"I think a lot of boys do this you know, you get very limited videogaming time, your parents don't let you play after a certain time, so you end up going out with... your boyfriends, like little boyfriends"Kevin 'Sakana' Li

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter

Phase weekly isabout to start. Has SHIINA, Airi and Panko this week
Edit: Really great so far..... Airi learns the differences between cluck cock and cuck....

Last edited:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Tempus 1 names were odd, but Tempus 2 names are straight up trash. I get they have the eastern theme for two of them, but they should at least keep some narrative consistency. What kind of name is Banzoin Hakka. Why would you give a EN talent a japanese name like Shinri.
And leave it to the japanese to invent such a shit name as "Machina x Flayer". They must think that adding some super out-of-place techy guy with an edgy (for japanese culture) must be cool.
Too bad they have no fucking lore so it just looks and sounds like a discordant mess.
It's all so shit. It's like they're rejected Nijisanji character drafts. Feels like they have a bigger debuff than Tempus 1.
You know I read your post after a long cold shower, and now I wonder what would happen if a vtuber debutted under the name "Jolene" or "Albert"

Sakana should hire the gundam names guy. They could do with someone called Eiphar Synapse, Hallellujah Haptism, Paptimus Scirocco or Kacricon Cacooler.

Last edited:

kukkia

Early Adopter
hes a lawyer, he talks goverment and laws. did you expect a lawyer not to talk about laws? Is it strictly political to talk about laws? Is education on laws political?
Government and laws are a part of politics, yeah. There's a reason why Congress is called the legislative branch. I'm not sure why you wouldn't think laws are political, unless you think that politics only means elections - which isn't the case.
I have nothing against lawyers talking about politics, I'm just saying that if your biggest vtuber wants to collab with politics Youtubers then you may get a reputation for being political.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Tempus 1 names were odd, but Tempus 2 names are straight up trash. I get they have the eastern theme for two of them, but they should at least keep some narrative consistency. What kind of name is Banzoin Hakka. Why would you give a EN talent a japanese name like Shinri.
And leave it to the japanese to invent such a shit name as "Machina x Flayer". They must think that adding some super out-of-place techy guy with an edgy (for japanese culture) must be cool.
Too bad they have no fucking lore so it just looks and sounds like a discordant mess.
It's all so shit. It's like they're rejected Nijisanji character drafts. Feels like they have a bigger debuff than Tempus 1.
If I'm getting baited, then so be it. This took me barely any time to type.

Their is narrative consistency (by Vtuber lore standards) with the NotJapanese half of Tempus 2, Hakka and Shinri are from Fantasy Japan Version 255 land called "Xenokuni" and fantasy Japan has existed in many many fantasy worlds especially in JRPGs and their was an expedition by the other half to go to Xenokuni. It is tropey yes, but it can make sense if you want to have that type of land in your fantasy world. Also "super out-of-place techy guy", did you even read Elysium's lore?

Elysium lore shit.PNG

Elysium is a fucking digital world not just a medieval fantasy world. Altare and Axel aren't exactly super typical ye old fantasy shit considering Axel's hologram ears, and Altare's whatever the fuck shit is going on with his armor that I wouldn't call typical fantasy. Magni's hands are also pretty techy as he's pretty much Doctor Octopus with how his cloak hands work.

They have as much lore as Tempus 1 did so I'd say this batch is about as equally good lore-wise as the original 4 to me, which is whatever but hey its there.

If you're going to lore sperg about Vtuber lore, at least be correct with what the lore is.

So for you: :educateyourself:

And for me: :autismawareness:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Re the Tenma/Pippa/PC "political" stuff, as far as PC being toxic to work with due to Pippa's shenanigans, let's make a list of agencies whose talent Pippa has collabed with on stream (so not counting Twitter interactions or that sort of thing):

- Tsunderia
- Idol Corp
- Cyberlive (pre-collapse)
- Kawaii

I'm probably forgetting one or two (Prism? Did she work with someone from Uwu pre-collapse?). Now I'm sure there are some corpos that have blacklisted her behind-the-scenes, but there's still plenty of others who don't seem to have a problem with her enough that she doesn't seem to be suffering for lack of collab opportunities.

So what's the difference with Tenma? Well, she has mostly collabed with fleshtubers, right? That might be the difference if these people she's trying to work with and being turned down by are fleshtubers. Those people operate in an entirely different sphere than these anime girls and, by virtue of both not playing a character and by showing their actual face, have to give more consideration to protecting their image, both metaphorically and literally. It's sad, but I don't necessarily blame them; they are in Rome and must do as the Romans do. And I presume Tenma would have just as many collab opportunities with other agency vtubers just as Pippa has had if she wanted that, but maybe that's not what she wants. Maybe she's not as in love with the hobby as Pippa is despite it being her job.

So it's a sad situation and I hope she finds a way to find happiness despite the toxic political environment in Western society limiting her options, but at the same time I can't really blame anyone in particular for this situation.

kukkia

Early Adopter
And I presume Tenma would have just as many collab opportunities with other agency vtubers just as Pippa has had if she wanted that, but maybe that's not what she wants.
Tenma got a Nijisanji collab, so yeah, she could probably get more if she's interested.

Hell, I don't think Pippa getting a Niji collab would be impossible, she's just not into Nijisanji apart from her brief period of asking Selen for collabs on Twitter.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Tenma got a Nijisanji collab, so yeah, she could probably get more if she's interested.

Hell, I don't think Pippa getting a Niji collab would be impossible, she's just not into Nijisanji apart from her brief period of asking Selen for collabs on Twitter.

Unironically, I think Pippa and either Mika or Hana would be an absolute riot of a stream.

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
I'm still stun-locked by the 'something crazier than 3D' comment from Elira yesterday.

Maybe I'm just not thinking outside the box enough? Maybe the corporate sanitisation of the industry has dulled my expectations and prevented me from dreaming big?

All I can reasonably suggest is that they're either getting a concert or they'll be participating as part of one? Nijisanji usually have some species of paid music event in late spring/early summer, but as cool as that is, it's more 'expected' than 'crazy' that EN will get involved in concerts because their brand is too valuable to ignore.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
All I have to say about the politics thing is that no matter what side you are on, if you can't just drop politics at the door and do other stuff with your life, then you need to...

:gsh:

...and learn how to accept not everyone is the same as you. Now, obviously, if someone is constantly telling you that you need to kill yourself over your political beliefs, I can understand not wanting to have anything to do with them. Also, it's just an undeniable fact that there's a disproportionate amount of liberal moralfagging in entertainment these days (which has led to a lot of different industries becoming these ridiculous 'empowering'/'safespaces' where you get preached at or excommunicated for not wholeheartedly drinking the koolaid), so I understand people having much lower tolerance of those values showing up in a space that has largely decided to forgo all that culture war stuff.

Having said that, Pippa does make a few politically charged statements at times, and so people who care about all that are likely the same people who believe that just having a cordial relationship with a person with differing views means you completely endorse them and their beliefs (see the backlash that Ellen DeGeneres got over having a friendly chat with George Bush). Pippa's statements (to the best of my recollection) never go into the territory of insinuating that if you don't 100% agree with her, then you're some kind of blight on humanity that needs to be purged. So any sane person should have no qualms with collabing with a person related to her by company alone. If they do care about it, then they are likely someone too entrenched in the belief that politics is the most important factor in determining your worth as a person, and they should probably be avoided specifically because of their propensity to make everything about politics.

I'm still stun-locked by the 'something crazier than 3D' comment from Elira yesterday.

Maybe I'm just not thinking outside the box enough? Maybe the corporate sanitisation of the industry has dulled my expectations and prevented me from dreaming big?

All I can reasonably suggest is that they're either getting a concert or they'll be participating as part of one? Nijisanji usually have some species of paid music event in late spring/early summer, but as cool as that is, it's more 'expected' than 'crazy' that EN will get involved in concerts because their brand is too valuable to ignore.
I don't watch Elira much, does she have a history of just getting really hyped up about stuff? I mean, 3D events are very exciting and there's no reason not to jump with joy over it, but if it is something truly insane and off the wall then kudos to her and her peeps for being involved in it whatever it may be!

Feature length NijiEN anime except all the ones that were sadtweeting the other day were not included.
Now a feature length animated movie starring them would definitely qualify for bigger than 3D. Man, imagine your oshi getting something like that done. Gura's Shark'd animation was already something I really loved, I don't know if I could handle a whole movie or series of it lol.

Last edited:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
I’m wearing my HoloLive shirt for the first time,
it’s phenomenal. Very comfortable, and super cute. $35 is a steal

thirteenorphans

Feature length NijiEN anime except all the ones that were sadtweeting the other day were not included.

Sven

First Tenma stream I've tuned to in a while, and it's honestly been kinda worrying. Mostly this, but also her comments on management didn't sound great.
She said she should be more obedient and agree with boss' decisions even if she thinks they're bad, and in the same stream she talked about how she asked management for a percentage in the sell of goods she made herself (she was asking for 15%-20% of the income but settled with 5%). Makes me question if there is some kind of conflict between her and her managers?
Tenma also said "I will fired one way or another" but I didn't quite catch the context so I'll just assume it was a joke on her part.
One more post for the whole Tenma thing and God damn it I wish I could actually remember what stream it was in because I keep bringing up shit that I seem to remember all being in one stream but it all blurs together in my brain.

So, going off my memory I recall a Pippa stream she was going a little melancholic and either got Tenma in a call or mentioned it, I can't remember which, that between the two of them Tenma actually had more 'strikes' then Pippa did. It was the case of Pippa being what pre-gen 2 were considered yab strikes whereas Tenma's were from fighting with management over anything & everything.

Anyways many words typed just to say Tenma's a fighter and her and the fish have a somewhat known history of scraps in the past and this is probably just another and she is venting. The agree with bad decisions sounds like the troll fighting thing to me as she very much wants to keep it up against managements wishes. I will agree if she designed the merch herself (and wasn't commissioned to do it) asking for a better cut isn't egregious but if it is something with a high manufacture cost I could see the Fish balking also I chalk it up to her English but I assume she meant 15-20% of profits as income would imply to me pre-cost balanced.

As for the Phase is political line always remember to some people the phrase "I like America" is politically charged and means your a far-right radical that murders black and gay people everyday.

Autisticus

A random thought I had was maybe they're recording something for a gacha game or some other kind of collaboration or sponsorship? Elira and Finana would probably both be pretty hyped for that from what I remember of them. I'm pretty out of the loop though, admittedly.

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
What about a Lazulight X Myth 3D collab?

I mean a lot of Myth were also in Japan just now, and the only one we can't confirm went to Japan has been quiet in general for a hot minute.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter

Ollie giving information on how the Holo's handle da money with collabs. I pretty much expected it to be this way just because it makes the most sense, but having her actually come out and talk about it is always welcome. Because confirmation on certain things, especially finances, is hard to come by in regards to corpo vtubers.

What about a Lazulight X Myth 3D collab?
I fucking wish.

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔
I’m wearing my HoloLive shirt for the first time,
it’s phenomenal. Very comfortable, and super cute. $35 is a steal
I can't say I'd ever wear Hololive merch, especially in public. Must just not be for me.

Ollie giving information on how the Holo's handle da money with collabs. I pretty much expected it to be this way just because it makes the most sense, but having her actually come out and talk about it is always welcome. Because confirmation on certain things, especially finances, is hard to come by in regards to corpo vtubers.
This is one reason why I like Ollie and Hololive-ID in general, they don't seem to hold back much with what they say. I just wish they'd get more popular, they all deserve more success.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
You guys did 99.9% of the work and then gave me the last piece by giving me the first name "Joel", as I was already looking at his shit heap of an apartment complex.
I will give myself some credit by correctly guessing he was in his 40s.
Him being over 40 just makes it more embarrassing honestly, he acts like a rebellious tween.
PSA for everyone: There's been an uptick of new accounts registering today and three days ago (4th), so it's possible that chase or some of his friends are among these.
Little bitch instantly responded to you too, you really got his panties in a twist huh?

Last edited:

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

Anycolour managed to stranglehold Konami into finishing a patch to complete Metal Gear Solid V and Lazulight are debuting as legendary mercenaries The Dragon, The Fairy and The Feesh for Punished Snake to fight, once again featuring the returned voice of David Hayter, in battles similar to the BB Corps of MGS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom