"my last birthday party I ever threw was my 8th birthday, we rented out an area at the local aquarium so we could eat cake and watch the sharks and no one showed up LOL"Mozumi Pichi

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
One theory I entertain is that all of this AI tech, starting with the deepfakes stuff, coming out so suddenly into the public over the past couple of years is meant to provide cover for inconvenient blackmail getting leaked to the public. It's a double-edged sword for the bad guys, because on one hand it protects the individuals in the short-term, but on the other hand it makes the value of blackmail less since it can be alleged to be fabricated. I suppose it depends on who controls the media as to what the public will accept as plausible in a given situation, but still.

Either way, the more advanced this technology becomes at simulating false realities, the more immersive and engaging vtuber content will evolve to be with less and less effort on the part of those producing it.

I'm going to go trademark Automata Idol Corp right away and start a foundation for completely synthetic vtubers.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
I already linked what it is in my post. Here it is again:
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/vt-and-related-vtuber-lunacy.100431/post-14469356
The fact that this tech is far enough along to unironically trick people into thinking it's some kind of old recording or impressionist is kinda scary. I expect people to use this to make Pippa say slurs within 24 hours.
How good is the rhythmic flow? Can we get Mori covers of MC Jarbo or Da Gunt?
Or Moonman?

DelusionTree

Early Adopter

I already linked what it is in my post. Here it is again:
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/vt-and-related-vtuber-lunacy.100431/post-14469356
The fact that this tech is far enough along to unironically trick people into thinking it's some kind of old recording or impressionist is kinda scary. I expect people to use this to make Pippa say slurs within 24 hours.
While pretty neat its actually kind of frightening.
With enough reference material anyone could get their life destroyed because there are plenty of NPCs who would believe. Doesn't matter if its later revealed that a voice algorithm made it, the damage would already be done and there will be people who can't be convinced of the truth.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
That Ame one is funny but it doesn't actually sound like her.
"I am deadass, I have not seen such a more worthless nigga in my life" is totally something Ame would say in her PL. It sounds way too robotic compared to all the other examples though.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Kronii tweeted her idol sheet.
FnmVKMmaUAEUJua.jpg

EDIT: Minecraft stream in 3 hours.

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Lia is in the middle of identifying the states of the US

1674952735301.png

I know almost nothing about American geography and I know that this is wrong.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Kronii tweeted her idol sheet.
View attachment 11937

Honka badonkas nerfed once more.

Mori's honka badonkas also got shrunk, and Ame hasn't uploaded her sheet yet, so I can't confirm if they all got squished.
Without going back to check the rest, Kronii is probably the most obvious clue that these reference sheets are all of the heads pasted onto the same body. I think the main purpose of these is to show off the colors and patterns.
Oh yeah, that makes a lot more sense.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Lia is in the middle of identifying the states of the US

know almost nothing about American geography and I know that this is wrong.
Definitely playing it up.

...Do women actually enjoy pretending to be dumb? I feel like I'm coming to a conclusion I shouldn't.

E: I hate this coloring page.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Definitely playing it up.

...Do women actually enjoy pretending to be dumb? I feel like I'm coming to a conclusion I shouldn't.
Next you'll be telling me that the WWE is fake too.

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Next you'll be telling me that the WWE is fake too.
At least we have true and tested Mexican wrestling, where Rey Mysterio can literally kill a nigga and get away with it.
And Jap wrestling where Kenny Omega can do a whole Zangief super on someone.

Tamavitch

Pig in human clothing

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Allow me to be the first to propose (but not force) the existence of a separate thread for Liaposting.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Flayon's mystery cover premiering

The original: Kiss of Death by Mika Nakashima

Last edited:

Piarro

Early Adopter
Allow me to be the first to propose (but not force) the existence of a separate thread for Liaposting.
Please, for the love of god. Holy shit she talked to a male on stream! That's crazy! This will require MANY posts.

BEEG Booba Fishing

Without going back to check the rest, Kronii is probably the most obvious clue that these reference sheets are all of the heads pasted onto the same body. I think the main purpose of these is to show off the colors and patterns.
Yeah, that's the case for the other branches too.
Fncx-8gaMAAmqVi.jpgFnjteeuaEAEtWvw.jpg

Fne7s4fagAAhHYC.jpgFnjXMs2aUAISWYM.jpg

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Please, for the love of god. Holy shit she talked to a male on stream! That's crazy! This will require MANY posts.
At this rate every Phase Connect member will need their own containment thread.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
1674954827295.png
I long for the day someone teaches chuubas how aspect ratios work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom