"This is what happens when you don't get abortions, kids"Pipkin Pippa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Well do I have news for you gramps! Someone made a retro arcade with a blockbuster next to it!

This was made by the dude who got popular on youtube a while back who made the 80s anime style star wars.

Neat, /m/ autist from the old days still making great stuff.

If anyone wanted to troll the PC girls, Twitch Spawn is apparently active even when they aren't streaming while on block game, as Shiina discovered during Erina's 7 hour stream.

hime_blockgame_twitchspawn_tldr.png

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Holy fuck lmao that is very surreal for me to know that people today have a virtual Kmart they meet up in. If you had told me two decades ago that in the future people would use virtual reality tech to make a 1:1 digital model of Kmart they could hang out in, no flying cars yet, just digital Kmart.... I'd have lost any semblance of hope for the future.

That being said I like the idea and hope there is or that someone makes a Blockbuster
Welcome to Cyberpunk 2022. I've said this multiple times, but I think half the dystopian writers of the past century would've either laughed in your face, or lost their mind if you told them how utterly gay and retarded the dark future would turn out.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Didnt bao at some point bitch about being doxed or some shit when she was just barely gaining clout?, i cant remember if it was that or it was the situation where she went full ham on a literal autist because he revealed she had a BF in a private VC

Kalion

:)
Didnt bao at some point bitch about being doxed or some shit when she was just barely gaining clout?, i cant remember if it was that or it was the situation where she went full ham on a literal autist because he revealed she had a BF in a private VC
Bao has also posted her face on her vtuber account many times. Back during last year's "Vtuber vs real person" twitter trend last year she posted herself then too. She often posts her face then deletes it a few days later.

Last edited:

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
As a creative writer/roleplayer myself, I can tell you that the average person these days is staggeringly uncreative. In fact I'd say two thirds of all 'creative' people are just people who copy stuff obscure enough that most other people don't recognize the influence. On average trying to teach somebody to be creative does nothing but expand the mental reach of their copying ability. People internalize creative 'rules and regulations' very easily and will stick with them, even subconsciously, through thick and thin. I'm idly reminded of that ex-Blizzard guy Pippa interviewed, who was raging that the Chinese rejected his unbelievably sophisticated and original ideas that he could sum up with two words; 'sand elves'.

Now I like derivative stuff. One of my favorite game series is Super Robot Wars, which is all about packaging up something that already exists and very slightly spinning it in a new direction. But these days people are taught that creativity is scary. Creativity isn't for them. Only those weird and crazy artist-types 'create'. You don't create, you dumb pleb. You just sit there and copy, and call it your 'inspiration'. Plus, people are taught to crave a comfortable, mindless norm. A VR Kmart is perfect for these people. It's an idealized version of something safe, normal and conventional where they go to consume stuff that leaves them feeling generically positive for a few hours, but with none of the unpleasant stuff like queues, angry customers, etc.

tl;dr; giant meteor when
I'd personally say that at this point within a lot creative media, like creative writing, everything is varying degrees of copy pasting from other stuff. There's just too many types of things that you can't avoid copying from somewhere or being influenced by something, all mythological stories for example tend to stem from somewhere in reality as a lot of myths were designed to answer questions about the universe that at the time we lacked tools to know about them like we do with modern science. No matter how outlandish the answer, like the Aztec's belief that the sun won't come back unless they sacrifice things to it, It was an answer. It is why a lot of mythological stories talk about things like the sun or the moon, how does the ocean work, or "mother nature". They all stem from observations of real things, and propose mythological answers to them.

I'd argue the biggest thing that holds back most creativity within things like writing/drawing/etc is people being unmovable in their lack of interest to explore things. I personally believe that in writing for example, all relevant characters need to propose a question of some sort that the work intends to solve through actions and other related questions being proposed through events or other characters. You can run any general idea you want, as long as they propose a reasonable, plausible, and effective question within the work. When characters with different questions clash that's how you actually get things to happen, if the protagonist believes in X and the antagonist believes in Y, what happens? I think most people just don't want to ask questions, and within something like roleplaying especially, they just want to at best tell their usually somewhat shallow life through something else using their most favorite things to do so.

I'd say this stems from people who have fairly shallow lives that at best are influenced from one particular event or thing they like good or bad that they can't move out of, and it centralizes everything they can think about. Great emotional writing for example can stem from people trying to convey an life changing experience in their life with all their heart and mind, and uses everything they can to share that experience. Death of the family member for example I've noticed tends to be a common example. No one explores other ideas, or tries to invert things because they are incapable of doing so, and they lack a life changing moment to force them to change themselves or consider other things. I think with things like the internet people have just lingered into a space where they don't really explore things very much and it is too safe to really change them most the time, at least not enough to take in anything. Practically no one uses the internet to observe multiple philosophies and then tries to use those ideas in their own way, they stick to one school of thought and just stay in that one school they find first forever because it is simpler to do so.

tl;dr: People can't explore things, their is so much around them and yet they refuse to move out of their one spot. So of course they're uncreative.

Clip tax: Altare is holding Maglord hostage somewhere, soon Altare will be the only member of Tempus once he figures out how to best Vesper's thunder thighs and the wildlife within Northern Elysium.

Last edited:

masterstocking

Early Adopter
Screenshot_8.jpg

Pippa certainly is up there in AI chat popularity. these days

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
Last edited:

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Vshojo is partnering with Breast Cancer Research Foundation

Vesper got a new friend in Minecraft

Also, look at this cool Ina Gundman! [Reddit link] [Twitter link]
ina-1.jpg

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Piarro

Early Adopter
Pippa certainly is up there in AI chat popularity. these days
What I'm seeing here is that Pippa has more schizo fans than Calli or Rushia but less than Gura

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

masterstocking

Early Adopter
Vshojo is partering with Breast Cancer Research Foundation

People told me they were cancer? I'm so confused...

Except Mousey, she's cool

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
As a creative writer/roleplayer myself, I can tell you that the average person these days is staggeringly uncreative. In fact I'd say two thirds of all 'creative' people are just people who copy stuff obscure enough that most other people don't recognize the influence. On average trying to teach somebody to be creative does nothing but expand the mental reach of their copying ability. People internalize creative 'rules and regulations' very easily and will stick with them, even subconsciously, through thick and thin. I'm idly reminded of that ex-Blizzard guy Pippa interviewed, who was raging that the Chinese rejected his unbelievably sophisticated and original ideas that he could sum up with two words; 'sand elves'.

Now I like derivative stuff. One of my favorite game series is Super Robot Wars, which is all about packaging up something that already exists and very slightly spinning it in a new direction. But these days people are taught that creativity is scary. Creativity isn't for them. Only those weird and crazy artist-types 'create'. You don't create, you dumb pleb. You just sit there and copy, and call it your 'inspiration'. Plus, people are taught to crave a comfortable, mindless norm. A VR Kmart is perfect for these people. It's an idealized version of something safe, normal and conventional where they go to consume stuff that leaves them feeling generically positive for a few hours, but with none of the unpleasant stuff like queues, angry customers, etc.

tl;dr; giant meteor when
The problem with creativity is that if you're the one who comes up with something there's always the chance that it fails, or people just don't get it, and that can make you feel bad, so it's best to just never try in the first place.

It also doesn't help that creativity is somehow attributed to artists and weirdos alone now, instead of being applied to the broad spectrum of possibility, because contrary to popular belief, creating new technology or whatever is just as creative as putting ink on paper.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
The problem with creativity is that if you're the one who comes up with something there's always the chance that it fails, or people just don't get it, and that can make you feel bad, so it's best to just never try in the first place...
Vesper talked about it in his recent zatsu. Brought up how author of Moby Dick was not recognized, and his book was discovered like 70 years after his death by some lit professor. So even if the book didn't bring him much happiness and profit in his life, it is still something that imortalized him in a sense. I think there are number of stories like that about great pieces of art in any form.

Also, Day 7 of Holoctober is somewhat limiting the creativity: Miko

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter

Yep. Visa Issues. The typhoon is just the convenient excuse to hid the fuckery. In Pomu case, she was waiting for the emails and it was so long that she decided to just say "fuck it" and cancel it.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter

More Chicken GTA V

Haha what the hell? Nolan has his very own forum title! Did you ever think you were going to be remembered like this in vtubing community?

Edit: know I'm late but still interesting thing to ask.

Last edited:

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Watame did nothing wrong.

As a Shien

As a Gura ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom