General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
What a shitty mentality. This isn't a line of work, it's too unstable and unpredictable, and after the cuts it might not even be viable proper income. It's a hobby they just so happen to be able to profit off of. They all have real jobs or someone else to provide for them, this isn't needy streamer overload, none of these girls are k angel.
Except Lia.

You're wrong about fishman. He's not greedy; he's batshit insane.
Maybe the girls don't wanna be famous, but Fishman is trying to run a successful business. Talents of his nerfing themselves is bad for business. If he's doing his due diligence he should be forcing these raids down their throats. I'm certain when the money starts rolling in, their minds will ease knowing they have financial security through making more than they need at the moment. And that's especially important with how unstable and unpredictable this line of work is. More money now is more safety later down the line if the money well starts drying up.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
I just noticed something, Kronii is no longer following either Geist or Yuria on her kronii account, but she is still following them on the Dottovu account.
yu.png ge.png
I wonder if someone told her to unfollow them or if she decided to unfollow them on her own, she also closed her twitter DMs as Dottovu (again).

wrp

This is a line of work. Pretending otherwise is folly. There's a reason girls want to get into a corpo, even a small one. It increases your chances of making this your full time job. Most vtubers start with the intention of making this their full-time job if they're successful. You can't tell me Rie just loves vtubing as a hobby so much, she doesn't care how much shis of work. Pretending otherwise is folly. There's a reason girls want to get into a corpo, even a small one. It increases your chances of making this your full time job. Most vtubers start with the intention of making this their full-time job if they're successful. You can't tell me Rie just loves vtubing as a hobby so much, she doesn't care how much she makes from it. She joined a corpo for a reason. She wants to make money. Now there's nothing wrong with that, but acting like it's not a motivation is just wrong.
I'm not saying the money is no factor at all. I'm also not saying the girls aren't retarded. I'm just saying that anyone who isn't doesn't go into vtubing expecting money, especially into a small corpo. Lately, with the exception of the jew sorcerer, it's become increasingly obvious that small corpos have less to offer established indies than they have to gain from staying established and indie, and that's without factoring in the gamble that you could be joining another Wactor or CyberLive.

Maybe the girls don't wanna be famous, but Fishman is trying to run a successful business. Talents of his nerfing themselves is bad for business. If he's doing his due diligence he should be forcing these raids down their throats. I'm certain when the money starts rolling in, their minds will ease knowing they have financial security through making more than they need at the moment. And that's especially important with how unstable and unpredictable this line of work is. More money now is more safety later down the line if the money well starts drying up.
As aforementioned, Fishman is batshit insane, i.e. not a great businessman, more than likely going to prioritize keeping his employees from killing themselves than maximizing profits (it's worked well enough thus far), and more concerned with playing league of legends than either. In the first place, it'd be one thing if it's an intercompany raid, but intracompany raids are necessarily less profitable by some indistinguishable fraction, and not doing them can't really cause a real loss, only an opportunity one.
It may come down to it just not being profitable enough for the issue to be pushed. And if he wanted to push it, he's gotta push against both talents, because Pippa's gonna defer to Rie's wants, and if they still refuse... I mean, what could he reasonably do besides let it go?

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Crossposting the saga of HITLERHATESYamanbaS from the Pippaposting thread:
>HITLERHATESYamanbaS donates $2.99
1685692390019.png

>It obviously gets immediately nuked into oblivion
>PIPPA STILL READS IT, MINUTES LATER

>Justifies acknowledging HITLERHATESYamanbaS because he gave her $3.
1685692499804.png

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
As aforementioned, Fishman is batshit insane, i.e. not a great businessman, more than likely going to prioritize keeping his employees from killing themselves than maximizing profits (it's worked well enough thus far), and more concerned with playing league of legends than either. In the first place, it'd be one thing if it's an intercompany raid, but intracompany raids are necessarily less profitable by some indistinguishable fraction, and not doing them can't really cause a real loss, only an opportunity one.
It may come down to it just not being profitable enough for the issue to be pushed. And if he wanted to push it, he's gotta push against both talents, because Pippa's gonna defer to Rie's wants, and if they still refuse... I mean, what could he reasonably do besides let it go?
Keeping his talents from killing themselves is Muumi's job not Sakanas. And what do you even mean by saying Sakana is insane? You say inter company raids are less profitable but your logic is failing to consider powerhouse talents raiding into their weakest talents. This sort of boost is what rose Shiina from 20K subs to 50K in a relatively short amount of time. It's a boost that causes a blip on the youtube algorithm so while Pippa fan's might not care about her, the outsiders that notice her from this algo boost may. When you're a small streamer raiding big streamers is how you get your name out there but that stops being a big deal when you are already big with a few minor exceptions (such as Pippa raiding Henya or Kson and them putting in a good word for her), being in a company with much smaller streamers, raiding into them to try and create more powerhouses in the event Pippa gets hit by a car or something is in the Fish's best interest business wise. The other talents worst case scenario are his backup if he loses Pippa so he wants them to grow.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Not Yugo "showing up" at a Con in the Philippines

I am Jack's...

-WATOTO- YubiぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽYubi, Bau Bau
More Towa, Okayu and Subaru shenanigans. They've had so many golden moments.

Youtube decided to recommend an almost year old Gooba clip, I love her gradual decent into bucket madness. After watching it I now feel the need to somehow find enough time so I can re-watch her The Stanley Parable streams.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
The only alien snail for me:

11-3.jpg
She has some of the BEST rigging and model assets. Here is a demonstration

This mushroom girl has a similar art style/vibe if you like Chimugi's.

Miko mainly talks about Haachama but there are two other blondes with large chests in Gen 1 too...
Miko likes them young I guess
Some people wear the mask long enough that they can do it permanently, like Luna.
Luna's IRL photos say otherwise; no one should have that much Minions merchandise.
Management told her to quit her job when she asked for feedback in her streaming career, so she must be doing decently enough but she can't cause she's legally bind to that job or worse. People here floated the idea that she was under some sort of apprenticeship contract and she might be stuck there for a couple of years but that doesn't add up because from what she tells it seems like she has been there for more than 5 years maybe even 10. Whatever they have her on is probably highly illegal but also maybe some of her family are illegals or are tangled in it in some way too so she can't rock the boat.
Rate me gay but Airi activates my protecc instincts and it really bums me out she's in what seems to be such a shit spot :vesperhnngggg:
She is waiting for you to dox her and expose the company for her. Are you passing up the chance to destroy some Californian company?
Is it worth joining Panko's membership?
Joining a membership for membership content is a fool's errand - join to support the talent.
I feel Risu and Suisei sung Shallys better than Aki but it still stands as the best song in Hololive by far for me. Rose of the Lamp and her new one are pretty good too and different enough from typical j-pop idol music, but Shallys' only peer is Alice&U. The first time I heard the song in Holofes 3 it blew my mind as I was not expecting that good in the sea of jpop (Same applied for Risu there) and that's what peaked my interest in Aki.
If you like Shally you should like Flare's elf song. It's more ethereal then middle earth/ middle east then Aki but feels and looks like it's from Flare's world. Just waiting for a soft snow elf song from Lamy, I want Girls Last Tour sad type theme.
Also, maybe another song from Aki in the elf language she created...
Unironically actually cute Pippa :hololove:
Edit: Wrong thread but I'll add context
Little Pippa would pick up large leaves and bring them to her parents and show them "Look its a TREE STAR!" Like in the land before time.

Emotional damage
:beataniugh:

Just found back 2 of my favorites duet that i havnt watched in almost a year so i thought i would share them

Azki and Watame

Lamy and Okayu

The way Watame pronounces, "Friday night" is just too perfect. Good sheep.
>Marine is not confident in her singing
Bitch, please. You don't have an original song that isn't a hit! Your latest went on to be a mainstream hit outside the vtuber sphere!

Women, I swear...

She also wants to bully Matsuri.

Matsuri retaliates by offering a RFA collab.

That round goes to Matsuri.

Also says Lui is peak waifu.

:holohag::hololove:
Matsuri the "glass cannon" vs. the women who plays sexual Russian roulette with a handgun, hits everytime.
Sleepy has mentioned being a regular Ami watcher.

If you've ever gotten a robocall in Chinese, that's probably what he's talking about, except he understands what they're saying.
They will call you in Chinese? For free?
I mean it seems like it isn't only Rie who don't want pippa raids, it might be pippa's autism but she seems to actively avoid sending raids to anyone in the company and I have the feeling most told her not to for similar reasons, which I find retarded honestly, having nasa asking for raids really seemed to cheer her up a bit though. I know pippa's fanbase can be a handful but I can bet good money they would stick up for any of the girls at a moment's notice and they just treat them like lepers, not cool.
Capipi's seem to chill around JP streamers other then Iori but she is bi-lingual and Pippa was egging chat on so, "deer pussy". Or was it bloody deer pussy... hmm...
Not Yugo "showing up" at a Con in the Philippines

Oh, on the computer. Right?

Yes, they are having sex

A
Just an artist/vtuber that some people I follow also follow.
I wonder what the logic is for not allowing talents to fund their own costume. They might get overlooked when Cover is looking to see who gets a new one, other talents might feel left out for not having the budget as other members? I guess it makes sense to try and reduce the potential of drama or jealousy to a minimum.

So what happened again to IRyS's manager being unavailable again? Maybe it's the clippers but she seems to whine a lot.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Emotional damage
Ducky actress? Yeah I was surprised when Pippa brought that up in the museum stream because I was thinking about it too :pippasadl:

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Resurfacing from the deep Thread mines to post this Flare Midsommar fan art

Artist isうずら土瓶 (@uzuradobin), they also made Dark Souls Flare art

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Ducky actress? Yeah I was surprised when Pippa brought that up in the museum stream because I was thinking about it too :pippasadl:
That and the idea of a kid Pippa being like Littlefoot with her parents, but Littlefoot's parents are dead. Pippa's blissful ignorance of this as a kid is sweet. What's next, her being Thumper while PvPing Iori?

Aki letter translated.

Video translation

Haachama will NOT graduate! She will NOT! I believe she will be in Hololive for 20 years. I believe.
chaamaaaxen.jpg
Forever

Last edited:

Dawifet

I love my dumb dorky nephilim
Namirin's Husband
Fauna on this weeks Hologra, featuring cats!
1685698680267.png

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

@46gumi per a wiki Vtuber wiki search, that's their entire roster gone, right?

No Name

With so many different vtubers around now who do you guys actually watch regularly? I used to watch 5+ as much as I could. Though with work and hobbies that require me to go outside I really only watch Amiya and the occasional Panko stream now.

So I'm curious, has this been the same for you guys? Have you had to drop a bunch of streamers? Maybe you only watch clips now?
My oshi only speaks nipponese, and I can't read moon, so I'm forced into clip-viewing.

I occasionally watch Fauna vods because as a filthy eurofag I can't watch her live.

In recent months I've barely had time for any though, I've been on the clock almost 24/7, I didn't even get to watch Aki's live :yagoocry:.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
So who hired them?
Place your bets now.
Fishman got 'em because they're fellow Canadians.

Then Yagoo dunked on Fishman with his IPO money and took them from him.

Then Aviel came and told Yagoo to hand them over unless he wants the IDF to nuke Japan again.

Flawless Idol win.
"This splinter site of the Kiwi Farms is clearly a threat to national security."
The more people get exposed to vtubing culture, the more slanted their eyes become.

Eventually there'll be a tipping point where everyone starts speaking in Nihongo, eating cup noodles and looking Asian.

The monitoring is to ensure that America will never be conquered by Nippon's insidious infiltration tactics.

Japan already came close to success once before, but the government intervened just in time by funding Crunchyroll and inserting Californian culture into anime, causing widespread dejapanification across the United States.

Japan must never again come this close to success.
If your favourite dinosaur isn't a sauropod, please self delete IRL. Thank you.
She actually got a response from Nina, dafuq

[a]

I don't watch Pippa, but I do acknowledge her patrician taste in vtubers.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
>Marine is not confident in her singing
Bitch, please. You don't have an original song that isn't a hit! Your latest went on to be a mainstream hit outside the vtuber sphere!

Women, I swear...
To be fair she's comparing herself to AZKi. When AZKi was still at Inonaka, she didn't interact much with other holo members so when she was at the 2020 holofes singing Aoi Yume and Marine post fes saying her performance was amazing. Even during the watch along Kiara thought AZKi was really crying when she sang.

Neoporte's Yozuna Niu four hours in a six (?) hours of RFA exercise.

Reminder for Yakumo Beni's 3D live at 7.55PM JST

Followed by Kisaragi Ren immediately after the stream ending.

And ending with Tosaki Mimi.

Clips should appear 24 hours later unless someone sings in her stream.

UncreativeVtuberEnjoyer

Haachama will NOT graduate! She will NOT! I believe she will be in Hololive for 20 years. I believe
At this point I 'm less worried that she is gonna graduate and more worried that she is alive

UberSoldat

Meloco just tweeted that she's going to be in the hospital till the sixth.
What kind of fan name is Meloves? Oi Meloves!!!!!!!

She is actively contributing to the problem by providing lonely men with enough exposure to women that they are happy just enough not to actively seek out a girlfriend. A single vtuber can easily satisfy desire to have a gf/bf for at least a couple thousand of people, some of whom may decide that instead of being lonely on the internet they can also try streaming. Thus creating a cursed abyss otherwise known as rabbit hole where desire for partner is exponentially fulfilled by a select few individuals, with the rate of expansion of people being fulfilled massively outpacing the rate of people providing the fulfillment. You don't even need to explicitly do gfe or have a hot model. As a matter of fact, the standards have went so far that a ragdoll knitting on stream is fine
Wait a minute, I just realized America is starting to suffer from the same problem as Japan, not enough sex, and one of the reasons is because of simp culture....................

Dawifet

I love my dumb dorky nephilim
Namirin's Husband

Please be just a regular cold and not the coof thats infection all the holos...

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
I am once again asking all of the gamers in the asylum to wake up, because Jelly is streaming Baba Is You in less than half an hour from now, certified brain drain live in action:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom