"It's jork"Usada Pekora

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
You can run Stable Diffusion locally, on your computer, for free.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
AI didn't generate anything, though. It pastes together existing art.
As far as I'm aware, this isn't true. 'Pasting' together was just what a few twitter artists 'layman' deducted (totally not biased). The AI in actuality doesn't refer to specific drawings but specific "styles" and uses that data to learn and then for them to solve the problem at hand. Remember, if it isn't capable of learning and problem-solving, then it isn't Artificial intelligence. This distinct reason is why US patent and trademark office said it will follow similar copyright rules to people and can still make use of the fair use doctrine. (Check my second spoiler)
Possible copyright issues. Easiest way to avoid it is not to use AI-created art.
In all reality there likely isn't any actual copyright issues as far as I can see. Especially when the AI is "finished"/fully-developed. It being a ticking timebomb though is enough of a reason to take a conservative approach and avoid it for the time-being.

If anyone cares, the United States Patent and Trademark Office has already covered concepts such as this back in 2020. The most topical portion, if you just want a straight to the point answer, is on page 23.

It appears they aren't going to apply the AI to any criteria that isn't already applied to human authors, which judging from the outputs of the most recent AI; likely means you aren't at risk to being sued for copyright than a human author.
I've read a bit of your guys' conversation about it, but I still don't get what the fuss is about. Art is about feelings and shit, it should look good, how is it relevant how was made? Especially Kiara's "real" confuses me, how is this not real art?
There is a lot of false information about it and the fact that furthering development in this technology can forebode many employed people being replaced by automation is likely the reason people are pushing back against it.
We have effectively started bringing up "What is art?" philosophical questions, but this time starting back centuries ago to now change a dogma of an artist being a BDFL because the current popular ideology of art would lead one to conclude that: while AI is not an artist itself, AI art could qualify as art.

Last edited:

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
I wonder when people will start tracing artwork to post that lineart on twitter as ai art in black and white.

To expand on the philosophical pondering, there's something I don't think's been touched on yet - AI being used as a tool by artists. If someone generates a piece, then manually cleans up the more uncanny parts, is that AI work or should the human work be acknowledged? What about if they redo the colouring, or filter it? What if they trace the generated outline as the basis for a new piece?

Well, people already are trying to sell AI stuff with some touches. The guy in question was under fire some time ago for tracing.

the entire kronii stream deserves a special post in Culinary Catasthropes thread
You can say the CCThread is eating good today...

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
It would be like someone pulling code in from a bunch of different open source projects, but not agreeing to their use-licensing and not crediting them.
I understand your point, but I feel you couldn't have chosen a worse example. In this situation, I'd be surprised if any actual lawsuit would actually stand in this case. If you were pulling code from a shit ton of projects, the only thing I could imagine someone doing was probably only using algorithms, system design, or function logic, which aren't protected by copyright laws (if you weren't doing this, you probably made some unholy abomination that wouldn't work). There is a running gag that 99% of any line of code you need to write has already been written and you just need to find it.

Random_Cultist

Nominal Lurker
Early Adopter

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
Ame played the game unlike any of the others.
That's just very typical of her when it comes to these long single player experiences. She's gonna go AmeWay no matter what. That's why I always want to ritually execute backseaters when she plays Minecraft. She wants to figure things out her way and if she needs help she'll ask after a little while.

Why do women
Stop right there. No more context needed. The answer is because woman and that's all there is to it sometimes.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
>the story (in FFXIV) is kinda weak
>plays the game muted
>probably skips half the cutscenes
>barely started Heavensward

View attachment 1743

It's clearly because Pippa hasn't gotten to Thancred's hot, hobo dad arc.
I got roped into playing ffxiv after a friend did hard marketing on me and I agreed with how slow ARR was but I feel like a good chunk of it was necessary for future expansion so I tried to pay attention to most of it, the stories definitely went thousand times better after that so I could say it worths well even if you're only planning to buy the game after you get to max out the most of your trial account

Well, people already are trying to sell AI stuff with some touches. The guy in question was under fire some time ago for tracing.
I feel like most AI art spergout are all based on how ethical is it, the way it works (from what I could see for now) is definitely tracing and mix-match 101 just that you're letting the machine do it for you instead. My stance on it is that there's no harm in playing around with it but seeing how easy it is to piss off internet people nowadays, something remotely connected to automated work or AI things are on the list of "don't be too obvious about it unless you wanted to get shitted on publicly" for sure

I'm no artist then again, but I guess people are also more sensitive about this whole AI art stuff because the people who are invested in it are mostly acting like they just created god and being snarky to "real" artists

Clip tax to remind people this is the VTuber thread, easily the best part from Fubuki's birthday stream last night

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
Pretty much agree to this. It's a fun, new frontier for generating art many people would've previously gone to an artist for a commission for - which is likely why you're gonna see a lot of the louder voices disavowing it coming from artists themselves as improvements to this down the line will definitely impact the amount of work they will get.

As a fun exercise though, this shit's surreal. As a total non-artist, I got the AI to start from this:
View attachment 1788

...to these:
View attachment 1790View attachment 1789View attachment 1791
These AI Ames look uncannily similar to Johnny Depp from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, only with a trenchcoat.

About Tempus playing DnD, I feel like making Elysium their go-to setting might be a good idea. Vtubers pushing too much of their lore into the stream seems cringe more often than not precisely because it feels like it doesn't belong there, like we're being forcefully reminded that lore exists (and by lore I don't mean casual, surface-level jokes like Calli's "scythe-swinging lessons" from back then) just for the sake of it. Lore needs to be somewhat integrated into whatever the fuck a chuuba is currently doing; Ame is a good example, because she's using her (self-made though) lore to justify some of her more creative and extravagant ideas. In Tempus' case, when one plays a TTRPG or watches someone else play it, deep dives into detailed aspects of some made-up stories are expected and even moderate amounts of edginess and/or pathos do not cause too much cringe. Therefore, it's a perfect occasion to elaborate on the Elysium's lore, because it fits with the theme of a TTRPG stream, and because the boys will just finish the session and go back to being their regular selves on their own channels. Especially since I believe in Vesper, who has this exact kind of autistic creativity required to make a believable yet fun game setting.

Shamelessly stolen from r/hololive:
Kronii, the sacrilegious sub smoothie sipper
kronii the sacrilegious sub smoothie sipper.png

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
I didn't see it posted here but some super secret karaoke dropped a few hours ago

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Surprise surprise, ANYCOLOR gave their Ex-ID member actual merchandise.

And starting from one of their somewhat "under the radar" talent within ex-ID too.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Ok, after some depressing news on Disco Elysium devs (lead writer and designer Robert Kurvitz, art and design lead Aleksander Rostov, and writer Helen Hindpere are no longer there and their leaving the company was involuntary), I clicked through some of vtuber playthrougths, and there are number of interesting ones.

• Fulgur Ovid did one-shot stream, not perfect, but good enough.
  • Project Melody did one stream, scatterbrained as ever, but charming.
  • Zea Cornelia started it, but the last stream was 3 month ago, so I was afraid of clicking on it. What if this is it, but I will never get the whole thing?

And then I came across this vtuber, Ayana Spector. Under 1000 subs, debuted 10 month ago. Her Disco Elysium is not for me either - too backseaty, but her singing voice is great!

She is gonna do BLEACH Karaoke soon, maybe check it out!
EDIT: I checked out her previous ukulele karaoke, it was chill and kinda scuffed. Maybe it is a better representation of what to expect from Bleach karaoke?

She also started Cyberpunk (after watching anime), but I haven't touched the Edgerunners yet, so I don't know how good is her playthrough.

...And starting from one of their somewhat "under the radar" talent within ex-ID too.
Please Siska, stream Dota2 on English, I beg u!

Last edited:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
In all reality there likely isn't any actual copyright issues as far as I can see. Especially when the AI is "finished"/fully-developed. It being a ticking timebomb though is enough of a reason to take a conservative approach and avoid it for the time-being.

If anyone cares, the United States Patent and Trademark Office has already covered concepts such as this back in 2020. The most topical portion, if you just want a straight to the point answer, is on page 23.

It appears they aren't going to apply the AI to any criteria that isn't already applied to human authors, which judging from the outputs of the most recent AI; likely means you aren't at risk to being sued for copyright than a human author.
To quote the relevant (to me) section:
The ingestion of copyrighted works for purposes of machine learning will almost by definition involve the reproduction of entire works or substantial portions thereof. Accordingly, whether this constitutes copyright infringement will generally be determined by considering the applicability of the fair use doctrine, an exception set forth in section 107 of the Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 107. Fair use is applied on a case-by-case basis, requiring courts to weigh several statutory factors, and is highly fact-dependent
The words "highly fact-dependent" should be setting off alarm bells, because what that translates to is "highly litigable" and "guaranteed to pay for some lawyers' new boats". Unless they know that the AI was trained off of 100% public domain works (even CC BY won't cut it unless you include attributions to every artist whose work was included in the set), no corporation should be touching the resulting works with a 7-VPN pole.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
You can run Stable Diffusion locally, on your computer, for free.
So local installs can disable the NSFW filter? Oh no...we're going to get a flood of fetish art now aren't we..?

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
So local installs can disable the NSFW filter? Oh no...we're going to get a flood of fetish art now aren't we..?
Considering that people on the twitter (at the very least) has managed to essentially creating lewds based things that rarely get lewds (like that gacha game based on Japanese race horse that has pretty strict NSFW ruling on its fan-made stuff) simply by fucking around with those AIs, there is a possibility that could and will happen, eventually.

I actually did find someone who essentially managed to make a series of "adult" gura fanart using one of them AIs on twitter that looks quite okay, but considering half of the results are in bikini and swim-wear, I'm iffy on sharing it.
1665049581240.png
this one that he made looks rather neat. must be my military uniform bias.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
I only got a few minutes of Kronii's stream so I am not sure, will she keep any remaining blend subs for days like the solid ones?

Also thinking that even if I can catch some Japanese talk from Vtubers, they might not help in normal conversations. While randomly listening to Takamiya Rion's MHR Sunbreak stream she commented on the spider-like monster Rakna-Kadaki "You guys (chat) know that spiders ate their males, right? They're like the ultimate menhera".

For some interesting content, here's Re:AcT's Kulaku Lie with another whistling stream

paul

Early Adopter
What the fuck Kronii! After this atrocity you deserve everything that might had happened after the stream.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Surprise surprise, ANYCOLOR gave their Ex-ID member actual merchandise.

And starting from one of their somewhat "under the radar" talent within ex-ID too.

Isn't this one of those self-produce goods that some liver occasionally had (something like Yang Nari's a while ago), I don't know the procedure behind this on niji's management but also one of the reasons they put these types of goods on Booth instead of the usual niji site is that because they're being handled directly by pixiv factory who then manufactured the goods itself, all you need is an image you'd like to slap to your goods.
Pretty surprising though, hope the rest of ex-id follow through with the idea

Siska is one of the more known livers within ex-id though, she's a moba/fps-focused streamer although she doesn't orbit around njen as much as mika does

Edit:
It looks to be official ones, at the very least. Enough for her to do a free talk stream celebrating it.

Yes, she's well-known but still somewhat under the radar. She still gets some attentions outside of ID but generally she still relatively obscure to casual nijifags unless you into ID specifically.
It is official, just not handled directly by the niji warehouse because again, the goods will be produced on pixivfactory by default iirc

Speaking of other njex-id, Miyu receives this mallow right after Siska announced her merch and the way she worded her answers sounded like there's certain goal you need to meet before you're eligible of making your own stuff (might be subs milestones?)

Question: Why aren't miyu and the rest of ex-id make a merch too?
Miyu's answer: "I do want to create my own merchs too but I haven't been given the chance to do so"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom