"Hahaha this is nothing compared to the questions you guys ask me all the time, questions like 'What flavor are Subaru-chan's boobs?'"Oozora Subaru

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
image.png

Yeah, nobody knows what you're doing. Started off trying to play dommy mommy, but you're barely out of highschool. It's been a crapshoot ever since.

image.png
image.png

There's lesbianism afoot! :SelenHAHAhere:

Packed night. (For me.)

SS Isa > Kronii > Kronii.

🎉 Fuck the fireworks.

VTuberBobDole

New kronii schedule.
View attachment 34195

Spanish duolingo, getting gura out of her cave and council collab, man what a week.
EDIT: lol
View attachment 34197 link

Thought I was going to have to endure clock woman to get my Gura fix, but looks like she will stream today!

(I'll probably still watch the collab anyway, my reserves are nearly empty.)

SomeRando

Actually, thinking a lil bit, its funny that froot gave a shoutout to Mana when Vshojo had a fundraiser for a charity working in Ukraine

Mana has a dedicated VK (russian fb) fanbase that often photoshops her retarded avatar in full Ratnik kit lmao, i know someone just posted that image very recently but i cant find it

Froot's gonna use that 50k to turn the Ukrainians trans!

Negzana

Thought I was going to have to endure clock woman to get my Gura fix, but looks like she will stream today!

Lia is gone (uuu), Dizzy is streaming tomorrow, and with Kaela she streams so long I don't mind tuning in later at night so I guess I'll catch Gura's stream tonight.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Gotta rake in those post-concert supas before she goes back to ghosting cuckbuds.

Nice to see her stream! Wonder if she will release details about her OG song.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

wonder what it is. Concert talk. 🤔

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
IRyS continuing her journey through Paul Verhoeven's filmography later tonight.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Prism's second anniversary song released earlier today. Love the MV.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
Last edited by a moderator:

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
I'm disappointed that no chubba has decided to play the hot new game on Steam for Freedom Day.
Only 99 cents. What a deal!

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
And here's Kiara's July Membership wallpaper if anyone wants it. Not sure how people feel about these being shared, but eh, whatever.

Nice. Keep em coming.

Regret

The age of MMD crimes has begun.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Ina in 5 minutes.

ina_goldfish.PNG
ina_hat.PNG

Last edited:

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
And here's Kiara's July Membership wallpaper if anyone wants it. Not sure how people feel about these being shared, but eh, whatever.

I'd give my thought but we're not supposed to thirstpost, so... good work I suppose.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Haachama being MIA at the moment though, the possibilities are horrifying.
Also, the fact that they didn't include her in the summer swimsuit thing is worrying. I feel like she might be the next Hololive to graduate. Possibly go to Vshojo with Kson?

Nothing will replicate Myth. It won't happen again and people wanting it to happen are delusional. That said Idol is looking to push some good talent out.

It really comes down to how sustainable their model of funding literally everything up front is long-term, because Aviel mentioned in one of his newsletters that Idol isn't profitable. Since then he's confirmed they have seed investments too, but even then the marketing campaign for EN2 was huge. Fully-animated trailers don't come cheap, neither does paying every single streamer in existence to restream five hours' worth of debuts; and that's not to mention the miscellaneous stuff like sponsoring OffKai. It's not inherently wrong to spend seemingly above your means in the first few years, you usually have to spend money to make money, but I'm wondering how long he's expecting to wait for relatively small superchat, membership, and merch (do they even have merch? I can't find a link to a shop on their website) revenue streams to earn it back, and how many more huge recruitment and promotion drives he can tank before the financials become an actual concern.

The thing I think Idol can benefit most from is that the company has almost flawless optics. The only noticeable black marks are some of the inexperienced HE girls graduating early (and even then they seemed to leave on good terms), and the kerfuffle with that artist a couple of weeks ago (which seems to be mostly forgotten about already). The company culture has more of a general audience appeal than something like Phase, and we haven't seen any catty shit spill out into the open like with Kawaii or EIEN. If Nijisanji keep shooting themselves in the foot at the rate they have been I think Idol have the best shot at being the next second place in EN vtubing.
I feel like their model is fairly sustainable in the long run. It won't buy them a yacht but the girls seem to be way more comfortable than they were in their past lives as far as numbers, revenue, support and overall mood.

Allow me to retort
PHASE NUMBAH WUAN!! :smugpipi:

In all seriousness I feel like Idol has been growing too aggressively without a proper foundation and that might bite them in the ass if something or someone shits the bed(looking at you Yuko and Menace). Throwing money at something is a great plan if you plan to sell your company for way above its value and let the sucker who buys it figure it out how to make it profitable, something I still think is head jew's plan. All the marketing sure drives the numbers up but how many of the people you attract actually put in the money in your pockets. The industry is driven by donations and merch. They don't seem to have merch at all, the donations might be good for the talents but for the company I doubt it's a decent return when they burn so much money on marketing. Someone can correct me on this but the only sponsorship they've had so far is from raid shadow legends of all things and I still remember juna barely breaking 100 viewers on that, something that is kinda laughable when they've invested so much in marketing and raid is the only one to throw money at them.
I agree that Idol feels like a pay-to-win thing. That said I feel like them pumping money into the talents is what forced Sakana into doing the same. Shit like debut watchalongs, advertisements for donothons and whatnot. Previous to them, it seems that Sakana was trying to imitate Hololive and up to a certain point he still is.

The Chinchila is going to stop reading pre stream chats to save time. Also no more talks of other vtubers and no backseating/spoilers during the game. Looks like she also deleted her Marshmallow, because she's getting some terrible messages anonymously.

She also added talks about Pippa is still okay, unless Pippa tells her to stop.
This is probably for the best. She seems to always be about 15 minutes behind on the chat. It's very cute and endearing but it does eat up a bunch of her time. As for the Marrows, I still don't get why the fuck they pay any attention to them. You can clearly see that these types of marrows are meant like a gut punch.

(the fact that someone would do this to Chinchilla is beyond me but clearly, some people don't deserve to live)

Some DN stuff.
First, him liking Tenma's tweet to him is funny
View attachment 34185
2nd he has surpassed the number of subs he had before the controversy
View attachment 34186
View attachment 34187
What fucked him up was that he stopped making content for about 5-6 months. That shit will cripple your growth. Even with the stupid drama, he should've just taken a month at most. I get that he was overwhelmed with a bunch of shit happening and a bit burned out but now that he realized that "going to college" doesn't really take as much time as you would expect, he has to fill up that dead space with something to do (and what better than to get back at making videos).

I will confess to being a Phase fag but I'd like to see Idol Corp sort itself out and become profitable. Competition forces companies to improve their products, and I think Idol Corp could provide good competition to Phase Connect within the small corpo vtuber sphere.
Idol has already pushed Phase to improve. Hell, they started looking for people to do shorts, pushed more ads, and seem to be pumping more money into the talents.

Idol does seem to need to work on their merch department. I wonder if they could get their own collectible figures going. Their models are really nice for it.

I fully expect the Idol "mean girls" Discord leak to come out before the end of this year at the earliest or right before the first anniversary of the Cyberlive transplants at the latest. That kind of pettiness is impossible to hold in forever.
All of the Cyberlive pettiness and hate seems to be directed at Lumi. Hylo was also a huge part of it. Not sure what happened but Lumi's growth may have helped fuel it. Hopefully, they learned their lesson (keep shit to yourself, and it's not a fucking competition), but women gonna woman so we will have to wait and see.

doesn't this read more like a pippa anti? telling him she should follow her plan and timestamping how she was planning to kill herself. I still don't get why they get so hung up on negative marshmallows, just delete them or ignore them, making any type of stink just gives them the win.
Because women are retarded and they will hyper-focus on that 1 person being a troll and looking for a reaction instead of the 1000 fans saying positive things.

The Phase fandom is Balkanized to all hell.
They hate each other from their little enclaves but become a pack of wolverines on methamphetamines when outsiders get uppity.
I think that at one point this was true but it was mostly directed at Pippa's fanbase. I think it might have decreased when the talents started setting up some boundaries, banning/muting people, and coming to terms that she has the biggest fanbase and they will spill over.

I have nothing against idol but the entire company just feels artificial. Like the way they handled offkai after being the prime sponsor was very strange to say the least
It's the Pay-to-win effect. Like when you see that guy in an MMO that is max level with full custom donated gear and 500 effects and they dont fully know how to play the game. I don't think it's a bad thing in this case but I can see how it feels weird.

I'd like to see how long they stay looking. I can't imagine there's a lot of interest when an entire gen walks in unison, that kind of event spontaneously generates fresh rodents for a very long time.
We still don't know what happened to Gen3 and I haven't kept up with them to see if they have hinted at the issue. My rrat was that management ignored/neglected them and only focused on Gens 1 and 2 because of the whole 3d + Concert thing. Why would they stay and get a cut if the only "support" they received from management was the brand name and the model (most of the girls already had a model anyways). Other than Aletta (and Oceanne), the other girls were struggling to grow.

Actually, thinking a lil bit, its funny that froot gave a shoutout to Mana when Vshojo had a fundraiser for a charity working in Ukraine

Mana has a dedicated VK (russian fb) fanbase that often photoshops her retarded avatar in full Ratnik kit lmao, i know someone just posted that image very recently but i cant find it

Oh no.

Jesus fucking christ Froot. Is this girl actively trying to sabotage her own company or is it just in her nature that everything she does somehow ends up fucking things up for others?

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom