"Opinions only hurt if you're a bitch"Scarle Yonaguni

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I like how /vt/ and even some areas of Twtter/Reddit were set on shitposting and schizophrenic ramblings by a single Senzawa tweet and the predictions of Goorah going on hiatus because she totes hates Hololive now were immediately proven false lmao

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
She's finally admitted to being a Disney adult.
Bit of a PL, her level doesn't repel me, one of my sister-in-laws on the other hand....

She's feeling a bit scared tonight, hope the sharky fares alright

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

Shark time. Horror game with heart monitor.

She's finally admitted to being a Disney adult.

Shes talking about who she would voice if she was in the mario movie. She doesn’t even want to be a goomba. Also she wants to play Slender The Eight Pages.

Also Selen will be live in 44 minutes talking about NIJIFES and her trip to Japan.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Oh god oh fuck smol Ame is stuck in a computer.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Oh god oh fuck smol Ame is stuck in a computer.

Yeah, this is exactly what I thought it was earlier. She's generating art with AI. But with an Ame twist.
Kind of strange when the rest of Myth wasn't exactly on the positive side of the debate and she deleted her tweet about it.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Sheep in case you want a pretty comfy time

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Yeah, this is exactly what I thought it was earlier. She's generating art with AI. But with an Ame twist.
Kind of strange when the rest of Myth wasn't exactly on the positive side of the debate and she deleted her tweet about it.
Pretty sure she's not generating art with AI.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
HoloRust Season 3 is ending today.

Orange Chicken suddenly ended and privated the stream.. so, maybe malding from her over getting shot in the head by Choco one too many times? Or one of the girls raped her base with a bucket of C4.
Had nothing to do with any of that.
She had had luck with random encounters in the game and on top of that a sudden autism moment.

Basically, her main goal in this season of Rust was to ally herself with Pekora and help defend her base when the final battle comes. Turns out that during S3 the map was bigger, the JP made up some rules between themselves and NPC were bugged and didnt spawn in places that should be able to do raids. So S3 was pretty much dead, thats probably why the wipe is a bit earlier than in S2.

Kiara logs in and finds out that Pekoras base is almost completly decayed and Pekora didnt even bother showing up for the Rust finale, so suddenly the thing Kiara had been working towards all season long didn't happen.

She kinda lost purpose in the stream and didnt really know what to do and where the other were. She asked in chat what they were doing but didnt really get any helpful answers.
She got killed by Choco and Matsuri and then lost all of her good gear and she quickly lost motivation to play, felt bad about it being a boring stream and not living up to the hype of the S2 Finale. Her overthinking her own stream and being in a bad mood and slowly becoming motion sick because of a janky horse didnt help her.
She tried meeting up with the other girls by writing in game chat a few times but she felt autistic so she did so only every 20 minutes and didnt actually say that she wants to meet up and play with them.

In a last ditch attempt to make the stream somewhat interesting or fun she joined the VC Reine, Koyori and Polka were in and asked to join them nobody exect Reine even replied to her.
She got sad to hear that they were all having fun togehter and then her autism blocked her from barging in so she left the VC, quit the game, ended the stream and deinstalled Rust.

Its a nothingburger, she privated the stream because in her mind its a boring and drepessing stream (it kind of is) so it doesnt hold up to her own expectations.

Furter Kiara news:
  • She will travel to Italy with her mother in November
  • Going to Japan in December is fix, she will try to use the 3D studio while shes there but cant and wont make any promises yet, but shes already planning offcollabs with JPs (most likey Nene and Subaru, maybe hopefully Marine)
  • A JP member contatcted her with a serious propsal to come and visit Europe and she was suprised by that
  • Next week France snackbox review
  • She now owns a make-up table in her room
  • She did not get bonked for her selfdoxx infront of the GOT actor
  • She send off her german & austrian Snackbox to Bae, 60 euros worth of snacks and 140 eu for shipping

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
xpost as the other place is being ddos'd

Kaela did the GFE voicemail script that a 2 view made up. I recall seeing posted here or on /vt/, can't remember which.

gfe.JPG

notgood.png
I actually think this was pretty cringe and wish she wouldn't pander to parasocial weirdos.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Pretty sure she's not generating art with AI.
I dunno, watched the first 30min or so. She was asking for traits and typing stuff in the background then showing art after a while. Maybe she's fucking around but thats how it was being presented.

Edit: Nah that's what it is. Tuned back in and she was talking about how the images were AI made.

Last edited:

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
The use of the derivative work is going to be an important factor in fair use analysis, and a for-profit corpo using it as part of their revenue-generating activities is going to weigh strongly against fair use.

Also the training process seems to require reproduction of the copyrighted work in full as part of the process, so you potentially have thousands of claimants who can seek statutory damages of $750-$30k each.
I think we agree and disagree in some aspects. Yes, the AI can produce derivative works, but that doesn't mean that every single piece it produces will be a derivative work. As it is currently designed/being designed, the derivative works usually produced need to be explicitly requested/inputted from the user into the AI.

If an AI produces a picture of a dragon after looking at thousands of pictures of different dragons, it wouldn't be held under any more scrutiny than an artist that looks at several different dragon pictures before drawing one (as covered from the Trademark Office). The concept of a dragon would fall under fair use and many of the outputs of the AI, from what I seen, are generic or unique enough to follow the fair use clause (unless a bad faith actor uses said AI to purposely cause infringement). That is why I mentioned before it is likely the art produced from the AI won't in general be typically off limits, per se.

So yes, AI can produce works that is copyright infringement, but so do artists. AI by itself isn't likely to commit copyright infringement by itself, it has no will; unless a specific person purposely inputs information to cause such infringement many of the works should be fine.

Personally, my guess to cover's careful consideration to avoiding the AI art in general has a large part that has to do with political atmosphere, compared to just fair of profit use alone (after-all, what is their contingency plan if one of the fan-arts they find on a random twitter hashtag is copyright infringement? Considering both an AI user and artists need a bad-faith actor, the liability to copyright infringement is arguably similar/same.) There is also likely a bit of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", mentality there too. If Cover has no benefit of taking a risk, no matter how small, then why take it?

Did something happen that made most of Myth speak out about AI art? Did I miss some sort of yab? It just seems strange that all of a sudden 4 of the 5 girls are talking about it on the same day.
I recall seeing some of the roommates accounts liking tweets that were heavily anti-AI art. Dottovu being one of them iirc. Also, this shit has been blowing up ever since that one person won an art competition with AI art. Given the general career path of all the girls, it is likely they feel that they may have some "personal stake" in such communities, as well as the fact that there is effectively a beehive of twitter users who are heavily against AI and AI art is the currently popular thing to rage on about on twitter. Many of the tweets given out so far either don't take a stance on AI art, or can technically pass as "plausibly poor choice of wording" in terms of taking a stance.

Last edited:

Spergatory

Early Adopter
I personally think much of the AI debate is retarded. Remind me to never use Twitter and Reddit again. People are so up in arms about it like it's gonna take yer jerbs. If you really think that, you were probably not very good in the first place. AI art is just a cool and humorous(for me) tool to use. It's not gonna beat someone that's very skilled at art and can take tips and criticism. I understand why a company like Cover would want to largely stay away from it though.

It was only Kiara who showed any ounce of negativity (she did say that it was cool) and had to reply and debate with people on Twitter instead of just saying her piece and dipping.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Sheep in case you want a pretty comfy time

Having seen Nightmare of Decay followed shortly by The Bathhouse is like getting quality whiplash. Really wish more indie horror games were actually videogames instead of walking simulators with an occasional almost-puzzle and no actual gameplay mechanics.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Altare and Magni off collab starts in about an hour.

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter
ezgif-1-9a1f8141d0.gif

Kronii is dead, long live Kronii!

It took me longer than it should have to optimize this so it would upload here, but at least now I know the file size limit for this site. I posted a better quality version over on the Farms.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
Ame's reiterating that any AI art be put on the #aiAme hashtag since she acknowledges that she can't stop people from creating it. I guess this stream is just her playing around with it and I guess generally showing how you can just fuck around with it and to have the spergs ease off a bit and not have it be demonized too much.

Last edited:

Kazuma

Early Adopter
I dunno, watched the first 30min or so. She was asking for traits and typing stuff in the background then showing art after a while. Maybe she's fucking around but thats how it was being presented.

Edit: Nah that's what it is. Tuned back in and she was talking about how the images were AI made.
Yeah you are right. She was generating images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom