"Oh... fuck my Big Chungus life..."Eimi Isami

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter
So I did some quick research on Eien on Socialblade, to see what numbers they were getting:

Obviously there are memberships to add to this, but it's hard to believe there's many of them after two months of streaming and the members being around 10k subs or less. It's also hard to know how accurate the numbers of Socialblade are, but if this is roughly indicative, all of the talents between Ithem are making 2K a month, which has to be split between Youtube and the talents before the manager and the company get any money, which also has to cover various expenses.

It's not hard to believe the rrats about the EIEN company failing when you see numbers like these.
Those monthly earnings are estimated ad earnings, they just take views multiply them by a guess of how much ads give per million view. Basically, this means nothing. If you want to try a guess at how much they make, you need to look at superchat revenue; which we can't do because playboard isn't watching her channel yet.
But seeing as how popular she was getting and how much she streamed, and the cut EIEN takes, EIEN probably came out even or better, money-wise (though that's still very bad)

Last edited:

lvl8

Btw, non vtuber related news, DYKG Youtube channel got hacked by some Ripple crypto shit. So if you see Ripple live feed on your Youtube subscription it's because you're subbed to DYKG and they got hacked.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
  • "Holy shitaki." Okay, that's a way to keep it family friendly, I guess? Does she do that a lot?

Shiitake is an emote for a reason.
1682705097397.png

There's also 'fudge', 'apple' (as in 'bad-apple'), 'beach' ('sun on the beach'), and I'm probably forgetting some...
It just makes it all the more funny when she does accidentally let out a real one (pretty sure I heard a real 'fudge' this stream, which she then denied saying).
Edit: Gif, because I just saw it:

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Member (Agency) - Date - Cause of death
Pikamee (VOMS) - 31 March - Twitter freaks
Yuri (Phase-Connect) - 23 Apr (?) - Contract violation, failed contract renegotiation
Silvervale (VShojo) - 26 Apr (?) - Twitter freaks, failed contract renegotiation
Veibae (VShojo) - 26 Apr (?) - Failed contract renegotiation
Riifu Evergreen (EIEN) - 28 Apr - Overwork, contract violation
did you forget Mirai Akari ? Another serious candidate for VshojoJP now that they need the expansion

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Wow, finally a drama I was asleep for occurred. I figured I was cursed to be in the eye of the yab.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Mozu is finally live after technical difficulties, let's hope she stays that way

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Well it was darn time for one these upstart corpos to really feel the heat, they were looking too fresh and relaxed for their own good.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, SCHIZOS AND AUTISTS, GET YOUR BUTTS IN YOUR SEATS BECAUSE YOU'RE IN FOR A WILD RIDE! GET READY FOR 8 MORE MONTHS OF CONTINUAL YABS AND GRADUATIONS, IT WAS NEVER THE MONTH OF THE RAKE, ITS THE YEAR OF THE RAKE! 12 MONTHS OF PURE DRAMA FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT!
Nene graduates first.not so fun now is it.

Rifu was the most "public" about everything so no surprise shes the who got leaked.

Ratts of unusual size. What is surprising how blatantly this was for a publicity boost unless i missed something Rifu was to quit because of "overwork" which for anyone else i would take at face value but considering her other account her content as Rifu which reads to me as "i don't want to maintain two accounts"

IT would also explain the "contract violations" she doesn't seem stupid so she may not have cared about following the contract to begin with

Limkin

I thought it was Ina's stream for a second because of thumbnail and got excited. Still going to watch it though

RhoasJonas

Capippalist

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

Didn't fishman told her to hold her romanian rage at bay for the sponsored stream? If the lineup they have is for the sponsored stream what in the actual fuck was fishman thinking about putting those girls together and more importantly why did he think taking a sponsorship asking you to be family friendly was the right move when you run a crew of unstable bitches.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
In other coomer news, Saruei is redebuting in about 13 minutes.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Too bad from the looks of it proctor won't be able to sleep this weekend :pippasadl:

Also as I am not an EIEN watcher, was Riifu always this workaholic, or are her genmates just not being highlighted here more often? I used to believe she was doing fine as Riifu and see no reason as to why she would consider pulling the plug so early

In a shocking twist the one most prevalent in whoring herself out has a distaste for being fucked. I guess we'll see how it pans out but I'm enjoying the schadenfreude of Riifu's suffering.

Has anyone considered that the curse may not be on April? Maybe its the entire year and each month only gets worse, rather than it ending May could just bring level 5. If any of you have superstitious rituals that you do to ward of bad luck may i suggest you do more of them.

My ward shelf is already covered in bones and totems for other reasons, I don't have room for more right now.

As the year goes on, it is important for us to study the correlation of complete societal collapse in the vtuber community vs the sudden resurgence and useage of the phrase "super duper" in popular culture tangentially related to vtubers and vtubers themselves

It's all connected somehow, I can feel it in my bones

:cursedbae:It's a real life Pontypool situation and this is the beginning of the end of English as a language.

It really only work if the cosplayer wore clothing that covers it, though I guess that it's either that or using pads. I know that you could just, buy fake boobs for it, but the last time I ever seen those being used it was used by a crossdresser which is enough to cause confusion of me.

Not sure if anyone care because this is not Hololive, but Nijisanji is doing another round of 3.0 model brush-up debuts. This time, it's NijiJP Oliver Evans, NijiEx-ID Reza Avaluna, and NijiEN's Reimu Endou.

Also Hana Macchia's 3D debut is close as well. Knowing the shit that just happened a couple of days, maybe something's gonna happen.

Hell yeah Reza.

Okay, which of you fuckers helps run the Banned VT Memes account?

:Vesper-UNHINGED:

Luv a duck mate, yur all dumb'n parsley to meh, which is quite sad, innit? I don't gib a monkey's what you think, I'm over 'ere 'appy as a pig in shit an then you come over and start peckin' me ead. I'm just watching it be a bit black over Bill's mother's for EIEN, so go sling ur hook before I come over there and knock you all skrew-wiff, so I will.

What the fuck is this white boy ebonics shit.

I need to start a chuuba/streamer PC troubleshooting business. I don't understand how all these streamers have so many issues with their PCs.

I have this same thought every time there's a post about PC issues. A small voice in the back of my head saying "I can fix her (PC)."

"Yea miss streamer, now you need to install this piece of software that gives me remote access to your pc, it's the only possible way to fix your driver issues"

"Now for the matter of payment for my services, I accept Amazon gift cards..."

(archive)

It's official.

:whatastory::whatastory::whatastory::whatastory::whatastory::whatastory::whatastory::whatastory::whatastory::whatastory::whatastory::whatastory::whatastory::whatastory::whatastory::whatastory::whatastory::whatastory::whatastory::whatastory::whatastory::whatastory:

This is what you get.

Well it was darn time for one these upstart corpos to really feel the heat, they were looking too fresh and relaxed for their own good.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, SCHIZOS AND AUTISTS, GET YOUR BUTTS IN YOUR SEATS BECAUSE YOU'RE IN FOR A WILD RIDE! GET READY FOR 8 MORE MONTHS OF CONTINUAL YABS AND GRADUATIONS, IT WAS NEVER THE MONTH OF THE RAKE, ITS THE YEAR OF THE RAKE! 12 MONTHS OF PURE DRAMA FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT!

I can't wait to see if we get a full on chuuba IRL logout. That's my top prize for Event of the Year.

at this point im starting to think im cursed most of the people who quit ive watched

Can we have your list please, there may be need for an intervention if there's anyone good left on it.

Shiitake is an emote for a reason.
View attachment 22416

There's also 'fudge', 'apple' (as in 'bad-apple'), 'beach' ('sun on the beach'), and I'm probably forgetting some...
It just makes it all the more funny when she does accidentally let out a real one (pretty sure I heard a real 'fudge' this stream, which she then denied saying).
Edit: Gif, because I just saw it:

Hearing Irys accidentally swear is like sitting with a girl you like and getting a brief glimpse down her shirt and seeing bra cup. I don't know why I like it so much but for some reason it's just exciting to hear. I might die if she ever went full on sailor-mouthed tirade.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
So I did some quick research on Eien on Socialblade, to see what numbers they were getting:

Obviously there are memberships to add to this, but it's hard to believe there's many of them after two months of streaming and the members being around 10k subs or less. It's also hard to know how accurate the numbers of Socialblade are, but if this is roughly indicative, all of the talents between Ithem are making 2K a month, which has to be split between Youtube and the talents before the manager and the company get any money, which also has to cover various expenses.

It's not hard to believe the rrats about the EIEN company failing when you see numbers like these.
A lot of people talk about SocialBlade being inaccurate, but rarely break down the specifics, so here you go:

Video views are usually accurate, this can get fucky if videos are deleted or set to private/unlisted, and sometimes it leaves one day blank and carries the views over to the next for some unexplainable reason, but it's usually close enough. This is the extent of SocialBlade being actually useful.

Subscriber counts have been fucked since YouTube changed the API a while back to obscure the exact figure, instead rounding to the closest hundred, thousand, or million depending on the channel size. You can vaguely tell whether a channel's doing well with subs by whether the numbers are red or green but otherwise there's not much you can't tell just by looking at the channel itself.

The most inaccurate part are the revenue estimations. Firstly, this is only an estimate of advertisement revenue, not Super Chats, Super Thanks, memberships etc.. Contrary to popular belief it is possible to make good money with AdSense for certain kinds of channels, but with how most streamers operate this is typically their smallest revenue source. Streamers can collect passive revenue from running ads on their stream vods, but with some exceptions, they likely make more from superchats in a night than they do from ad revenue in a month.

Secondly, the figures they estimate are based on oversimplified understandings of how ad revenue works. SocialBlade get their numbers by taking sample low and high CPMs (the earnings from 1000 ad impressions) and using a multiplication formula to give a lower possible figure and a higher possible figure. The exact system that sets the cost of ads is too complicated to explain here, but as a tl;dr they're sold on an auction basis, so the demand for certain kinds of ads can be affected by various different factors. SocialBlade's estimations overlook a lot of important variables:
  • Time of year - demand for ads are at their highest on the lead up to Christmas, making November and December the most lucrative months for ad revenue. There is fuck-all to sell you in January so the rates tank.
  • Viewer demographics/engagement - there are more companies targeting young adults who show interest in films, video games, tech, music, and sport than there are targeting 94-year-old grandmothers who watch dominoes strategies and knitting tutorials. YouTubers who attract "general audiences" will have higher-paying ads available to them.
  • Viewer location - English-speaking countries typically have more companies looking to advertise on YouTube than countries you can't pronounce the name of.
  • Style of content - most mainstream advertisers request their ads not run on videos that receive the "yellow icon".
  • Midrolls - some YouTubers run midroll advertisements on their longer videos, like stream vods, and SB doesn't account for this. It's also important to recognise that just because a YouTuber places midroll ads at certain timestamps doesn't mean every viewer will see an ad there, this depends on the ad inventory at the time.
  • Content ID claims - SB cannot tell if a video has a copyright claim on it. If it does, the accrued revenue is either paid to the claimant entirely, or split between the two parties, depending on the particular arrangement.
  • AdSense settings - it is possible to manually prevent ads from specific advertisers from appearing on your videos. Some YouTubers disable ads from gambling or drinks companies for ethical reasons, for example.
  • Adblock usage - self-explanatory, really.
There are probably more things I'm overlooking, but this should give you an idea of just how little weight SocialBlade actually holds. Referring to their figures as "estimates" is being generous, they might as well be pulling numbers straight out their arse.

*still lucky enough to have no Chuuba fall off or disappear and hoping that buff extends to Haachama
What will I have to give to make sure nothing happens to Chammers this year that really may be the breaking point
I've been getting really worried about Haachama lately. I hope she's doing okay. She's such a big part of what vtubing is in my eyes that the hobby would feel much emptier without her.

Last edited:

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Mehk

BBC enjoyer/ghost hunter and kosher's tummy enjoyer doing a kusogaki cast. Should be somewhat entertaining.

Also Tanget cherry popping fox is starting. DO THE SPONSOR THING!
https://strms.net/callofdragons_kirsche7050 turn off adblocker when you open the link, download game and pay attention to her stream.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Watch Panko play DMC5 while trying to keep her potato pc from going up like Chernobyl.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
So I posted about this twitch Vtuber before when they were debuting, wondering who they were as they has 20K twitch fallowers already, but it looks like they deleted their fallowers?

Haven't actually watched her because twitch hate, but I'm curios what she did? Could it be function to remove suspected bots or subs that haven't viewed lately?
They're indeed down to 600 something fallowers form 20K or more. Interestingly I was unfollowed from her too and what also disturbs me is I couldn't actually recall when/why I had fallowed her as I seemed to already have her fallowed when I saw her debuting as a vtuber but had no idea who she was?:retard:???

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
BBC enjoyer/ghost hunter and kosher's tummy enjoyer doing a kusogaki cast. Should be somewhat entertaining.

Also Tanget cherry popping fox is starting. DO THE SPONSOR THING!
https://strms.net/callofdragons_kirsche7050 turn off adblocker when you open the link, download game and pay attention to her stream.

Should've called it uuoohhh cast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom