"I look like an asian tourist!"Kson

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Not sure Subaru will appreciate being made a trans icon.
Only tangentially related but this reminded me. Some femboy superchatted Dez during Sonic yesterday and called him a bisexual icon. To which he brushed off with a joke.

I'll try and find it in like..12 hours when I'm done work.

Edit: it's fun finding new word filters :p

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

Ok, VOD survived so here's the Pippa Roblox "Game" (felt more like an art installation honestly)
Timestamp is 1:35:30 in case it's broken.

2022-11-09 07_55_50-Window.png

2022-11-09 07_58_28-Window.png

2022-11-09 07_56_13-Window.png
Straight out of DDLC

2022-11-09 07_55_12-Window.png
Cool reference for when pippa said she slept with a chicken. She acted like she didn't get it tho.

gregeoryL

Tulpa
Early Adopter

vestars20

Early Adopter
Supposedly, Subaru and Ars do show up.

In the general report. Because the Streamhatchet guys thought the two of them were men.

Not sure Subaru will appreciate being made a trans icon.
Tamaki should just interview them along with Life-sensai. A tomboy and a wolf called a boy.

Namirin patreon
200+ members so 2k+ a month. Nice side hustle. I bet at least 3 other VA members are among them.

Last edited:

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
So at the risk of doxxing my youtube account as one of several hundred people (if I even chatted and anyone was retarded and autistic enough and willing to spend money to care to find out who I am. warning: I am a very boring person)...I'm recently new to patreon, but it made me sad today when I saw vt talking about 'tier 5 memberships' in their IRyS thread (a reference to patreon memberships). Out of the ~100 people in the stream I watched tonight, I shudder to think how many of them were regulars from vt. Also, doesn't that break their own rules by talking about roommate accounts?
Other than that, for any IRyS fans who might not be signed up already, this is my sales pitch; A Namirin stream is exactly what you would expect. :irysthumbsupl: I know the torrent of vods was posted, and I did download it all, but I also like giving her money so I signed up. It's always more fun to catch a stream live anyway (she still does once a month theoretically, probably one more in late november because tonight was 'octobers' stream).

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Funnily enough, I was listening to Mako's return from weebworld stream and she just went over the intricacy and context of "cunt."

In other news, Tenmas streaming No Straight Raods

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Since we had talk a while ago about tranny voices, Rio's voice complex (and men who can voice women and sing like women), Zeta, Gura and Fauna's voices, and speech analysis of habits which Pippa and IRyS have - thread survey time. What do you look for in a Vtuber's voice or other vocal characteristics? Edit: What do you consider good or an instant sell? Conversely, do you have vocal dealbreakers that can't be overcome with the Vtuber's stream presence?

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
This fox's aversion to parrying is something. She's gonna have to learn by boss 3 iirc.

Edit: [Last phase of DJ subatomic] what was that button again :whatastory:

Last edited:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Since we had talk a while ago about tranny voices, Rio's voice complex (and men who can voice women and sing like women), Zeta, Gura and Fauna's voices, and speech analysis of habits which Pippa and IRyS have - thread survey time. What do you look for in a Vtuber's voice or other vocal characteristics? Do you have vocal dealbreakers that can't be overcome with the Vtuber's stream presence?
Too high is a dealbreaker.

Fauna is ok. Kronii is great. Modern Suisei is good. Okayu is fantastic. Towa is good. Onolumi is great. Juniper's fine. Kiara or Gura on the other hand, are on the too high end, Kiara's plain unpleasant and Gura's I have a hard time even understanding.

Oh, and for the love of god, adult. I'm an old man. I'm not looking for a pretend-teenager girlfriend, whether online or irl. If the voice I'm hearing tries really hard to pretend being a pre-teen, I'm out.

Lilyhops, whether actually a man or not, his or her voice is outright repulsive to me.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Yugo's English telephone part 4 ft Pterodactyl Enna

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Since we had talk a while ago about tranny voices, Rio's voice complex (and men who can voice women and sing like women), Zeta, Gura and Fauna's voices, and speech analysis of habits which Pippa and IRyS have - thread survey time. What do you look for in a Vtuber's voice or other vocal characteristics? Edit: What do you consider good or an instant sell? Conversely, do you have vocal dealbreakers that can't be overcome with the Vtuber's stream presence?
if shes trying too hard to be an anime character instead of someone youd like to shoot the shit with, pass.

edit: pippa was a pass cos she sounds like a squeaky toy, kinda got used to it. Voice is the reason i cant stand chibidoki, cant stand half of alias, part of why i cant stand half the vshojo and kiara specifically.

Last edited:

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

Contrary to what it may seem (if you see what chuubas I'm actively watching) I tend to prefer deep/mature voices. Kronii, Modern Suisei, Milf Shiina, Sleepy Bae, Erina, Milf Iida Pochi, etc.
I don't dislike youthful/higher pitch ones (like gura's or pippa's) or sweeter ones (like Zeta or Lisa), but as I grew up I started to prefer lower register voices from women.

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter

Yugo's English telephone part 4 ft Pterodactyl Enna

Numberfagging, but 20k viewers is a really solid number for this; Kagami might be giving it a pretty nice buff, although it's also a pretty fun format in itself.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
testify peko by @kanihamiso.png

Pippa's rabbit, being questioned after the murder:

"Of course I killed her. She deserved it for not giving me the right kind of hay. Bitch spends too much time online and not enough time educating herself."

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Daily dose of NNN from Risu

And Wemi

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Ame fan discord just banned any discussion relating to Pippa and Depressed Nousagi :whatastory:

View attachment 4506
I just learned about this and wow this is quite disappointing and dumb.

Amecord was supposed to be the based server, the one that in the network of servers it’s really hard to be banned from. I’ve never seen a server ban Pipa’s streams. Not even Holofans and pretty sure Guracord too (can’t check Guracord so someone else will have to). Same for DN.

Plus DN made a video praising Ame, how the hell has he disparaged her talenteds.
And as to be expected they give no reasoning why. No fucking evidence proving their claims just “BELIEVE US GUYS THEY ARE BAD”.

Gonna put out my own theory:
Its due to their association with /vt/ and kiwi farms. Thats probably why and as we all know the farms in the publics eye are the big bad alt-right transphobic evil that won’t stay down. So they probably don’t feel like they need much of if any excuse to exclude Pippa and Nousagi due to that.

Pic relatedView attachment 4508
I don’t recall him doing any past life stuff other than maybe his channel sometimes which should be allowed. Maybe it’s 7b but that’s just them being dumb. Either way this is quite retarded and a big L

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Blessed duck noises

Blessed wife English

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
1668009551155.png
Pretty funny thought.

Source: Oshi no Ko by Akasaka Aka

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Numberfagging, but 20k viewers is a really solid number for this; Kagami might be giving it a pretty nice buff, although it's also a pretty fun format in itself.
Understandable, it's really entertaining. Especially when you have people like Pomu somehow getting "Ms Enna is going out to eat today" from "Ms Enna is taking 8 minutes today" (originally Ms Enna is taking the minutes today)

vestars20

Early Adopter
Next up in the UPROAR!!'s 3D debut relay is the loud paripi mangaka Hizaki Gamma, the stream will go live next week same time as Rio's
View attachment 4579

His announcement stream goes pretty fast, he prepared a picture-story like where he lined up each word to form the announcement. It has funny parts such as when he just realized he drew himself having 6 fingers because he was preparing it in a hurry

Ongoing stream here

Rio put on a really good show, expecting the same from Gamma. A fun tidbit is that in a stream before the 3D live the same Japanese anti that made Miko cry superchatted Rio complaining about his 3D timeslot taking up too much attention away from the SportFest.
A good bit of the reason I like Pippa is her voice, her reading streams were really nice. She carries that same "voice" as Yuni and even with her current, more intense stream style. In the geography stream last week I had her stream unintentionally slowed down and thought she was drunk but I was also really put off. So, I think her cadence and enunciation also factor into what makes her voice work for me.

Pochi's real and fake voice are both attractive as is Shiina's "streaming" voice and her deep voice. I don't think I have a particular vocal range I need, focusing more on the characteristics of the voice+content. Tenma's slightly screechy voice and Lumi drawing out words is off putting but their content is fun so I watch. Erina and Kronii have attractive voices but I eventually gravitate from their streams. Ophelia Midnight does a voice study stream that's fun to watch:

I also think she sounds like Erina and Kronii so these are really the only videos of hers I watch.
Bottomline - someone, somewhere probably likes your voice but if you don't like it you can certainly change it. For streamers, unless you are already popular keeping your voice consistent and improving yourself seems like the best bet.

Dealbreaker would be something like that tiktok narrator and general TTS.
Instant sell for vtubers in general might be something unique like husky bear Uruka, or bitchy nasel Enna with a singing voice gap that's attractive. Ami's sing song pitchy voice and Meno's transliteration into English of what sounds cute for Japanese streamers come to mind, you'll know if you like the voice instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom