Not open for further replies.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Ame and Bae doing an Apex off collab

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
i dunno if this 1 view has been posted in here yet but heres a funny girl, Yoro Yoyo. Her music is a bop and its a shame she streams exclusivelly on twitch on shit timeslot for me. Or it seems like it, her last stream on youtube was 1 year ago it says.
heres music:

Haven't seen Yoro in a while. Her kayfabe is that she's the supreme leader ("skelskan") of the country of Yoyomania. She did a Twitch stream last year to teach viewers the Yoyomanian language. I don't know enough to tell whether it was a word substitution "language" or a proper conlang. I remember words had inflections for patriotism to one's country of origin. Unfortunately I can't find clips or archives of this stream, so the only sample of Yoyomanian I can find is her hardsubs on this video.

She's currently a member of ShirayuriPro, same as Nyaru. I thought she was an indie at first (might be misremembering), so I don't know how long she's been with them.

Her music is nice.

Kobo Kanaeru's cover of Overdose

dtto. is going to release an original song, Glare. Music and lyrics by BeatSea

Reine also released a cover of Overdose the day before.

In Reine's cover aftertalk she mentioned that the original is popular in Indonesia. She also said that she likes hearing mashups of herself but she hardly ever sings songs in their original pitch so naturally that makes mashups harder.

Mio baking.

Bird off-collab in 45 minutes.

Kiara and Lui didn't know that Reine was in Japan and Reine was only there for a week, so they didn't get all five Holotori this time. Holotori or their subunits really need at least a cover.

Last edited:

thirteenorphans

Oga made a cheesy low budget movie for his birthday and it's actually pretty well done all things considered.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Oh, to go along with IRyS not being able to find Australia, reading a street name with 'Dr' as 'doctor', not being able to find Florida on a map of the USA (she might have been trolling on that one), she also nearly got doxxed by the game. The final USA clue put her in Hawaii with palm trees, ocean, and mountains all in view at once and she had to pretend(?) to not know that it was Hawaii.

I was thinking it would be hilarious if the game doxxed me and I was able to help in chat, "Ah yes, this is the rural/suburban area of __ state in between the cities of __ and __, on the intersection of highways __ and __.", but instead we got IRyS asking chat, "Whaaaat? Why do you guys thinks this is Hawaii? Oh well, I guess you're probably right" which was a funny twist.

And she had a cute frozen face when she left for an idol meeting, presented alongside one of her emotes for comparison:
1673784982804.png
And just a quick timestamp of Ame's poor choice of words in the Apex off-collab (24:56):

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
I still don't understand how or why both companies' models are inferior compared to big indie 3D models though.
Probably something about keeping it work without issue at the expense of lack of interesting tech that indie models can provide. Yeah, it might not be as realistic or fast-changing ala say, CodeMiko's 3D, but niji/holo's 3D is good enough to be used for content ranging from live stream and others.

Something something reliability at the expense of potential interesting designs or tech. Though it's not like both companies aren't trying to make new things, anyway. It's just that they keep it subtle.

EDIT: accidentally wrote "expense" as "expensive"

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

cant believe sena is fucking dying bros....

Pioneer

Rare "game" stream from AZKi in 90 minutes.

PekoWick

Just watched Elira's 3D. In terms of 3D Models, Hololive is more glossy, but honestly, Nijisanji's models have always had better tracking and overall quality.
Ehh. I might sound biased since Im a holo fan but I honestly think hololive 3D is already better than Nijisanji's 3D since gen 5 released their 3D.
I still don't understand how or why both companies' models are inferior compared to big indie 3D models though.
Who? Codemiko? That kind of model won't work lol.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
So Risu's new merch is a giant tongue. Very tasteful. So to speak.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
So Rie did the anime girl scent stream:

For those unaware, it's a review of four different scents that are supposed to be various anime girls. Lia provided Rie with the scents, and did the same stream with the same scents two weeks ago:
)

It makes for an interesting comparison - they're reviewing the same products, they both spend an hour on stream, they are both in the same company and presumably work with similar rules regarding content, but I found Lia's content much more compelling. It's not even that Lia did it first, but I think Lia did a better job selling the stream concept than Rie, making it feel more dangerous and just barely allowed, compared to Rie who is much more chill and (thus) boring. Or maybe I just need to find the right Rie stream to get her and her style nmore.

RhoasJonas

Capippalist
It makes for an interesting comparison - they're reviewing the same products, they both spend an hour on stream, they are both in the same company and presumably work with similar rules regarding content, but I found Lia's content much more compelling. It's not even that Lia did it first, but I think Lia did a better job selling the stream concept than Rie, making it feel more dangerous and just barely allowed, compared to Rie who is much more chill and (thus) boring. Or maybe I just need to find the right Rie stream to get her and her style nmore.
Doing something so directly similar to a non-debatably more entertaining streamer would never invite a good comparision from the get go.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

If I must suffer from witnessing this atrocity, so must you all.

hololive ruined /jp/

So Rie did the anime girl scent stream:

For those unaware, it's a review of four different scents that are supposed to be various anime girls. Lia provided Rie with the scents, and did the same stream with the same scents two weeks ago:
)

every rie stream is like watching rie stream for the first time in her life.

Nabeshin

Sometimes I forget how tough Wemi had it as a 3rd worlder. Working for 1 dollar an hour is abysmally low.
From which country is she from?

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Sena steams all week long under weather? She should probably get a day off streaming. Shes streching herself too thin, like has a day job and streams and recovers from sickness!

FmhZPoMXkAIpNOu.jpg

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
My impression is that even within Myth, only Ame would be considered coming from a poor background. Ina was living with her family and already make a good living being a professional artist, Mori and Kiara were struggling in Japan but their family in their respective home country seems to be doing fine, Gura might not be in her best mental state before Hololive but I don't remember any indication of her family having financial struggles.
Kiaras family isnt really particularly well off I'd say. Probably lower middle class or something like that.
In austria, Kiara basically lived from paycheck to paycheck, saving all of her money up to travel to japan.
Kiara said that her family never visited her while she was there because they lacked the money to travel that far.
Kiara mentions that she got hand-me-downs from her sister and there was only one PC in the house that everyone had to share for the longest time.
Not quite proofs that they were dirt-poor (they weren't) but the support network is thin. So I'd put her at the same level as Ame.
It always seems to me that Callis family back in the stats seems loaded as well. The have a house with a pool, thats a rich people thing isn't it?
Also Kiara still has habits of a penny-pincher, like she for groceries she sill goes to the cheapest chains there is (Aldi and Spar).
Also you would think that as a Hololive fan (before getting in and still now) she would own merch but she never buys any Hololive merch because she thinks its too expensive. She doesnt own anime figurines either.

Also Kiaras mother moved to the Hungarian countryside and bought some kind of run-down farm shes trying to renovate on her own. Kiara was worried about her mother during the winter because apparently the place her mom lives at has no heating (except a fire place) and not even electricity in every room. Kiara proposed to her mom that she could pass the winter at her place in Austria but she refused.
She also has chickens and I believe some other smaller farm-animals as well. Kiaras mom goes fox-hunting in the nearby forest to protect her chickens as well.
Kiaras brother is currently a NEET (and her Cat sitter) but he is also the outdoor type. He did the the entire Camino de Santiago, a popular pilgrimage route in Europe, about 500 miles long.

I find it fascinating that Kiaras family is a bunch of ragged outdoorsy types and then you have the youngest, Kiara, struggles lifting her groceries or ding half an day of walking.

Anyways, Kiaras mother is fucking based.

More deets from the Kiara + Haachama + Ame date

image.png

image.png

Azki is a surprising beast at Geoguesser, she now has 2 perfect runs

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Today's hologra combined with promotion upcoming Suisei concert.

Horo7618

No one in particular
It always seems to me that Callis family back in the stats seems loaded as well. The have a house with a pool, thats a rich people thing isn't it?
I think from what she said her grandparents were at least kind of wealthy (paid for her to go to private school) but her parents weren't so much.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Oh, to go along with IRyS not being able to find Australia, reading a street name with 'Dr' as 'doctor', not being able to find Florida on a map of the USA (she might have been trolling on that one), she also nearly got doxxed by the game. The final USA clue put her in Hawaii with palm trees, ocean, and mountains all in view at once and she had to pretend(?) to not know that it was Hawaii.

I was thinking it would be hilarious if the game doxxed me and I was able to help in chat, "Ah yes, this is the rural/suburban area of __ state in between the cities of __ and __, on the intersection of highways __ and __.", but instead we got IRyS asking chat, "Whaaaat? Why do you guys thinks this is Hawaii? Oh well, I guess you're probably right" which was a funny twist.

And she had a cute frozen face when she left for an idol meeting, presented alongside one of her emotes for comparison:
View attachment 10818
And just a quick timestamp of Ame's poor choice of words in the Apex off-collab (24:56):

I wonder if her being Hawaiian means she likes spam as a legit food?

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
If anyone needed a yab stream today, Rurumi is doing a condom eating stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom