit the leader role a lot better than Ame or Bae ever did, I think they will be nervous but Holo has improved on many fronts in this round, from shorter debuts, to watchalongs, to two days instead of a marathon. to more promotional material, to simply a tighter and better executed protocol so I think internally these girls are in a much better place support-wise than council and myth were, they also have their senpai to rely on for advice and technical assistance.
Speaking of the whole "leader" role. Seems like they switched up the order of debut for it. Ame and Bae debuted last of the group, but Altare and now Shiori are debuting first. Wonder why they decided to make that change. I do think Altare plays the leader role better than Ame and Bae, so yeah, will be interesting to see how she is.

Art tax:

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Main Concern:Experience:There is like half of the candidates with some years in Vtubing but there are others with careers that look like speedruns.One of the reasons of why Council crashed was that the most experienced where an Indie and the prodigy of a Small Malasian Corpo.Contrast with HoloX:2 Indies vtubers with thousands of hours,the miracle child of Re:Act and another 2 wildcards to round-up a very solid gen.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Speaking of the whole "leader" role. Seems like they switched up the order of debut for it. Ame and Bae debuted last of the group, but Altare and now Shiori are debuting first. Wonder why they decided to make that change. I do think Altare plays the leader role better than Ame and Bae, so yeah, will be interesting to see how she is.

Art tax:

Probably because the leader hosts the first collab after the debuts, so this reduces the strain on them to stream twice back-to-back and also lead all of the others. It's also nicer presentation when the leader opens the debuts, they are the leader so why shouldn't they go first?

God's Strongest Dragoon

Art tax:

Well it's also because Tempus literally stated "he's the leader" as his title, it's his entire gimmick. Meanwhile I don't remember what they used to define Ame as the leader but Bae was just "leader of Council" as a side thing in addition to being "Chaos".

Last edited:

lalilulelo

i think altare is the best at keyfabing it up as leader. i think hes the face of the group clearly. imo more of the boys see magni as a "reluctant" leader. altare is the face, but magni is the heart

imo ame is the better leader. she might as well be the main character of EN. she works behind the scenes to do alot of things and takes initiative

bae was just labeled leader by the lore. i dont think council views anyone as a leader

Last edited:

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Meanwhile I don't remember what they used to define Ame
Pretty much her lore of investigating the other girls mythical creatures, pointing her as the forefront character of the group as the odd one out, is how I saw it.

imo ame is the better leader. she might as well be the main character of EN. she works behind the scenes to do alot of things and takes initiative
I think Kiara is better as the leader in a literal sense. I wouldn't define anyone as the main character in Myth, but Ame herself seems to greatly prefer playing the part of supporting character, rather than leader.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Well it's also because Tempus literally stated "he's the leader" as his title, it's his entire gimmick. Meanwhile I don't remember what they used to define Ame as the leader but Bae was just "leader of Council" as a side thing in attention to being "Chaos".
Pretty much her lore of investigating the mythical creatures that were rhe rest of the girls, pointing her as the forefront character of the group as the odd one out, is how I saw it.
Yeah the gens always have a very obvious "leader" figure, they always sit in the center in group art and are the ones who host the first collab.
I think the whole "leader" thing really started with myth because gen 5 had no real defined leader (gen 5 is more like 4 equals though even back then botan did act as a pillar for the others when aloe graduated) but gen 6 had La+ as a very obvious leader figure.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Pretty much her lore of investigating the mythical creatures that were rhe rest of the girls, pointing her as the forefront character of the group as the odd one out, is how I saw it.
Yeah the gens always have a very obvious "leader" figure, they always sit in the center in group art and are the ones who host the first collab.
I think the whole "leader" thing really started with myth because gen 5 had no real defined leader but gen 6 had La+ as a very obvious leader figure.

I don't think they ever intended Ame to be the leader even in lore, she was a plot device to explain why they were all together but she was not the one leading them or taking decision, Bae being the head of the council was also a little of and afterthought IMO, and she has never been much of a leading figure on council since either, I think with Altare and Shiori the whole leader role was way more front and center and at least Altare really took to the role for real.

Also I have always disagreed with the idea that Ame is the leader of Myth, there a different between being proactive and being a leader, same with people who say Kiara is like a leader either, she is proactive but have almost never really felt she was a leader, Council is even worse there a reason their collabs are so Chaotic I think they lack someone in charge even more than Myths does.​

Last edited:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
HoloX:2 Indies vtubers with thousands of hours,the miracle child of Re:Act and another 2 wildcards to round-up a very solid gen.
not biased by the way. kropausechamp.png
also predictions for how many guests this place will get for the debuts?

Koros Apogee

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Watching Mumei drag Council around in a collab because she's the only one who has an idea in her head of how it's supposed to go is pretty funny.

But yeah Council shares it as much as anyone. Sana was the extrovert but didn't want to take charge, Bae is the organizer but lacks the multitasking to keep something on track, Fauna has the organizational skills but can not make herself listened to, Mumei lacks the organizational skills but wants things to be on track, and Kronii and IRyS are pure forces of chaos.

When it works it works, when it doesn't work they spend an entire collab fucking around (fine for the entertainment) or fail to collab at all for months.

Top Bottom