"I've been talking about the time when I was a LINE person, an alpha-tweeter, a bad-bitch in the kitchen, and the first person who claimed to be the strongest in controversy, and since then I've been so invincible that I've become a bit of an asshole"Nakaoka

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Also, someone put 860+ hours to create a giant Moona pixel art in Minecraft

Only appropriate of her fans to match the level of autism she puts into the game.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

First time watching Frog model of Kiwawa. She looks so cuuute

Gravedigger

Most of the time, my own...
Early Adopter
la+ already got in trouble for playing offline with males before

You mean unicorns imploding? That's not trouble, that's entertainment.

First time watching Frog model of Kiwawa. She looks so cuuute

What art style should I go for? Ah yes, "made by a preschooler" it is!

The only valid reason fo a game to look like this is if this game's target audience is actual preschoolers. I'm noone to give much crap about graphics in videogames but this is so ugly to look at.

Last edited:

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Yes. Be proud of what you've created.

Actually relevant talking point: So Axel was playing everyone's favorite "Bullet Heaven" Vampire Survivors last night and this morning, and in his first stream he talked about how he wants to try roleplaying as your high school best friend because he can just act as himself pretty much and he doesn't have to do any "sussy shit". Dingo is too pure and dumb if he doesn't see how this can go very wrong on a parasocial level.

He also had a little sprite of himself with a chain whip attack animation that he used to put over top the Vampire Survivor player sprite, and supposedly all members of Tempus have a sprite like this that they can use. I don't know why they have these, but it exists.

View attachment 2967
He has 2 Vampire Survivor streams already? I'm watching the first one right now, but the beginning of that part was hilarious: "Nuthin' sussy, y'know. Nuthin' sussy, tho...No dick-sucking.” (~18:20)

Last edited:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Since you didn’t like the last PomuTori art, let me try this again

funny, you’ve probably seen this one

And something super kawaii, not chubby either

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Spooder will be having a zatsudan stream

Last edited:

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter

uquusquad

creator, innovator, artist, idea
Early Adopter
400 pages of madness. Still trying to decide if this was a good thing or not.
Just set up a patreon, or some other bullshit donation site. This will be a good thing if you loose less than 60 dorrah a month.

Last edited:

Gravedigger

Most of the time, my own...
Early Adopter
Last edited:

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
So I saw this and thought the tittle was just a shitpost

I was wrong,

1666204042529.png

tho the Dog cam is jus a looped video, she doesn't even have a dog lol

ChilChakSack

Send gastralia and fourth trochanter.
Early Adopter
So I just went down a bit of a rabbit hole and ended up with more questions than answers:

I recalled that an artist whose works I would occasionally come across was planning to become a vtuber, so I decided to check them out, only to find that they have been inactive for several months.

This is Nana Nanatsuki otherwise known as the artist Ex-Pulse:

Their situation is similar to Juniper's as they made their own model and have made it evident that they are simply an artist portraying their OC, though unlike Juniper her model was rigged by brian_tsui rather than herself.

Here are some examples of her artwork;

Karyl_by_ex_pulse.jpgZenith_by_ex_pulse.pngZenith_and_Nana_by_ex_pulse.jpg

Her now inactive Twitch: nana0957 (would link but this site seems to want to turn it into a video) and her Twitter where she appears to still post: https://twitter.com/nana0957.

Naturally, I wanted to find out what had happened to her but couldn't find anything as to why she stopped streaming. Instead I found that they were apparently part of a vtuber group known as Atelier Live. I back searched the thread to see if there was any information on this but all I found was that they were more of a friend group rather than a real company and collective befuddlement as to why Artemis of the Blue was also in this group surrounded by mostly artists who had made their own models. My search lead me to lolcow.farm where I found that they were affiliated with a very familiar face:
Nagu in Atelier Live.png
That's right, Ina/Naguri was apparently part of this group and rumored to be in some kind of managerial position.
I couldn't find too much more on Atelier Live, their twitter still seems to be active, but their Reddit hasn't been touched in about a year and is 90% about Artemis (Does this count as a "Reddit Moment"?).

Looking further into Ex-Pulse/Nana herself I found that they are a vtuber mama: https://www.expulse.moe/collection ( I can't decide whether I love or hate the name Midwest Raven) and they wrote a web comic featuring her Nana character: Four Quarters (I haven't read it so I have no idea of its quality but you can tell how long she has been working on it simply based on the progression of the art quality).

This is just from a couple of hours of searching and I'm not sure how much further I am going to go down this hole but my journey has presented many different directions which my inquiry can continue to venture.

What happened to Nana/Atelier Live?

Why was Artemis in a group mostly comprised of talented artists?

What was Ina's involvement in the group?

Did Ina study geology in Calgary?

Will Yuni stream later today after several months of hiatus and a busted computer?

Last edited:

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
He has 2 Vampire Survivor streams already? I'm watching the first one right now, but the beginning of that part was hilarious: "Nuthin' sussy, y'know. Nuthin' sussy, tho..." (~18:20)

Axel did another stream less then 12 hours after the first one and he played until Vesper's Zatsu was coming up. Axel just liked the game even though he was clearly struggling if you watched his really early gameplay, so he played it again similar to how he plays Zelda where it is a spur of the moment guerilla stream.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Why was Artemis in a group mostly comprised of talented artists?

What was Ina's involvement in the group?
Maybe Ina started an artist group and then decided to invite her boy/girl/whateverfriend into it?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Lui is taking a page out of the Council and Baewatch books doing a host club where all the boys are variations of herself genderbent as different tropes. Happening on the 24th for those godless-heathens that are interested, like me.

djsgyt2ufru91.jpg

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Fill in that rabbit-shaped hole today.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Why are they so fat.
Peagade’s name on Twitter used to include “CEO of Chubby Kiara”

I mean chubby faces can be cute. I think Selen looks cute irl

TwoBit

Early Adopter
found this little gem on poa.st
View attachment 2964
I played with the chat ai a bit after seeing this and found out that some of them know how to greentext.

View attachment 2965

The AI is slowly becoming more self-aware and more based.

Yes. Be proud of what you've created.

Actually relevant talking point: So Axel was playing everyone's favorite "Bullet Heaven" Vampire Survivors last night and this morning, and in his first stream he talked about how he wants to try roleplaying as your high school best friend because he can just act as himself pretty much and he doesn't have to do any "sussy shit". Dingo is too pure and dumb if he doesn't see how this can go very wrong on a parasocial level.

He also had a little sprite of himself with a chain whip attack animation that he used to put over top the Vampire Survivor player sprite, and supposedly all members of Tempus have a sprite like this that they can use. I don't know why they have these, but it exists.

View attachment 2967

So I know corpo vtubers needs permission to play games. What about mods? I know something like this where Axel is using a sprite or when the Myth girls played Don't Starve with their own characters modded into the game really wouldn't need permission since it's already implied. But theoretically, would they need each mod author's permission to play a fully modded game of Fallout New Vegas?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Peagade’s name on Twitter used to include “CEO of Chubby Kiara”

I mean chubby faces can be cute. I think Selen looks cute irl
Nolan was Jersh's alt account all along...

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
So I know corpo vtubers needs permission to play games. What about mods? I know something like this where Axel is using a sprite or when the Myth girls played Don't Starve with their own characters modded into the game really wouldn't need permission since it's already implied. But theoretically, would they need each mod author's permission to play a fully modded game of Fallout New Vegas?
As far as im aware yes, Selen did a modded left 4 dead collab a while ago but all the mods had to be created for the collab and she made a threads in twitter where people could post mod they created for them to use in the collab and they couldn´t use other mods.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
The AI is slowly becoming more self-aware and more based.

It’s hilarious if real, but I think that AIRyS chat log is fake.

I don’t know about the Don’t Starve stream, but the thing Axel did with VS is the same thing a few others have done with playing it: it’s just an image on obs, it’s nothing in-game.
Other than that though, you are correct, they need permission from each individual mod creator. I’d imagine that some developers also specify ‘no mods, even if you get perms for them’. That part is just me guessing, but I know for a fact that the ‘need perms from the mod creator’ part is true because a few different people have said that on stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom