"Don't do this to me. I know you guys are doing this to me, because you have hand fetish! You care about my hands and my sweat because you guys have... hands and sweat fetish!"Anya Melfissa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
I can't imagine caring about a vtuber's design for more than five seconds., let alone making a tier list about it. Would anyone stop watching their favourite vtuber if they got a complete redesign?
Depends, what model is Pikamee using?

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Can you post some of the outfits in question so I can spend that five seconds comparing the two?
:lolwat:
1668076041073.png

1668075809815.png

1668075769251.png

1668075858808.png

1668075929218.png

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Also, way more wholesome. Who wants to hire a dude that will likely just shit on your game rather than play it and at least try to enjoy it?
Arin's Sonic Ambassador status was something of a minor controversy in the community too, because not only is Arin the sort of bandwagoner who will shit on a Sonic game regardless of merit for content, he's actually one of the people responsible for making it a bandwagon in the first place.
Also Grumps as a brand has been dying a long death for years now. All of the talent that made them successful post-Jon has abandoned ship and are now their own personalities - just look at what RubberRoss has been doing with his Bounce SMP Minecraft server for example. Arin's personality has degraded into the most obnoxious sort of fake-react content and toilet humour. Dan was interesting but has been around long enough that he's ran out of stories to tell and while he's quite witty, Arin typically wipes his ass with any jokes he tries to set up and he's been blatantly checked out and just collecting a wage for ages now. They've just got no engagement with modern audiences these days.

tl;dr Jon won and Sonic OC Korone was a stroke of cute genius

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Leaflit Birthday stream

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Re: voices
I see a number of thread users prefer deeper voices and have "too high" as a dealbreaker, which isn't surprising considering the Vtubers I see posted.

I know someone who disliked J-pop - again, "too high" - but she liked Gura and Suisei's singing. Not Moona though, which I thought was odd. That's probably because of the songs I picked and Moona's technique for that specific song.

I'll listen to nearly anyone. I do like voices that have unusual cadences or range, like Gura and Sakamata. The only one I'd prefer to speak with a lower pitch is Haachama, but I still watch her. I probably can't watch Shondo other than through clips, but I'm not invested to begin with.

There are (or were) vocal quirks I dislike in people I watch. One of these was Kaela's equivalent of "humu humu" which she used much more often early on. To me it sounded unnaturally deep and more like a soundboard effect. Another one is Lui's nasally rasp, which is strange because I also love it in her speaking and singing. The only way I can (poorly) describe what I dislike about it is that she doesn't have full control over it during her karaokes.

More responses always welcome.

Rio put on a really good show, expecting the same from Gamma. A fun tidbit is that in a stream before the 3D live the same Japanese anti that made Miko cry superchatted Rio complaining about his 3D timeslot taking up too much attention away from the SportFest.
Gamma is not the worst singer, but he... certainly substitutes enthusiasm for pitch. Here he is in the recording karaoke totsu that Ollie did for her birthday. I predict he'll have more acts planned besides singing.

Axel adds subs to bad end night

Nice to see. I'm sure it's a hard song to sub, and it may be something wrong on my end, but the timing on the subs is off, unfortunately.

Dr. Sakura and Dr. Hoshimachi will see you now.

Botan is having a drinking stream. I hope this isn't an omen. She seems fine so far.

Last edited:

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Calli, please. You disappoint your ancestors.

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter

Man is genuinely out of his mind...

I can't imagine caring about a vtuber's design for more than five seconds., let alone making a tier list about it. Would anyone stop watching their favourite vtuber if they got a complete redesign?
Man's gotta eat and has to do clickbait/ragebait content on one of the most autistic audience online in order to get some engagement on his video.

That being said, people who make tier lists are faggots and don't deserve human rights. That includes you @Depressed Nousagi. :pathetic:

pururun

Games that came before like shadow the hedgehog that were setup, series has been becoming stale and shitty, sega literally had no idea what to do to the series so much they gave hedgehog a gun. 06 itself is a punchline. Games after are sega repeating the same joke, games that are so shit and forgettable you actually forget about them right after you play. Google how many games there are on wii. "Sonic has always been bad" is not exxageration, its a fact and it mirrors the history of sega itself. Promising start with sega genesis games, lack of direction with sega 32x and cd games, last bang with dreamcast and adventure series, failure and mediocrity with everything that came after. And all because of japanese bureaucracy
American hands typed this post.
Jokes aside, Sega had a lot of brilliant games and ideas throughout its life as a console maker. Phantasy Star, Outrun, Sakura Wars, Virtua Fighter, the list goes on. Heck, the Yakuza series got started after they stopped doing their own consoles. The Saturn was a great console too that got screwed over in the States not because of the Japanese side, but because Sega America was full of incompetent fools who thought they could do better. There's a reason that Sonic Spinball was made as basically a distraction for the Americans while the Japanese Sonic team made a real game.

masterstocking

Early Adopter

God, Asians are such lightweight drunks. It's hilarious.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
I see a number of thread users prefer deeper voices and have "too high" as a dealbreaker, which isn't surprising considering the Vtubers I see posted.

I know someone who disliked J-pop - again, "too high" - but she liked Gura and Suisei's singing. Not Moona though, which I thought was odd. That's probably because of the songs I picked and Moona's technique for that specific song.

I'll listen to nearly anyone. I do like voices that have unusual cadences or range, like Gura and Sakamata. The only one I'd prefer to speak with a lower pitch is Haachama, but I still watch her. I probably can't watch Shondo other than through clips, but I'm not invested to begin with.

There are (or were) vocal quirks I dislike in people I watch. One of these was Kaela's equivalent of "humu humu" which she used much more often early on. To me it sounded unnaturally deep and more like a soundboard effect. Another one is Lui's nasally rasp, which is strange because I also love it in her speaking and singing. The only way I can (poorly) describe what I dislike about it is that she doesn't have full control over it during her karaokes.

More responses always welcome.

Gamma is not the worst singer, but he... certainly substitutes enthusiasm for pitch. Here he is in the recording karaoke totsu that Ollie did for her birthday. I predict he'll have more acts planned besides singing.

Nice to see. I'm sure it's a hard song to sub, and it may be something wrong on my end, but the timing on the subs is off, unfortunately.

Dr. Sakura and Dr. Hoshimachi will see you now.

Botan is having a drinking stream. I hope this isn't an omen. She seems fine so far.

Wait didn't someone many pages back say Botan has liver problems?
And she's doing drinking streams?

masterstocking

Early Adopter

She has mentioned in the past that she doesn't drink and her liver is quite sensitive. Odd that she would push her liver like that...she seems well aware of the risks.

gregeoryL

Tulpa
Early Adopter
I thought she didn't drink because of medical problems. Like at all. And then she just recently had some complication where she stopped streaming.

Did she get some really bad news during her last doctor visit that made her just say fuck it?

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Got it, you're right. Clip is sped up for time & filespace.
Start of the clip is her talking about how Sakana is still unironically upset about Kson ratioing him, which is equally interesting.
View attachment 4841

Also wtf, Shiina confirmed some of her VTuber friends have been Swatted?
View attachment 4840
Rrat: Kevin's bugman heritage is the catalyst over him being salty towards Kson and he abuses sad girls in various retarded ways for a living in order to cope

Also, if Shiina was Dumpling Shirara then she was pretty much at the front seat of a fuckton of petty indie drama, she was one of the few who didnt immediatly call for blood if it was a stupid argument or not serious enough

This alone and her design was enough to get a bunch of very low tier but seemingly persistent antis, so it wouldnt suprise me if she has heard or seen some shit

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Kaela does this thing where she separated her (very limited) high pitched coomer voice in to a different character "ckia" and only uses it sporadically or in members-only streams.

She has mentioned in the past that she doesn't drink and her liver is quite sensitive. Odd that she would push her liver like that...she seems well aware of the risks.

It could be non-alcoholic fatty liver

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Liver problems as discussed, and according to an older post from @Tatsunoko in the homeland, a family history of alcoholism.

I thought she didn't drink because of medical problems. Like at all. And then she just recently had some complication where she stopped streaming.

Did she get some really bad news during her last doctor visit that made her just say fuck it?
In the clip with her overdramatic doctor she did say her father said he'd rather die than quit smoking, so... I hope she's fine and we're just spinning rrats.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Unfortunately I can't speak or read moonspeak but maybe it's a gag or something and she's drinking non-alcoholic something or other? I know there are a variety of drinks like cider etc that can be bought non alcoholic and are somewhat better than the non alcy beer.

masterstocking

Early Adopter
Unfortunately I can't speak or read moonspeak but maybe it's a gag or something and she's drinking non-alcoholic something or other? I know there are a variety of drinks like cider etc that can be bought non alcoholic and are somewhat better than the non alcy beer.

From the stream comments, it seems that she was drinking alcohol and was a bit drunk.

RyanSapling

I was watching Bae's stream of Taiko from earlier, and while amusing, was about the quality of play that I expected. So I was wondering, are there any english speaking vtubers who are at least competent at rhythm games, and who also play them regularly?

I know a lot of the holos have played them at some point or another, and I know Gura really likes them. But whenever I see anyone play them, it's just one-offs. Are there anyone who does something like playing Project Sekai with viewers? I imagine that could be pretty fun for member streams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom