"I'm gonna take another shot, I'm still too smart - I needa be more shtupid to be a vtuber. It's perfect, I want to be sshtupid"Amanogawa Shiina

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
How quickly can this be fucked with for my amusement? Can Tay be resurrected?
1664715616566.png

Ensok

Early Adopter
Jesus you guys talked a lot over the last 12 hours. Here I am just waking up to watch Koyori play Mario RPG. Hope she does the Culex fight too at some point, I don't think she did already.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Onolumi is playing Maniac Mansion

EDIT:
lumicat.png

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
MoguLive had an interview with Nijisanji's general producer almost a week ago; it's a bit long, but I'd honestly say it's an interesting read even with a fucky machine translation, since it kinda showcases what their current aims are.

I put it through DeepL and cleaned it up a bit so that it's a bit more readable, but I'd need to quadruplepost to put it on here due to the 10k character limit. Here's a link to it; if you know any better alternatives for non-coding text hosting, please do tell me, because the other one I tried complained about me using adblock, and then immediately downloaded an extremely fucking sketchy zip.

TL;DR:
  • the overall theme of the article is that Anycolor wants to expand their Vtubers into other entertainment branches such as music and manga, possibly attracting people that may not follow Youtube as extensively
  • multiple mentions throughout the article that the company must continue to invent and try new things, otherwise they risk failure ("If we do not take on new challenges, we will all fall together. That is not only for us as a company, but also for each and every one of our Livers, crushing their potential.")
  • the aim for the musical sub-units (Nornis, ROF-MAO, etc.) is to help them stand on their own and be recognized as their own thing, rather than just Nijisanji Vtubers
  • anyone who wants to be an idol will get all the help possible, but they don't want to force the label on those who don't already identify as that
  • Lie:Verse Liars (Nijisanji/Kadokawa/Balcolony multimedia project where a bunch of Niji's Vtubers "play" characters similar to themselves in a manga and light novel) came from the concept that, as Vtubers are simultaneously a character and an existing person, only Vtubers are able to make full-fledged "acting appearances" in such media, with an additional goal of a multimedia project they can both develop and manage in-house
  • they're happy with how Nijisanji Koshien went; they hope it becomes a summer tradition (not a far-off wish; as far as I can gather, Gaki no Tsukai's 24-hour No Laughing Batsu was sort of a New Year tradition for a long time), and apparently it was also advertised/promoted on Google/Android TV
  • along with Nijifes and Fantasia, they also ran a pre-Nijifes DJ event in Akihabara
  • starting with Nijifes, they are working both on further overseas Vtuber appearances in events, and on expansion of overseas activities
TLTL;DR;DR
Expect more overseas activities and more projects in other entertainment branches

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
Ollie's current membership stream is her making a birthday wishlist. One of her wishes is just a picture of Miyabi :smugpipi:

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Did Kronii read any of the documentation that comes with a procedure like wisdom teeth removal? Now she has dry socket, which you usually get by using a straw too soon after surgery. That, and she admitted she will need surgery for her TMJ disorder.

I blame Subway for this.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

Moona is training for the next Worms match. Chat taught her how to cheat by using a ruler on your monitor to get 100% accuracy.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Here is Axel's schedule which includes his upcoming karaoke, with bonus sussy artwork of him and Magni with oppai.

FeEUzLcagAAXrDo.jpg
I didn't watch the Zeta and Axel collab in full, but from the bits I've seen the after collab conversation with the Tempus boys probably went like this:

Vesper: AXEL DID I HEAR YOU CALL ZETA SENPAI A BRAT!? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?

Axel: Ayo? Whatdaya mean? Zeta senpai was being a brat so I called her a brat, simple as that yo.

Altare: Altare laugh in the background

Magni: See? This is why I am the most seiso member of Tempus, I would never do that.

masterstocking

Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I think Vesper and blacksmith would be a fun collab.
Can the world handle that much concentrated OCD and autism in one place?

Spergatory

Early Adopter

Even Lumi's talking about the Phase drama. She got a tweet that made her irritated, bet it was Henri or Krampus. She said that she's not changing her content and that all of the girls are making the content they want. In the end, she told people to shut up and it's not a big deal.

DaddyChill

What the hell is even that!
Early Adopter
Can the world handle that much concentrated OCD and autism in one place?
If only she could show the ID Holo server to Vesper... I think it would break his mind.

TwoBit

Early Adopter

Did Kronii read any of the documentation that comes with a procedure like wisdom teeth removal? Now she has dry socket, which you usually get by using a straw too soon after surgery. That, and she admitted she will need surgery for her TMJ disorder.

I blame Subway for this.

That is insane to me. When I had my wisdom teeth removed a long time ago, I had them all done in one procedure. One of the things they really emphasize to the point where you feel like it's hammered into you is to not use straws for a couple weeks. And to watch what you eat. Because if you don't, it's gonna fuck up the holes in your gums and cause dry socket. Clock woman is truly a lost cause folks.

lakyus

Early Adopter

I blame Subway for this.

They usually stitch the wound these days so it was either using a straw (a bad idea in general - just don't use them for the duration!) or the blood clot didn't form properly in the first place for one reason or another.
That is insane to me. When I had my wisdom teeth removed a long time ago, I had them all done in one procedure. One of the things they really emphasize to the point where you feel like it's hammered into you is to not use straws for a couple weeks. And to watch what you eat. Because if you don't, it's gonna fuck up the holes in your gums and cause dry socket. Clock woman is truly a lost cause folks.
I had a complex situation so doctor decided to do only one side each time but he was extremely precise about dos and don'ts too - even gave me a printout.

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
I was looking forward to this since Miori and Zephyrianna have appeared in the thread. When Q first dropped some people commented that it was odd for Gura to use her kusogaki voice given the plot of the song. But now I see why; it's harder for me to differentiate Miori and Zephyrianna's parts. Still a great cover, and I prefer the edge in Zephy's voice to Calli's.

Zephyrianna's powerlevel has been pretty overlooked by virtue of being a chuuba indie that rarely streams and borders around being a vsinger at this point. Bit of a shame she hasn't really streamed more and garnered more subs but her song collab output has been pretty prolific these past few months.

And on that related note, I totally forgot about her TRASH🦝PANDA collab group joining the AmeLee/Callie "Villain Vibes Cover" contest with their metal cover of the song. Turns out they won. Here's a vid of their group's reaction for when the winner was announced on AmaLee's stream:

Here's a link to their metal cover of the song for the curious (time-stamped to Zephyrianna's metal growling section):

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
If only she could show the ID Holo server to Vesper... I think it would break his mind.
Or compel him to make the server just as good if he has enough of a competitive spirit to him.

Vesper's schedule the week after the collab is just Minecraft at least 4 times a week, and he eventually just Minecraft zatsu's for 8 hours per session by the end of the year.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
Rejecting the Rackets collab was pretty fucking stupid on the fishmans part imo. Nick was getting record views from the Depp trial around that time and that many eyes, a lot being people who have never heard of v tubers, would have boosted his visibility and brand recognition. Not to mention I think he still has one of the largest late night streams on YouTube.
I'm convinced that Rackets is the best guest you could have on. He's great when talking with a bunch of lawyers, he fits in when talking with culture war nerds, he fits in when talking with extremely long form media critics. At the cost of sounding like I'm sucking his dick too much I honestly believe he can collab with almost anyone and be good at it.

The one thing that bothers the shit out of me: why the FUCK would you listen to suggestions from your goddamn jannies?
Jannies should unironically be treated as subhuman. Their one and only job is to enforce your rules and nothing else. Do not let their suggestions hold any more weight than any random fan's would. Other than that they either need to shut the fuck up or at least know their place. Some jannies are good though.

Zeta is pretty cute, you kinda forget about her
No brother YOU forget about her! Nigga don't lump me in with you because I would never forget frfr! Zeta love IKZ!

lakyus

Early Adopter

masterstocking

Early Adopter
coconut doggy by @wersman2.jpg

I will forever see capybaras as being 'coconut doggies' now.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
I missed it because i rarely check twitter and youtube community tab.
That girl... ^_^
unnamed.jpg

Clip tax. Asian girls driving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom