Status
Not open for further replies.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Nice. Keep em coming.
Disagree. This stuff isn't news or anything, it's just being a dick.

If someone makes a members post spilling juicy secrets or saying important stuff that they should have said publicly in the first place, yeah, share it of course, but this is as close to 'stealing' as digital content gets and serves no purpose outside of 'stealing' content.

Edit: This isn't even like torrenting the concert where you maybe only care about 1 person in the whole show, making the price relatively unreasonable. If you like Kiara, you can give her $5, and if you can't give her $5, then you can screw off.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Oh no guys somebody help i started liking IrohaXLa+ fan arts de gozaru
20230703_200934.jpg
LOVE

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
And here's Kiara's July Membership wallpaper if anyone wants it. Not sure how people feel about these being shared, but eh, whatever.
Disagree. This stuff isn't news or anything, it's just being a dick.

If someone makes a members post spilling juicy secrets or saying important stuff that they should have said publicly in the first place, yeah, share it of course, but this is as close to 'stealing' as digital content gets and serves no purpose outside of 'stealing' content.
I'd recommend not directly reposting members-only content without either permission to share it or some kind of accompanying commentary or critique that could reasonably be considered fair dealing. I'm not sure whether sharing content behind this particular kind of paywall would be considered piracy from a legal perspective, but it'd be better to not tempt a megacorp into sending takedown requests our way.

If these things are leaked off-site then it's not the forum's problem, but if we're reuploading the content directly to the forum's hosting server that's a lightning rod for trouble.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan

My wife going full Jim Jones, I see.
:architect::calidrinking::architect:

Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Nara's PL is Chia, the same girl having a chat collab with Miyu right now.
Talk about EX-IDs doing PL collab, I did notice that Nara had a facecam collab with Xia, Etna, and Reza's PL a couple of days back on her channel

I'm pretty sure most if not all EX-IDs had their PLs linked with each other, the only ones I haven't confirmed yet are Rai, Layla, Riksa, Azura, Bonnivier, Derem, and Nagisa. Though I recall that someone did say that Layla used to be a pretty known cosplayer so I think we'll find it eventually
Layna Laznar? shes not a cosplayer or she wasn't when she started shes got a small business that sells custom merch you can order along with some other stuff forgot it's name not discounting her from knowing the other PL's just clarifying on what she use to do/does outside of vtubing.
I think it's fair to say that Idol is buying its success where others have been more experimental.

But that doesn't mean it's wrong. In the end, they're using that money to support and grow their talents. That's better than calling yourself a vtuber corp and doing literally nothing.

And crucially, they're using their money to buy and grow small talents (Riro excepted). Compare to vshojo, which just buys big streamers.

I'll take the former over the latter any day of the week.
bit of a Rrat here but i suspect Idol had nothing to do with Offkai beyond donations they just funded the thing I know alot of cons are formed by one person or team handling the whole thing themselves with a set budget.

Correct me if i'm super wrong but Dashcon (*mocking trombone*) RTX Anime Boston all started this way a small group of people pooling cash and praying they don't turn into rainfurrest (yes even before rainfurrest was a thing people dreaded becoming it)

IF i'm correct and it seems likely i am due to being unable to find a concrete name or organization taking credit for it (so likely Volunteers doing it for free/minimum wage for whatever reason) the mismanagement can be blamed on inexperienced organizers while i didin't look TOO deep into it it seems like the only reason there was an OFFKAI this year (and next apparently) is the funding from Idol

Please do prove me wrong if I'm incorrect di some bare minimum googling combine with what i know about how some conventions get set up. If we can find out who booked the Hyatt we can figure out exactly who bumblefucked the whole thing so badly.

desudesu

Layna Laznar? shes not a cosplayer or she wasn't when she started shes got a small business that sells custom merch you can order along with some other stuff forgot it's name not discounting her from knowing the other PL's just clarifying on what she use to do/does outside of vtubing.

bit of a Rrat here but i suspect Idol had nothing to do with Offkai beyond donations they just funded the thing I know alot of cons are formed by one person or team handling the whole thing themselves with a set budget.

Correct me if i'm super wrong but Dashcon (*mocking trombone*) RTX Anime Boston all started this way a small group of people pooling cash and praying they don't turn into rainfurrest (yes even before rainfurrest was a thing people dreaded becoming it)

IF i'm correct and it seems likely i am due to being unable to find a concrete name or organization taking credit for it (so likely Volunteers doing it for free/minimum wage for whatever reason) the mismanagement can be blamed on inexperienced organizers while i didin't look TOO deep into it it seems like the only reason there was an OFFKAI this year (and next apparently) is the funding from Idol

Please do prove me wrong if I'm incorrect di some bare minimum googling combine with what i know about how some conventions get set up. If we can find out who booked the Hyatt we can figure out exactly who bumblefucked the whole thing so badly.
From what I know the people who ran offkai used to run yaoicon and some mlp con at the same hotel

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Honestly I prefer Kirameki Rider over SSS too.
Same, always have. I just think is a better balanced song and has better "moments" in the song for concerts, if that makes sense.

I'd recommend not directly reposting members-only content without either permission to share it or some kind of accompanying commentary or critique that could reasonably be considered fair dealing. I'm not sure whether sharing content behind this particular kind of paywall would be considered piracy from a legal perspective, but it'd be better to not tempt a megacorp into sending takedown requests our way.

If these things are leaked off-site then it's not the forum's problem, but if we're reuploading the content directly to the forum's hosting server that's a lightning rod for trouble.
Yeah, I wouldn't call it stealing, but I would call it a dick move. Informational membership posts are one thing, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth when people share the things that are being made or comissioned in order to draw in more members.

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
If Owner-san or Ward Jannies wanna delete it fine. But it's already everywhere else. Imageboard/booru, chans, Discord, other forums like HoloPirates. I got it secondhand myself via a Discord DM from a bro.

""""Stealing"""" though? :SelenHAHAhere: Coming off like one of those "you wouldn't download a car" glowies. :rolleyes: Like bitch, yeah i would. I share all my Kronii member posts too, which is the only Holo I'm willing to support with money. Nobody ever has a problem with those...

:botanshrug:

Maybe we need some sorta official stance on member shit? What a time for Owner-san to be away...

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
or some kind of accompanying commentary or critique that could reasonably be considered fair dealing.
Yeah, the 'fair use' argument is kinda what I was meaning to say; just straight up posting 'stolen' content that has no context, nothing newsworthy, no relation to anything.
Even something like, "Kiara says she hates semi-lewd art, but then she posts stuff like this in her members only?" (if it were true) would provide some sort of transformative value to the content.
But again, this is just, "Hey I'm leaking this because I like to steal, now excuse me I'm going to a gas station and I'm going to put some candy bars in my pants and walk out."
Yeah, I wouldn't call it stealing,
I've probably not been thorough about it, but I have been trying to use 'stolen' with the air-quotes because digital content is never really 'stolen', it's just copies.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

They are going to Kill each other because Ame hates Gura hsjdqklqdhh

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Oh wow, guess Gura finally got over Ame calling her a bitch.
:hic:

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
I find it funny I saw some chumbubs going "look she is gonna solo stream today, she doesn't hate us", and is actually a collab.
Amesame collab is better than solo stream

especially if it’s an off collab

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
mad scientist about to start
on today's menu: deep frying a whole lot of different things to celebrate America's birthday.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
The Council shimeji thing is done, they added Sana for the final update: https://akkanen.itch.io/hololive-council-shimejis
I've got a new pc now, so I can finally use these things how they are intended to be used without blowing up my computer:
1688508188604.png
Amesame collab is better than solo stream

especially if it’s an off collab
It's an off-collab shooting stream, but that part is a surprise for Gura. (they still hate each other, and Ame plans to do something about it)

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom