"~TMD TMD Towa-Sama Maji Daitenshi~"Tokoyami Towa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Bae and Irys go to Grandpire for marriage counseling, the collab writes itself.
That's probably the only hope; having Bae as a bridge solves most of the 'discomfort' and 'not wanting to reach out' issues. But like Ednine said, as long as it's her choice and not something she's avoiding out of fear of fans reactions, then it's fine. Obviously I hope she does open up to the idea eventually, though.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Even though an IRyS/Vesper collab with the right focus/subject matter could be incredibl
Have a pity on the granpire. First Bae blew his brains out, then Kronii, and now you want finish him off completely?

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Ame really is the Chosen One. It's like she was born to be a vtuber and her one weakness is singing but every time she gets a little bit better.

I had fun watching Tenmas stream as well. In a lot of ways I consider Tenma the Ame of Phase Connect - she has the ability to be entertaining solo or in collabs, she's a hard worker and has a lot of creative drive that pushes her to try new ideas, and she's very professional about it all.

Ame+Tenma are great

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
can't believe Vesper is out here attempting to fix the girls in front of their audience (and then failing). the sheer AUDACITY of the man

keep goin I say, that shit had me dying

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
can't believe Vesper is out here attempting to fix the girls in front of their audience (and then failing). the sheer AUDACITY of the man

keep goin I say, that shit had me dying
Man went on a multi-year, thousand mile, bike hoboquest to fix himself, and being surrounded by women for two weeks is already unfixing him.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
Ame's evil announcement by @ZedGawr.jpg

The piece de resistance commemorating Ame's twisted evil

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter

Oh look, the JP Nijisanji vtuber who made numberfags on /vt/ malding, Salome uploaded her first cover.

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter

Feels good seeing your oshis having fun and touch grass

paul

Early Adopter

Killing almost everything he comes across, flirting with the rest, making Vesper seethe in chat, and then he deskslams after accidentally closing the game. Overplayed as this game is, Magni's off to a great start.

Magni is really a furry, isn't he.

Kronii's art tag right now is great

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter
I only ever really saw Kronii briefly in other collabs and her voice had put me off wanting to watch anything more. But this thing with Vesper.. I think I like her now. To be honest, I feel like if Vesper's in it, I can watch any stream. Who knows who I might end up liking next!

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Magni is really a furry, isn't he.

Yes, this was pretty much confirmed back during the Calli/Magni stream where Calli asked if he did NSFW furry commissions and he tried to avoid suspicion by staring silently into the void because he had to think of an excuse. Then he talked around the question like someone trying to talk to the cops. He is also a fan of the comic "TwoKinds" which is a furry webcomic from the early 2000s.

Magni is 100% a furry.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
why does it always feel like Niji merchandise runs always seem to bring about drama.

Apart from the minor cases of people being annoyed that they feel like Niji is milking Luxiem with low quality merch over and over just as a cash grab while neglecting or ignoring the other EN waves which can be seen in the replies.

The QRT's especially seem full of people calling this particular theme racist as they chose Taishi Roman style clothing which originates from the period of time where Japan was colonizing Korea and elsewhere in SEA.

It all seems somewhat overblown but at the same time I feel like there's a theme forming of there being some drama or anger from Niji merch promos.

Taisho roman themed stuff always seems to bring controversy because of the historical connotation about that particular era (it happened to several franchises Every Single Time), makes people get into Twitter debate, and then disappear before the Next Taisho Roman Stuff appears.
I can't speak for people who are actually impacted by war crimes (prob not the place to talk about it too anyway!) but this type of thing always makes me wish more people took critical thinking lesson and try to differentiate what considers offensive and such, taking fashion/looks inspired from taisho era isn't as offensive as say... Someone making straight-up propaganda because they're stuck up with the past or something similar

(I need to learn to type my thoughts shorter... Sorry for the autism guys)

Airless

Active lurker
Holy shit, does Ame always sing for this long? She's been going for three fucking hours.

(Not that I'm complaining, but holy shit)
The timeline for an Ame karaoke is usually "one more song" at around the 2 hr mark before she sings for ??? more hours

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
From what I understand she was a bit of a normie but she quit once her grandmother/father got sick. She picked up Vtubing during that time. Pretty sure she worked for Tesla at some point. I think all of the Pipkin basically worsened during the time she was unemployed. Shiina's Pipkin is more self doubt and depression vs Pippa's brand of introvert and just overall shit living situation + poor hygene.

Just to add to this:

* Yesterday we got her talking about the granma situation for the first time as shiina (because the whole ordeal happened when she was an indie) although she didn't give too much details as before. They literraly asked "When is your grandma going to die? Because we need you back at work." She quit immediately.

Her parents and grandparents moved from overseas (undefined, but most likely chinese origin) to canada, granma and grampa basically raised her together with her mother. She eventually moved to SoCal with her younger sister. Grandma got VERY sick and she temporally moved back to canada to help with her care, and stayed a while after that to help her grandpa grieve. Sometime later, grampa's health declined, which postponed her return to the states. He ultimately passed away too.
This was better documented and explained at the farms. If they ever return, I'll try to retrieve the megapost reiningen and I did.

* She told chat she was homeless for a time during her school years, living in her mother's car.

* Was overworked and underpayed as a leader for a team of 30ish people @ (supposedly) tesla. On top of that, her team was some sort of "last chance" for underperforming employees, so she had to bend over backwards to try and manage people to be productive and help them keep their job. She also talked about how she tried to escalate the corporate ladder (going so far as going to social meetings and try to extract info from drunk bosses).

* She got caught watching vtubers at work once, got reprimanded by it, but her superior excused her with the higher ups with "she's our top performer y'know?".

Off topic, but this popped up while searching for some of this post's details. Still living rent free in pcg´s head despite everything.
2022-09-22 08_23_19-_vt_ - _pcg_ - Phase Connect General - Virtual YouTubers - 4chan - Brave.png

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Some replies, spoilering the earliest because late.
Oh good fucking grief man. Vindictive tumblr fujos are so shit. If only there were a way to lock the fujos and the unicorns onto the same internet space and just let them kill each other in containment.
I remember a comment during the Rushia-Mafumafu drama about having the Rushia gachikois and Mafumafu fujos date each other and solve the birth rate problem.
For clarity, poker is a game of skill just as much as a game of chance, and the big skill is social engineering. Even down to a single hand which you'd think is a full game of chance, you can get other players to fold when you have nothing.

Sports betting is also not entirely a game of chance, and is also less able to be wholly cheated. Either the Cowboys beat the Giants on Monday or they don't.

Most of the ban is meant to come down on services that would be the games that boil down to a computer-RNG scheme that no one has verified for randomness or fairness getting to decide whether you win or lose. This would be your slots, your lotto, your roulette, etc.

Twitch had a similar scandal years and years ago where sites that did slots but used CS:GO gun and knife skins as the "currency" were sponsoring a bunch of streamers, and during the ad-read some streamers would "demonstrate" the lottery system, but didn't disclose that during the demonstration their "odds" of winning were futzed with and "guaranteed" them a big win, trying to bait gullible viewers to get to gamble away their skins.

I was wondering why Blackjack wouldn't get the same exemption as poker, but realized that only Blackjack at a physical table with a physical deck of cards actually has any skill association, no one on Twitch doing blackjack is playing at a physical table, they're at the same unverified RNG services.
If we are talking gambling, is it too optimistic to think gacha and lootboxes should be banned as well?
Sukoya is objectively the best girl, and this isn't even remotely debatable. It's definitely frustrating to see how much the amount of clips she gets had dropped since she returned from her med school hiatus, at least partially due to a lot of clippers/translators focusing on EN. Honestly also can't help but feel like some people lost interest after her and Tomoe decided to stop doing Crossick content which, if so, would be even more frustrating.
That's unfortunately a lot of cases with shipper clippers. I don't know much about Tomoe and Sukoya since the algorithm isn't pushing them to me but I remember watching Sukoya's unpacking stream and she's acting as a menhera girlfriend which is hilarious.
Bathing is a poor translation of hygiene considering Japan's strict culture around it. Mea is weird regardless of her bathing etiquette - like a Pippa in the wild as she is still friends with Aqua, Tamaki, etc. I like her clips cause she reminds be of an inverted Pippa: Japanese, outgoing, oppositely unkept - leaving menstrual pads in inappropriate places vs. never washing your sheets and sleeping with chickens. Listened to the entire stream and it was fun, Nose and Mea combined can't touch the mold Rabbit. Yet, ask Pippa about storing whatever Mea stored in the fridge incase she had to sell them to live off of -pretty sure mensuration or used menstrual products- and she would call it rightfully gross. Aside from Nose/Mea, Tamaki is just so fucking good at her interviews, her segues to keep on track and playfulness almost makes me want to learn Japanese. Save some talent for the rest of us won't ya.

I binged a few clips and he recommend other clippers, this person translated an hour long stream where Nazuna (who Nose/Mea reference in the above clip) gives the history of VSpo, an esport girls vtuber agency. I found it pretty informative, VSpo seems more similar to Vshojo in being "talent lead" but obviously they are focused on FPS and more influenced by the Japanese vtuber meta. Compared to Hololive/Niji these talents are more candid like Mea and I am happy to watch clips of them being sweaty gamers/weird internet people.

Talent lead is quite a good way to describe VSpo I would say, and now with them under Brave Group it seems their streaming content have expanded to not just FPS of the season. From the Rise/Sunbreak streams (Nose is very entertaining, Hinaano's shotacon tendencies toward Iori, some members actually using keyboard-mouse controls), Ema's Dragon Quest XI adventures, some loud Mario Kart and Mario Party collabs as well as the Mahjong Soul tournament recently.
Thread survey time. What are your favorite chuuba original songs from any corpo or indie?
Surprised seeing no Inochi yet since it's a very Vtuber centric song and every time AZKi sang it live it's very emotional.

Niji wise I can't say since I mostly listen to covers (listen to Inui Toko's covers).

Outside the two big corpo, the Kamitsubaki girls are great but Isekaijoucho's Heart of Sirius is a standout.

For indies it's hard considering there are a lot of gems during AZKi's 48/72 hours Don't Stop The Music marathon streams and last month there's one 24h stream done by 774's Kanade Kanon as well. Also since MaiR (Suisei) is part of Alive Musix, HACHI (Hachigatsu no Hotaru) is Live Union, and Else (Hoshiyomi no Uta, the song she sang with AZKi) is Project Blue so are they considered small corpo/music label/or indie? Considering that Ririsya's Alstroemeria would be one.

This one indie though got one of the strongest reactions during AZKi's 48 hour stream when it played.

Going to shill HACHI's second One Man Live Midnight Blue tomorrow with this premiere of her first one (The Beginning) in less than an hour (won't be archived)

If you think it's worth watching the second live, it's 6000 yen on Zan or you can watch the opening part (maybe 2-3 songs) free on Youtube tomorrow. I paid for the first live and it's worth it.

Username Required

It's still real to me!
Early Adopter
A cheeky little Axel BOTW stream. Stream might be a little funky, YT kinda shat itself for a second.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
A cheeky little Axel BOTW stream. Stream might be a little funky, YT kinda shat itself for a second.

I love how chat was beginning to mald over the blue flame mission and Axel does it in like 5 minutes because he figured out how to use a wooden arrow to shoot the flame. Sometimes the dingo is smarter then his chat, sometimes.

Edit: Axel got a JP bro asking him what he means when he calls the Koroks "Hee hee ha ha ha" and he actually responded in Japanese to explain what he means. I have to wonder how JP bros feel about having a Holostar EN member they can talk to comfortably and even has the bonus of streaming during a friendly time for them?

Edit 2: Axel found an infinite sprint glitch by accident by button mashing lol

Last edited:

Mumberthrax

War Cleric of TVA
Early Adopter
Catching up on the thread and reading you guys' reactions to Pippa/Kirsche and Kronii/Vesper has made me feel concerned that I'm becoming parasocial with you weirdos. Send help. ❤️

we need an Ollie original if it doesn't already exist

Thread survey time. What are your favorite chuuba original songs from any corpo or indie?
id:entity voices. For me, it's on par with Shiny Smiley Story. I can't even listen to it too often because I don't want to dull the emotional response I have when listening to it.

Pippa The Ripper. Its weird because I was not impressed with it initially, but it has grown on me tremendously. Pippa's self-esteem is often pretty low, but unironically with some more vocal lessons I really think she could be a mega idol, even a part-time one if she wanted in between streaming about shooting up walmarts in minecraft.

I can pretty much always listen to Doggy God Street and it gets me in a good mood. I also really love both Suspect and Roboco's Little Bit.
Shion's Mage of Violet has a really cool dubstep-y drop that I really like:

When I saw Kiara performing Hinotori live on stage at Holofes, I was blown away. I had never given her music a chance, and I realized she is a true idol (if you have to ahoy to see it, i encourage you to do so). It reminds me a little of the Power Rangers theme. Always has me energized. I'm realizing now that I view music in a way as like medicine - take this for this effect, that for a different effect etc.

Sparks also is really inspirational.

I haven't listened to a lot of Irys' music, but when I heard Here Comes Hope on the Small Ame game, I was hooked. It's such a dominating grunge-y beat, when I listen to it I picture this clueless hope woman descending, trying to figure out where her target is so she can incinerate it in a mixture of holy light and hellfire, like an anime girl version of Gort from The Day the Earth Stood Still. If I ever get around to making the vtuber themed moba game I want to make, there's going to be a panic button only usable in extremely rare and desperate circumstances labeled "HOPE" and this music will play while she deus ex machina's shit up:

Reflect and Red are both intense emotional songs. Similar to Kiara, I had never given Calli's music a chance until I saw her perform Red at Holofes. It literally changed my mind about pink wigger woman. That and her love of Earthbound and this silly mashup made me a fan:

Risu's Cover of Shallys is my favorite rendition. Squirrel is an extremely underrated singer:

Edit: forgot to mention High Tide. If you watch Holofes, make sure to see Moona's performance - THOSE HIPS!

Whatever Whatever Whatever covered by Kiara and Ina is inspiring. I have been there and reading the lyrics and listening motivates me to never be like that again.

Schema covered by Anya. Especially the parts where she's straining her voice, something about it hits hard.

Beat Eater covered by Calli, Reine, and Suisei. I want more of these three. I love them. Suisei's voice is killer.

And the greatest cover in all Hololive is Ollie's Medllie. It's a love letter in song form and why Ollie is one of my all-time favorite people:

When Tempus debuted, i listened to enough of Regis' debut to be annoyed by his soft voice and closed it. He has since grown on me steadily. This video has turned me into a fan - he's a genuinely good person and my protective instincts that Kobo is able to trigger are satisfied with his behavior here:

Last edited:

AmpleChip

Laughed my arse off at the Kronii Grandpa collab, fuck unicorns for trying to deprive us of this kino.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom