Status
Not open for further replies.

thequ1eteye

Early Adopter
Moona keeps on trying RTS, this time good old Starcraft 2:

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

It looks like Bao just...doxxed herself? People are going mad sperging out over her looks, fumbling over each other to ask her for marriage, etc..

I don't know...publicity stunt, maybe?

Attachments

• Bao🐳🍋TWITCHCON on Twitter copy.jpg
    Bao🐳🍋TWITCHCON on Twitter copy.jpg
    634.3 KB · Views: 51

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
If you had told me two decades ago that in the future people would use virtual reality tech to make a 1:1 digital model of Kmart they could hang out in, no flying cars yet, just digital Kmart.... I'd have lost any semblance of hope for the future.

As a creative writer/roleplayer myself, I can tell you that the average person these days is staggeringly uncreative. In fact I'd say two thirds of all 'creative' people are just people who copy stuff obscure enough that most other people don't recognize the influence. On average trying to teach somebody to be creative does nothing but expand the mental reach of their copying ability. People internalize creative 'rules and regulations' very easily and will stick with them, even subconsciously, through thick and thin. I'm idly reminded of that ex-Blizzard guy Pippa interviewed, who was raging that the Chinese rejected his unbelievably sophisticated and original ideas that he could sum up with two words; 'sand elves'.

Now I like derivative stuff. One of my favorite game series is Super Robot Wars, which is all about packaging up something that already exists and very slightly spinning it in a new direction. But these days people are taught that creativity is scary. Creativity isn't for them. Only those weird and crazy artist-types 'create'. You don't create, you dumb pleb. You just sit there and copy, and call it your 'inspiration'. Plus, people are taught to crave a comfortable, mindless norm. A VR Kmart is perfect for these people. It's an idealized version of something safe, normal and conventional where they go to consume stuff that leaves them feeling generically positive for a few hours, but with none of the unpleasant stuff like queues, angry customers, etc.

tl;dr; giant meteor when

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
As a creative writer/roleplayer myself, I can tell you that the average person these days is staggeringly uncreative. In fact I'd say two thirds of all 'creative' people are just people who copy stuff obscure enough that most other people don't recognize the influence. On average trying to teach somebody to be creative does nothing but expand the mental reach of their copying ability. People internalize creative 'rules and regulations' very easily and will stick with them, even subconsciously, through thick and thin. I'm idly reminded of that ex-Blizzard guy Pippa interviewed, who was raging that the Chinese rejected his unbelievably sophisticated and original ideas that he could sum up with two words; 'sand elves'.

Now I like derivative stuff. One of my favorite game series is Super Robot Wars, which is all about packaging up something that already exists and very slightly spinning it in a new direction. But these days people are taught that creativity is scary. Creativity isn't for them. Only those weird and crazy artist-types 'create'. You don't create, you dumb pleb. You just sit there and copy, and call it your 'inspiration'. Plus, people are taught to crave a comfortable, mindless norm. A VR Kmart is perfect for these people. It's an idealized version of something safe, normal and conventional where they go to consume stuff that leaves them feeling generically positive for a few hours, but with none of the unpleasant stuff like queues, angry customers, etc.

tl;dr; giant meteor when

Education has been underfunded in a lot of countries for decades on purpose. Makes for a more compliant populace who can't logic what's being done to them. First thing to go when budgets are tight are things like art and music department, because they are seen as 'unnecessary'. It creates a society of consumers who are conditioned to obtain anything creative elsewhere, because they can't think creatively themselves.

giant meteor.jpeg

Soon.

subway what copy.jpg

This rant was sponsored by Subway™: killing Vtuber idols since 2022.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Gura talking about Mario movie trailer

- She also recounted her moment when she got autograph from Riku Tazumi/ANYCOLOR CEO himself. Mostly ushered by her new manager and mustered enough extrovert strength to reach out to him
- Surprisingly, Riku Tazumi is fluent enough in English to talk with Selen. Said that he has been taking english lessons as far as the creation of EN branch. Selen also joked around the idea of getting him to play Apex with her.

Selen clip of the moment

Holooctober day 6 - flight attendants:

EDIT:
Now I like derivative stuff. One of my favorite game series is Super Robot Wars, which is all about packaging up something that already exists and very slightly spinning it in a new direction. But these days people are taught that creativity is scary. Creativity isn't for them. Only those weird and crazy artist-types 'create'...
Thought you might like this, even if only tangentially related:

Last edited:

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
The wipe isn't earlier. Monthly wipe on all rust servers is alyways first thursday of the month.
But yeah Rust seems to be dead, they had their fun in S2, and now the hype is gone.
NPCs being bugged, chat being retarded, plus individual factors seem more the cause, to be honest.

I personally would have liked for turrets and the like, that we had with Pekofortress in S2, but rules did away with it.

Maybe S4 will be a procedural map again. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of fight club arenas/battle islands again. It would be nice to have the same magic we had in S2.
FbnhubpUIAE51JJ.jpeg

It looks like Bao just...doxxed herself? People are going mad sperging out over her looks, fumbling over each other to ask her for marriage, etc..

We already knew what she looked like though. She also has/had a boyfriend at the time of her RL pic being noticed. She was a fleshtuber utaite before going coomerbaituber, right?Screenshot_20221007-062556_Brave.jpg

Last edited:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

In the battle of the whales, she must be losing to shilylily.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
The fortuneteller sheep is interviewing someone from the Tokyo Turkish Cultural Centre (prerecorded, premiering in less than half an hour). This would probably suit the Islamic Content stamp if it's there.

At least there is someone approving Kronii's liquid Subway

Koyori actually got me thinking. If Kronii blends veggie subway, won't it be closer to a vegetable/vegan smoothie? Would be more compatible than blending meatball/cheese/steak/chicken with water.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter

Do Asians instinctively want to put Vaseline on the lens of their phones and hide their faces in the weirdest way possible? This time with some sort of blue crust.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
Bao is one of the EN Tubers that jumped on the bandwagon for relevancy rather than any actual appreciation for the medium, and her attention whore behavior of posting her real face just to get randos to compliment her really goes to show how she slipped through the cracks of VTuber gatekeeping. She's an e-thot in VTuber's clothing.

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
We already knew what she looked like though. She also has/had a boyfriend at the time of her RL pic being noticed. She was a fleshtuber utaite before going coomerbaituber, right?View attachment 1908
Plot twist, an EN indie Vtuber caves into the subconscious need to beg for attention and have their IRL looks praised. Stop the presses.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

New outfit reveal for Sora.

Bunch of the Holo JP girls are doing a group Splatoon stream in about 40 minutes. Vesper will be streaming Diablo II: Resurrected later. Zeta got into the Street Fighter 6 beta.

Hopefully we get a Lisaturday stream tonight. 🌈

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
PC specs for Mooners at the moment. Said her Ryzen setup cost nearly 3 months' worth of salary.

Mooners pc specs.png

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
Bao is one of the EN Tubers that jumped on the bandwagon for relevancy rather than any actual appreciation for the medium, and her attention whore behavior of posting her real face just to get randos to compliment her really goes to show how she slipped through the cracks of VTuber gatekeeping. She's an e-thot in VTuber's clothing.

She was also an early & active part of Domo's "inner circle" of vtubing "talents" along with Artemis during the early days of EN vtubing as Domo was trying to position himself for importance/relevancy in the scene (conducting interviews, even got Pikamee as a guest at some point) which ultimately fizzled out in the end. The Domo and Artemis association also helped doom her as a lot of folks wrote her off because of it.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Did she? I was watching the stream and I only remember her saying the delay was not his fault.
Thought she did, but apparently not.

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Holy fuck lmao that is very surreal for me to know that people today have a virtual Kmart they meet up in. If you had told me two decades ago that in the future people would use virtual reality tech to make a 1:1 digital model of Kmart they could hang out in, no flying cars yet, just digital Kmart.... I'd have lost any semblance of hope for the future.

That being said I like the idea and hope there is or that someone makes a Blockbuster
Well do I have news for you gramps! Someone made a retro arcade with a blockbuster next to it!

This was made by the dude who got popular on youtube a while back who made the 80s anime style star wars.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Sheesh, back to 20 page catch ups if you skip a day. Das the ol' autism at work.

NPCs being bugged, chat being retarded, plus individual factors seem more the cause, to be honest.

I personally would have liked for turrets and the like, that we had with Pekofortress in S2, but rules did away with it.

Maybe S4 will be a procedural map again. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of fight club arenas/battle islands again. It would be nice to have the same magic we had in S2.
I think they'll either need to manage some new blood or find something to draw people back in.
As far as I know Miko said she's basically done with Rust and the summary posted here says Kiara is too. EN mostly no showed S3. Not sure if anyone else has said anything similar but I imagine a few others potentially drop. Personally sort of stopped paying attention to who was on a bit after S3 started. Didn't catch any of the finale for S3 either so not sure who all showed up either.
It seemed like a few of them sort of just ended up using it as another minecraft outside of the things you mentioned. They might be running out of ideas they want to mess around with, and with the wipes it's not like you can do any grand projects that are going to survive.

That said I think it would be funny if for one season they just did some goofy hunger games/squid games/MXC type shit. Make a big ass death maze for people who don't help make it to run through. Spike traps, fake doors, fake rooms, doors leading to turrets etc. Death races, helicopter wars/races, obstacle courses and whatever other random shit one can come up with.
Maybe that's just basically 3D Holo sports fest.
No clue how amusing that would be to set up though or if NPCs can totally ruin that.

Admittedly I have no clue how involved the endgame is and what else there is for them to do after. Pekora's S2 fort seemed like the pinnacle of whatever chaos the game seemed to offer to a Rust pleb like me. Tough act to follow, or at least without a break inbetween anyway.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
At least there is someone approving Kronii's liquid Subway

Koyori actually got me thinking. If Kronii blends veggie subway, won't it be closer to a vegetable/vegan smoothie? Would be more compatible than blending meatball/cheese/steak/chicken with water.

If she used as much water as she did for the meat subs it would be just as disgusting. Also Koyori drinks mayonnaise. And that would probably be a more palatable method of increasing blendability than water.

The last estimate I saw for Sakamata's age was... 27? That seems a bit high. Then again, despite the dumb orca shtick she's kept out of trouble much better than most of her genmates lol.

Here's your hag laugh top-up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom