"PIPKIN PIPPA! I'M COMING TO KILL YOU! In Phase World? NO! At your house! In real life! I'm going to stalk her, and become obsessed with her! And wear her makeup, and her mold! And use her Live2D as a coat like the ancient foxgirls did!"Kirschey

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stunned But Dumb

Some people seem to live or die by what's happening on Twitter at a given moment, and watching them freak out about the reddit rocket man introducing whatever dumb idea he came up last time he was stoned as though he's a dictator sending people to their death is fucking funny.

It's pretty annoying. One or two complaints or reactions to a new change is whatever, but when twitter got rate limited some people I know were complaining through out the entire day at how much this change caused them to suffer and it just shocked me. I closed my twitter years ago, so I admit not seeing certain stuff has been annoying, but I haven't had full access in years anyway

Not-Username

It's pretty annoying. One or two complaints or reactions to a new change is whatever, but when twitter got rate limited some people I know were complaining through out the entire day at how much this change caused them to suffer and it just shocked me. I closed my twitter years ago, so I admit not seeing certain stuff has been annoying, but I haven't had full access in years anyway
I swear the internet trains ADHD into people.
(And obviously addictions...)

As not to sperg to much:
Cute gen0 with usual ponrobo

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
EIEN, Kawaii, or notRiifu's upcoming "corpo" could be possibilities if joining a new group is the direction she's taking.

Edit: Speaking of notRiifu's thing.

View attachment 37441

You have to be a particular breed of retard to join the corpo of the e-whore who didn't read her contract and got fired from her past corpo. She could prove me wrong and actually pull it off but statistics say that whores are braindead. That's why they never stop being whore because they piss away all their money.

Horo7618

No one in particular

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Dying look Mouse is obviously a good talent but she got big because of her disease and i refuse to believe at least 20% of her current active viewers are not just there because of that.
She got big because for the longest time she was the single biggest vtuber in twitch, period. Because there are literally no agencies based around twitch and she joined the first and biggest one in vshojo and fed on the popularity of more normie friendly regular streamers as well as her friendship with conner. She's basically got her own platform all to herself (up until recently) instead of having to compete with the giga nip corpos on youtube.
EN3 looks like generic B-tier 2023 Isekai filler, these are way below standard compared to Hololive norms.

Hopefully they sound better than they look. I noticed nobody here picked up that Homura-Alter is covered in music notation, so maybe she's gonna be the singer of the gen? Disappointed they felt they needed another loli, and I'm gonna have a laugh if the twins end up being another Elira/Selen situation where it's hardly acknowledged and they're complete opposites who almost never interact. I just hope the two mature looking ones don't end up with voices that don't match. That would be the biggest downer. So so tired of age regression, key ups, and voice changers in modern woman.

That's all I'll say about EN3 until they actually debut. I've become super jaded these days I guess. But maybe low expectations will lead to a pleasant surprise, who knows... Fingers crossed. 🤞
I'm not over-impressed by the EN3 characters, I guess the princess girl looks cute and the sisters matching is a nice touch, but they all look over-designed in one way or another and I hope the models make them look better than the trailer.

That being said I remember absolutely despising the original Tempus designs for the same reason yet I ended up not caring much once I'd come to associate them with the lads' personalities, so it's not something I'm too worried about long-term.
Obligatory "THE DESIGNS SUCK!" posts that are made after every. fucking. reveal. But you will still cry your eyes out like a bitch when they graduate.
If hanging around this community for years has taught me anything it's that the designs only affect wider/mainstream appeal, your chuuba could be fucking ugly and there will still be a group of diehard fans behind them, doubly so with the Holo name behind them.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Has Ollie not been fairly stocky for Indonesian standards from what we’ve seen of her? I mean it is Indonesia which means she’s probably 65-70kg vs the average of like 55-60kg. Still under the average in places like the US where it is around 80kg. The rest of the Anglosphere isn’t far behind either.

She looks 130 Lbs to me but it's hard to tell without having someone taller next to her. I say this knowing that muscle fiber is denser than fat tissue.

123123.png

12315.png

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
X-actly. It might be X-asperating, but it might be X-cellent. We have to moderate our X-pectations, as I have X-plained.

On topic, I had Korone's Jump King vod going in the background, and at one point she was talking about some horror movie called "Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey" (according to chat translators, I mean). It looks terrible, but she apparently really liked it. I never knew she was into low-budget horror.

Just recently she posted a mini review of a Serbian film

She likes her gruesome horror
Korone and Ayame have both stated they enjoy horror and splatter films:

As a fan of both myself, this was fun to learn.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Obligatory "THE DESIGNS SUCK!" posts that are made after every. fucking. reveal. But you will still cry your eyes out like a bitch when they graduate.
If hanging around this community for years has taught me anything it's that the designs only affect wider/mainstream appeal, your chuuba could be fucking ugly and there will still be a group of diehard fans behind them, doubly so with the Holo name behind them.
Exactly, as long as the design is vaguely competently-drawn, personality and how entertaining they are is infinitely more important. Case-in-point, the ugliest, most disgusting, and eye-gougingly awful models in Tempus, Myth, and Council are the most popular of the group.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Calli is playing Jump King and talking about staff asking her to do more “calls to action” like subbing, commenting, etc.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Exactly, as long as the design is vaguely competently-drawn, personality and how entertaining they are is infinitely more important. Case-in-point, the ugliest, most disgusting, and eye-gougingly awful models in Tempus, Myth, and Council are the most popular of the group.
Before debut: "HOLY FUCK, THESE MODELS ARE AWFUL! MAGNI AND VESPER LOOK ATROCIOUS! THEY'RE GOING TO BOMB! NO ONE IS GOING TO WATCH THEM!"
After debut: "Wow guys, I can't believe Cover suspended the two most beloved members of Tempus, Magni and Vesper. If they actually terminate them, they will kill the StarsEN branch outright."

Anime Fan

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Korone and Ayame have both stated they enjoy horror and splatter films:

As a fan of both myself, this was fun to learn.

List of the Horror/Thriller movies she's done watchalongs of so far. I included the more comedy/silly-oriented ones as well.

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter

Yeah man, preferences, how do they work?

:botanshrug:

This is tough to respond to because it starts as a personal call out ("you") but ends in a generalized group assumption. Like nah. Personally, in all of Hololive I only regularly consume content from Botan and Kronii. The rest could graduate tomorrow and I wouldn't bat a lash. And hell, I often wish Gura *would* graduate just so people shut the fuck up about her existing or not. (That and the fallout would be funny. Not personally gonna lament the loss of a streamer I don't enjoy.)

Either way, I don't watch these people because of the Corpo they're under. I watch them because they entertain me and gel with things I like to hear and see. If your love for the medium is rooted in corpo-camps, you're doing it wrong and I'd rather not waste my braincells or posts on tribalism.

If you're having trouble scrolling past some basic criticism of a multi-million dollar corpos latest project, you should probably start asking yourself why you so vehemently feel the need to defend them instead of just letting it slide. I personally, haven't been shy about my interests at all since this forum went up. (Love Hags, Hate lolis.) If that bothers you, put me on block, I'm not gonna sit and argue with people who love corporations over individuals.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Yeah man, preferences, how do they work?

:botanshrug:

This is tough to respond to because it starts as a personal call out ("you") but ends in a generalized group assumption. Like nah. Personally, in all of Hololive I only regularly consume content from Botan and Kronii. The rest could graduate tomorrow and I wouldn't bat a lash. And hell, I often wish Gura *would* graduate just so people shut the fuck up about her existing or not. (That and the fallout would be funny. Not personally gonna lament the loss of a streamer I don't enjoy.)

Either way, I don't watch these people because of the Corpo they're under. I watch them because they entertain me and gel with things I like to hear and see. If your love for the medium is rooted in corpo-camps, you're doing it wrong and I'd rather not waste my braincells or posts on tribalism.

If you're having trouble scrolling past some basic criticism of a multi-million dollar corpos latest project, you should probably start asking yourself why you so vehemently feel the need to defend them instead of just letting it slide. I personally, haven't been shy about my interests at all since this forum went up. (Love Hags, Hate lolis.) If that bothers you, put me on block, I'm not gonna sit and argue with people who love corporations over individuals.
Call Nenelove tribalistic when he goes to cry with a DM to the owner of this site because he feels sad( :( oh no poor guy).

Piarro

Early Adopter
The designs do look pretty bad, but it doesn't matter. People watch Kirsche for god's sake, the design doesn't matter at all

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
She has a entire twitter account where she larp as Hideo Kojima but with less homolust for Madd Mikkelsen
Don't speak too soon, I'm sure Korone got her picture taken too!

1690237476054.png

Maybe Jeremy Renner though. Lucky bastard.

Korone (2).png

Tuwuturu

Team Slightly Menhera
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Call Nenelove tribalistic when he goes to cry with a DM to the owner of this site because he feels sad( :( oh no poor guy).
Already did, but it was to lobby him on making Nene the site's official oshi.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife

Pomu live with Firewatch. Great streamy game.
Edit: Chat keeps talking about how much Delilah's voice sounds like Nina's. I can hear it, but have some tact people.
The designs do look pretty bad, but it doesn't matter. People watch Kirsche for god's sake, the design doesn't matter at all
Excuse me, Kirsche's design is perfect. It suits her flirty applebees waitress vibe perfectly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom