"Don't talk to me. You are Irish. Shut your potato eating mouth... Shut the fuck up"Kaneko Lumi

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Imagine being this wrong.

(I mean her bullies, obviously)

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
I was watching Flayon's Minecraft stream and he spent around 45 minutes playing around with lava streams and lava buckets, this cute little pyromaniac. At some point he said he'd like to able to eat lava. Some time later I've switched to Rosemi's Geoguessr stream and the first fucking thing I've heard was "...because lava looks yummy!" :whatastory:

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
It's all needles and haystacks.... "Oh she modeled for taobao let me just search that up and....." that's like saying you modeled for ebay adds or something.... :annoyedpippa:
"Attractive short Asian cosplayer girl in California" it's 70% of any Con...... Memaaw I kneel :shiinastare:
Don't worry, I'm sure someone will eventually find more. Have you forgotten who we are, from whence we came?
:pekok:

Jk but I'm certain some Chinese autist or other source will find a crumb trail eventually. Remember that as charismatic and worldly as she is now, meemaw was once a younger, dumber version of herself like we all were.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Not-Magni stream incoming.

Magni said he let himself go since debut, but he isn't that bad at all when I imagine someone letting themselves go for multiple months.

Nice Astolfos Maglord.

Ligma University Campus map is pretty something.

Campus map.PNG

Last edited:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I was watching Flayon's Minecraft stream and he spent around 45 minutes playing around with lava streams and lava buckets, this cute little pyromaniac. At some point he said he'd like to able to eat lava. Some time later I've switched to Rosemi's Geoguessr stream and the first fucking thing I've heard was "...because lava looks yummy!" :whatastory:
Boyfriend confirmed.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
My Vesper rrat is still Visa fuck ups. Didn't he say he was going to be in Japan for months? And yet now he has returned without the trophy for spearing all of myth in one night. Though I'm sure working without papers did more than contribute to the anxiety.
Another issue is he probably went cold turkey on his medication, which can be really bad depending on what he takes. Glad he didn't end up like Jordan Peterson.
I could never up and leave the country alone on a whim with my social anxiety

To give a bit of a frame of reference internet communication is not really an issue for me no idea why but it's a lot easier to communicate publicly on a social media or a forum (DM's are slightly more difficult tho)

I hate phone calls cause phone audio quality is garbage and I hate feeling like the other person thinks I'm an idiot when I ask them to repeat themselves for the upteenth time

When I meet a new person that is going to be in my life for the foreseeable future it takes me a good month or two of that person initiating interactions with me before I can not be paralysis level scared of initiating anything with them

my job has me secluded for the most part in the back of a clean room so I only have to interact with new people very rarely after getting to know the initial set of my coworkers for the past 5 years

Because of this I fear that if I ever lose this job I'll never find a suitable replacement that I can function in due to my very limited skill set

I don't know why I'm like this there is no logical reasoning I can come up with as to why I can't just do it without this arduous process

Before I got my job I often hated myself for being that level of inept I wish I could just say anything I want to a stranger but it just doesn't work that way

I imagine if Vesper is anywhere near that level of socially inept and he needs meds for it that going cold turkey on said meds and then going to a foreign country with NOTHING BUT STRANGERS around and on top of that not knowing the language I can see why he withdrew and regretted his life choices

All that said what happened to Jordan Peterson with his meds?
Man, I'm torn about Pomu's 3D.
If you only followed her as a fairy, it was an impressive step up from the idol stuff she shied away from in the beginning; she's mentioned before that she's *not* an idol but an otaku and that fans shouldn't expect her to be one, then casually goes on to show how talented her singing and dancing has been all along. She has clearly worked her hardest yet, preparing her 3D with several practice streams and even getting her orisong included. One should be happy as a Pomudachi.
Then, if you know her past, the story changes. She wanted to do this all her life with little success. She joined idol groups and performed on almost empty stages in Japan.
When she went virtual, she seemed to have left all that behind and tried the entertainer angle and it seemed to work better for her. That's what got her into Niji as the chaotic PP fairy.
But when the big stage that Niji offers became available, she went back to her dream. She went from being a real life 2view to a virtual star with half a million fans. I don't blame her, but it still feels like a departure from what made me follow her.
(If PL and roommate stuff ruins your enjoyment, don't open this, it's soul crushing).

Just to clarify I'm not hating on Pomu, just looking at things from another perspective.

You act like it has to be one or the other why not both?

Last edited:

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
2D Magni content: Judge Magni with no leg anime boys.

3D Magni content: Kendama tricks with a new student with a major in MILFology.

interesting majors offered Maglord super cool, I think I'd study computer science personally.
Ligma University degrees.PNG

Why the fuck is Magmo the Principal of Ligma?
Magmo principal.PNG

Last edited:

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
Rosemi just said she's never seen two girls kissing in real life before. From anybody else, I'd scream "BULLSHIT!" But from her, I'd believe it

Also she's surprisingly decent at Geoguesser

chihirogumi

I have a life, you know.
NORMIES GET OUT OF MY VIETNAMESE PUPPETRY FORUM REEE- wait.

Imagine being this wrong.

(I mean her bullies, obviously)

I noticed that I like a lot of the JP vtubers that have very unique voices such as Miko, Towa, Marine, Chihiro, and Pikamee. The unique voices also help me with my JP listening practice surprisingly enough compared to those who have more dime a dozen voices.

Speaking of Pikamee, here she is at Pomu's 3D debut. I wonder if VOMS will ever get 3D models.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

braindoko

I wonder if VOMS will ever get 3D models.
Pikamee already did. Wish she used it more

It's true that it's too early to tell if Pomu will focus more on the idol route, but I have a feeling this will be the case. She's been getting more con appearances and next is the AR stage. Maybe there's a push from management to take the branch in this direction, who knows. I'll be supporting her either way

yuckyyaki

Yabai enthusiast
Luna playing the electone soon, time to get snug

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Maybe this is oversharing but whatever. I have a family member from Gen X, not millennial or zoomer, who literally experiences panic attacks at times, and the biggest one i know of related to a big travel trip out of the country once. I get that zoomers and the like are coddled and were never taught to do basic things, but my family member was independent from a very early age. I don't know what causes it for everyone, but it is a real thing that happens and just screws you up. I don't know Vesper's situation, I don't know what meds he's using or whatever - and if he was on them then if he didn't have them that's BOUND to fuck you up, but it just seems profoundly retarded, from my perspective, to treat this like its him being some kind of wimp or whatever. Yeah, maybe he should have been more careful and made sure he would have stuff taken care of if it was medication that was vital to his functioning - and its also possible he didn't anticipate it was going to hit him like a sack of bricks. We don't know the man's situation.

If you know you have a condition you need meds/treatments for and you leave home for an extended period without your meds/treatment, you're an idiot and that's non-negotiable. However I'm still going to give Vesper a lashing for it because while I've lost out on opportunities because of my own anxiety issues, I've also learned to overcome my anxiety and push it aside so I can function with clarity and purpose without needing my medication by tapping into an even greater emotional wellspring: HATRED

Just will yourself better by suppressing your fear with an overwhelming desire to strip the flesh of the innocent from their bones with your teeth while they beg for mercy.

That said, i have never been literally afraid of strangers or large groups of people, so i can't really empathize with people who are terrified by social situations, on the contrary, i have always secretly liked standing out and being looked up to by others, which is definitely not the same thing.
But i do understand feeling isolated from everyone else and unable to really connect with others and then both seeking others' approval and resenting them, the difference is that i eventually grew out of it and overcame that flaw, even if doing so did make me insanely distrustful of others.

I have a worse time with small numbers of people than large groups because there's nothing actually personal in such large numbers. Thanks to the dormant theaterfag slumbering in the depths of my mind, crowds over a certain size stop becoming people and turn into an audience, and I've never been afraid of being in front of an audience.

I hate phone calls cause phone audio quality is garbage and I hate feeling like the other person thinks I'm an idiot when I ask them to repeat themselves for the upteenth time

If I have to deal with one more person obviously leaving their phone laying on the table 4 feet away from them while they talk at normal volume in the distant background over ambient noise and I have to ask them to pick up their phone so I can actually hear them, I'm going to lose my fucking mind. I used to have anxiety over making calls as well but as per above, it's been consumed by my hatred and now I'm just afraid I'm going to start screaming slurs because the person I'm trying to talk to for some ostensibly important reason sounds like they're on a 2008 Xbox live mic being fed over dial-up. I just pray for the advent of cyberpunk shit with phones just implanted in the brain so at least then when someone has a shitty fucking connection I know it's because they have literal brain damage.

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
Seeing how quick some of you people are to announce you're no longer fans of vesper or hold him in high regard over a condition that, to my knowledge, he hasn't gone into detail on, is pretty pitiful. Maybe pippa was right earlier when she said she feels like /vt/ culture is spreading out beyond /vt/.

E: Maybe its just because I haven't been a superfan or something, I think he's entertaining from what i've seen of him, but being all "He's not the man I thought he was", when he's already been open about being quite an eccentric character already... idk something about it feels gay to me.

The man is a wizard who might as well be married to his bicycle. How the f are you going to idolize him as a badass? I mean, I respect him given his circumstances and I think the spear is kind of neat, but feels sort of halu to me if what you say is true.
There's nothing quick or sudden about this. He has been floundering since around his suspension. Sometimes the feedback will be negative and there's nothing extreme or surprising about it, especially on a discussion forum about the topic. Maybe you should stick to reddit if you want a hugbox so that you are not being made to feel gay.

To counteract a bit of the gay, here is Towa reacting to Mumei and Haachama sleeping together:

Piarro

Early Adopter
Has Vesper actually done anything wrong? Missing 2-3 streams doesn't really register on my radar, is that still what all this is about?

Yeah, missing the anniversary and collabs was shitty, but if the other tempiss guys don't end up saying anything about it

See that's another thing: I guarantee not a single one of them gives a fuck about a "6 month anniversary" stream. It's just something they do because it's what Holopro does. I'm sure that none of Vesper's peers care about him missing these streams at all, especially if it's due to his health.

Last edited:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Has Vesper actually done anything wrong? Missing 2-3 streams doesn't really register on my radar, is that still what all this is about?

The streams in question were collabs with his genmates that he went halfway across the world to do, one of which was their six-month celebration.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom