"What is TTYL? What is it? OK I'm gonna make my own... wait... 'Tender Tentacle Yummy Lissotto' ah wait, lissotto is with an 'r'"Meloco Kyoran

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Coming with an update regarding the EN branch of Idol. I've been following them for a bit and right off the bat they're a lot more interesting than the Hebrew girls (Katta and Lily are nice, though).
Rin Penrose has been shitposting on twitter pretty consistently. Seemed to be trying to emulate Vesper with a kind of "I don't get twitter" attitude at first but very quickly she fell into being a meme and has been pumping out new tweets constantly. As in, somehow once an hour or so. Not sure if she's literally getting no sleep at all or just scheduling tweets, but either way, that's an impressive amount of dedication.
She's revealed herself to be a talented artist.

Yurei Yuko is a talented artist as well, and has made some pretty cute short videos so far. Her art seems familiar somehow, but I can't really place my finger on it.

Fuyo Cloverfield seems very interesting, not only also being a good artist, but also dogwhistling loli fans, using the good old "cute funny". Curious what her content's gonna be going forward.

Pochi Wanmaru continues the trend of good artists, as well as being a bit of a tease. Not much to say about her though, she's been pretty bog-standard predebut.

Juna Unagi is a bit more humble regarding her art, only sharing it for her senpai who's going to graduate. That being said, she's definitely playing into being the "sexy" one of the group.

Notable follows:
Rin: Himemiya Rie, all of Tempus (Vesper first then the rest of them today), Mori, Ironmouse, Remi Nephys.
Yuko: Our very own Depressed Nousagi, ProjectUglyBastard, Nyaru, most of Phase Connect, Gura, Every Shrek Frame in Order (???). Seems like Phase Connect in general has been trying to network with them (or maybe the other way around) as most of them follow at least some of the PC girls. Pippa also shilled them kind of out of nowhere.
Fuyo: A lot of artists, Pikamee, FallenShadow, Gura, Ina, Pekora, Marine, Haachama, Remi, Pippa, Tenma, and Chibi.
Pochi: Pekora, Ina, Fauna, Mumei, Pikamee, most of Phase Connect, Utano Pandora, Chibi again.
Juna: Ina, Pikamee, Kson, Ollie, Selen, Magni, Kronii, Ironmouse, Shu Yamino, Luca, FalseEyeD, Phase Connect.

Regardless, honestly looking forward to their debut. They seem like a talented bunch. Hope Rin does some stuff with Rie because of the prince/princess thing.

Last edited:

paul

Early Adopter
Some clips from Dez's Sonic stream because I have simply no time to watch a 5 hour stream right now. But it sounds like they have a lot of fun and a really good time together, especially Ves.

MyName

The only two people that I knew I would like based solely on their voice were Sana and Kronii, but a lot of the other talents grew on me later (mostly when they dropped the fake quirky ways of speaking (Calli's TeeHee) or grew confidence when speaking (and maybe turned up the gain on the mic) like Ina).
The more high pitched (dare I say loli voiced) vtubers filtered me hard in the begining, but enought clips later I can apriciate the content withouth the voice geting to me (Iron mouse). Kind of going through this with Altare right now. The content is good, especially when collabing with the boys, but the voice is filtering (but way less so then in the start with the Wahs.
I love Vespers way of speaking more than just the voice. Funny how a person can go from watching exactly one male vtuber (Aethel) to mostly just listening to a man talking about his day.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
Yeah, it's 3 weeks old, but it's a pretty well done clip.

:irysthumbsupl:

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Some clips from Dez's Sonic stream because I have simply no time to watch a 5 hour stream right now. But it sounds like they have a lot of fun and a really good time together, especially Ves.

This also happened during the Magni and Vesper fishing trip.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Time for some NePoLaBo Halen (this is too weird to not share here)

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Ex-Lurker

Since we had talk a while ago about tranny voices, Rio's voice complex (and men who can voice women and sing like women), Zeta, Gura and Fauna's voices, and speech analysis of habits which Pippa and IRyS have - thread survey time. What do you look for in a Vtuber's voice or other vocal characteristics? Edit: What do you consider good or an instant sell? Conversely, do you have vocal dealbreakers that can't be overcome with the Vtuber's stream presence?
I think voices like Kiara's are the only dealbreakers for me. The pitch and articulation is like negative asmr.
Ike has a tendency to let his Swede creep out on certain words, and as a Swede myself it's enough to make me wanna swallow a shotgun.
Soft/calm voices like Fauna or Shirayuki Tomoe, energetic voices like Subaru, or deadpan like Enna, Kronii or Kaela are all thumbs up for me. Especially if its a bit of a mix between some of them.

I do have a thing for nasally voices, I think Fran Fine awakened something in me as a kid.

Kalion

:)
Welsh vtuber Eira Woolcott is doing a lecture on vtuber terms and culture.

Clip tax:

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Welsh vtuber Eira Woolcott is doing a lecture on vtuber terms and culture.

Clip tax:

I love the seep, she has such a dorky laugh and is the living stereotype of a fujo

edit:
hey, remember when Nene wasnt all about coombaiting?

Last edited:

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

kestraline

Early Adopter
Nyaru streaming Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.

Kazuma

Early Adopter

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Nyaru streaming Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.

She bought herself a checkmark and decided to flaunt it.

Nyarucheck-exif-remove.jpeg

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Is Rising Storm 2 realistic? As in do they send you over to some hill to be a bullet magnet for the viet cong and then watch your whole company die, get medivac'd back to the US and descend into unfathomable rage, depression and alcoholism.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Is Rising Storm 2 realistic? As in do they send you over to some hill to be a bullet magnet for the viet cong and then watch your whole company die, get medivac'd back to the US and descend into unfathomable rage, depression and alcoholism.
No, but the cute anime girl cheerily told us that her grandfather died of cancer because he was mainly spreading agent orange in the army during Nam. She is helping make the game more immersive, at least.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
ina merch is coming for your wallet by @LgeeseL.jpg

The next Ina merch that drops will probably bankrupt some of us...

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Well, since it's currently free to keep on Epic until later today, and nobody wants to play gooks, the GI experience is watching your entire squad die to toe poppers, or collectively implode after they walk into a barrel bomb because the guy playing Pointman just picked Pointman to have the grease gun. And then your commander drops napalm onto your own guys and gets 17 teamkills in a split second.

kestraline

Early Adopter

Lia's Genshin lore stream has started.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter

Lia's Genshin lore stream has started.

Is this a sponsored stream? As in we get paid to watch it, cause that's the only way you'll get me to watch anything with Genshin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom