"She's talking to another man, she's a whore"Pipkin Pippa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul

Early Adopter
Thank god there is Subaru's birthday live coming up, I need some positiv vtuber distraction instead of this stuff. Nene felt that too and posted this:

Also have some nice origin art

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
The suffering of being born French

What a fucking whiner lmfao. WOE IS ME I WAS BORN IN ONE OF THE MOST DEVELOPED NATIONS ON EARTH AND AM BILINGUAL.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I think you mean "I guozz bogn in huann of ze most deevelopd nasshuns on ehtz and am beelingual"

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
What a fucking whiner lmfao. WOE IS ME I WAS BORN IN ONE OF THE MOST DEVELOPED NATIONS ON EARTH AND AM BILINGUAL.
From what I've seen of her she does have kind of a rough-ish french accent so maybe she is getting some negative feedback. Yuros are even worse about dialect shit than Americans are, Americans tend to have one accent they really either love or dislike which is southern redneck. In France and England especially from what I've heard, depending on what part of the country you're from, you're treated basically the same, like an inbred bumpkin, if you have an accent from one of the parts of the country that's still considered for the peasant classes.

Not defending Saruei, she could be making it all up, just playing devil's advocate

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Does anyone else ever feel like not watching vtubers play your favorite games?
I watched Yura from Prism Project play SMT V up until Lahmu without fusing anything I know there's no fusion runs but she was using the same handful of demons from the first map until the game essentially roadblocked her at Lahmu iirc. Kinda painful.
In contrast I feel less of an autistic need to backseat watching Meemaw and Erina play Splatoon 3 for the first time because they're obviously not going to know what the fuck a "sub strafe" is and why they should use it as a newbie. Or why the roller has its best kit ever in three games.
Apparently Miryu Kotofuji from kawaii is allowed to stream Persona 5 Royal until December (in-game). Timestamp to 1:12:45

Also we have precedent of Hana Macchia, she streamed Persona 4 Golden until the late game, and didn't monetise her streams. That was 2 years ago, I was hoping damn Atlus dinosaurs died since, but oh well. Her playthrough was great btw, if you have interest in Persona 4 Golden give her a shot!

Playlist on Youtube [P4G by Hana]

Subaru played through P4G fairly recently and streamed the Izanami fight and only cut footage of the epilogue. Maybe if Calli streams P5R she'll be allowed to show Marukino's boss fight.
The chat reflects the streamer

Also, Shiina has officially changed sides:

View attachment 5568
I am unfortunately going to have to denounce Shiina and stop being a butter cookie after baiting me thinking she was a based duck enjoyer.
Screenshot_20221119-122537_YouTube.jpg

I am now an Airi fan, she picked the superior duck.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
I am now an Airi fan, she picked the superior duck.
Let's not forget who's the most superior duck.

(Yes, pok pok is still doing these things. The gimmick has worn a little thin and I don't like it when he shops the vtuber's face into the video, but they're still good occasionally.)

EDIT:
By the way, since you like the duck I should tell you that Lumi also picked the duck (although she called it "the gay duck"). Not only that, but she set up a little animated duck companion for her model and gave it text-to-speech lines.

She takes it out at about 34 min 25 seconds.

Last edited:

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
Her accent isn't the worst female French I've heard, its pretty inoffensive for the most part.
As for the insults and memes, if she hates them so much just go to speech therapy. Only downside is the older you start speech therapy, the less it can modify your accent, ideally it would be done in childhood.
I had speech therapy as a kid, up until around 10 or 11 I had a pretty rough accent and trouble code switching from spending a lot of time with my Slavic extended family. Since it was done early, its completely gone now.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Honestly I find her accent kinda endearing, when we finally nuke France we should airlift her out first.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Edit - Tenmama must have some... Thoughts... on anime and it's consequences for society. I wonder what her account is on the homeland :smugpipi:
View attachment 5621
So... Tenma's Japanese mother, living in Japan, hates anime and is into western PC games.

There are what, singledigits worth of women like that in Japan?

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
So... Tenma's Japanese mother, living in Japan, hates anime and is into western PC games.

There are a decent amount of Japanese women thristing for westerners and consuming western culture.
Didn't Tenma also say one of the reasons why she learned english was because her family are translators?

Maybe we'll even find out she is a hapa.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter

To my understanding, many boomer-esque Japanese people don't like anime especially ones outside of the major cities like Tokyo. The normal perception of anime in Japan especially outside of the major cities is probably as bad or even more then the most typical "anime should be burned, 2 nukes wasn't enough." type of takes. Because anime is very commonly associated with actual otaku culture and not western otaku culture, which is effectively the same type of culture we'd apply to bums and dead weights who sit in their basement and do nothing.

So finding some 40-50 year old parent something who hates anime isn't that unusual.

The real honest tragedy of Vesper being suspended (unless he actually graduates) is that because of the two week delay, Game Freak has time to un-Besthesda their Pokemon game so the Tempus boys will miss the full experience of such master craft programming like the following.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

In some good news, Suisei's doing another 3D live tomorrow, an hour before Subaru's. Startend, Miko and Polka will be guests and it seems like it'll be more of a quiz show kinda stream. She's also gonna go into detail about her new album and her 2nd Solo Live in late January.

She finished recording for the album earlier today too. Comet woman hit the ground running after her surgery lol.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Shiina, and a lot of gen 2, are boring. They're low effort, low energy, fotm streamers.
I think they're all significantly better and higher effort then most Vtubers or streamers of similar size or greater (not counting the endless hobby/failed streamers). I guess I don't watch Rie or Erina that much though, so not sure about them. But even Rie leaves some memorable stuff with me even with only a few streams.
In Shiina's case the "Meemaw with a loli body" gimmick is stupid.
Okay, I'll give you this one. I love Shiina but I'm not so into memaaw and "butter cookies" and such. It makes me feel ANCIENT. I've also said I wish she was just a little bigger because IMO if you're not actually using "lewd Loli" you might as well just be slightly bigger and avoid loli altogether. I think her design is very attractive in her art though where she's just slightly more woman shaped. Anyways, it has very little to do with why I like to watch her streams.
shiinasmsamplepic.jpg
^I just mean like this, not a huge titty monster, just a little more woman shaped and less "giant head because I'm child".

Last edited:

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Unarchived boomer spider karaoke (for real this time, she asked her dad which songs he likes) in over an hour

I'm sure buckos of all origins will be archiving and so will I.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Unarchived boomer spider karaoke (for real this time, she asked her dad which songs he likes) in over an hour

I'm sure buckos of all origins will be archiving and so will I.

Is she a spider or a crab? I've seen people posting crabs in her chat and I thought maybe she's supposed to be a crab and the spider thing is a joke. Or maybe it's the other way around. Sometimes I get these things mixed up. Like for a while I thought Iroha was canonically a ninja, then I saw a clip that reminded me that she's a samurai and the ninja thing is a running joke.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Kiara and Fauna at Anime NYC:

Wawauna-exif-remove.jpeg
Fh8uCmqXkAA3yuT.jpeg
Fh8uFBDXEAEvXBg.jpeg

That low-poly Fauna model is new and also adorable.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Not my boy Vesper nooooooo. What a terrible day to wake up! I mean so are most or all others, but this too! Having skimmed it all though yeah I imagine it was something like the Zomboid server or him wanting to keep superchats off here and there. I remember during a member stream he said they SPECIFICALLY made a note that he was not even ALLOWED to turn them off after that one time where he panic turned them off because people kept going around the time monetization happened.

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure he blantantly said that member streams were sort of a management safe space and they couldn't really check the content nor do anything about him having supas off. ACTUALLY I think I recall him actually saying he would "just keep turning them off here and there, and for members streams because you kind of already paid to get in" until he got bonked or whatever despite having already been told he wasn't allowed to do so.

Fuck. I'd probably be autistic enough to go skim the videos for it, but damned if I remember what time frame that was in lol. That type of thing might count as "repeated behaviour" problems though I assume.

Lolibaba fox is suffering through SP again, and currently is confused about pronoun bullshit lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom