"I don't know much, but for the time being I'll just do my best with POWER!!! Also, I'm an earth-loving earthling! #pleaseshare #Vtuber #earth&terra"Oozora Subaru (her first ever tweet)

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul

Early Adopter
Very smooth animation of a true jakin jakin samurai

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty
As you can see the wild Pomu engages in a battle with its rival the Luca.

This man wrote a fucking essay with like 3 SCs. It sounds bit schizo to me. Also Kronii doesn’t need a big dumpy, she already has big booba and thats enough for me.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Papa Pako leaving the Dingo in the dust

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Someone please have a relationship with this blue bear, her biological clock is about to break from ringing so hard.
View attachment 4901
On one hand, home owners insurance premium goes way up as soon as they realize who she is. On the other, Trash Bear is pretty top-tier among a hypothetical vtuber waifu.

Imagine telling your kids about how cringe mom is, and seeing her physically implode. lmao

But again. There's no way she's not fucking burning at least part of the house down out of sheer kitchen incompetence, so.. y'know.

You have my interest. Please continue your proposal on how I "can fix" her. Very interested in ideas on how I can teach a sad, horby, lonely blue bear to make rice, not burn water, and how to eat cereal with milk.

In PowerWash Simulator.

Michiru had her birthday stream earlier.

Happy birthday, Big Hat Michi, you weirdo. Lots of quality Michiru giggling and assorted weirdo voices.

Last edited:

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
I'm crossposting a general Shiina past life megapost from the homeland so I don't lose it in case it ever shits the bed again.

:incoming:

Well, first off I want to make 3 things clear:
1- This is all surface level, even tho I extended my search outside the farms, like I previously said. All the KF posts I used as a source will be listed at the end.
2- This can very well be a wiki page and not belong in the farms AT ALL.
3- I'm aware I may be power leveling a bit too much, and also borderline autistic. (edit 11/10/22: Definetly autistic )

Also, thanks to Reningen Reinigen (who is not on the Asylum, at least with that handle), as they were able to source most of the tweets from the locked account. @reinigen

Amanogawa Shiina is part of the 2nd Generation of Phase Connect (Alias), but first appeared in this thread as the indie JP/EN Dumpling (Sawashiro) Shirara (2020-2022). "The little indie that could" -Bageldon
Socials: Twitch, Twitter, Tiktok, Reddit (10 year account btw).
Twitchtracker page -
ndnumh.png

As Shirara, she debuted around october 2020 and streamed exclusively on twitch, with a model she illustrated and rigged herself. During her time as shirara, she managed to get between 60-100 viewers, while streaming 5 days a week and looked pretty active on social media.

On July 17th 2021, she debuted a new redesigned model with a more loli-like appearance, to some backlash about how she now looked more childlike and not "womanly shaped".

RE: Avatar design - She was no stranger to controversy during her time streaming. The biggest thing is she would get targeted by the usual Twitter mob for her model whenever those waves of harrassment were going around despite the fact she herself is a tiny asian IRL. She eventually did end up body posting to try and shut them up.
uhu4sj.png

0s1m9d.png

lh53js.png

u43ii1.png

She even ended up posting her IRL picture today to prove that she's tiny and rail thin so the mongs who shame her for having a thin/loli looking character don't target her for 'sexualising minors'.
(Looks like she's used to controversy regarding her avatar's body shape and age)
t65w3g.png

ob73h8.png

"Off with their heads" arc

When Calli premiered her song "Off with their heads" she got the Thread's attention as one of the many indies that took offense with the song's lyrics and trying to justify her shortcomings. A short time later she flipped perspectives and took the song as a challenge and a catalyst to improve her content and herself (tweet capture).
As a footnote about this, unlike MANY Envytubers, she was always vocal about her respect for Calli as an artist and merely referred to pointing out her issues with the lack of support (corpo vs indie)

lbhz49.png

jsm266.png

axrjhy.png

0kdkxd.png

hd9l2t.png

n0ycc6.png

xvrf4x.png

nl1ui1.jpg

/HERE/ phase

She would frequent the /wvt/(western vtuber) thread in /thrash/. She'd tweet things that sounded normal but would act as confirmation that she was posting. Later, during the spooki incident, she decided she was done with the place and stopped engaging.

vw11q7.png

foacql.png

1cmsl4.png

17k2ru.png

n7ekuj.png
eveq7s.png

oij04k.png

gcmagd.png

Yokomeshi Vtuber group

At some point in october 2021, she joined the indie vtuber group Yokomeshi (twitter, archive), sharing a space with other KF familiar Vtubers, like Koopa and BatAtVideoGames. The group still exists today, although with different members, but the twitter page and YT clip channel (archive) still have some of Shirara's illustrations.

a01tw0.png

BF and SpookiVT harassment arc

It's unknown to me when did this happen, but she yabbed on stream (pic) and had to come forward and admitted she had a boyfriend. She then came forward publicly about it because of a harasment claim around october 2021 (twitter thread archive). The harasser was another vtuber known as SpookiVT (who was namedropped a few pages ago, and also resurfaced when Shiina's past life was being theorized on /vt/), I´ll just quote the original post from this thread:

This is in relation to the /pcg/ - Phase Connect General - thread on /vt/. In it, people have been causing drama because one of the newly premiered Gen 2 Talents is presumed to be a former indie named Shirara who A) accidentally let slip she has a boyfriend and poorly tried to cover it. And also B) got stalked/harrassed by autist who she treated with professional courtesy as he was a vTuber as well, but seemed that he 'developed feelings' for her. The context is they (autist and Shirara) would chat and be standard weeby back and forth, and both said 'flirty' things at points. He seemed to be the initial instigator of the flirting as well from evidence HE provided. But in that evidence as well is her saying to him (a direct quote) "I flirt furiously but romancing is off limits and I know you know that..."

This guy seemed to be a creep toward a few other vTubers in the indie scene as well.
kgnik0.png

During this time she seemed to gain a dedicated anti that'd shit up the thread regularly with a copypastar regarding the boyfriend slip up. Looks like all of this precipitated her fucking out of /wvt/, and (IMHO, along with IRL stuff) kicked off her sad girl phase.

Final hiatus and graduation

As per Reinigen's post, she went on hiatus on December 2021.
On January 2022 she announced she'd be graduating on Febraury 2nd (reddit, pic), and people like Lumi and Lia (now her senpais in Phase Connect) replied to the tweet. (tweet, pic)

um2h8d.png

As of today, she still has a Illustrator twiter account (archive), where she is followed by Lumi, with just one tweet.

Here's a highlight reel of her streams
archive

Personal Life and time before Phase Connect
Regarding the person behind Shiina/Shirara, there were some details she shared before joining Phase, not all of these can be backed up with documentation since they are recollections.

General and Family
  • Family group is supposedly comprised of Amanomama, Mother's boyfriend, Sister (EMT) and Granparents (both dead)
  • Lives in SoCal but has family in Canada.
  • Was homeless during her school years, living in her mother's car.
  • Had a glow up arc after being bullied for being ugly (probably because of being homeless?). Proceeded to tell how the bullies were trying to score with her after.
  • Got doxxed by one of said bullies after she declined him
  • 2021 has been "the worst year of her life"
  • She was very close with her Grandfather and Grandmother, who also seemed to act as the family's Matriarch, practically raising her.
  • Grandma's health declined in mid 2021 and she temporally moved back to Canada to help take care of her, going on hiatus. Grandma ultimately died shortly after she moved, but she decided to stay ther for a while. She was hamstrung by a subpar streaming set up for a while. They didn't even have enough room for her to live with the family so she was stuck in a camper the entire time.
    • This is probably when the made the BF goof.
    • Her 2nd model redebut got pushed back further that what she'd like and added to the stress
  • When she moved back to SoCal and debuted her new model, her grampa's health declined and she moved back to Canada again. (This happened right before the Spooki Harassment Arc)
  • She apparently had a rather prolific and successful job as a resin artist. Making cutesy stuff like this. She apparently had to quit the occupation cold turkey however as the fumes from the resin had REALLY bad health effects on her. I presume she didn't live in a place that would give her the proper ventilation necessary to do the work.
  • wanted to become a Kpop idol, the same as Airi and Lumi. She even went to casting calls and got cut on the final round. Could probably be where she met Airi. - pic from shirara twitter. She talked about it on today's stream
  • Played competitive Yu-Gi-Oh roughly 8 years agon (and has made a shitton of Duel Masters streams recently)
  • Claims she did modelling work for chink websites (can't for the life of me remember which names she said)
  • Has a shotgun, doesn't particularly care about brands and that stuff
  • Proficient with handguns, went to the shooting range pretty often. Refuses to talk more about guns because "it might get too political" and doesn't want the heat.
  • Had a menhera arc after leaving Tesla (because of extreme burnout and family matters)
  • Chose to hit the gym instead of harming herself during her menhera arc.
  • Amanomama was her "trainer", and also is "always watching" her streams.
  • Star Trek fan (subject came out because she made a joke about her mother being bald like Cpt. Picard)
  • told she knows Airi for about 10 years before Phase Connect (as per her Chibi drawing stream -link)
  • Ina is her Oshi and has a deep admiration for Tenma.
  • suffered from back pain and carpal tunnel syndrome nearing the end of her run as shirara because of the high volume of commisions she was working on.
  • also made commisions for sakana during this time and when she mentioned him her health issues (commision related), fishman sent her a top of the line tablet easel.
  • claims not wanting to power level too much because it puts her on a bad place mentally, and that she's on therapy
  • shared she was a violinist for a time but practicing 4 hours everyday burned her out. She plans on picking it up again.
  • likes Chopin and keeps tabs on the International Chopin Piano Competition.

Health stuff:
  • Genetic predisposition for heart problems. Born with a Heart Murmur and has constant blodd pressure fluctuations.
  • Dubbed herself a menhera and a sad girl, having dealt with alcohol and smoking problems in the past. She's also said she now has a healthier lifestyle and excercizes regularly.
  • Has Pipkin
  • She was keeping herself healthy with excercise and all that
  • Felt weird while playing Dark Souls so she made an appointment. The doctor told to cut back on malding games because it's gonna kill her.
  • Suspects she's on the spectrum, got told to get some tests too.
  • Amanomama's very ill, going thru chemo, and it's supposedly a chronic thing? (this girl can't catch a break with the health related stuff, also I find ironic how cancer is so prevalent in her family but she loves Crabs.)
  • BPM dropped too low even during horror games (bradychardia?), Lactose Intolerant, back pain, carpal tunnel, etc.
  • Regular food related problems, has a very restricted approved foods list.

Work related stuff
  • She worked at Tesla as a Technical Writer Data Analyst until some point in mid-2021, probably around the time the Grandma situation developed. Regarding her tech knowledge - pic EDIT: she slipped up on stream (11-20-22) and said it herself, local audio cut courtesy of PassiveUnaggressive - Link to post
  • Was overworked and underpayed as a leader for a team of 30ish people @ (supposedly) tesla. On top of that, her team was some sort of "last chance" for underperforming employees, so she had to bend over backwards to try and manage people to be productive and help them keep their job.
  • Had to fire one of her closest work-friends, since she didn't manage to improve her friend's performance.
  • She tried to escalate the corporate ladder (going so far as going to social meetings and try to extract info from drunk bosses).
  • Tesla job fucked up her health and had a serius high blood pressure episode, leaving her with hypertension.
  • She ended up quitting when she was asked "When is your grandma going to die? Because we need you back at work." while nursing her grandma back in canada

Interactions with Phase members

She did have interactions with Phase talent before she joined them. Most notably Pippa and Lumi while she was still with Cyberlive
Pippa. As Shiina, she openly praises Pippa as someone that can be relied on for support (and claims she has pipkin) and shared that she bonded with Lumi around the Kpop Idol auditions.

egkats.png

okjhjd.png

y3yn12.png

504mud.png

hz434w.png

2tct37.png

3mp00h.png

6y7wy2.png

Present Day

Pretty much all of Gen 2 confirmed their debuts were delayed roughly 7 months ("being locked up in sakana's basement") and that has put many of them in a tight financial situation
After debuting as shiina, she's mostly focused on Zatsu streams and Soulsborne games, although she recently picked up YuGiOh Duel Masters again and got hooked up again. Has released a handful of covers (although she's said she's working on many more) and has been pretty busy doing work for Sakana in the background. Nost of the art for her covers has been done by her, and the transitions Phase ALiAS members are using up until know was also made by her when a commision didn't pan out.
She's pretty active on twitter with her community and has no tolerance for out of line fans, going so far to even call them out by name on stream. This is mainly produced by unsolicited backseating (classic on soulsborne games).
As before, she makes no apologies about her model, she even pushed the envelope a bit regarding the design (despite prior assumptions that she was kinda taken aback). She was the reason of the KF censor bar, and even used an avatar with it in a minecraft collab with pippa (although she did say she didn't want to engage with KF, and the skin was given to her by pippa)
w768km.png
p3r8xq.png

To close all of this spergery, there's a body pic from the homeland, but no facedox.

v8l7rq.jpg

:tmi::medsmoremeds:

Last edited:

Clown Penis

Early Adopter

You know, one thing I thought weird was the scaling of things in the background. She's 5'1" and petite. Is she in a bedroom for ants?

If this was her younger sister (5'7" IIRC), the sense of scale seems better. Or somehow, even her closet/closet door, clothes hangers, and laundry baskets are smol.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Local beastwoman playing Deus Ex again

And Temna playing some more TF2

Shiina's model isn't loli anymore it's literally just what she looks like IRL
DINOvember Part 2

Kennasaur

View attachment 4742

Her model is way too overdesigned but still very cute and fairly expressive, and you really don't notice all the extra bits and bobs when she is streaming from the bust up. I especially like the eyes with their dinosaur footprint pupils and the little dinosaur in her pocket. She also has the most customizable model I have ever seen with the amount of accessories she has including; two hats, a hood, sunglasses which can be worn both on her forehead and over her eyes, a drumstick, an ice cream cone, multpile hairstyles and probably a bunch of other stuff I can't remember right now, and that's without mentioning her two or three additional models. As for her herself she is pretty soft spoken, almost too much so, which makes her pleasant to listen to, though I tend to watch streams as white noise while I do other things so its not especially suited for me. I also can't speak much about her content as she seems to mostly be a LoL streamer which is not to my specific taste.

Saurawr

View attachment 4743
(artstyle looks familiar, do we know other chuubas drawn by miuyuwi?)

This one is a special case as she is technically still predebut and streams as a png while raising money to commission a model. She doesn't talk much and waits for someone to enter her chat before she starts speaking beyond mumbling to herself in Polish, though, because her chat is so small and seems to be made of people who know her in some capacity she is fairly engaged once chat picks up and I find her voice very nice to listen to. Despite all this, I like her because she really seems to be dedicated to helping out other small indies while promoting herself as an animator and graphic artist, rather than giving into the crab bucket mentality that plagues most predebuts and never debuts. She has a website where people can commission her for overlays, intro animations, schedule graphics, thumbnails etc. https://saurawr.uwu.ai/#commissions. She only just started streaming less than a month ago so she hasn't really found her footing yet but half of her streams so far are her working on the intro animation for miuyuwi, her art momma, which I think is pretty cool. Hopefully she gets to debut properly soon, I like her so far.

Redclaw

View attachment 4745

Another male vtuber. Unlike the other two in this entry, this guy seems to really go with the dinosaur theme, with his notifications being clips from Land Before Time and other dinosaur movies. He also draws dinosaurs, in addition to other vtuber models, and I believe he made his own model himself. He has multiple models; the main Tyrannosaur model, a human model, and one made to look like Baby Sinclaire from Jim Henson's Dinosaurs and he changes his voice both naturally and with effects for each model. I wouldn't really say he's for me though, his voice sounds like Nux but switches between being more Jewish or British and his whole vibe is very "Twitch", for lack of a better term. You know, a lot of group collabs and overly friendliness. Not manipulative, just maybe artificial, but that's just my impression, I could be completely wrong, I'm not a collab guy.

See you guys next week where I struggle to find three more dinosaur themed vtubers. Seriously, there are very few that haven't quit or graduated after a couple of months or are so obscure that they don't show up in search results.

Unrelated to DINOvember:

So, that metal reviewer I mentioned a few posts back is apparently aware of Pippa: THE JIUB KNOWS

Also Daddy Jim is streaming: https://odysee.com/@morningswithmetokur:0/ElectionNightUntilImBored:7
Thanks to Dame Pesos for making me aware of this.

You're doing God's work, son.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter

[/SPOILER
Man I remember the whole head circle test joke we had back on the ancestral site, and Shiina failed the test and is considered a child lmao

Also on a real note, we need more history of a vtuber post like this one on the site. Where it's one big post about a vtuber and their notable history and roommate stuff.

Keep it in a separate thread to look at and easy to view without having to dig through pages in main thread for it. Those that wanna discuss about it can quote it and make a post here in main thread of what they wanna discuss about it.

Make well for coexisting the two things together.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
Anyone know where I can get an archive of Kiara's LOTR watchalongs? The only one I can find on nyaa has only one seed.
just checked holoPirates but they dont have those.
I guess you are out of luck, unless you want to become an ARS-tier membership femboy
The watchalongs are pretty great tho, Kiara is very autistic when it comes to LOTR

Edit: Oh, this wordfilter is funny
Clip Tax:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

Clown Penis

Early Adopter
Why an earth was this?
We never got a clear answer. Lot of vague references to delays, as I recall. I know we had rrats about delays because of one or more of the girls having stuff going on (Panko is a Spaghetti, not Ukrainian). I've also seen rrats suggesting the delays came from unexpected (technical, etc.) issues with Remi (Malaysia?), Erina (Philippines) and Rie (Australia and... some part of West Taiwan?).

Last edited:

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Someone please have a relationship with this blue bear, her biological clock is about to break from ringing so hard.

Understood, I'll get right on that. The things I do for anonymous strangers on the internet.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter

Clock lady noticed @Depressed Nousagi's rating.

This just in; Ame's fan discord has banned any and all mentions of Kronii.

(and to be clear, she was reading a superchat, she didn't necessarily see the list herself)

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
You have my interest. Please continue your proposal on how I "can fix" her. Very interested in ideas on how I can teach a sad, horby, lonely blue bear to make rice, not burn water, and how to eat cereal with milk.

Understood, I'll get right on that. The things I do for anonymous strangers on the internet.
smh at dudes getting blue balls for blue bear.

Oh, fixing Pippa is crazy, but making a decent woman out of Uruka? That's just fiiiiine.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Oh, fixing Pippa is crazy, but making a decent woman out of Uruka? That's just fiiiiine.

Counterpoint; Uruka has a sexier voice. And isn't married to a groomer.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Amiya is going to play some more Neo Geo games

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Kaela just came out to declare that prior to debutting, Kronii was her oshi.

:kanani:

Two minuscule asian women with deep voices, their avatars representing long legged anime characters, divided by an ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom