Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Did she just drink 2 year expired maple syrup? Canadians are absolutely fucked in the head.
To be fair, maple syrup is kinda like honey, it takes forever to go bad.

Also, I called it a few days ago; she said that she’s going on a diet and will not be eating subs much after this, so this is like ‘the end’ for the bit.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Did she just drink 2 year expired maple syrup? Canadians are absolutely fucked in the head.

Maple syrup basically can't go bad. It's already just a pile of sugars, which are intensely inimical to bacteria anyway. I've had 6+ year old honey and basically all that happens is that it crystallizes or clumps up a bit. There's a reason the stuff is so valuable. Also holy fuck this stream is actively making me gag every few seconds and I'm not even looking at the video. WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
ABORT
1665033248990.png

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Someone in chat just compared the image of the blend bottle to a bottle of jenkem.

I just...I can't anymore lmao

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Vesper I think knows his players are new, he outright said he's made something to the effect of "A game that is easy, but feels hard." when he was talking about new players so I think he knows completely that Magni is going to be a little bit of a glue eating idiot with his first real attempt at DnD. Let's be real, Vesper is an incredible nice guy for the most part especially to his fellows, I doubt he'll make a meat grinder dungeon at level 2 (the level he says Tempus will start on-stream, as they'll be playing level 1 off-stream as a test) just to really test his players. I'd expect something like that to show up around level 5 or 6 if he knows about the power spikes innate to 5e's system where level 5 is an entirely different game due to how extra attack and 3rd level magic changes the game. My only doubts with Vesper is he is a Pathfinder 1.0 kind of guy from what he said, so I don't know how much he actually knows about current age 5e as far as running it.

I personally think Altare may have his own kind of issues, as Altare has shown to have some genuine insecurity issues with his streaming. I wonder if he'll try to do something cool to be part of big moment and just fall flat on his face due to bad dice rolls or just overextending into a situation that he didn't understand, and then he just feel deflated over it overtime as he fails. Altare does this with his gaming streams where he malds and tilts because he feels he is doing poorly live on stream, blue boy just refuses to be bad at video games and has admitted that he wants to be the "pro gamer" of Tempus because he feels he offers nothing else compared to the other three. So I wonder if that will happen in something like DnD given the "Critical Role" effect that is just part of DnD's normie sphere these days where people try to LARP like Critical Role actors, fail, and just quit DnD entirely. Plus it is doubtful Altare had a DM as potentially harsh as Vesper, so who knows how he might react to Vesper's more older school style.

I personally would try to push for a TTRPG "Elysium" theme setting if I were in his position, because I think vtuber lore is just underexplored in Holo in general and this feels like the perfect chance to do something with it that can be fun and maybe even remotely interesting. The only real issue imo is Vesper NPCing anyone Tempus member that isn't himself, because that can be weird to DM in the moment and you don't want to create a weird plot hole that effective asks "Why doesn't Guild Tempus just do something about the dragon coming to threaten Elysium?". I'd personally do the legwork with management to make it happen if I was allowed to do it, but maybe management just said no outright and that's just the end of it.

I just to see a situation where they go to "Northern Elysium" where everyone talks like Axel so Vesper has to do an Axel impression, and we learn the "Syrios" family is some kind of rich off their ass noble family where Axel is some kind of wayward son who just fucked off to become a singing Gladiator for Tempus. This would mean that what Altare said about getting 10 million USD to start Tempus to wingman for Axel trying to impress Nodoka was an actually true thing that really happened within Tempus canon.

I'm similar with the play history, though I've moved onto PF2e and gotten used to that before backtracking a bit to try 5e with some new players, the only real issue I've had is bearing in mind that the numbers are smaller than what 3.5, PF1/2e would typically throw and adjusting for that. It's a pretty easy system to intuit if you're heavily familiar with the d20 system to date. I actually find it a little fulfilling because I'm so much more used to bigger numbers in all sorts of situations that swinging downwards, I've been able to make some really intense low level encounters.

I do hope Altare doesn't get himself bent out of shape if he has some bad rolls. There's a stark difference between something skill based, reaction centric things like video games and something entirely dependent on the luck of the roll like a TTRPG. I can't even begin to recount the number of times I've created characters, either for play or for NPCs, who are intended to be, or touted as, these masters of a particular thing and then my first 3 rolls in session are 3, 4, 1. You just have to accept that you ultimately might not have a say in your actual performance.

It would be interesting to get Elysium lore and some kind of fluff about it, though at current I really don't have that much investment if they do or don't because it's not like there's all that much to be attached to. It could be a good handwave to explain 'Why not Tempus?' for the various things if they run a game in Elysium on the premise of "Tempus has vanished without explanation/because of a dark magical plot, and now it's up to Backup Crew to try to save the day". Tempus can't be expected to intervene because they got yote from the world with an implication that it's why they're vtubers now, but they can still explore their world without having to 'play themselves' and also whenever it comes around to filling backstory details, it could be on the Tempus boys themselves to explain backstory related to them and canonize it in real time.

Good fucking lord I've had to skip like 3 pages straight because I cannot look directly at this shit even in image form.

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom
Someone in chat just compared the image of the blend bottle to a bottle of jenkem.

I just...I can't anymore lmao
They also compared it to the brony jar.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
You'd think the WolfQuest game would have prepared her for regurgitating on command...

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Oh god that water bottle is bringing up repressed memories of when friends at school lunch would shove the food they didn't eat into a water bottle and shake it up. This is not the type of nostalgia I want.
To be fair, maple syrup is kinda like honey, it takes forever to go bad.

Also, I called it a few days ago; she said that she’s going on a diet and will not be eating subs much after this, so this is like ‘the end’ for the bit.
Maple syrup basically can't go bad. It's already just a pile of sugars, which are intensely inimical to bacteria anyway. I've had 6+ year old honey and basically all that happens is that it crystallizes or clumps up a bit. There's a reason the stuff is so valuable. Also holy fuck this stream is actively making me gag every few seconds and I'm not even looking at the video. WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS.
True, but I thought maple syrup got moldy. I guess that only happens if opened and not stored right then.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

masterstocking

Early Adopter
Kronii is going to be driving the porcelain bus right after the stream ends. She's just trying to save face right now

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
To further expand on the legality issue; I ANAL, but who would own those images? You? The website? The original artists that the AI was trained on? The artist of the base image that you started with? No one?
There is likely many ethical, societal, and legal questions at hand here, but I would genuinely be surprised if a court successfully posited and ruled that every single artist that had an art piece used for the AI to learn from would have any stake in it. Considering that it is doing nothing more than learning "styles" and implementing them, just like people (albeit dumber). It is Artificial intelligence which means it is simulating human intelligence; the goal is for it to learn and problem-solve, like people.

If you were to open the gateway to very fine nuances in art pieces shared among artists signifying "copying" you would likely kill the art industry faster than the AI ever would.

As it currently stands, AI art can't be copyrighted (in the USA anyways), but given the ticking political time-bomb that will inevitably occur when this and other things begin to become automated by AI , I don't blame cover to avoid "kicking the beehive."

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Haven't posted in a bit but just popping in to say Kronii doing this was a harrowing experience. I don't think I ever want to see this ever again, but legendary stream regardless.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
the entire kronii stream deserves a special post in Culinary Catasthropes thread

Gravedigger

Most of the time, my own...
Early Adopter

Attachments

• FeXON8bXEAAdoGg.jpg
    FeXON8bXEAAdoGg.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 63

masterstocking

Early Adopter
Screenshot_4.jpg

Soon: Haachama will be hitting her up with "Kronii-chan! Collab soon, please?"and the world will collectively weep

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom