"I always feel the universe between my legs"Minase Rio

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
They put a single Youtube VTuber in there and they picked the one that streamed the absolute least out of all her company. Nice work, retards.
I'd rather Gura win it anyways. Would be good to have an acknowledgement of the market leaders and culture that produced vtubing in a western award show. It's either her or Mouse, and Mouse has already won enough accolades that it wouldn't mean much.
What significant things have Iron Mouse and Shoto even done this year that they apparently deserve it more than anyone on Youtube?
Mouse ended up top female streamer on Twitch again with her month long subathon, and her & Connor have done some massive charity events together.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
I could get behind Neuro nominated and winning, but the seething by anti-AI tards would be endless.

What, exactly, significant things have Iron Mouse and Shoto even done this year that they apparently deserve it more than anyone on Youtube?
iirc mousey did a subathon and basically a milestone and probably the plasma charity that she and connor are a part of

shoto is just a fucking gay fucking manwhore and thats literally the only thing resembling a personality and content that he has
gay fuck

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Mouse ended up top female streamer on Twitch again with her month long subathon, and her & Connor have done some massive charity events together.
I mean, cool, I guess. But it isn't like she, or anyone else, is really doing anything new in the field, except Neuro and Vedal. Also, the "HoLO En GiRLs doN't dO AnYThiNG" bit is getting really old and not true.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
I mean, cool, I guess. But it isn't like she, or anyone else, is really doing anything new in the field, except Neuro and Vedal. Also, the "HoLO En GiRLs doN't dO AnYThiNG" bit is getting really old and not true.
If I was to stretch for something a little, I suppose there's her virtual tours? Content where Connor goes to tourist places and so on rigged up with streaming equipment for Mouse & chat to experience. It's admittedly not much though, really only unique in that it's a vtuber doing it. Mouse has been streaming for over 5 years now she's not breaking much new ground anymore.
Shxtou is whatever. Generic twitch streamer who happens to have a model, could be replaced by a dozen different names and it wouldn't matter. Filian is a bit of an improvement in that her streams are all 3d and very active, but again, meh. And Jaiden animations is just another casual bandwagoner who can barely be called a vtuber.
I agree that it's feeling a little tired though - just the same handful of names showing up again and again, famous because they're famous and winning awards because they're award-winning. I'd like to see them really shake it up with some lesser known and more innovative names. Gura gets my vote just for being new and historical achievement I guess.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
"I AM TENMA" Click play to see some CRAZY shit

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Panko's hot take

My contrarian take is that I prefer the relabel. I've always hated the name "twitter", it's impossible to take people seriously when they talk about "tweeting" on "twitter".

"X" on the other hand is... well, it's... well it sucks, but at least it's not "twitter", so it's an improvement in my book.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Oh hey, Gura got nominated for the streamer awards alongside filian and ironmouse. There's also Jaiden and Shxtou. Neat

Jesus christ, 3 twitch normies, a bandwagoner and the most obvious pick in the universe in her worst and least productive year... at least it's a better lineup than last year I guess?

I can just imagine Yagoo sitting in his office when some intern comes in and goes: "Sir Gura just got nominated for the streamy awards!" and Yagoo is like: "Uhm... what? Am I supposed to know what that is?" and intern goes: "Sir it's some kind of gaijin award show put on for streamers" and Yagoo goes: "Well whatever... just keep an eye on them and get ready to sue if they pull anything funny"
Of course they did. She's perfect for it. Most popular EN Holo who also happens to have streamed the least among the nominees. It shuts up past criticisms about no Holo being nominated but also makes it easier to justify when she doesn't win because of her lack of streaming over the past few months.
Maybe it's because she's the only Holo they even know, poor fucking retards. Wasn't Filian gonna do her own awards bs? How did that end up?
Didn't she just barely edge out Pekora with like 4 times the streamed hours but 3% more watchtime? And that's doing endless subathons in which a bunch of the time the stream just plays replays of old streams while she fucking sleeps?

Last edited:

Kazuma

Early Adopter

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Award shows are gay as fuck. Tag me if someone yabs it up.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
I had a gander at the other nominations and it's clearly English language only, with only one catch all international category. And I think focused on 2022.

I could get behind Neuro nominated and winning, but the seething by anti-AI tards would be real.

What, exactly, significant things have Iron Mouse and Shoto even done this year that they apparently deserve it more than anyone on Youtube?
I would reverse that question: who are the most significant EN vtubers on YT and what are they getting up to? Mouse has broken the female sub record twice in one year though I think that was 2023, done charity streams, has brought in guests from all the big companies, and continues to be the most relevant vtuber on twitch, without too much coombaiting even. Shoto is basically the only male en vtuber currently on a stable trajectory, outgrowing the luxiem leeching he did and doing so as an indie. I don't like his content but I can't say the biggest successful indie male in the en sphere is nothing. Just because there literally isn't anyone else notable.

If it's 2022 and English only I feel Mori is one of the best candidates. It was the year of her UMG deal and her streaming content was good too, the jump king arc for example. 2022 was the year of Luxiem too.
Gura needed a 2020/2021 acknowledgment. 2022 or 2023 Gura is more a better late than never than anything to do with her content those years. I think it's fine to say she should win on pedigree alone and I'm enough of a holo fan to want it to happen, but really I think she should have been nominated and dominated 2020 and 2021.

e: Award shows are dumb. Not going to sperg more about it.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
why watch award shows when you can watch the talents themselves

unless you watch vtubers reacting to how rigged the awards are, in which case, that's content

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Oh hey, Gura got nominated for the streamer awards alongside filian and ironmouse. There's also Jaiden and Shxtou. Neat

Obviously Gura should win

jk, it’s clearly Ironmouse

nye

Easy win for Gura unless it's rigged... Like every award show.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I could get behind Neuro nominated and winning, but the seething by anti-AI tards would be endless.

What significant things have Iron Mouse even done this year that they apparently deserve it more than anyone on Youtube?
Dying look Mouse is obviously a good talent but she got big because of her disease and i refuse to believe at least 20% of her current active viewers are not just there because of that.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Panko's hot take

My contrarian take is that I prefer the relabel. I've always hated the name "twitter", it's impossible to take people seriously when they talk about "tweeting" on "twitter".

"X" on the other hand is... well, it's... well it sucks, but at least it's not "twitter", so it's an improvement in my book.

I much prefer this new alternative because it will lead to such phrases as "Oh I forgot to x", "Hold on let me x that", "I didn't x about it", "Watch x later on, there'll be an x by management", "If you read my xlonger you'll know his x's paint me in a negative light, while I can't respond because x deleted my x's", "Check my x on x for more information, it'll be the pinned x" and "what the fuck is an x"

stassy

Not Azki has a vtuber model? I was under the impression that the only restriction cover has on the talents was that they can't vtube going by Nami not using hers on her streams and me not recalling Kson using hers during Coco times.
Along with the answers above, she nearly had a 3D model for her PL Live2D which was supposed to be used for 3D concert from her idol group, but it was cancelled and instead she got to do IRL concerts after a successful kickstarter (which is not that bad since we could see her IRL figure because the 1st concert was streamed online).

The 3D project might not be completely canned as her coworker are getting some 3D models by themself, and the huge advantage of 3D concert is that you can go past the idol age and join the holo hag club performing at 30+ years old.

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom
Looks like all of niji's VTA are on hiatus atm, hopefully someone else can archive the tweet cause I didn't pay attention to which sites work.

Edit: added screenshot in place of proper archive

1690230704573.png

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

TheOathbreakerTarvos

Compressed jpg

wtf is happening
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom