"When I hold the mic, my pinky finger stands up, is this a problem outside of Japan?"Pako

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
>the story (in FFXIV) is kinda weak
>plays the game muted
>probably skips half the cutscenes
>barely started Heavensward

View attachment 1743

It's clearly because Pippa hasn't gotten to Thancred's hot, hobo dad arc.
Oh no, is she Quin? (Retarded Twitch streamer (redundant) who famously bought story skips and level boosts, got carried through content, blamed other people when he died from failing mechanics, and quit after a day levying a bunch of retarded criticisms about a game he had 0 understanding of. Most famous for standing inside of a telegraphed instant death attack, dying, and yelling at his healers for not healing him.)

I mean, even just playing the primal fights with music muted is an idiot-tier move!

Lesbian Solid Snake

Pettan Hag Supremacy
I'm relatively new to this community, having only lurked actively for several months, so my aversion to sexualization of children or child-like characters is not a result of being groomed into that by Josh. Maybe its because I'm not really an anime person, but does vshojo even have a sexualized loli that talks in a baby voice and plays up her stupidity while making blowjob sounds on asmr videos? I pretty much just watch hololive clips and pippa streams so maybe I'm just fucking oblivious if that's the case.
Pretty sure that was ironmouse. I also remember I saw a clip or her talking about wearing a diaper or something.
Now that I think about it, how many of Coco's and Rushia's fans followed them long-term? What's their retention rate like?
I'm no numberfag but seeing people like Coco and Rusia go from having 30-40k viewers per stream to 2-3k on a good day tells me not a lot outside of dedicated simps. I feel bad for them honestly but at the same time its probably easier to wrangle a smaller fanbase.

Spergatory

Early Adopter

So Pippa just released a very short video about the Dream face reveal. She does have a point. He's just a plain looking white dude and people wouldn't make fun of him if he was a woman (especially a troon). I just think the whole thing is fucking retarded.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Have you cried yet today? No. Well let me fix that for you.

FeP-LQ0WAAMckKP.jpg

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

So Pippa just released a very short video about the Dream face reveal. She does have a point. He's just a plain looking white dude and people wouldn't make fun of him if he was a woman (especially a troon). I just think the whole thing is fucking retarded.

The whole thing is retarded, and I'll give Dream this, if the old pictures where he's younger, then good for him for losing all that weight. Still think he's a bit of a spineless tard, but whatever.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
This produces some truly nightmare results if you're too small-brained to insert extremely granular tags to refine the output or laugh hard enough at what you get to not care to fix it.

EDIT:
I don't get this thing. I keep getting an error. I wanted to see what I could get by mashing a bunch of photos together of different white haired, red eyes loli. Maybe im just retarded.

The whole thing is retarded, and I'll give Dream this, if the old pictures where he's younger, then good for him for losing all that weight. Still think he's a bit of a spineless tard, but whatever.
As retarded as it may seem, motherfucker got a bunch of people to watch his stream. I didn't know who Dream was until about a few months ago (nor did I care) but I feel like he knows what he is doing as he basically got everyone on the internet (even people that dont know him) to look at his stupid face.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I don't get this thing. I keep getting an error. I wanted to see what I could get by mashing a bunch of photos together of different white haired, red eyes loli. Maybe im just retarded.

There seems to be a lot of weight on the keywords used for the prompt and how strictly you set it to observe keywords. A lot of the posts on the top of the site that are really cool looking use a lot of specific language that look to tie to very specific kinds of visual outputs or styles in order to force certain results in that direction.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Grimmi supposedly gonna stream a rpg maker game

Shiina streaming witcher 3

Airi streaming lobotomy corp

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
For those that enjoyed the Tenma/Lumi collab with the bullying version of Minecraft, Remilia has the same format for her Minecraft stream:

Netscaper

Early Adopter
Hope woman Whaled for Unicorn RGB and became YEETRys with Turn A Gundam:

Also Bamco being an exemplary JP company and blocking the english steam version from being accesible in Japan.

Last edited:

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Anything happen with the Magni/Giri stream? I don't see it online.
I've been looking, don't see it either. I think it streamed on her twitch channel but there is no vod. I'm not too familiar with Twitch but I guess the vod doesn't automatically appear after a stream like Youtube..

The Peanut Gallery

Early Adopter
I've been looking, don't see it either. I think it streamed on her twitch channel but there is no vod. I'm not too familiar with Twitch but I guess the vod doesn't automatically appear after a stream like Youtube..

I think it's based on the streamer settings? There's some where vods are up automatically and some where vods are unlisted automatically till the streamer lists them.

vestars20

Early Adopter
Millie trying to speedrun graduation RTA

I think you're giving Shiina too much credit. She's mentioned multiple times that she wants a "comfy" chat experience, even saying to be more normie and hold back on the more back-alley language. She seems to be the most in-line with Fishman out of all of them.
Ranking PC members on how much their content violates guidelines that talents state have not been implemented is cringe. Give Shiina credit that she wants to create a specific community and don't take credit away because she isn't Pippa. I go to PCG if I want want PC doomposting and you should too.

Grimmi supposedly gonna stream a rpg maker game

Shiina streaming witcher 3

Airi streaming lobotomy corp

Speaking of PC - I hate Twitch, thanks for the info.

Something wholesome - all the messages for the Sana tower, taken from that other place
sanafinal.jpg
Gotta say, Sana is pretty spot on. It's hard to write just a few sentences to sum up someone, Sana had a talent of seeing people for who they are or want to be. These comments aren't the ones where you cry reading them. Instead, they hit you when you are alone and maybe trying to sleep. Such a loss.

I'm a bit late on the topic but you really have a good point to which I have not seen a plausible explanation.
  • Shiina's model is practically an almost nude loli, and from what i gather jokes about it herself with the crab outfit stuff. I kind of like her personality but the lewd stuff on top of the model ruins it for me.
KF shitposting aside it is not. Here is the VA
Shiiiiinaflower.jpg
Other then the fact that Shiina's model has long ass legs and an Anime head - pretty on point.
Besides the benefit of being Anime people, another big attraction of vtubing is you get to stream as a projection of what you want the audience to see, like Iron Mouse. Shiina's model having long legs and exposing lots of skin seems pretty opposite of her personality. Last, personality matters, Shiina refers to herself as some southern grandma - Meemaw. The fun part comes in the evolution of the character through streaming and building a community.
Have a Sorasaurus
6vmxyevbt6o91.jpg

I guess the closest would be Amemiya Nezuna aka MikeNeko aka Uruha Rushia. I really haven't paid much attention to her character since her debut in Vshojo. But she delved strongly into the GFE type of streams in the past. Even crossing parasocial boundaries. I don't believe she ever made blowjob or lollipop sucking asmr content though. But given her model both in Hololive and now Vshojo, it can be a bit eyebrow raising if you're not familiar with anime culture. Both of her models were small, flat chested, with a young sounding voice.
No chance, Rushia/Mike/Nezuna is just flat and in no way loli. Her GFE is less Noel and more Terumi, like selling engagement rings and talking about marrying her fans. It's totally different.

View attachment 1667
source

Ami sure is courting some mythical horsies there… I get that she and the dreamweavers treat it kind of like a joke but it takes one Henry to spoil it all. I hope she'll be fine.
Ami GFE is like trying to ERP with your friend - awkward.
-snort-

Is streaming actually that stressful or intensive? Not just talking about Botan here, seems like just about every JP vtuber has come back from the doctor's office with something like 'doctor said that streaming is causing me crippling life problems'. Usually it is related to the voice, which is more understandable for singers and people who talk non-stop for several hours a day, but... still...

I would bet the JP members "work" for 80 hours a week or so. Work includes the usual streaming and VA/concert/song rehearsal/performances plus paperwork/meetings/literal labor like signing 100's of cards and training and then they may: ego-surf for things to talk about or network, show off artwork via retweet, check multiple platforms for fan engagement, reply to collab invites/emails/opportunities,
Someone mentioned this on Reddit, but I'd much rather they stream more than being wrapped up in projects all the time. I am just glad IRyS has been able to stream more again and not always have to record songs.
Depends on the streamer. IRyS may like streaming but same with AZKi, she is a performer/singer. Hoping for more concerts.
Lisa had to end her music review early due to feeling bad. She was talking at the end and seemed to be pretty upset, to the point of crying. Seems like she's been stressed plus dealing with some people she thought was close to her being rude behind her back. It was hard to listen to, never one to get choked up but I really get where she was coming from. Lisa just seems like a really sweet girl so I hope she feels better.
Lisa is an amazing type of person but it must be hard to be that open/vulnerable. Plus, she isn't old and jaded so hearts to her.

I am not huge into Kawaii but I for sure respect what they've able to do as a small corpo much like PRISM, Phase, Tsunderia and others. I am subbed to Namiji Freesia from Kawaii but this newer talent is quite interesting. Apparently it is just something about Indonesian women that is my kryptonite.

Sounds like Coco

I wish that Kiara got to put her dance moves to use more often. She's certainly one of the best dancers in Holo and I'd like to see more of that content from her.

I cannot believe that Hololive is just Nijisanji-lite which is just Vshojo-lite. Truly only Talent Freedom™ will save us from Cover's draconian grip.
Hololive without the first few gens would be so bland. Fly your flag Festival.

I'd join Nijisanji, no question. They have far looser restrictions in general and are far, far more lenient with their talents as far as I can tell. Nijisanji comes across as a frat house. Or maybe a restaurant where every one of the staff knows each other and you hear weird noises and goofing off in the kitchen. But the food is low-priced and filling, and even though you know it's not very healthy, you don't give a damn because of the atmosphere and vibe.

Hololive feels way more like vtuber Hell's Kitchen, though all the drama takes place in the back room. Individual talents are absolutely, without question, far more iconic and recognizable than Niji dudes. But they're professionals first and the foremost. They wear neckties and formal suits to work, and you just know that if you leave a comment card with anything less than glowing praise, somebody in the back is going to get yelled at. I envy everyone who has the drive, energy and persistence to make it in Hololive, and it brings of the best and most recognizable voices to the center stage, but holy shit would I not want to work with them.

Oh and vshitshow exists I guess. It's the virtual equivalent of WeWork at this point. Nobody gives a fuck about the company, everyone just enjoys the shitty overpriced office space and amenities funded by retarded investors, and you just known the talent could jump ship tomorrow without even a backwards glance.
Considering there is very little info on the actual working conditions (can't even figure out if Holo or Niji is blocking EN collabs) using such a broad brush is silly.
If I am a nobody I am joining Hololive
If I have a decent PL and a Japanese focus I would join Niji
If I am a successful indie I would join Vsho

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Was there an estimated date for the start of the Tempus podcast?
Altare mentioned in a Minecraft stream that he didn't record the first episode last weekend due to some personal medical emergency (he didn't say who was involved), he didn't give any promises, but it seems to be likely whenever he can get the first recording going smoothly.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter

I think someone in the farms o maybe earlier mentioned Giri face showing on am oíl reflection at some point so that might be why.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
>the story (in FFXIV) is kinda weak
>plays the game muted
>probably skips half the cutscenes
>barely started Heavensward

View attachment 1743

It's clearly because Pippa hasn't gotten to Thancred's hot, hobo dad arc.
According to the last time she brought up FF14, she hasn't been skipping cutscenes. Even commented that she doesn't get what the appeal of Haurchefant is based on her interactions with him so far. She has been playing on mute, however, which people already gave her shit for last time.

The Peanut Gallery

Early Adopter
Grimmi: most of my friends are on the east coast.
So sounds like she's somewhere in cst-pst

Edit: Grimmi timed someone out of chat for a pun. Saw this reply. Good thing this isn't a Phase Connect stream :smugpipi:
Screenshot_20221005-012125_TwitchMod.jpg

Last edited:

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter

Tsunderia's spider plays classic MacVenture title Uninvited. I played this a long time ago on the NES, so this was surreal to see in my recommended feed. Shame she didn't play the NES version, though, it has a fantastic soundtrack. All the NES MacVenture titles do!

The Peanut Gallery

Early Adopter
And 2.5 hours later and a bizarre southern divorced mom soliloquy later, we're into the game.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
I never played WOW but the video Pippa watched of the clan raid made me stroke out because it reminded me of a friend who used to no-life it and talk about PVP raids and such. I though it might have been his guild but then I read the music wasn't from the original upload, so.. I guess it could still be, but the Misfits was what made me think of him.
🧩 :smugpipi:🧩
I think you're giving Shiina too much credit. She's mentioned multiple times that she wants a "comfy" chat experience, even saying to be more normie and hold back on the more back-alley language. She seems to be the most in-line with Fishman out of all of them.
I agree with this. I think a part of it is that she got some taste of /VT fame in her PL and doesn't want to repeat that atmosphere. It could even be partially to reduce PL recognition that might come with that crowd.
Other then the fact that Shiina's model has long ass legs and an Anime head - pretty on point.
Besides the benefit of being Anime people, another big attraction of vtubing is you get to stream as a projection of what you want the audience to see, like Iron Mouse. Shiina's model having long legs and exposing lots of skin seems pretty opposite of her personality. Last, personality matters, Shiina refers to herself as some southern grandma - Meemaw. The fun part comes in the evolution of the character through streaming and building a community.
I'm not anti petite character or anything, but I do think Shiina would come across even better with a bit bigger of a model. Not a huge titty monster, but just more like in her IRL photo, just more of a petite woman then a Loli. One one hand Shiina has said she really likes Loli characters (in a wholesome way, not like RIE and shotas) but she's also said she wanted a more modest model but Sakana wanted it as it is. I guess, to me even the fact this keeps coming up means it might have some negative impact on her since other then the Loli model, Shiina seems to be the most warm and welcoming of PC.

Dudes handsome right? Or am I an old man who just doesn't know? I'm not sure I believe that it's girls talking shit about his looks and not bundles, but I wouldn't know. Whatever they think, that's a huge jump up from the morbidly obese kid image that was going around before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom