"Do you guys think... the presidential conference has raids on?"S.S. Isa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
I'm still stun-locked by the 'something crazier than 3D' comment from Elira yesterday.

Maybe I'm just not thinking outside the box enough? Maybe the corporate sanitisation of the industry has dulled my expectations and prevented me from dreaming big?

All I can reasonably suggest is that they're either getting a concert or they'll be participating as part of one? Nijisanji usually have some species of paid music event in late spring/early summer, but as cool as that is, it's more 'expected' than 'crazy' that EN will get involved in concerts because their brand is too valuable to ignore.
I'm telling you it's a hololive off Collab *dragged away in strait jacket*

soap suds

I don't watch Elira much, does she have a history of just getting really hyped up about stuff? I mean, 3D events are very exciting and there's no reason not to jump with joy over it, but if it is something truly insane and off the wall then kudos to her and her peeps for being involved in it whatever it may be!
She can get excitable about things yes. Taking a cursory look at her alt will show you that she gets easily excited about things like Xenoblade being nominated and her favorite gacha character getting a rerun. She's never been so cryptic about things though, and this time it just seemed different. She sounded more like she couldn't believe this was an opportunity given to them and that this was something bigger.

I may just be looking into things a bit too much because of how excited I am for her lol.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Anycolour managed to stranglehold Konami into finishing a patch to complete Metal Gear Solid V and Lazulight are debuting as legendary mercenaries The Dragon, The Fairy and The Feesh for Punished Snake to fight, once again featuring the returned voice of David Hayter, in battles similar to the BB Corps of MGS4.
This is fake news, completely unrealistic and unfounded.

Obviously the real news is a collaboration with Wizard of the Coast in a cross promoting campaign using Vtuber run campaigns using a sneak peak of new context for their next 5e book series where they will flesh out everyone's Nijisanji EN gen's lore in such a way that it can be run at a tabletop RPG table near you. This will go just as well as the Critical Role and Rick and Morty books I'm sure. DND's year of the Vtuber will go very well and reflects exactly what DND players want, WOTC always does that.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
SORRY FOR POSTING SO MANY UPDATES BUT HOLY FUCKING SHIT:
1673133105006.png1673133487899.png1673133502003.png1673133739000.png1673133330870.png
CHASE IS LIKELY AN ANIMAL ABUSER AND MIGHT BE AN ACTUAL, LITERAL ANIMAL FUCKER.
(Thread
HERE)

Last edited:

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
By the way, can you make the thread on this guy as your post on the homelands sums it up rather well already.
Maybe. I've never made a thread on anything before though, so I'd be worried I'd fuck it up.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
I can't say I'd ever wear Hololive merch, especially in public. Must just not be for me.
I've worn my Coco shirts in public on occasion. And I've contemplated wearing my Watame Night Fever one since it's fairly tame, which also feels like it's more high quality and comfortable.

NEODAI-103721.jpg
77397880-7b1f-41d0-8f4c-d2c765f7556e_base_resized.jpg

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

thequ1eteye

Early Adopter

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Who's the first of Tempus DLC to debut?

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Kotoka and Elira both proceeded to the knockout stages of the Mahjong tournament and will play later.

Elira is against Kuzuha, Onoharu, and Chigusa.

Kotoka's group is Muyu, Rikiichi and Yorumi.

Kotoka proceeded by winning Group E, and Elira proceeded by being one of the highest-scoring non-winners. These are two brutal groups with no easy targets so it'll be huge if either of them are able to make it out.

Last edited:

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
HIRAGA/平賀 @_Hiragaa twitter says his location is Honduras so I guess the HoloES is real, I'm happy for the spanish vtuber fans I guess.

I'm incredibly excited for Hiraga as Hakka. I've been listening to his entire channel of dozens of covers the last few hours and honest to god every single one of them is a banger with incredible vocals. He's quite possibly the best male vocal pickup the entire company has ever had, and that's only slight hyperbole.
I'm listening to his covers as well and have to agree, if true this is the rocker HL singer I've been waiting for.

Last edited:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Sena and Nyanna collab

Edit: Woozie membered to Sena
Then a little later Tomoe and Beri join the bomb squad

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Local brit will be splatting and showing off her amiibos soon.

I tuned in at a random point, she was using Splash-o-matic.
:ewww:
I'll give the VOD a watch despite that. I'm enjoying her streaming Splatoon 3.
Kotoka and Elira both proceeded to the knockout stages of the Mahjong tournament and will play later.

Elira is against Kuzuha, Onoharu, and Chigusa.

Kotoka's group is Muyu, Rikiichi and Yorumi (Muyu POV because Kotoka usually makes a waiting room like 10 minutes before stream starts).

Kotoka proceeded by winning Group E, and Elira proceeded by being one of the highest-scoring non-winners. These are two brutal groups with no easy targets so it'll be huge if either of them are able to make it out.

As much as I would root for your gyaru Oshi she is against Yorumi and I am obligated to root for Yorumi.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
SORRY FOR POSTING SO MANY UPDATES BUT HOLY FUCKING SHIT:
View attachment 10048View attachment 10051View attachment 10052View attachment 10054View attachment 10053
CHASE IS LIKELY AN ANIMAL ABUSER AND MIGHT BE AN ACTUAL, LITERAL ANIMAL FUCKER.
imagine-my-shock-shocked.gif

Joker, Femboy, Ñ, Tits. In that order.
Part me me hopes Pips would do a Stars premier watchalong.

In the meantime, Fuyo is trying to build an Iron farm, and looks like Juna will be guerilla getting on the block game later tooy.

Mumberthrax

War Cleric of TVA
Early Adopter
So yeah, I'm still thinking about it all. If you have some ideas, please share!
I'm late but I prefer option 2. I like the colors and the name written in text. In lieu of that:

Fuck emojis. Fuck ASCII. Unicode supremacy. Also initialisms and column alingment:

Ᵽ PHC: Pippa did xyz
⟠ PRS: Pina played pqr
▷ HLO: Pink woman good
☆ HST: Some dude gets magged on
◷ NIJ: Giggle dragon giggles
♕ TSU: Sheep does a radical
ⓋVSH: virtual e-thot does a talent freedom
✡ JEW: gratuitous hand rubbing occurs
♨ FVR: Bread is baked and you will enjoy it
etc.

Spotted a Henri tweet replying to another vtuber related tweet. Checked out his twitter out of curiosity. Turns out he's doing a "villain arc" thing now.

Normally I wouldn't give attention to performative nonsense like this, but dammit, he made me laugh.
Imagine if Henry was not real. That he's a persona created to drive attention. It's an elaborate gayop and we all fell for it. ha ha. It was a trick guys, henry is one of us, or he's a pippa alt, and we all had a good time laughing and being distubed by his antics.
Wouldn't that be a relief? A nicer reality.
Re the Tenma/Pippa/PC "political" stuff, as far as PC being toxic to work with due to Pippa's shenanigans, let's make a list of agencies whose talent Pippa has collabed with on stream (so not counting Twitter interactions or that sort of thing):

- Tsunderia
- Idol Corp
- Cyberlive (pre-collapse)
- Kawaii

I'm probably forgetting one or two (Prism? Did she work with someone from Uwu pre-collapse?). Now I'm sure there are some corpos that have blacklisted her behind-the-scenes, but there's still plenty of others who don't seem to have a problem with her enough that she doesn't seem to be suffering for lack of collab opportunities.

So what's the difference with Tenma? Well, she has mostly collabed with fleshtubers, right? That might be the difference if these people she's trying to work with and being turned down by are fleshtubers. Those people operate in an entirely different sphere than these anime girls and, by virtue of both not playing a character and by showing their actual face, have to give more consideration to protecting their image, both metaphorically and literally. It's sad, but I don't necessarily blame them; they are in Rome and must do as the Romans do. And I presume Tenma would have just as many collab opportunities with other agency vtubers just as Pippa has had if she wanted that, but maybe that's not what she wants. Maybe she's not as in love with the hobby as Pippa is despite it being her job.

So it's a sad situation and I hope she finds a way to find happiness despite the toxic political environment in Western society limiting her options, but at the same time I can't really blame anyone in particular for this situation.
I wonder if it would be wise for vtubers to embrace the tao of Pekora: Reject collabs and all the baggage they carry; Embrace being entertaining.

I get that it's part of the numberfriending meta of online content stuff, just like being :talentfreedom: or lewd as azehara is wont to advocate.
and I enjoy collabs with entertainers I like independently, usually.
But something about the obsession with it seems unhealthy. IDK.
I get that it isn't fair that these retards don't want to associate with you because they don't want to be cancelled by their retard audience. I get that if you want to get those sweet sweet fishman numbers maybe you have to promote yourself. and I don't have a specific alternative solution. It still seems kind of gay for xoxogossipgirl chat about vtubers to be 90% collab bs discussion among fans, and if its a reflection of what is going on in the talents' own thoughts or private convos, it feels sad to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom