"Let's make a dick!"Gundou Mirei

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Seiso vtuber Lia, of Phase Connect fame, wants you to send her mean maros to get her to record her shorts:

I can't think of any alternate reason why Lia would want to be sent mean maros. Nope. None.

niggaphil

Seiso vtuber Lia, of Phase Connect fame, wants you to send her mean maros to get her to record her shorts:

I can't think of any alternate reason why Lia would want to be sent mean maros. Nope. None.

Lia Inbox gonna full of Jellyfish-related biology questions

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Wait, I remember Niji 3D technology and studio is much better and bigger than Hololive? I could be wrong, but I remember vaguely that people praised Niji 3D tech when compared with Hololive (Hope some Nijibros or Nijisisters could comment on this). I doubt they will need to hire Holo's studio.
Not sure about studio but in terms of 3D, Niji3D is able to implement some things that, at that time, Hololive couldn't do. Like for example, Niji3D has capacity to rig things like chairs or props in order for the talent doing 3D to interact with and implementation of 3D asset that is beyond usual 3D studio capability (interactable maimai arcade machine, huge 3D model of a monster from a game/huge original mecha prop, etc). Hololive 3D is starting to become great recently, so in the end they somewhat become equal, at least in my opinion.

UncreativeVtuberEnjoyer

Wait, I remember Niji 3D technology and studio is much better and bigger than Hololive? I could be wrong, but I remember vaguely that people praised Niji 3D tech when compared with Hololive (Hope some Nijibros or Nijisisters could comment on this). I doubt they will need to hire Holo's studio.
I don't thing niji studio is bigger, but they still have better 3d than hololive even if marginally, hololive is far better now and they are pretty close with nijisanji, but the difference is probably most software and not hardware so all that niji would need to do to use Cover studios would be put some computers in a car, take them to Cover and connect them to cover cameras

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
I don't thing niji studio is bigger, but they still have better 3d than hololive even if marginally, hololive is far better now and they are pretty close with nijisanji, but the difference is probably most software and not hardware so all that niji would need to do to use Cover studios would be put some computers in a car, take them to Cover and connect them to cover cameras
Maybe it is compatible (beyond some tweaking) considering possibility of unity collab or some stuff. And that could also explain the need of big venue for Niji 3D concert since their studio isn't really enough for say, multiple talent concerts.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Not sure about studio but in terms of 3D, Niji3D is able to implement some things that, at that time, Hololive couldn't do. Like for example, Niji3D has capacity to rig things like chairs or props in order for the talent doing 3D to interact with and implementation of 3D asset that is beyond usual 3D studio capability (interactable maimai arcade machine, huge 3D model of a monster from a game/huge original mecha prop, etc). Hololive 3D is starting to become great recently, so in the end they somewhat become equal, at least in my opinion.
Yeah, I was familiar with their impressive asset rigging from seeing some old clips of NijiJP 3D collabs. I haven't seen Hololive do any impressive interactive stuff yet in their 3D. With some of the other japanese corps (like Vspo, Neo-Porte, or 774), renting to them would make sense to cover costs.

The main reason why I considered whether they rent to NijiJP is the availability of studios in general. While I know Niji has some good tech, I don't know about how large their studio is and considering Hololive apparently has multiple studio stages, this may be valuable to Nijisanji with their huge cast of talents. I believe reading here a night or two ago that the main reason they cancelled the NijiEN concert was revealed to be due to scheduling issues, not actually covid. When you've got so many talents running around, you're averaging out around a birthday almost every 1-3 days at Nijisanji. If someone wants to do a 3D birthday stream, good fucking luck scheduling that with so many people there.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
If he finds a Real Doll vtuber we'll lose him forever.

But surely he already knows about Melody.

i wonder what the effects would be if pippa died soonish. would pc crumble? maybe the woke shit makes more headway in vtuber culture? death of vtubing for normies?

What a fucking morbid post. PC would lose its best earner, sure, but I think at this point they have a deep enough roster of other talents that the company as a whole could survive. Remember that everyone got mad at Henri, and rightly so, when he said that Pippa was carrying PC. Your post kind of has the same implications.

Edit: WAIT WTF IS RIE DOING IN THIS??????????

Give yourself some credit. You did a good job.

For what it is worth, people have started going through the assets and sadly it may be bad news for those who didn't want her to go there.

What is this schizo nonsense and why is everyone buying into it? I don't even get what similarities I'm supposed to be seeing in the emote comparisons, but I doubt it'd be of any help even if someone were to corkboard and red string it for me. I'm not any more convinced than I was this morning that it's the kettle and all of you sadposting are going to look really silly when it turns out to be some wall-fearing fleshtuber or something.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

AmpleChip

I do not believe Pikkamee is dumb enough to fall for Kson's spiel no matter how long kson's tongue is.
But "Kson's spiel" is a rrat. None of us know what level of contracts Vshojo JP is offering. Whatever the JP contract contains, it was lucrative enough to get Coco and Rushia on for fuck's sake. Two of the biggest vtubers on the planet chose to join Vshojo instead of staying indie. If the new hire is Pikamee, she would be multiplying her NEET income just by streaming on a new avatar.

Vtubing is a job, and jobs get stale after many years. Joining Vshojo with the grand feeling of a fresh start on a new character, way more money and together with one of her closest friends, I cannot think of any non-rrat, non-anti reason she would say no. Graduating and reincarnating for a fresh start is a staple of vtubing as it is with switching your jobs in real life.
Then again, if it turns out to be someone completely different, I will be simultaneously disappointed and laughing my ass off at the dumpster fire.

No way dude

DISCORD delenda est
JANNIE UPDATE
Hey all, resident broom pusher here. Due to public interest, as well as DM's I've received, I just wanted to let you all know that @NolanCrush has earned himself a vacation from this thread. Enjoy your piece and quiet.
END JANNIE UPDATE
Looks like Nolan got "cleaned"

0.jpg
1.jpg

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Yeah, I was familiar with their impressive asset rigging from seeing some old clips of NijiJP 3D collabs. I haven't seen Hololive do any impressive interactive stuff yet in their 3D. With some of the other japanese corps (like Vspo, Neo-Porte, or 774), renting to them would make sense to cover costs.

The main reason why I considered whether they rent to NijiJP is the availability of studios in general. While I know Niji has some good tech, I don't know about how large their studio is and considering Hololive apparently has multiple studio stages, this may be valuable to Nijisanji with their huge cast of talents. I believe reading here a night or two ago that the main reason they cancelled the NijiEN concert was revealed to be due to scheduling issues, not actually covid. When you've got so many talents running around, you're averaging out around a birthday almost every 1-3 days at Nijisanji. If someone wants to do a 3D birthday stream, good fucking luck scheduling that with so many people there.
Niji's don't give out 3d's or concerts the same way as Holo so no worries about that. NijiEN's AR got bodied because of more popular talent needing the studios. Also, Holo's have to postpone or adjust 3d's because of conflicts as well, I suspect Aki is in that situation. The homeland is down but a conversation about 3d's there was focused on the model quality. It was focused on Hayase Sou's banger of a concert and how Niji's new models were better. I think Holo's new one's are just as good now but the more fantastical outfits in Holo might continue struggling with clipping.

Also, they spent 2.7 billion yen according to the article. All I hope is that this saves time and doesn't do something dumb like double travel time because you have to meet in person at the office or some shit.

Soothe your soul

She's getting quite popular nowadays too

themanimthehills

What a fucking morbid post. PC would lose its best earner, sure, but I think at this point they have a deep enough roster of other talents that the company as a whole could survive. Remember that everyone got mad at Henri, and rightly so, when he said that Pippa was carrying PC. Your post kind of has the same implications.
It's more than that I think. If Pippa died while still associated with Phase, it be very hard for the company to separate itself from the tragedy.

Yeah, they'd probably be fine in the long run, but it would be probably at least a year or two until the tragedy won't be associated with Phase anymore.
Arrghhh the boys were shitting on Mirai Nikki and the femboy trying to be corny shut Bettel up mid sentence
Are you really defending Mirai Nikki right now? Cringe.
I expect there to be a huge rampup in 3d content but I wouldn't be surprised if they rent out some of the studios to other corps like Niji.
Has anyone ever watched 3D content that was actually good?

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
I believe reading here a night or two ago that the main reason they cancelled the NijiEN concert was revealed to be due to scheduling issues, not actually covid. When you've got so many talents running around, you're averaging out around a birthday almost every 1-3 days at Nijisanji. If someone wants to do a 3D birthday stream, good fucking luck scheduling that with so many people there.
It definitely wasn't COVID but scheduling issues aren't limited to studio capacity and availability.

Let's do some napkin math:
LazuLight were in Japan for 3 weeks to record their 3D debuts as well as some extra tidbits. Luxiem were also in Japan for about 3 weeks as well.

So if we assume Niji need about 3 weeks per wave, then they'd need to squeeze in about 9 weeks or more on Obsydia, Ethyria and Noctyx to fly into Japan within the 11 weeks between the NJU announcement (Jan 22) and the Event (Apr 8-9). This gives them a 2-week margin for error to fly out 10 more members - all with untested 3D rigs - just to do the recording. Engineers would then need more time to clean everything up.

COLORS was never an issue of if Anycolor had the facilities to do it, but moreso that everyone and their mothers would have been crunched to an insanely high level for a chance at completion that still wasn't 100%. In the last month alone there have been 6x 3D Debuts, 1x 3D Live, 1x New 3D outfit Live, a couple of Anniversary Lives and regular broadcast of shows like ゲームる? ゲームる! In the last 3 months there have been AT LEAST 7 Birthday Lives (one of them being 8 hours long). The company definitely doesn't need to start outsourcing 3D facilities.

Tangential to this, and this'll be my last post for a little while because I'm in the middle of some shit that needs my attention, but I've spent the last two days on and off scouring Anycolor's financial reports in a desperate search for any hackneyed equation that would lead False and his 'sources' of totally legitimate, not /vt/ tribalspergs to the conclusion that there is a 98:2 split on physical merch and I literally cannot find fucking anything.

Like, there's nothing there. The financial reports don't even compartmentalise physical merch from digital goods, so net profit and gross profit is skewed because there's no way to identify what the share between the company and individuals are.

The only things you can really parse from those graphs is that even shitty A-posing acrylic stands have a fuckton of overhead costs. With no grasp on if the 2% (if even real) is gross profit or net profit it's difficult to have any opinion on it at all, so it's a little sad that everyone is typing at the speed of outrage over something that, for all intents and purposes as of typing this, was made up.

That includes Kson's tweets about it, which she made in full knowledge that she has no idea on if it's true or not. Her campaign to show why VShojo is the best and every other corpo is the worst would be admirable - if not for the fact that 2/3 of the graduated members have jumped ship to Mythic with one of them, Nyanners, going on record to say that her VShojo contract didn't make any financial sense to her. Three people graduated because being an Indie or being in Mythic was better for them. Think about that, and think about how that undermines Kson's entire pitch when she joined.

EDIT: As I was writing this up, Sukosuko announced a 3D DJ event taking place in a couple days.

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Are you really defending Mirai Nikki right now? Cringe
Quite the opposite, i was enjoying hearing the boys call it shit and femboy was so loud they changed the subject

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
The only things you can really parse from those graphs is that even shitty A-posing acrylic stands have a fuckton of overhead costs. With no grasp on if the 2% (if even real) is gross profit or net profit it's difficult to have any opinion on it at all, so it's a little sad that everyone is typing at the speed of outrage over something that, for all intents and purposes as of typing this, was made up.

I'm sorry, friend, but this is cope. Of course minutiae of contracts aren't going to be in public financial disclosures. I believe the 2% because I trust False when he says he checked that number with multiple sources before reporting it, and because it lines up with what livers themselves have said, both that one that specifically said he gets around 2% per sale (I can't remember who that was, but the clip was posted here) and those who put merch at the bottom of the list when asked how best to financially support them.

That said, I still think that 2% is referring to 2% of the total sales price and not 2% of the profit, and thus we can't really do anything with that number without knowing what the markup is on the product. I think a lot of people, including kson, are thinking that 2% means 2% of the profit and shaming Niji more than warranted.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
hat one that specifically said he gets around 2% per sale (I can't remember who that was, but the clip was posted here)
It was Mysta 100%, but i believe pomu once also said something about the merch split at some point

UberSoldat

IdenticalPlateaus

That said, I still think that 2% is referring to 2% of the total sales price and not 2% of the profit, and thus we can't really do anything with that number without knowing what the markup is on the product. I think a lot of people, including kson, are thinking that 2% means 2% of the profit and shaming Niji more than warranted.
In some ways this would be even worse though because it is a nonsensical way to operate. There would have to be a lot more restrictions because otherwise the company would run at a loss for most merch if the talent gamed the system.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Clip of Mysta here

See, even in this video, Khyo says "2% of the profit." I don't think that's correct. Really wish False would clarify this point himself (maybe he has and I haven't seen it yet).

In some ways this would be even worse though because it is a nonsensical way to operate. There would have to be a lot more restrictions because otherwise the company would run at a loss for most merch if the talent gamed the system.

I don't know what you mean. How would them getting 2% of the profits mean the company would run at a loss or the talents would game the system (what system)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom