"Meanwhile Shiina is already onboard the 'feet at 100k' train. I forgot how based she was."The Proctor

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
Typically the process looks a bit like this:

1. A week/two-week break
2. VODs are privated
3. New debut
4. Remaining members resume activity

The VODs are normally privated immediately before a debut, however it is best to keep in mind that we only have two appropriate data points and therefore cannot confirm that VTA operates under a strict pattern.

However, with Roco Wave, we have:
1. A two-week break
2. VODs are privated
3. -
4. Remaining members resume activity

As such, it tracks to assume that a debut WAS supposed to occur at some point between Oct. 7 and Oct. 24 that, for some reason, never came to pass. These 'breaks' usually happen in service of an impending debut and subsequent reshuffling of the VTA schedule.

I think people just want a statement at this point. It has been nearly a month since Roco's last stream before the break, and a possible 13-16 debut would require a further 2 weeks of silence. Imagine waiting 6 weeks to learn if a V-Tuber you like has been terminated from the company. It's brutal.
Never really watches VTA, but just hoping they won't make a shitty move like using the talents as human shields, take for example:

(the video is gone, but you can read the transcript and another example of a company using their talents as shield in the comments)

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
So, someone in Pippa's stream earlier mentioned that Shadiversity - a YouTuber with over 1 million subscribers that Pippa likes and also has significant fanbase overlap with - told her to reach out for a collab.
Me, being an autist, decided to go track this down. I was able to find it within 5 minutes in a stroke of pure luck.
View attachment 4510
View attachment 4511
Let's place bets on if A.), this'll ever actually go anywhere, and B.), how Fishman will inevitably fuck it up.
A simple interview or deep dive where Pippa asks a ton of weapon questions would be nice between them both. Maybe they could talk about armor representation in video games or something.

The guy is learning, in real-time, that he's in love with the idea of Sonic, not what Sonic actually is lol. It's like watching someone realize they were in a sham relationship all along.
Nostalgia does that to you. I had something similar happen to me with Gundam Wing. I remember loving it and about 4 years ago I rewatched it and I hated it every second of it.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
if she does browse this site, how much do you think we add to this problem considering we even have an entire thread to this dude?
Given how yesterdays stream she gave the Xenforo mention the same pause as kiwifarms and when she had that breakdown on the last WoW stream some of the verbiage she used was close if not verbatim to some of the posts here not to mention that the link here has been shared on the motherland, I think she knows about us.
Let's place bets on if A.), this'll ever actually go anywhere, and B.), how Fishman will inevitably fuck it up.
It'll probably be like Rackets unless he learned his lesson. Shad made be more normie friendly but he might be just geeks n gamers and flashcast adjacent enough to spook the fish.

As was mention earlier, Mari is doing a VR stream for her second anniversary.
Screenshot_20221105_003735_TwitchMod.jpg

Screenshot_20221105_003809_TwitchMod.jpg

Screenshot_20221105_003907_TwitchMod.jpg

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Ame fan discord just banned any discussion relating to Pippa and Depressed Nousagi :whatastory:

View attachment 4506
Discord, not even once, it's the place where Tenma's words are exceptionally true as even Kiwis turn into whiny bitches when using it

And as to be expected they give no reasoning why. No fucking evidence proving their claims just “BELIEVE US GUYS THEY ARE BAD”.

Gonna put out my own theory:
Its due to their association with /vt/ and kiwi farms. Thats probably why and as we all know the farms in the publics eye are the big bad alt-right transphobic evil that won’t stay down. So they probably don’t feel like they need much of if any excuse to exclude Pippa and Nousagi due to that.

Pic relatedView attachment 4508
Pippa doesn't really talk about any of that besides in a very abstract way, which is unavoidable if you want to discuss the genre.

So, someone in Pippa's stream earlier mentioned that Shadiversity - a YouTuber with over 1 million subscribers that Pippa likes and also has significant fanbase overlap with - told her to reach out for a collab.
Me, being an autist, decided to go track this down. I was able to find it within 5 minutes in a stroke of pure luck.
View attachment 4510
View attachment 4511
Shad's a pretty good dude, but he's openly anti-woke which makes the Fishman approving about a 50-50 depending on which video he watches as Shad can get rather opinionated talking about media. Otherwise he's just a very Christian dude into history.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I think this would be a safer collab than Rackets, Shad is very normie friendly and is even friends with some slightly leftie cunts that normally kvetch at people who do edgy shit
Could always do a collab with the other Shad, who I'm sure is quite normie friendly.

Otherwise he's just a very ChristianMormon dude into history.

The Peanut Gallery

Early Adopter

The Nousagi

Schizophrenic Menhera
Lugubrious Lepus
What did you do that would be considering "disparaging Ame's talents"?
Probably one of my older videos where I said Ame was conventionally talentless (eg, doesnt know how to sing, draw, dance, or any kind of talent that's normally a standard for a corpo-VTuber). That's the same video where I literally worshipped Ame for being a creative mastermind, a trendsetter, the pseudo-leader of HoloEN, and the girl that gets shit done in that branch. Though I'm certain they've banned me for other reasons that aren't explicitly stated in the notice
I don't care for the ban though, I barely log into discord so it doesn't really affect me. What I'm concerned about is how the fuck Pippa got roped into this

edit: some more thoughts

Last edited:

The Peanut Gallery

Early Adopter
Mari having a tough time tonight. Having issues with her mouth movement and VR chat is chugging at random intervals.

Sven

Probably one of my older videos where I said Ame was conventionally talentless (eg, doesnt know how to sing, draw, dance, or any kind of talent that's normally a standard for a corpo-VTuber). That's the same video where I literally worshipped Ame for being a creative mastermind, a trendsetter, the pseudo-leader of HoloEN, and the girl that gets shit done in that branch. Though I'm certain they've banned me for other reasons that I may not be aware of.
I don't care for the ban though, I barely log into discord so it doesn't really affect me. What I'm concerned about is how the fuck Pippa got roped into this

You monster, saying something 100% true and then pointing out all the reasons she is still an amazing talent, how could you be so heartless as to not worship the ground she walks on. Seriously though when you get the combo of a total sealed community (1 talent among the whole) and Discord/Reddit where power tripping mods flock this kind of thing always seems to happen and for anyone not already huffing farts a banned persons list like that is just a list of people to search up as they are probably doing something right.

Pippa's ban under rule 7 which is probably an excuse more then a reason I assume would be the stream/clip where she mentions Gura's past though never naming Sen she eludes to it plenty enough but as others said it is more likely that her analytics contain channers and farmers and she treats them as regular people and not the obviously evil nazi's they are. Also for whatever reason the people who hate Pippa really fucking hate Pippa, it's honestly impressive how much vitriol they present, see reddit dude who keeps very pathetically trying to cancel her as an excellent example.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Probably one of my older videos where I said Ame was conventionally talentless (eg, doesnt know how to sing, draw, dance, or any kind of talent that's normally a standard for a corpo-VTuber). That's the same video where I literally worshipped Ame for being a creative mastermind, a trendsetter, the pseudo-leader of HoloEN, and the girl that gets shit done in that branch. Though I'm certain they've banned me for other reasons that aren't explicitly stated in the notice

Pippa has grown in popularity these last few months and she is getting brought up in other threads/discussions/sites as a talent for people to consider looking into. I'm guessing they were talking about "toxic" gamers and her name got brought up. Her fandom is pretty pushy when it comes to shilling her. Guessing that one of you got targeted and the other one got roped into it because you both collabed. Nothing of value was lost honestly.

Would be hilarious if Ame ever mentions Pippa like Fauna did as I could see Ame watching the Yabbit.

Overwatch compilation will probably be out tomorrow. Fucking YT-DLP file had the audio messed up and it did not sync. Had to redownload the whole thing and then Re-Render that to change the fucking format to MP4 because DaVinci can't seem to know wtf a .MKV is. I miss the good ol days when there were like 2 formats and everything worked with them. I'm having the same fucking issue with getting images online. Every fucking file is a .WEBP and wont open on Photoshop. Even if the file has transparency I am forced to open it on Paint and SaveAs in PNG to then have to re-edit the photo in photoshop to properly get rid of the white space and turn it back to transparency. I feel like most of my time goes towards doing stupid shit like this instead of actual editing.

By any chance does anyone here know how to work/purchase song Licences if I want to release a song cover? So something like "King"?

Last edited:

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Ame is by all standards my favorite vtuber but goddamn her audience is one of them that I hate the most. Between the unicorns screeching at her over wanting to collab with tempus and this type of shit I'm convinced her fan base is as bad in their way as Gura's is in theirs.
Yeah, gators are an impressively thin-skinned bunch. Almost on the level of chumbuds.
Ame is my kamioshi. I love her to death. But holy moly can her fans be some of the most insufferable children in existence sometimes. No idea how, she's pretty open to more edgy stuff every now and then and she's very blunt about doing what she wants. It's hilarious to me seeing the people who say she "fell off" and switched to Pomu or Tempus or whatever. Like they think her not doing exactly what they want is worth her being dropped.
Personally, if I wanna discuss Ame with other teamates, I go to the Ame split in /vt/. Most of the tempus haters just ignore her streams with them there and tend to be a fun bunch. Not as creative as some of the other splits, but it's a heck of a lot better than going to the fancord.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Ame fan discord just banned any discussion relating to Pippa
Theory time
Doesn't really help that pippa fans are also obnoxious cunts that unbanned henri for content, ive seen vt, ive seen the phase discord. So it could not only be the EVIL PIPPA discussions ban but also ban of pippa fans.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
And as to be expected they give no reasoning why. No fucking evidence proving their claims just “BELIEVE US GUYS THEY ARE BAD”.

Gonna put out my own theory:
Its due to their association with /vt/ and kiwi farms. Thats probably why and as we all know the farms in the publics eye are the big bad alt-right transphobic evil that won’t stay down. So they probably don’t feel like they need much of if any excuse to exclude Pippa and Nousagi due to that.
Pippa sure, but from what I have seen, the sheltered parts of the fanbase adore Depressed Nousagi and are either genuinely unaware or willfully ignorant of his anon-ness (the /vt/ memes he's throwing into every video he can or the occasional video that is about /vt/ memes apparently going over their heads), and thoroughly unaware that he ever read KF. To the point where he's being held up as a shining light within the fandom while disparaging /vt/ in the same damn paragraph.

Awareness of KF tends to be limited to 'They hate women, therefore they hate vtubers'. Or at least it was until fairly recently, with Phase Connect's and Pippa's growth starting to change this.

The great majority of people wouldn't even bother looking at KF themselves, and thus rely entirely on their imagination of what their mental construct of KF should think about vtubers, not what it actually thinks.

Naturally, this mental model doesn't fit a respected (Ame's fans excepted) member of the community. Therefore Depressed Noussgi has never read KF nor posted on /vt/. At most, he's an active redditor.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Late as fuck, but if you have a computer that isn't absolutely toilet-tier you can just emulate the Switch version to see if you like it before buying.
It also has an actual PC port, but 60 eurodollars for a game from 2017 is a bit retarded.
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately my PC is a self built toaster pre 2010 with upgrades as years go by so I don't think I can emulate (and PC port is a no go since denuvo will rape it to oblivion). Might continue to watch Suu's playthrough later tonight 10PM JST and probably grab it on future discount.

Niji's bodyguard Lain Paterson is suffering through Super Mario Bros

Looks like she never played it before, not knowing hidden blocks and entering pipes, accidentally found the warp zone, got tortured by Lakitu, and decided not to use the warp zone afterwards (walled at 1-4). Got to give it to Niji's hand tracking, now I know Pata-nee facepalms a lot while gaming.

MaiR will be singing anime songs at 8PM JST with an announcement.

Edit: She announced "Shout My Life III" on Youtube 17 November 8PM JST.

Last edited:

vestars20

Early Adopter
Been listening to the Lilybelle radio streams while at work. Bunch of 1-views making amazing covers. Some of these are better than the originals but they get little to no traction and the channels dont grow. Is it poor marketing? Inconsistent streaming and upload times? Overall a boring chat interaction that wont hook in new viewers?
The first one is Alien. I love the Sora cover of this but mainly because of the music video of her dancing in 3d. That said I have noticed that most of the covers try to copy the high-pitched vocaloid voice and it just sounds kinda bad. This person has a lower pitch and overall the song just sounds amazing.

Second one is the Iluna theme song. I really like the song but more than half of Iluna can't sing (or at least they need some vocal training). Ren did a solo cover which was pretty good but this song is clearly meant to be sung by multiple people.

What are "Lilybelle radio streams"? The stories girl is a going to break my heart.

I've been pretty interested in this new vtuber group called Varium (YT / homepage) - haven't watched all of their debuts yet, but I really like Eru (cute, degenerate, good singer) and Avi (kind of a dork, also sings, and apparently is good at FPS games). The level of quality in their models seems notably high - all of them were designed by Hololive mamas, and they used people like rariemonn to rig them. Not much information about the company itself, but they must have a lot of money to throw around (as well as good connections in the industry).

Shilling time is almost over, here's Eru singing the Madoka opening (she has a pon moment and gets distracted by chat, but recovers well)

(timestamped at 45:11)

So how do you like them?
vtver.jpg
Clockwise from 12
FPS girl, Louise, was drawn by Ayamy momma. Pretty different design and content from the usual Ayamy girls. Interesting to see how each mom treats their kids on twitter. Checking out all these artists made me sad again for PAKO as I imagine the artists don't have lots of time to interact with talents save re-tweeting and browsing hashtags.
Sui - Laplus momma's
Pekomamma's daughter, Avi, might be the leader.
Chloe's sister, Eru. Compare Parley's twitter with the other girls, it's all posts of Chloe or Eru or Varium, and I wonder if this kind of exposure is thought of when choosing artists? The opposite is Ayamy but on the other hand she can collab with her daughters. Thought soup.
Komai, drawn by Rishia's momma, looks like Rushia and Lamy's daughter.
Are you as curious as I was - hear all the girls

New song covers from Shion and Risu premiering soon

Shion is fantastic as she sings songs in her wheelhouse while that Risu cover is past left-field. Listen to both but for sure listen to Risu's. Like now.

This VTA saga is so interesting as most of the English Audience has no fucking clue. The general vtuber wiki has already declared her dead. Roco's debut video highlights

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter

Nijisanji ID historian woman decided to play warthunder with someone from other ID agency Metatonia. Gonna be mostly in Indonesians but ya know... tanks.

I probably expect everyone telling me War Thunder is bad or something, but tanks

braindoko

Trying to get back into my non-chuuba hobbies and I find... this
Can anyone explain?

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Can anyone explain?
dude squuezes his balls while coding
decided to mix business with pleasure and get a vtuber model for dosh

uquusquad

creator, innovator, artist, idea
Early Adopter