"If you're a kid you shouldn't be watching this! I'm gonna be talking about banging dudes"S.S. Isa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Isn't this one of those self-produce goods that some liver occasionally had (something like Yang Nari's a while ago), I don't know the procedure behind this on niji's management but also one of the reasons they put these types of goods on Booth instead of the usual niji site is that because they're being handled directly by pixiv factory who then manufactured the goods itself, all you need is an image you'd like to slap to your goods.
Pretty surprising though, hope the rest of ex-id follow through with the idea

Siska is one of the more known livers within ex-id though, she's a moba/fps-focused streamer although she doesn't orbit around njen as much as mika does
It looks to be official ones, at the very least. Enough for her to do a free talk stream celebrating it.

Yes, she's well-known but still somewhat under the radar. She still gets some attentions outside of ID but generally she still relatively obscure to casual nijifags unless you into ID specifically.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
A new tidbit of Pipkin Pippa lore:

Is it any wonder why Pippa is the way she is?

There's also a new chatbot ai which has a Pippa personality, and it's putting out some gold:

1665055900400.png

1665055200100.png

1665055247300.png

1665055307600.png

1665055343300.png

1665055323100.png

Chatbot comes from here if people want to play with it: https://t.co/H9YPtq7BFg

Last edited:

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Re: Kroniichama Subway smoothies
I mean, they look like soups

I might actually eat one if warmed up and you did not mention it was a Sub at one point
If they had half or a quarter as much water I would say the same.

Today Nene is a wobbly NEET doing odd jobs. All the instructions are in English.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
The memes are aleady rolling in. I like this one.

Do you know ChubbyEmu?

I actually thought this was a teaser for his next video or something and I fell for it.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Speaking of other njex-id, Miyu receives this mallow right after Siska announced her merch and the way she worded her answers sounded like there's certain goal you need to meet before you're eligible of making your own stuff (might be subs milestones?)
Seem so. Considering Siska just go it, might be some sort of waiting list and a pool where they handle whos getting merch first which are randomized. Might take a while, but who knows.

Speaking about niji, Selen seems to have come back from Japan, judging by her putting a stream set to happen tomorrow

She gonna talk about her experience in Japan and probably her experience being part of Nijifes. Fellow Nijifags might want to give it a look when it live to gather anything regarding Nijfes from the perspective of a foreign that is part of it. Especially since its in english and all.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
HoloRust Season 3 is ending today.

Orange Chicken suddenly ended and privated the stream.. so, maybe malding from her over getting shot in the head by Choco one too many times? Or one of the girls raped her base with a bucket of C4.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Orange Chicken suddenly ended and privated the stream.. so, maybe malding from her over getting shot in the head by Choco one too many times? Or one of the girls raped her base with a bucket of C4.
I was planning on watching Season 3 more than I watched season 2 but I ended up watching it even less than the former

I can't really blame myself though. S3 appears to have been a lot smaller than the previous season, so I had a lot less to work with. Most of ID and EN only streamed it a few times. The only people who streamed it consistently were Anya, Reine, and Kaela.

Speaking of Anya, here's her stream since she and Reine are the only English-speaking holomems still live with the Rust finale

Gravedigger

Most of the time, my own...
Early Adopter
There's also a new chatbot ai which has a Pippa personality, and it's putting out some gold:

1665055900400.png

1665055200100.png

1665055247300.png

1665055307600.png

1665055343300.png

1665055323100.png
Chatbot comes from here if people want to play with it: https://t.co/H9YPtq7BFg
Now all we need is just a text-to-speach immitating her voice and we don't even need the original anymore! Glory to our new AI overloards!

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

1665067466908.png

Got this from the cached chat

Ensok

Early Adopter

Apparently she was "ignored" in voice chat and became upset and didn't really do anything.

Well Kiara just wouldn't be Kiara without autism every now and then.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter

AmaLee (Monarch) is voicing Uta in the upcoming dub for One Piece Film Red, the reason this is noteworthy, other than Monarch being a vtuber, is that Calli is already head over heels for Uta and now one off her best friends is voicing her in English she might legit loose her mind one she finds out.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
So Watson made an AI art tag the other day. Now this:

Screenshot_20221006-115357.jpg

Possibly related? Are we creating Smol Ame variants with AI?

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
To quote the relevant (to me) section:

The words "highly fact-dependent" should be setting off alarm bells, because what that translates to is "highly litigable" and "guaranteed to pay for some lawyers' new boats". Unless they know that the AI was trained off of 100% public domain works (even CC BY won't cut it unless you include attributions to every artist whose work was included in the set), no corporation should be touching the resulting works with a 7-VPN pole.
I would offer that this would be no more or less risky than using art from any other source, but I can see why people who are new to navigating these waters, such as corporates, would be hesitant to want to progress into uncharted waters; regardless of what the Trademark Office says.

Regardless, they did posit that it can be applied the Fair-Use Doctrine just like every other artist under the moon. This, more or less is putting the AI developers under the same burden artists undergo; and many of the copies that have come out wouldn't breach Fair-Use unless the user explicitly asked for something specific that would; like a specific character (which isn't any different than fan-art unless you are trying to profit off of it) or drawing in "a specific user's style" (something commented on in a different section of that pdf.)

If the AI took upon so many different art pieces to learn from, all from many, many different artists, it is likely that no copyright claim would exactly stick (how could 100's or even 1000's of artists all leverage a copyright claim against the same entity? Did they all copy each other as well?). Any of the similarities at that point would be so nuanced and benign that it would begin to breach into "copyright concepts and styles" territory. If we actually allowed lawsuits like this, in general, to hold water, nothing really could be created anymore.

For brevity, I think: they said fair-use doctrine can and will apply, they mention of no additional burdens the AI must prove than any other artist must prove. The fact by fact case basis is fine IMO, if they didn't keep it to the same standard applied to all artists, then they could blatantly copy and get away with it.

Last edited:

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Lucy Pyre streamed on Youtube last week for the first time, says there will be more streams. This one was about 100K Youtube subscribers button and around 1-year anniversary.

If you are not familiar, on Youtube she mostly does videos on FFXIV, and general short videos explaining cringe stuff.

Also here is PrayForKronii art, why not

Last edited:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Clock woman is out of her damn mind. Why would someone subject themselves to such torture?
Gura: but the conteeeent!
Nowa-oji is not sympathetic:

Archive

Hell hath no fury like a scholar scorned

AmaLee (Monarch) is voicing Uta in the upcoming dub for One Piece Film Red, the reason this is noteworthy, other than Monarch being a vtuber, is that Calli is already head over heels for Uta and now one off her best friends is voicing her in English she might legit loose her mind one she finds out.

NO FUCKING WAY THAT'S AMAZING CALLI IS GONNA HAVE A HEART ATTACK

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Since there still seems to be some discussion about AI art, even Pippa made a short quickly giving her thoughts on it.

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
Possibly related? Are we creating Smol Ame variants with AI?
Should be interesting how she spins content off this one but it'll probably be another shitpost-y stream - which she really excels at. That being said, it looks like Watson also tweeted out about the proper use of her art tags and reiterated what her tags are, including the #aiAme art tag she mentioned onstream for AI art but later on deleted it. I'd hazard a good guess that someone likely from management reached out to her and told her to remove it it.

Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 12-17-23 Miki on Twitter.png
If the AI took upon so many different art pieces to learn from, all from many, many different artists, it is likely that no copyright claim would exactly stick (how could 100's or even 1000's of artists all leverage a copyright claim against the same entity? Did they all copy each other as well?). Any of the similarities at that point would be so nuanced and benign that it would begin to breach into "copyright concepts and styles" territory. If we actually allowed lawsuits like this, in general, to hold water, nothing really could be created anymore.
I doubt anyone is going to be autistic enough to dig through thousands of iterations of an image, arguing about which elements of it are pulled or inspired from prior artist works and win that case legally. It's such a super-grey area and any legal victory they may have about this can and may actually end up biting them in the ass if it eventually ends up being used against transformative works.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Should be interesting how she spins content off this one but it'll probably be another shitpost-y stream - which she really excels at. That being said, it looks like Watson also tweeted out about the proper use of her art tags and reiterated what her tags are, including the #aiAme art tag she mentioned onstream for AI art but later on deleted it. I'd hazard a good guess that someone likely from management reached out to her and told her to remove it it.

View attachment 1853

I doubt anyone is going to be autistic enough to dig through thousands of iterations of an image, arguing about which elements of it are pulled or inspired from prior artist works and win that case legally. It's such a super-grey area and any legal victory they may have about this can and may actually end up biting them in the ass if it eventually ends up being used against transformative works.
That makes me wonder if Cover is TOO scared of the legal issue and they think a 'talent-created hashtag' is 'official' and something they could get sued over? Now it's getting a little bit silly.

In the end, I think all artists should just trademark a specific color, and if anyone else uses or looks at their color/s, then they can sue because someone else is copying their work. First come first serve. It's the only way to be fair to artists who work so hard on their art and they deserve to get paid when other people look at it.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter

View attachment 1853

Nah, right after she made the original tweet, there were a few angry replies accusing her of supporting AI pictures, so she deleted it and made a new tweet where she omitted out the tag name and made it clear that she is not making a statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom