"YAGOO is best friend? No, YAGOO is... pet! YAGOO is animal friend... no, he is alien pet!"Shirakami Fubuki

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

Have you had your polmeds today?

Iroha has good taste in herself lemao. I love that Lap mercilessly ignored Chloe just so she could expose Iroha and then everyone else went along with it. Especially Koyori who had to immediately point out the most lewd detail. HoloX is based.

The artist herself saw that stream and reacted to it lol. She's also a cosplayer who started vtubing last year and seems pretty funny, though her stuff's more on the haram side. She likes Iroha a ton but is a huge fan of Marine and Noel too.

Last edited:

Elite Miko

Early Adopter
Tried go back and watch Gura's latest Sonic stream and it's been privated. Why? Did her pc shit the bed again?

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Tried go back and watch Gura's latest Sonic stream and it's been privated. Why? Did her pc shit the bed again?
I didn't get a chance to watch it but from what people ITT were saying her normal PC died so she had to use the same potato she debuted on which led to lots of scuff so she eventually turned it into an unarchived karaoke

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

Elite Miko

Early Adopter
I didn't get a chance to watch it but from what people ITT were saying her normal PC died so she had to use the same potato she debuted on which led to lots of scuff so she eventually turned it into an unarchived karaoke
Damn that would explain why her stream's quality have kinda shit.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
First time seeing Erina from Phase, and her speaking and voice really needs some work, it's very hard to understand her.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
First time seeing Erina from Phase, and her speaking and voice really needs some work, it's very hard to understand her.
This says a lot coming from the Pippa 'Fixer' :SelenHAHAhere:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Her voice is what filtered me early on. I really don't care for the exaggerated mommy voice, it feels overplayed.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
This says a lot coming from the Pippa 'Fixer' :SelenHAHAhere:
Pippa has a lovely lisp.

Her voice is what filtered me early on. I really don't care for the exaggerated mommy voice, it feels overplayed.
For me it's more that it's quiet and mumbly. When I first started listening when Pippa raided in, I thought she was speaking a different language and unless I'm listening to her directly I can hardly make out what she's saying. That's something that can be worked on, so it's not the end of the world, but it's definitely a big deal when the voice and annunciation is the primary job of the talent in this case.

angry sushi

Early Adopter
i hope this upload works properly, but its a tl;dr of her scuff.

Attachments

• Robosexualgoomba.mp4
    2.9 MB

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Someone ought to clip this for use as a reaction: (2:19:36)

TriviASMR. That's a new one on me.

Also, I’ll have to check out the MoomASMR later, she has done this trivia reading thing before, but that may have been a test-run members-only stream.
I caught about 2 minutes while I was on break, and she did the heartbeat thing for about 3 seconds. In common Mumei fashion, she then wondered how long people do that for, because the mic is heavy. Then she realized that she was probably supposed to bring herself to the mic instead of just holding it up in the air.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
R u teh gay?

Jk lmao but I think that might just be her normal speaking voice, because I can remember her getting mad at chat for the excessive mommy comments a while back. If it was a voice she put on she could have just stopped it by changing voice. I think it's like the inverse of how Shiinas natural comfortable speaking voice sounds higher pitched than her deeper customer service voice.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Holo-bound Miyu Ottavia (if their scouts actually know what they're doing)
I don't really believe that Miyu's gonna jump corpo, considering that, if what MornLurker summarized from her Member stream was true, then she really is just seeing Vtubing as a side-stuff, and that well.... if she already lose hope with ANYCOLOR over the merge of ID branch in the matter of creative differences, I'm not sure if her jumping to Cover would fix everything, and this on top of her being busy IRL.

Hell, even if she said that she's not sure whether she would continue being a vtuber again post-graduation, i'm leaning that she would choose not to.

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
Damn they're really going all out with this. The model looks pretty good.

Also kick Vee.

That's actually a pretty bang-up rigging job for 4 hours of shit-posting work.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
Nyanners, Veibae, and Silvervale all look like they have the exact same face.
I didn't notice until you pointed it out, but they really do look similar these days don't they? Silver should have either kept her second model or the first one that Amelia helped her with.

The artist herself saw that stream and reacted to it lol. She's also a cosplayer who started vtubing last year and seems pretty funny, though her stuff's more on the haram side. She likes Iroha a ton but is a huge fan of Marine and Noel too.

Damn that was extremely cute and funny (unironically, not in the 😭 way) and I'm going to look up more of her. Just from that one clip she seems like a lot of fun.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
RIOT Music just announced they terminated Saki Ashizawa due to breach of contract. Apparently, for VTubing under another account on the side.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
RIOT Music just announced they terminated Saki Ashizawa due to breach of contract. Apparently, for VTubing under another account on the side.

Wow this is quite sudden, even trough I never watched her live-streams proper I have followed her on YouTube for a while do to her cover, of which she has a lot, so it suck its getting wiped seems she was clearly in the wrong a probably butt hurt about the non-compete clause and tried to set herself up to be able to transfer her fan base after graduation, I dont know mcuh about the rest of RIOT music but for I can see she was their biggest talent so this is a harsh blow to them.

Also in a related topic im still honestly surprised about Cover/Anycolor not having non-compete clauses in their contract, talk about how talents like Calli/Karen and Keeki/Kiara could just up and leave and take almost all their fans with them overnight like Coco/Kson did is quite common around vt, but I feel they dont feel the need since it give them goodwill with the talents and the fans, but if a couple of Chubas started leaving out the blue just so they can have all the fans wihtout sharing any of the SC I could see their hand being forced eventually.

edit: forgot to ask but does anyone have her alleged Alt Account? searched for a bit but can find anyone linking it.

edit2:
I'm biased because I really like Saki, but I am very skeptical of these non-compete clauses with regards to VTubing. It just seems really shaky when these talents are essentially high-functioning VAs.
I see where you are coming from, and I sorta agree, my point is currently this weird power dynamic between talents and corpos in which corporations basically hold hostage the whole identity of a talent, everything they produce, their looks and even their name, for a corpo chuba getting fired would mean basically loosing years of their life on the internet, like you didn't exist for a chunk of time there, to counter this we obviously see chubas try to build a brand and fanbase outside of their corpo identity, but also the talents are different than VA in which a character always ends with them, holding the right to the character is basically useless to the company after they VA graduates since they cant just recast it, this make so a chuba could theoretically join a corp just to get their name out there, wink wink their fans toward the roomate and then bail out ASAP, having just wasted a bunch of money the company cant recoup in any way, this obviously hasn't happen yet but 1 or 2 girls getting greedy in the future could really change Cover/Anycolor stance overnight.

Last edited:

(IiI_MmM_VvV_IiI_RrR_SsS)

'That is a small price for so great a treachery."
Wow this is quite sudden, even trough I never watched her live-streams proper I have followed her on YouTube for a while do to her cover, of which she has a lot, so it suck its getting wiped seems she was clearly in the wrong a probably butt hurt about the non-compete clause and tried to set herself up to be able to transfer her fan base after graduation, I dont know mcuh about the rest of RIOT music but for I can see she was their biggest talent so this is a harsh blow to them.

Also in a related topic im still honestly surprised about Cover/Anycolor not having non-compete clauses in their contract, talk about how talents like Calli/Karen and Keeki/Kiara could just up and leave and take almost all their fans with them overnight like Coco/Kson did is quite common around vt, but I feel they dont feel the need since it give them goodwill with the talents and the fans, but if a couple of Chubas starting leaving out the blue just so they can have all the fans wihtout sharing any of the SC I could see their hand being forced eventually.
I'm biased because I really like Saki, but I am very skeptical of these non-compete clauses with regards to VTubing. It just seems really shaky when these talents are essentially high-functioning VAs.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
I'm always impressed at Ames ability to restrain her gamer rage, this game she's playing now (Ultrakill) seems like it'd have had me Alt+F4ing a long time ago lol

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

It's one thing to have a roommate persona elsewhere but straight-up using material the corpo gave them is fucking retarded.

Also in a related topic im still honestly surprised about Cover/Anycolor not having non-compete clauses in their contract, talk about how talents like Calli/Karen and Keeki/Kiara could just up and leave and take almost all their fans with them overnight like Coco/Kson did is quite common around vt, but I feel they dont feel the need since it give them goodwill with the talents and the fans, but if a couple of Chubas starting leaving out the blue just so they can have all the fans wihtout sharing any of the SC I could see their hand being forced eventually.
The non-compete clauses would only cover directly competing media, which in this case would be vtuber videos and livestreams. I would also assume some talents negotiate the specific terms of their contracts before signing which might've been why Kson had leeway back in the day.

On one hand I get it because corpos invest time and money into promoting the talent so they're naturally going to want a return on that investment, rather than the talent luring their audience over to another account and cutting the corpo out of the picture.

On the other I feel like it gives too much power to the corpo in that they have control over a significant part of that person's career, especially if there's an extended period it applies after they leave the company like I've seen in other entertainment-related non-competes. Being a successful streamer requires consistency otherwise the viewer engagement drops like a rock, so if they're contractually banned from streaming as a vtuber for a period of time after quitting it'll halt their momentum and cripple their chances going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom