"Sakana walked up behind me right when I said 'I can smell pedophiles' and Sakana just walked away"Kaminari Clara

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Since we had talk a while ago about tranny voices, Rio's voice complex (and men who can voice women and sing like women), Zeta, Gura and Fauna's voices, and speech analysis of habits which Pippa and IRyS have - thread survey time. What do you look for in a Vtuber's voice or other vocal characteristics? Edit: What do you consider good or an instant sell? Conversely, do you have vocal dealbreakers that can't be overcome with the Vtuber's stream presence?
I don't really care too much about voices but there are some specific cases that the voice filters me out. I can't stand Kyo's or Aster's voices from Iluna. Finnana is also one that I find hard to listen to. Remi from Phase also filters me a bit when she starts screeching. From Hololive Matsuri filters me a bit and Luna is an instant filter. As to which voices I like? I tend to like the softer but sweeter type voices and I also enjoy it when characters match the voice. Erina's voice is godlike and I like it better than Kronii as Kronii's just feels a bit colder to me (despite being a top-tier voice).

I think overall Amiya has the voice I like the most.

View attachment 4791
Pretty funny thought.

Source: Oshi no Ko by Akasaka Aka
That's a no. Talents will often link their previous content during auditions and I am sure they can use their past lives as work experience.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
Ophelia Midnight does a voice study stream that's fun to watch:

I also think she sounds like Erina and Kronii so these are really the only videos of hers I watch.

Ophelia Midnight produces some mighty fine content; she is very knowledgeable in her field and is a chameleon of voices. I have recently been fascinated by her analysis of other VTuber vocal and speech patterns (it helps that I follow a number of singing instructors/composers who break down singer voices/music and their unique styles, so she's right up my alley), and she expertly breaks down the voice over time and eventually nails it.

I know she did a recent video analyzing Kaela's voice, and she was watching along with an interaction between Kaela and Kronii, so while she was talking about Kaela's voice structure, she was also filling in Kronii's voice at times, and I'll be damned if I didn't get goosebumps because I thought it was Kronii for a hot minute.

Ophelia's vocal chart, in case anyone wants to follow along with her streams:

international phonetic alphabet chart.png

PekoWick

Akasaka is a bro. Has he ever said which vtubers he watches? (the dude is an Apex player too)
He is a nijifag. I remember seeing a chapter where nijisanji members cameonXGAndzRj4DFRlWt1XsmsQ3jVny2lu17TOG5FVId_fk.jpg

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Since we had talk a while ago about tranny voices, Rio's voice complex (and men who can voice women and sing like women), Zeta, Gura and Fauna's voices, and speech analysis of habits which Pippa and IRyS have - thread survey time. What do you look for in a Vtuber's voice or other vocal characteristics? Edit: What do you consider good or an instant sell? Conversely, do you have vocal dealbreakers that can't be overcome with the Vtuber's stream presence?

I'm mostly fine with any kind of voice, they just have to be entertaining to me. While I do have an appreciation for more mature sounding voices, I don't tend to prefer them over others universally as I also try to disconnect any kind of metrics of attraction from driving my viewership, as coomerism leads to unhealthy attachments and unchecked parasocial delusion. I watch vtubers to kill time and have fun, I don't want to find myself following someone solely because I have an attraction to them. I don't know how to describe or label her voice, but I'd say that Calli is my personal preferential taste for a female streamer. Not overly girly sounding, no try-hard anime voice, not too deep. Average woman voice? Fauna's also a good one for having a comfy sound but I definitely feel like she's playing up her voice a bit.

As far as dealbreakers go, Shondo. Please fucking dear sweet baphomet stop the actual toddler voice, I don't give a fuck if it fits her shtick or whatever. Can't stand it at all and other babyvoice streamers. This isn't an 'ew loli' thing either, specifically just the voice is an instantaneous shadow realming.

masterstocking

Early Adopter
smol hope by @lienliensn.jpg

A little bit of hope to get you through hump day

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I can't stand Kyo's or Aster's voices from Iluna.
Only tangentially related but i remember when during the Enna fried chicken drama some of the tumbr-esque NijiEn fans (so, 90% of NijiEN fans, kek) kept saying Kyo was black

That is a very funny thing to me, dunno why

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I know it when I hear it, but I don't know that I can categorize it, other than maybe that it sounds "smooth" to me. For some, their singing voices are fantastic but I'm cooler towards their speaking character voices (Lumi, Amiya, Towa).

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Only tangentially related but i remember when during the Enna fried chicken drama some of the tumbr-esque NijiEn fans (so, 90% of NijiEN fans, kek) kept saying Kyo was black

That is a very funny thing to me, dunno why

The same people crying about racism over a fried chicken stereotype accidentally committing racism themselves by associating particular vocal patterns with a specific ethnicity. It's almost like they're retards that just want to use the opportunity to look like good people in public for validation.

masterstocking

Early Adopter

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
This is kind of creepy, the fact that it looks fairly real at a glance makes it even more so.
One of these AI's selling points is the ability to extrapolate what is currently known and essentially 'fill in the blanks' to finish the goal, or picture in this case. In some cases it is a highly valuable resource, like with surgeries/medical scans, allowing access to (most likely accurate) information that would have been lacking previously.

While this may look real, it is literally just slapping a randomly generated Asian face onto a body. Photoshop could have arguably done this. Fortunately, there is no worry that this will more likely than not, not look anything close to the person irl.

Using AI to make this picture is jarring though; what is even the point of doing this?

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
So at the risk of doxxing my youtube account as one of several hundred people (if I even chatted and anyone was retarded and autistic enough and willing to spend money to care to find out who I am. warning: I am a very boring person)...I'm recently new to patreon, but it made me sad today when I saw vt talking about 'tier 5 memberships' in their IRyS thread (a reference to patreon memberships). Out of the ~100 people in the stream I watched tonight, I shudder to think how many of them were regulars from vt. Also, doesn't that break their own rules by talking about roommate accounts?
Other than that, for any IRyS fans who might not be signed up already, this is my sales pitch; A Namirin stream is exactly what you would expect. :irysthumbsupl: I know the torrent of vods was posted, and I did download it all, but I also like giving her money so I signed up. It's always more fun to catch a stream live anyway (she still does once a month theoretically, probably one more in late november because tonight was 'octobers' stream).
huh
I didn't know Irys roommate does regular streams
Are they with facecam?
I really enjoy Faunas, Guras and Vespers voices. Clear pronounciation and not swallowing words like Mumei does.
Reine has a great, easy to listen to voice too.
Kiara doesnt have my favorite voice but she tuned it down a good bit compared to debut that I dont consider it bad either.

Mori would be the one with the voice I can't listen to at all. Its not even pink woman bad, she just constantly sounds extremly fake and put-up. But I'm aware thats just how she sounds, Calli has a naturally fake sounding voice.

1668019760916.png

I for one would love to see Kiara and Moona team up for something musical.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
The best thing to come out of the original minecraft encounter

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
huh
Are they with facecam?
No, I think most of the streams are just a background animation and chat, and I have seen that she does play games and draw too, though I'm not sure how much. This last stream was from her ~5 year old laptop so she didn't want to do anything too intensive. A few weeks ago I posted an old video of her unboxing a youtube play button with torso-cam, which afaik is the most IRL stream she has ever done.
(He said, sounding like an expert despite only being a member for 1 month and seeing one stream.)

I knew she had said that she was going to keep doing monthly streams for patreon, but I didn't realize until after I signed up that she was actually doing them still. I mean, it makes sense, because that is what she said, but I was somehow surprised.
Mori would be the one with the voice I can't listen to at all. Its not even pink woman bad, she just constantly sounds extremly fake and put-up. But I'm aware thats just how she sounds, Calli has a naturally fake sounding voice.
I have said this same thing before. It doesn't bother me anymore, but that was my initial reaction to hearing her talk. Now I'm just like, "Haha, yup, that's her."

Last edited:

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
huh
Are they with facecam?

I really enjoy Faunas, Guras and Vespers voices. Clear pronounciation and not swallowing words like Mumei does.
Reine has a great, easy to listen to voice too.
Kiara doesnt have my favorite voice but she tuned it down a good bit compared to debut that I dont consider it bad either.

View attachment 4805

I for one would love to see Kiara and Moona team up for something musical.
Interesting and somewhat comforting that they're planning stuff so far in advance. At least if you're a Kiara or Moona fan.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Boomer spider playing with live2d animation soon

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I enjoy Nene's voice and no one else's.
:nenewowl:

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
I'm pretty able to listen to most anyone as far as I've found, except a few. I missed the minor discussion about it a day or two ago, but Zentraya being TTS just hits no sell to me. I get they play well with their audience or whatever, but the streamer almost feels unecessary since the chat timing sound alerts always seems like 97% of the "content." Said the same thing to a friend of mine who seems to have somehow only fell into watching Zen. They bounced around a bit for a while though and just sound like they end up liking a different person every month or so lol.

The only actual speaking voice I think I struggle with is Remi from PC. Something about it just hits me a way no other really does. She's kind of amusing but the voice just doesn't work for me. And this is compared even to Luna or Shondo. Luna's might wear me down over longer periods of time but I can still handle it pretty well. Admittedly I don't watch Shondo.
As far as any that kind of just annoy me, Kyo from ILuna. Maybe it's because of being around that vernacular growing up or something I dunno, but I hate it. I might be a bit biased because I'm kind sitting on a general dislike for him after the Enna thing. Dumbest fucking non-issue type shit ever. Stop being a femboy and let people make the jokes and funnies.

Likeable voices are all over the place and I have no preference based on who I watch most. I can toss on virtually anyone commonly known in the thread with no issues.
If I had to name people I find really comfy to just toss on it and shoot the shit I probably leans toward Gura, Vesper, Pippa, and Kaela. Hell Kaela I basically picked up watching more because she had a chill voice I could toss on without any weird shit happening or volume spikes. Suisei and Towa would probably rank into that list if I could understand moonrunes.
Kirshe also has her goofy fuckin accent but she's got some joy to life cadence to it and a contagious laugh. So it's great too when I catch her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom