"We're best friends! Only friends!"Shirakami Fubuki

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peyton Turkanis

I can't imagine them losing much from not being able to collab with such gutless pussies that wouldn't want to associate with phase connect because one of its member is edgy (for the vtuber community).
You can't create good, lasting relationships with people like that.
Seems to me like it's more of an excuse, rather than an actual reason.
Phase as a whole? Sure, they'll be fine.

But Tenma is stuck between dealing with spergs who don't like what she does, or isolating herself to do the things she likes because everyone else doesn't want to deal with Phase's reputation.

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty
Robocco is playing the current Splatfest in Splatoon 3

Flare (with Korone) and Aki are also live with it

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Spotted a Henri tweet replying to another vtuber related tweet. Checked out his twitter out of curiosity. Turns out he's doing a "villain arc" thing now.

henri_tweet_01.PNG

henri_tweet_02.PNG

henri_tweet_03.PNG

henri_tweet_04.PNG

henri_tweet_05.PNG

henri_tweet_06.PNG

henri_tweet_07.PNG

henri_tweet_08.PNG

henri_tweet_09.PNG

Normally I wouldn't give attention to performative nonsense like this, but dammit, he made me laugh.

Gorilla Drip

Tenma mentioned that she has difficulty collabing with some streamers. She said that PC has a reputation of being political.
First Tenma stream I've tuned to in a while, and it's honestly been kinda worrying. Mostly this, but also her comments on management didn't sound great.
She said she should be more obedient and agree with boss' decisions even if she thinks they're bad, and in the same stream she talked about how she asked management for a percentage in the sell of goods she made herself (she was asking for 15%-20% of the income but settled with 5%). Makes me question if there is some kind of conflict between her and her managers?
Tenma also said "I will fired one way or another" but I didn't quite catch the context so I'll just assume it was a joke on her part.
Phase as a whole? Sure, they'll be fine.

But Tenma is stuck between dealing with spergs who don't like what she does, or isolating herself to do the things she likes because everyone else doesn't want to deal with Phase's reputation.

I agree with this. Tenma seems conflicted on two sides to me. Firstly, she responded to a gray name in chat who was asking for feet, or something along those lines, by getting angry with him, pushing the troll even further for a bit (called herself Killjoyma and said she'll allow no more fun) - has my full support on this, the meme is seriously getting out of hand. I gathered she also has some troubles with collabing with Pippa (even though they're still on friendly terms) because of her dislike of it.
On the other hand, her content is very different from Pippa, and as much as Pippa's role as the face of Phase Connect helps the company marketing wise, it also forces Tenma in difficult situations such as these. Probably the people she wanted to collab with wouldn't collab with her regardless of Pippa's ""political hatespeech"", but she said she feels isolated because of this, like she can't enter the circles of people with her same interests. I guess Pippa's mark is way too heavy? "Safe" companies probably don't even want to risk entering her sphere of influence.
Another thing I've noticed is that she wants to keep fighting back trolls - she mentioned she feels like it's in-character for her, but PC is not letting her not to risk anything (which is probably the wisest move, but who knows).
Don't know if I'm overthinking this but she did seem pretty sad about all of it. Also hi, I'm new, been lurking for a while, hope I didn't do anything inappropriate.

kestraline

Early Adopter
Rurumi is currently killing everyone in Surgeon Simulator.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
First Tenma stream I've tuned to in a while, and it's honestly been kinda worrying. Mostly this, but also her comments on management didn't sound great.
She said she should be more obedient and agree with boss' decisions even if she thinks they're bad, and in the same stream she talked about how she asked management for a percentage in the sell of goods she made herself (she was asking for 15%-20% of the income but settled with 5%). Makes me question if there is some kind of conflict between her and her managers?
Tenma also said "I will fired one way or another" but I didn't quite catch the context so I'll just assume it was a joke on her part.

I agree with this. Tenma seems conflicted on two sides to me. Firstly, she responded to a gray name in chat who was asking for feet, or something along those lines, by getting angry with him, pushing the troll even further for a bit (called herself Killjoyma and said she'll allow no more fun) - has my full support on this, the meme is seriously getting out of hand. I gathered she also has some troubles with collabing with Pippa (even though they're still on friendly terms) because of her dislike of it.
On the other hand, her content is very different from Pippa, and as much as Pippa's role as the face of Phase Connect helps the company marketing wise, it also forces Tenma in difficult situations such as these. Probably the people she wanted to collab with wouldn't collab with her regardless of Pippa's ""political hatespeech"", but she said she feels isolated because of this, like she can't enter the circles of people with her same interests. I guess Pippa's mark is way too heavy? "Safe" companies probably don't even want to risk entering her sphere of influence.
Another thing I've noticed is that she wants to keep fighting back trolls - she mentioned she feels like it's in-character for her, but PC is not letting her not to risk anything (which is probably the wisest move, but who knows).
Don't know if I'm overthinking this but she did seem pretty sad about all of it. Also hi, I'm new, been lurking for a while, hope I didn't do anything inappropriate.
fishman hate etc
Aight consider this. While pippa has a lot of theory knowledge out like in and outs of vtuber business and algorithm gaming for most exposure, tenma is more of a social creature, more involved with people in the communities. Notable indies like girldm love her and often interact with her, community members of games she plays and loves like mossbag adore her and also talk to her. Its not like they are stopping interacting with her judging by her birthday stream. Its just that the future is going to be complicated for a drunk fox if she ever goes for the bigger targets, outside small/medium corpo that is, not because edgy content because
IMO
Shes a conventional entertainer in an unconventional company. I seriously dont think anyone except vtweeters really care about "PIPKINS PIPPER WAS ON META COOR STREAM". Those people arent the core audience neither these kinda people have any standing in any company or arent anything but jannies in best case scenario (yet). Its more with that instead of being asked "who?" she will be asked "arent you the moldy feet dusty womb fnaf fanfic guys with daddy issues?" Shes like one person without some kind of tism who can actually play games and is more intentionally funny rather than otherwise. thats a theory tho i really dont know whats happenign behind the scenes

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Tenma mentioned that she has difficulty collabing with some streamers. She said that PC has a reputation of being political.
I think whoever she talked to gave Tenma a bullshit excuse. Between PC clearly not being political enough for her Nijisanji collab, or the entire stable of huge indies that like her and interact with her. Or Pippa somehow not being political enough to get public interaction with multiple hololive members, Kson, Merryweather, Lisa or the billion indies she talks to.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Tenma could always ignore the feet requesters in chat. Why she willingly chooses to engage with trolls is still a mystery to me.

Gorilla Drip

fishman hate etc
Aight consider this. While pippa has a lot of theory knowledge out like in and outs of vtuber business and algorithm gaming for most exposure, tenma is more of a social creature, more involved with people in the communities. Notable indies like girldm love her and often interact with her, community members of games she plays and loves like mossbag adore her and also talk to her. Its not like they are stopping interacting with her judging by her birthday stream. Its just that the future is going to be complicated for a drunk fox if she ever goes for the bigger targets, outside small/medium corpo that is, not because edgy content because
IMO
Shes a conventional entertainer in an unconventional company. I seriously dont think anyone except vtweeters really care about "PIPKINS PIPPER WAS ON META COOR STREAM". Those people arent the core audience neither these kinda people have any standing in any company or arent anything but jannies in best case scenario (yet). Its more with that instead of being asked "who?" she will be asked "arent you the moldy feet dusty womb fnaf fanfic guys with daddy issues?" Shes like one person without some kind of tism who can actually play games and is more intentionally funny rather than otherwise. thats a theory tho i really dont know whats happenign behind the scenes
Yeah, honestly I agree. Wasn't blaming Sakana nor Pippa, just got me thinking whether her type of content is what's causing her the issues she's facing. She did say she tried to collab with bigger names she respected and got rejected because of the aura the company has. Hope she can find a circle of regular entertainers the same way she is, though (since apparently she doesn't feel like she did, all her online connections considered).
I think whoever she talked to gave Tenma a bullshit excuse. Between PC clearly not being political enough for her Nijisanji collab, or the entire stable of huge indies that like her and interact with her. Or Pippa somehow not being political enough to get public interaction with multiple hololive members, Kson, Merryweather, Lisa or the billion indies she talks to.
Not excluding this is the case. Actually, I think that's exactly what happened. Either way, it's also true bigger companies/creators might actually think it's not worth the risk to collab with PC because of its fame, and this might creator problems specifically for Tenma since she's much closer to a classical vtuber than Pippa ever was.
Tenma could always ignore the feet requesters in chat. Why she willingly chooses to engage with trolls is still a mystery to me.
Her argument is that it's part of her character. She's been well known for being very sassy with her viewers when they deserve it. I agree with it, but it might as well be a good idea to change antics, since her "shouting at clouds" might actually create her problems (and is what Sakana is probably trying to avoid).

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Probably dodging a bullet there, honestly. The kind of people who see pink rabbit antics as political would absolutely become a headache down the line.

My friend sent me this news about an Indonesia Vtuber drama, it is pretty crazy:

Link

Archive:
Everything about this situation is vile - that outfit's not appropriate for a 15-year-old in the first place, then the stuff with the older, obviously manipulative partners just makes it worse. I was always under the impression Indonesia had a more conservative culture around this kind of thing, but I guess some things fall through the cracks.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
I missed Ame's birthday, Subaru's morning talk, the Mario Kart tournament and I'm going to miss the boys' debuts tonight because of some last minute work nonsense.
:gunpeko:

At least the liveposting was fun to go through.

Local brit will be splatting and showing off her amiibos soon.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

I can't imagine them losing much from not being able to collab with such gutless pussies that wouldn't want to associate with phase connect because one of its member is edgy (for the vtuber community).
You can't create good, lasting relationships with people like that.
Seems to me like it's more of an excuse, rather than an actual reason.

The people that think that Phase has a "political" reputation are the kind of pukes that spend 15 seconds doing research, and then worry way too much about what the rest of the low knowledge vTweeters think. As such, they end up indicating they're exactly the kind of person you WOULDN'T want to collab with.

Hell, look at yesterday. We had a 3 company non-stream collab between Shiina, Fuyo, Yuko, and Sava bullshiting and drawing art. If other corporations aren't so risk adverse to as to write off Phase, why the fuck should the average pleb (unless you're a Twittard with pronouns in your bio).

I missed Ame's birthday, Subaru's morning talk, the Mario Kart tournament and I'm going to miss the boys' debuts tonight because of some last minute work nonsense.
:gunpeko:

At least the liveposting was fun to go through.

Local brit will be splatting and showing off her amiibos soon.

Rin's handcam bits are pre-recorded and have the same weird high energy her stream does.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Gavis "Too Purple To Live" Battel made something special to play after his gen's debut, not even his genmates knew about this apparently.

I like this silent comedy shitck he's been attempting, it fits the character with the kind of old time-y (with very anime flourishes) style of his character and I'm a sucker for that stuff.

Vespersaurus is now my favorite Vesper form. (This is an actual dinosaur btw)

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
My friend sent me this news about an Indonesia Vtuber drama, it is pretty crazy:

Link

Archive:
As someone who got the gist of the stuff and followed this thing from like, iunno, when it sparked in Indo social media sphere, I can explain some more stuff.

The thing about the vtuber in question, Papaw.ch, is that while he did being the guy the cosplayer cheated to, the 1st boyfriend of the cosplayer is a literal piece of shit who came from Singapore and acted like sugar daddy to her. Papaw.ch stated on a Instagram story that was deleted along with his account that, based from what I remembered (no archive, sorry):
- The cosplayer started relationship with the vtuber after a series of WhatsApp DMs. I don't exactly remember the full content but at one point the cosplayer was having a deppreso suicidal fit and the vtuber was able to talk things out. This became clear when the vtuber ended up working as photo editor for one (or some few) of her paid cosplay photoshoot pack.
- At some point, the cosplayer mentioned to the vtuber that her boyfriend is starting to see her less of a partner and more of a source of money/content. This leads to a DM where she said to the vtuber that the boyfriend is trying to get her to open up OnlyFans account, where she is basically being turned into underage e-thot (one line in particular has her mentioned "my boyfriend wanted me to make a blowjob video, with only his face blurred for $100 tier")
- They continued the cheating until the vtuber had to leave to a different town, while deciding to basically regret their relationship. One note is that somewhere before this, the vtuber showed a DM where he advises the cosplayer to not let the boyfriend handle her instagram account.

At that point, the story itself has blew up. The cosplayer herself went into cosplay hiatus before her account went poof, though I got a feeling that her singaporean BF yeeted it or something. The boyfriend, if I remembered correctly, made a vague IG story stating "goodbye jakarta, goodbye world" with a night city background before deleting his IG, suggesting that he gonna run to Singapore and stayed there or commit backflip from rooftop and the vtuber making what I wrote above before he too went gone and DFE.

I don't really care much about the stuff, but I was inside a weeb community group where they get a bit too invested with the drama that tried to do homeland level information digging in which they got details about the cosplayer, like how she's basically enrolled in a big school that is like, rich folks school (for Jakarta), and that her being able to go into underage snu-snu with two dude (BF 22, vtuber 19) because she might be fatherless (or motherless). Hell, they apparently realized that they might actually get the NSFW that was shared between the cosplayer and the BFs but they got the common sense to ditch it, lest they get SWAT to raid their wooden shacks.

Now that is done and dealt with, I might need to delete the photo I took of her during a local con I visited some weeks ago. Shame.

Everything about this situation is vile - that outfit's not appropriate for a 15-year-old in the first place, then the stuff with the older, obviously manipulative partners just makes it worse. I was always under the impression Indonesia had a more conservative culture around this kind of thing, but I guess some things fall through the cracks.
It's just happened, pretty much. Yes, folks there can be conservative, sometime they get a bit loose and all. But then you have some like this cosplayer who went too far. And both the vtuber and the cosplayer boyfriend. At least the vtuber manages to regret his action, but its still a shitshow either way.

Early Adopter
Yeah, honestly I agree. Wasn't blaming Sakana nor Pippa, just got me thinking whether her type of content is what's causing her the issues she's facing. She did say she tried to collab with bigger names she respected and got rejected because of the aura the company has. Hope she can find a circle of regular entertainers the same way she is, though.

Not excluding this is the case. Actually, I think that's exactly what happened. Either way, it's also true bigger companies/creators might actually think it's not worth the risk to collab with PC because of its fame, and this might creator problems specifically for Tenma since she's much closer to a classical vtuber than Pippa ever was.

Her argument is that it's part of her character. She's been well known for being very sassy with her viewers when they deserve it. I agree with it, but it might as well be a good idea to change antics, since her "shouting at clouds" might actually create her problems (and is what Sakana is probably trying to avoid).
okay so just for clarity and to make sure im not gonna be talking out of my ass for next few messages im going to be autistic and pretty much just transcribe what she actually said and then probably write my thoughts below

2:22:20
"You'll never be for everyone. Yep! And that's a good thing! I'll never be for the people... hm... How do i put it in the nicest way possible? Because i... i don't think my english is in the good position to make it sound less bad. I want some proffesional in this topic. At the moment this company, as much i a don't want it to... It's kind of has a huge popularity and viewership of specific type of content, so the people expect you to do.. they want you go to that type of content, so when you go against them into that specific type of content they get very angry. If you try to distance yourself from the image that has been made, its a bit difficult, i guess. You feel kinda alienated, like you are not... you are not... you dont feel welcomed anymore, i guess. You feel like you are not part of it anymore, when you alienate yourself from stuff you dont wanna do, but everyone else does it. And sometimes it makes me feel like "What am i doing here at this point?", since i was not made for this... public. In a nicest way to put it. Its a bit difficult. We somehow get this image... We are getting more known and known as this... I'm happy for the company growth. i guess. As i said, everyoe does whatever they want, somehow it also feels like we are very allienated. How do i? Hm... So you see, we are starting to attract this circle of people that do the same thing or are known for the same thing, as people do, and they want to collab with you but you don't want to collab with these types of people because you dont do the content they do, so why should i be approaced by people like you! And then you try to reach to the people that are not part of that circle, but they ignore you! It's such a difficult topic! I... I don't like the circle i'm in! It's tiring! It really feels tiring! I'm gonna drink water."
2:26:50
"'What content circle do you want to be?' Of people that enjoy the same things i do! Of people that are not into political stuff! Of people that do not need to offer yabai stuff for content! Maybe of people who like speedrun with me! Maybe the people who like hollow knight like me! Maybe people who, i don't know, have the same hobbies as me. Instead i get people who are famous on boards, and i don't wanna have nothing to do with them and i fucking HATE them! And i dont want to interact with noone, and people are making me interact with these people that are famous. And people are begging to 'collaborate with this one' 'collaborate with this one!' 'collaborate with people! (edited: pippa)' No... no, i don't want to be more introduced to this community! To this circle! We are stuck in the same circle ass kissing eachover because our way of doing content and i hate it! Because its not my type of content! I feel alienated, really! Everyone does it! But i feel alienated, and i just want to push you all away! And when i try to contact people from outside, one of them literally told me 'Um, sorry, no political hatespeech vtuber. I'm sorry, i cant collaborate with you' And i looked up to that person alot, and it made me so upset... That we are known this way... in a way. (?) a lot of bridges burned... whatever. 'Im really enjoying your content, BTW! The way you talk about things so far' Ahh! No! You came at the wrong time! Especially not this way! I just felt like zatsudaning a bit! It's difficult to do the collaborations i guess, at this point. Uh... Cause i dont know how to exit this circle. Whatever. 'Go indie' (chuckle) you think i can become indie vtuber after phase connect? I don't think so. I don't think so."
2:32:38
"I really wanna push through this image! I wanna... I really want this to be changed. And if that means i need to walk extra hard, so be it. Will i hit the corner sometimes? Ehh.. Do i have corners?"

alright so the only thing i really want to say is whoever that guy who said too political to Tenma is a massive fаggot let gods light smite his AIDS MONKEYPOX ass out the the face of the earth. and i did talk out of my ass.

Last edited:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
More Tempus2 PL discussion.

Taken from nyfco mostly, been following along and double-checking:

Josuju Shinri = Lex Parte
tweet comparison - basically a self-dox
some of his friends as Lex interacted with Shinri's tweets first or exclusively
content interests match

Machina X Flayer = probably Ais Riale
based on similar tweet style, Melty Blood, mannerisms
tweet comparison

Gavis Bettel = Lord Commander Chaos (before that, Zuthar13)
based on art similarities with LCC's content. For example his irl brother did most of his thumbnails as LCC and Zuthar, and seems to be continuing. Background artist seems to be the same too.
artist follows/likes
friend follows/likes
example artist connection

Banzoin Hakka = probably Hiraga
based on very similar tweet style, one friend follow, "break" timing

I would say Lex and LCC are confirmed and Ais and Hiraga are very likely.

Presuming that's all true, my takes pre-debut:
Shinri/Lex will probably be a good talker with good stories (he's older and went to law school), but I will likely bounce off his content. Good for the female fans though. Apparently he can play FPS fine so he'll be good for the Apex/Valo guerilla collabs. Also a fan of StarsJP so maybe we will see more interaction between the Stars branches.
Flayer/Ais is a good all-around streamer with a bratty personality. Not quite the shota that some people want but the bratty kid for sure. Can voice act. I'm on the wait and see train regarding his content, but he'll likely generate some good clippable moments. As an aside Ais, Lex, and Hanbyeol(Altare) all knew each other.
Bettel/LCC is that guy who's been on the gaming content grind for 10 years. Some people say a more gaming less chatting version of Vesper? I'm on the wait and see if his content catches my interest.
Hakka/Hiraga is a kick-ass utaite, with a voice more suited to rock and harsher vocals. Might follow the Axel route of not having much streaming experience. Honduran living in the USA. Excited for any singing he does, he has one hell of a voice. As in, he can scream (aside: Xandu became Ike Everland).

Last edited:

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
And people are begging to 'collaborate with this one' 'collaborate with this one!' 'collaborate with pippa No... no,
I thought she said "collaborate with people" there. I don't think she was saying she doesn't want to collaborate with Pippa.

EDIT:
Speaking of Tenma, I just saw that she went back to play the original Macho.

EDIT: Her reaction to the sex minigame, lmao. And it caused her game speed to glitch!

EDIT: Man, watching Tenma play old school God of War is really bringing in the nostalgia. Such awesome games, I loved them back in the day. It was around the same time as other extremely over the top versions of Classical myth/history, like 300 iirc. So much fun.

Last edited:

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I personally can't fathom Dez truly getting no punishment for his evil shit eventually just solely by circumstance unless Vesper becomes a total pussy. The reason murderhobos get owned is because their over aggression tends to provoke fights they can't win and that almost happened twice with the wyrmling and the goblin horde. Wyrmling is saved by Erky and the goblin was just horrible luck, a misread on a feature, and some marginally bad tactics that so happened to favor the party. I think Vesper was trying to give CurioBOT a very genuine chance at character development to try and convince Magni IC and OOC to change and well...its CurioBOT I guess.

I think where I disagree with Vesper's DMing is I think the rests are kind of horseshit, no fucking way you're long resting in there as their should be SOMETHING wondering about the fire from earlier to disrupt you, and the short rest next to the burning room with 8 goblins being next to it is not happening. Both of those are kind of bullshit and too game-y for my tastes. Also I think he's being inconsistent on how attack roll vs AC ties work as sometimes he made them hit and sometimes he didn't iirc, and the official rule is ties go to the defender which is could saved a one of his goblins at the end who was running when only Catxel was up.

Dez to me doesn't strike me as someone who's getting away with everything because Vesper is holding back, besides the rests and Erky being too nice, I think Magni has just been getting lucky enough to scrape by in these fights especially when Magni is literally just pew pewing Warlock and not at all abusing the depth of having a spell list. Maybe I'm coping, but I can't fathom this trend continuing too long where Dez can just keep getting revived and carried out. The boys aren't exactly abusing yo-yo healing tactics to compensate how many close fights they take and very likely the giant hulking death golem who keeps fucking with people will get a reputation (imo if I were DMing this stuff) overall and not be very welcomed. Or Dez will fail a deception roll or something on any important thing and get owned that way when he tells a too elaborate lie. Hell if Erky really gets fucked up and doesn't just die, I expect him to basically slander CurioBOT's name and that to get around as this is Vesper's setting after this dungeon. So depending on how relevant Erky's church is, then their is ways to make CurioBOT's actions hinder him within the world going forward.

I'm going to very likely keep watching regardless, because frankly seeing CurioBOT eventually suffer will be great and the dice will make him suffer eventually just by statistics, and Vesper can't keep shoving random Cleric NPCs to bail them out with emergency healing especially if Altor doesn't take healing magic himself like he hasn't so far. I'm sure someone will hint or even straight up clip when CurioBOT dies or gets own for his evil deeds eventually within the Tempus sphere, so even if you bail you'll probably see a clip or something of CurioBOT's evil finally catching up with him.

Nah, I'll keep watching, I just want to whip the fuck out of Dez with a sock full of quarters for his character being enabled by everyone else and not getting dice'd to death. He'd be hard fucked in any situation if he starts trying to act like this where more than the immediate people around him can see, I'd love to see him try to pull his character shit where anyone else can hold him accountable to his actions. Under my table, if Erky makes it back alive, CurioBOT would immediately be sought for arrest at minimum when Erky gets back to the church for further healing and insists on testifying under Zone of Truth what he saw.

Early Adopter
I thought she said "collaborate with people" there. I don't think she was saying she doesn't want to collaborate with Pippa.
honestly, it sounds alike, ill edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom