"DUMMY Thic = grammar ????? right????"Utatane Nasa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
RIOT Music just announced they terminated Saki Ashizawa due to breach of contract. Apparently, for VTubing under another account on the side.

Wow this is quite sudden, even trough I never watched her live-streams proper I have followed her on YouTube for a while do to her cover, of which she has a lot, so it suck its getting wiped seems she was clearly in the wrong a probably butt hurt about the non-compete clause and tried to set herself up to be able to transfer her fan base after graduation, I dont know mcuh about the rest of RIOT music but for I can see she was their biggest talent so this is a harsh blow to them.

Also in a related topic im still honestly surprised about Cover/Anycolor not having non-compete clauses in their contract, talk about how talents like Calli/Karen and Keeki/Kiara could just up and leave and take almost all their fans with them overnight like Coco/Kson did is quite common around vt, but I feel they dont feel the need since it give them goodwill with the talents and the fans, but if a couple of Chubas started leaving out the blue just so they can have all the fans wihtout sharing any of the SC I could see their hand being forced eventually.

edit: forgot to ask but does anyone have her alleged Alt Account? searched for a bit but can find anyone linking it.
Since there is not enough information I don't want to contribute to rrats but menhera might have something to do with it from Saki's side. It would be interesting to see if Brave Group/Unlimited will use another person for Saki's avatar considering this is a termination and not something they did stealthily like on Game-Bu and the first Domyoji Cocoa.

Also Alt account -> here <- if Riot Music doesn't plan to lawyer up and sue.

Don't forget MaiR's Shout My Live III tonight 8PM JST.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
I'm always impressed at Ames ability to restrain her gamer rage, this game she's playing now (Ultrakill) seems like it'd have had me Alt+F4ing a long time ago lol
If a massive fagretard like under the mayo can beat it, so can you. Get good.

On the other I feel like it gives too much power to the corpo in that they have control over a significant part of that person's career
Its riot tho, the will take the evil path more often than not

Kazuma

Early Adopter
I'm always impressed at Ames ability to restrain her gamer rage, this game she's playing now (Ultrakill) seems like it'd have had me Alt+F4ing a long time ago lol
Ame is holding it in and will release it during the Overwatch collab with Mumei and Selen.

(IiI_MmM_VvV_IiI_RrR_SsS)

'That is a small price for so great a treachery."
On the other I feel like it gives too much power to the corpo in that they have control over a significant part of that person's career, especially if there's an extended period it applies after they leave the company like I've seen in other entertainment-related non-competes. Being a successful streamer requires consistency otherwise the viewer engagement drops like a rock, so if they're contractually banned from streaming as a vtuber for a period of time after quitting it'll halt their momentum and cripple their chances going forward.
The return on investment makes sense, but the spirit of a non-compete is supposed to protect employers specifically from having proprietary information taken away. Developmental knowledge is what is supposed to be protected. In terms of talents such as this, it doesn't really slice that way and, as I think you are implying too, a bit predatory on the side of entertainment companies. It's like trying to tell an actor they can't take another part because the experience gained while working on your film was proprietary. Those kinds of contracts may very well exist, but I think anyone would call it ridiculous.
Still, she made mistakes/bad decisions and was obviously out-maneuvered. I genuinely hope her career continues though. It would be an absolute shame for us to lose her voice.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
It's still strange to me that vtubing continues to be dominated by corpos, honestly if i didn't know anything about the history of the medium i would just assume that it would've gone the way of regular streamers with basically everyone being independent if not in small friend groups. The ability the big 2 have of keeping the whole culture and medium under their sway is quite incredible, very few indies really stray from the path already carved out for them by the agencies.
I do understand this is in part due to the fans' expectations and creators wanting to deliver what is already popular but it's still strange to me that essentially all of the biggest names are corpo even after 5 years.

RiverBear

It's still strange to me that vtubing continues to be dominated by corpos, honestly if i didn't know anything about the history of the medium i would just assume that it would've gone the way of regular streamers with basically everyone being independent if not in small friend groups. The ability the big 2 have of keeping the whole culture and medium under their sway is quite incredible, very few indies really stray from the path already carved out for them by the agencies.
I do understand this is in part due to the fans' expectations and creators wanting to deliver what is already popular but it's still strange to me that essentially all of the biggest names are corpo even after 5 years.
Considering most Indies can't do shit without resorting to piss and penis jokes, I'm sort of happy that Vtubing is dominated by corpos.
Must help that corpos are better supported, whether it be by character design or projects, than what indies can do by themselves

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter

pekora.jpg
Damn they're really going all out with this. The model looks pretty good.

Also kick Vee.

Pippa's the mother of open-source vtubing

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter
Samurai, Dog gods, Duck girls.

Why are Japanese sporty women just the best?

Lesbian Solid Snake

Pettan Hag Supremacy
Also in a related topic im still honestly surprised about Cover/Anycolor not having non-compete clauses in their contract, talk about how talents like Calli/Karen and Keeki/Kiara could just up and leave and take almost all their fans with them overnight like Coco/Kson did is quite common around vt, but I feel they dont feel the need since it give them goodwill with the talents and the fans, but if a couple of Chubas started leaving out the blue just so they can have all the fans wihtout sharing any of the SC I could see their hand being forced eventually.
With how the DN situation turned out I'm convinced that a lot of vtuber fans don't want to know about their favorite chuubas PL or roommate even if they graduate. Coco went from streams with 30k viewers to 2k ad kson. Same as rusia/ Michael cat / nazuna. I can't say for certain whether leaving a corpo is better or worse for them financially but to my numberfag brain it seems like it would be. Also as an indie I would imagine it would be very difficult to get the same amount of support; technical, financial, or otherwise for projects like 3d lives, concerts, and merch.

MyName

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Nyanners, Veibae, and Silvervale all look like they have the exact same face.
They're slowly merging into an inferior version of Shylily.

AmpleChip

Do any archives of Pekora's pre-peko streams from Nico exist? I've only stumbled upon random clips and screenshots. I think she did cosplay content and cam streams with her face hidden?

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Because the corpos have to find ways to be entertaining outside of shit and cum jokes and hopping on every bandwagon. Most indies just follow the norm which never really works in their favor. Having limits like one would in Hololive means you have to use your brain in order to maintain your audience.

ippy

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter
despite all my rage im still just a FUCKING MONKEY.PNG
Jill update: Still alive... If you can even call this living.
jill if only you knew.png

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
I don't really believe that Miyu's gonna jump corpo, considering that, if what MornLurker summarized from her Member stream was true, then she really is just seeing Vtubing as a side-stuff, and that well.... if she already lose hope with ANYCOLOR over the merge of ID branch in the matter of creative differences, I'm not sure if her jumping to Cover would fix everything, and this on top of her being busy IRL.

Hell, even if she said that she's not sure whether she would continue being a vtuber again post-graduation, i'm leaning that she would choose not to.
Adding to this, her work requires her to travel between places sometimes to oversee their project directly. She cited that she could've gone full wfh but feels like it's still important to be directly involved overtime so if she still wanted to continue VTubing elsewhere, it most likely is just as an indie with less streaming frequency.
Although she sounded a bit unsure when asked about the possibility of VTubing in the future so there's that, she would've been an excellent addition for holo otherwise because her singing is one of the best among exID's

Since we are still kinda on the topic of Vshojo look at this retardation.

>hololive fans are cringe as hell
>this is why I got into vshojo

They were so close to figuring it out...

Last edited:

USS IOWA

Since we are still kinda on the topic of Vshojo look at this retardation.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
MaiR is on now. Currently singing Brave It Out, the first song that led me to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom