"Mumei... your eyes remind me of pumpkin-spice latte, and your hair reminds me of turkey gravy..."Ceres Fauna

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
Twitch is messing with the revenue split or something so a lot of streamers are making backup plans on youtube
Some people are also realizing how gross the clique in Twitch is, while YouTube is way more "open". Twitch is a bucket of pee, while YouTube is the open sea.

The timing of it all is pretty bad for Twitch.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
I know some people Iike Twitch, but it was always super annoying when I was watching a stream and it being constantly interrupted by sounds and things popping up on the screen by chat.

I know some of that is done on YouTube, but it seems to be the culture over there.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Twitch deciding to change how much money they take from there users might actually fuck them over. If its one thing that gets people concerned enough that they might consider going to another site despite the differences between the two, its when you decide to mess with their income; because for all of the Twitch streamers that complain about how sub-par Youtube's streaming tools are, it has at least stayed consistent in how much it takes. I think they'll be willing to deal with the negatives if it means they can still pay there bills, regardless of what they've said previously.

Of course we'll have to see if this is just a fluke or if Twitch decides to double down on it. If we see a bunch to Twitch vtubers start to add in Youtube streams in the schedules more often, some kind massive switch could be very plausible.
The best part is it isn't just the revenue split that's pissing people off. A lot of them are worried about being forced to play ads during livestreams. And Twitch ads are unskippable, and they fight tooth and nail to make sure ad-block doesn't work on their website. Three of Twitch's bigger streamers - Jerma985, nmplol, and PayMoneyWubby - have all said they'll just leave Twitch outright if they're forced to play ads.

I see a few people discussing some twitch vtubers starting to use Youtube more. I was wondering what was pushing them in doing it more now?
Charlie's got a good video on it that he put out yesterday.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Altare and Axel were "subtly" talking about capitalism in medicine due to going on a tangent about scamming in CSGO. Here is the summary of how that's going.

Axel: It is like food, you can't just go "I'm hungry give me food." so you can't go "I want medical treatment, give me medicine." but then ethics come in and...Axel thinking noises.

Altare: Yeah that's true, but somethings just shouldn't...

Also they talked a little about their childhood and the tl;dr is, they were both poor as shit and if I heard correctly both of their dads worked two jobs to support the family. I think this explains their imposter syndrome mannerisms with why Axel is so happy with what he has and Altare has almost cried talking about how much attention Tempus has gotten. Axel has mentioned that he wants to give money to his family because he is a simple guy who just eats, plays video games, and streams.

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter
Twitch gets bought by one of worst, most greediest company's ever: Amazon.

Amazon want more money.

288155724015211.png
I still use Amazon though.

Last edited:

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Vesper said shaft and ended his block game stream in less then 40 minutes. Good job Nowa-Oji.

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
Twitch gets bought by one of worst, most greediest company's ever: Amazon.

Amazon want more money.

View attachment 1094
Its not even that. Twitch is just not only not making money, but still losing money. Its not a case of corporate greed wanting even more, but of Twitch completely failing as a business and Amazon likely growing impatient

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter
Its not even that. Twitch is just not only not making money, but still losing money. Its not a case of corporate greed wanting even more, but of Twitch completely failing as a business and Amazon likely growing impatient
It's probably a little bit of both. Anything Amazon has touched has turned into shit. Read back when Amazon took over Whole Foods, a place I can't stand, but man they fucked up the workers there bad.

Honestly, I'd love it if it was just Twitch instead of having a boogie man.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
kroniichi and wah 1 by @ZhuWeiiiiii.jpg
kroniichi and wah 2 by @ZhuWeiiiiii.jpg
kroniichi and wah 3 by @ZhuWeiiiiii.jpg
kroniichi and wah 4 by @ZhuWeiiiiii.jpg
kroniichi and wah 5 by @ZhuWeiiiiii.jpg

Kroniichi & Wah, a new comedy from Netflix

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Lolibaba gonna get stepped on.
And not in the degenerate sense.

paul

Early Adopter
Vesper said shaft and ended his block game stream in less then 40 minutes. Good job Nowa-Oji.

This dude is a treasure, look at that reaction

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Erina drunk is an absolute trip. She's going through all the stages.

Fucking YTs

Early Adopter
This dude is a treasure, look at that reaction
Holy shit, he did it in one try. I really appreciate him being unabashedly semi-old and not caring one bit.
Also @paul what service are you using for your embeds? I tried going to the domain, but it's the CDN (cache server),

Edit: I know a CDN is not a cache server, but I thought that was a quick explanation.
Edit 2: Nevermind, @Steiger helped this boomer out.

Last edited:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
SAKANA IN THE CHAT.

He missed a flight and is stuck in a hotel. What a man.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Sleepy testing the YT streaming waters with all the Twitch stuff going on

For those who would care to know, Rye Project made an appearance in chat
1663869892236.png

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
Some people are also realizing how gross the clique in Twitch is, while YouTube is way more "open". Twitch is a bucket of pee, while YouTube is the open sea.

The timing of it all is pretty bad for Twitch.
I know some people Iike Twitch, but it was always super annoying when I was watching a stream and it being constantly interrupted by sounds and things popping up on the screen by chat.

I know some of that is done on YouTube, but it seems to be the culture over there.
Not only that the power of Twitch is held by a couple of big streamers/stream organization that could sway the platform to their liking even though the majority doesn't like the changes, because it will skew Twitch's viewership report if stopped streaming and probably create a problem with advertisers.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

kestraline

Early Adopter
Moe is streaming Bioshock as part of a Subathon:

subathon.png

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter

Ryushen had their own announcements; I'm not Scuttle, so I sadly can't read Niji moonrunes, but it seemed like they mainly talked about their collab cover with Okayu, 4th anniversary merch, and that they'll be a host on some IRL radio show called AuDee CONNECT.

Here's that Ryushen/Okayu cover by the way, since I don't remember seeing it get posted. Ryushen is one of the most highly regarded singers in Niji (I wouldn't say they're better than Machita Chima or the now graduated Melissa Kinrenka, but still really good), so consider giving it a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom