"Mental, physical, passion!"Oozora Subaru

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
This game Pippa is running is really good and it's hard to look away to the first monitor. The graphics are crummy, but I'd rather have shit graphics than shit gameplay or story.

Also baited into gamer words.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Uh oh Pippa got baited to say knee grow. VOD is dead (it's probably fine)
This game Pippa is running is really good and it's hard to look away to the first monitor. The graphics are crummy, but I'd rather have shit graphics than shit gameplay or story.

Also baited into gamer words.
It's like $5. If it's fun I don't give a shit what it looks like at that price.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Who would look at Pippa and say: "this is a girl I want relationship advice from?"
It cracks me up because she says the same stuff my friend who (in the distant past) reminds me a lot of Pippa. She would say "Just move to to Japan, then you're TALL and exotic." No irony or sarcasm. She knows zero Japanese people, has never been to Japan.
She eventually mutated into a mid 30s far-left facebook/Trailer trash (yes, both) mom who does nothing but post shitty political stuff all day. She even has a Trans kid. IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE.[ /SPOILER]
Is your friend Haberman?
Unemployed Walmart Brand version.

Last edited:

Biskuit Regal

Early Adopter
PAIN

Basically, Lazulight 3D might not happen....

Edit: here's the tweet in english.

Strangely enough, though the english announcement used the words "may be cancelled", the Indonesian announcement used a less ambiguous word and confirmed it's cancelled

They also used the words that can be translated to as "due to current world situation", which is funny
Apparently, a huge typhoon happened last week in Japan and there's a upcoming one, they might have to cancel the participation of the International livers due to that.
I think this is the chief reason why. Note the announcement have to include "open stage" in their wordings.
Where ever Scuttle is, I'd like to imagine him in pain.
Remember when the fag boasted about NijiID and NijiEN's appearance as if to own the Holofags? I think he deserved the pain, honestly

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
It's like $5. If it's fun I don't give a shit what it looks like at that price.
Very true, and mostly I've been playing games with lower graphics for the last few years. I think in some cases, like Diablo, the 2d sprites work way better than the 3D versions that came after it, simply because it's much hard to give 3D that grimy look.

It cracks me up because she says the same stuff my friend who (in the distant past) reminds me a lot of Pippa. She would say "Just move to to Japan, then you're TALL and exotic." No irony or sarcasm. She knows zero Japanese people, has never been to Japan.
She eventually mutated into a mid 30s far-left facebook/Trailer trash (yes, both) mom who does nothing but post shitty political stuff all day. She even has a Trans kid. IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE.[ /SPOILER]
Is your friend Haberman?

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
Ah hell, Tenma's run got stopped by a busted controller... Could've done the whole game in one stream, too...

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
How to summon scuttle:
Just talk a bunch of shit about niji and breed a bunch of baseless rrats, you know you have been successful when one of the quiet lurkers posts a gigantic correction to your claims.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
Literally the last thing I think about is graphics, if it's a good game then it's an artistic choice.

Ultrakill is an amazing game and PS1 era graphics.

The game Pippa is playing is giving me Blood vibes.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
How to summon scuttle:
Just talk a bunch of shit about niji and breed a bunch of baseless rrats, you know you have been successful when one of the quiet lurkers posts a gigantic correction to your claims.
But I already said "Vshojo lite" and he didn't show up, he might be dead.

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter
Last edited:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
He's still hitting F5 on his keyboard trying to get on farms. He said he wouldn't leave. I believe him.
Picture Scuttle as the captain of the Titanic as the Trans water bursts in the windows and crushes the wheel house.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
why does it always feel like Niji merchandise runs always seem to bring about drama.

It all seems somewhat overblown but at the same time I feel like there's a theme forming of there being some drama or anger from Niji merch promos.
At this point, I feel like it's just haters looking for whatever reason they can to stir up the shit pot.

wait, I'm catching up with the vesper + kronii collab.
This MF is really 42 years old?! (28 years season 14, per his words)
From what he has said/confirmed in his past life, he is 36. I had originally assumed he was 38.

I still think Potion by Michiru of PC is an unironic bop. Sorta wish it somehow had a few Holo covers of it.

Potion is amazing. I still can't believe it only has 36k views. Man it sucks how hard it is for JP talents sometimes. I have a feeling that 80% of those views are from westerners.

I see a few people discussing some twitch vtubers starting to use Youtube more. I was wondering what was pushing them in doing it more now?
TLDR - Twitch pushing really intrusive ads that would shit streamers, now they would be having 20% additional pay cut for any streamer that earned over $100,000/yr (these big streamers could do 30/70 and Twitch wants to push them back into 50/50. Also add to that shitty enforcement of rules.

Youtube now has the bot problem and getting your channel randomly nuked for no reason, often taking 3-7 days for them to bring it back after manual review. Maybe they will fix things. Not sure how coomers will fare given that Youtube is a bit more restrictive with "nuditiy" and sexual content. Guessing some of these streamers will just have their streams set permanently to Age Restricted but they have enough traction that people will still watch them. Might hurt discoverability.

I know some people Iike Twitch, but it was always super annoying when I was watching a stream and it being constantly interrupted by sounds and things popping up on the screen by chat.

I know some of that is done on YouTube, but it seems to be the culture over there.
I fucking hate Twitch culture. Its so fucking cringe but the site did have some pretty cool features that Youtube could possibly benefit from having.

Erina drunk is an absolute trip. She's going through all the stages.
Managed to catch a little of it at work. She is pretty reserved normally, wasn't expecting her to be like this. I like it.

A lot of reasons lately. Youtube has its problems but it's better in that it takes less of a cut from your earnings as a creator with 30% from supers and memberships and 45% for adsense, while Twitch starts at 50% for everything and I hear in some cases it's as bad as 60% unless you're a big enough creator to get it lower than that. Twitch has also been banning a lot more stuff lately and people are just getting tired of one group of people being able to get away with everything while everyone else gets hit hard for the slightest of yabs.

Really it would just be nice to have an alternative to both that is just much more indifferent to what its creators put out there instead of trying to police wrong think, even if it's isolated in some way and you have to opt into it to keep the normies happy.
Mixer was amazing and they actually enforced their rules fairly. Its a real shame it went to shit. I really hate when superior product dies because the competition already has somewhat of a monopoly on the market.

LostPause started writing a shitty LN in 2019/2020 where the main character was isekai'd togther with his truck and the truck can transform into this big tiddy anime girl Ive long stopped keeping up with the NuxTaku crew so I dont know if its still being published but back then LostPause and NuxTaku and co used to do read-alongs of the LN on a podcast of theirs Ironmouse was the voice of Truck-chan btw I dont follow them at all anymore so I dont know what the current plans are with the character or why Truck-chan is now a Vtuber
Now it makes sense why her growth was so abnormal and unnatural. I dont follow Lost or Nux (except for the Vshitshow drama).

Who would look at Pippa and say: "this is a girl I want relationship advice from?"
Believe it or not, often people with little to no experience on a subject can be fairly decent at giving good advice. "Do as I say not as I do".

WTF is picarto.tv ? It seems to just be people drawing furry art?

Didn't even know she was in 4V. Love her model and she has a nice voice.

I legit miss his posts. One of the best shit stirrers around. He got under so many people's skin so effortlessly.
I never really understood why everyone hated him. Im not really too well versed in Niji so its nice to see someone post interesting shit that I would probably miss.

It's basically an art streaming site that's been around for a while. Think deviantART for livestreams.

It's just one of those sites where because it allows explicit content, it's become known for explicit content.
Back in 2011-12ish after JustinTv got turned into Twitch and it became a video game streaming website they cracked down on a few artists as their content was not GAMING. I remember that any drawing that was not strictly related to a video game was often banned and the mods would chastise and warn streamers for this. I remember LilyPichu was playing League of Legends and at some point, she afk'd in the client and started doodling cats or anime or some shit while talking to chat. Twitch Mod came into her stream to warn her that if she didn't go back to either drawing League-related art or actually playing the game he would be forced to shut down her stream.

Not sure who created it but due to artists not having a "safe" place to stream their art Picarto was created. Also, a huge draw was that it wouldn't censor or ban nudity (since many artists often draw nude characters and then add clothing which led to some people on Twitch getting banned for "nudity". Many of the NSFW Tumblr artists (that had SFW DeviantArt accounts) moved to Picarto. People like Legoman, Doxy, and Incase jumped fast.

Back when they started up they had a fanart contest for their mascot (which has a very cute design and would totally make an amazing Vtuber design). I submitted a piece for the NSFW (had a SFW and NSFW category).

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
He's still hitting F5 on his keyboard trying to get on farms. He said he wouldn't leave. I believe him.
Poor guy. Really the users that come to mind that haven't ported over are Slut Puppies, Ralph Bernhardt, and Oh No It's Pipkun but maybe they're just using other names and I haven't noticed. 5t3n0 as well but he'd probably be incognito.

Mixer was amazing and they actually enforced their rules fairly. Its a real shame it went to shit. I really hate when superior product dies because the competition already has somewhat of a monopoly on the market.
Stream Me was really good as well, but then the people who made it got super doxxed and ended up shutting it down. I think Josh made a good point that they should just go to "This Person Doesn't Exist" and fake their whole teams. If someone needs a reference after the fact you can provide it to them more privately.

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter
Poor guy. Really the users that come to mind that haven't ported over are Slut Puppies, Ralph Bernhardt, and Oh No It's Pipkun but maybe they're just using other names and I haven't noticed.
Is Riverbear here? I barely recognize half the people on this board unless they a) are using the same pfp or name, or 2) has a really unique writing style.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Pochi's level-up stream has started. New model + natural voice inc.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Strangely enough, though the english announcement used the words "may be cancelled", the Indonesian announcement used a less ambiguous word and confirmed it's cancelled
Still somewhat sound the same, though, since "ada kemungkinan" = "there is possibility" and the ID staff wrote it like "there is possibility that it will be cancelled" while EN went with "the event might be cancelled at last minute". The ID staff is likely forgoing the "last minute" remark for a bit sure fire but still ambiguous-ish announcement, knowing that it might be cancelled but isn't sure if it was cancelled right there or at last second.

My Indonesian is a bit rusty, but I did try asking fellow nijifans on them nijicord and they seem to agree that the translations are the same between ID and EN. Either way, they just say that it might be cancelled, but the wording is similar-ish yet different enough.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Is Riverbear here? I barely recognize half the people on this board unless they a) are using the same pfp, or 2) has a really unique writing style.
I feel like we wouldn't need to wonder if he were here.

TwoBit

Early Adopter
I love how chat was beginning to mald over the blue flame mission and Axel does it in like 5 minutes because he figured out how to use a wooden arrow to shoot the flame. Sometimes the dingo is smarter then his chat, sometimes.

Edit: Axel got a JP bro asking him what he means when he calls the Koroks "Hee hee ha ha ha" and he actually responded in Japanese to explain what he means. I have to wonder how JP bros feel about having a Holostar EN member they can talk to comfortably and even has the bonus of streaming during a friendly time for them?

Edit 2: Axel found an infinite sprint glitch by accident by button mashing lol
Tempus has made me wanna revisit some games I played. Altare's Enter the Gungeon runs have been fun to watch. I caught some of Axel's BotW stream earlier and man, what a different play style from what I was doing. I'm sure I'll be blowing the dust off my switch and redownload it to catch all the side quests I missed.

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Progressivism, not even once.

How to summon scuttle:
I had to mute Scuttle for a while. Not because I didn't care about what he had to say about Nijisanji news. But because so many fuckers would take the bait and delve into tribal warfare. I was sick of reading the back and forth lol.

He would be a good addition here because I liked to read about Niji even though I didn't really watch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom