"wheeze HAHAHAHAHA! wheeze HAHAHAHAHA!!"Selen Tatsuki

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Ame birthday, she sang the original Pomf song.

kestraline

Early Adopter

Woozie is playing Yakuza. Kiwami though, not the original PS2 version.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Ame birthday, she sang the original Pomf song.

Ska version of Shiny Smiley Story with Armando Watson was definitely not on my bingo sheet.

Airless

Active lurker
untitled6906863.png
I love this retard

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Can you imagine how it feels sharing all of your most embarrassing stuff online anonymously, and then finding out your family has heard all of it?

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Can you imagine how it feels sharing all of your most embarrassing stuff online anonymously, and then finding out your family has heard all of it?

"Honey you gotta collab with this Vesper Noir guy, he's just like me fr fr" -Papakin, sometime soon

angry sushi

Early Adopter

That's just this generation of asking to see the family's photo album.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Is it weird to feel like the native JP in Xsoleil have the risk of being a step backwards in JP-EN interactions? They can absolutely be fantastic linguistic bridges if managed properly for collabs, and I really hope that's what happens, but Debiru's new year board game kinda feels like a bad omen. Compare them inviting Elira last year to Meloco this year; at what point does it go from an actual international interaction to "literally just a normal JP stream, but one of them is tagged as EN so it's cool"? That sorta setup kinda felt like a step away from just having Oliver instead.
I feel as if Meloco has much more to learn so it's not like an urgency, but nijiEN could definitely use a Kiara/Bae type that can glaze back and forth without losing too much focus.

On that note, I just wish Haachama would pick up shitty meme review again. Who cares if some mouthbreather on 2ch finds them unfunny.

Airless

Active lurker

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Is it weird to feel like the native JP in Xsoleil have the risk of being a step backwards in JP-EN interactions? They can absolutely be fantastic linguistic bridges if managed properly for collabs, and I really hope that's what happens, but Debiru's new year board game kinda feels like a bad omen. Compare them inviting Elira last year to Meloco this year; at what point does it go from an actual international interaction to "literally just a normal JP stream, but one of them is tagged as EN so it's cool"? That sorta setup kinda felt like a step away from just having Oliver instead.
The problem has always been that the big two are both JP companies, with larger/older JP branches, so they always prioritize and accommodate the JP side over the gaijin. The JPs only ever have to abandon their language comfort zone when they want to or for a special gameshow thing. Compare the number of ENs who speak JP versus the number of JPs who speak any other language in general. It was never a fair system.
You could say that the EN branches were hired with the intention of accommodating the older JP talent.

Elite Miko

Early Adopter
Huh, Ame is in Japan. I wonder if she's meeting other EN girls? Is Goomba in Japan as well?

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
I feel as if Meloco has much more to learn so it's not like an urgency, but nijiEN could definitely use a Kiara/Bae type that can glaze back and forth without losing too much focus.
The thing is that they already have that in Shu.

The problem has always been that the big two are both JP companies, with larger/older JP branches, so they always prioritize and accommodate the JP side over the gaijin. The JPs only ever have to abandon their language comfort zone when they want to or for a special gameshow thing. Compare the number of ENs who speak JP versus the number of JPs who speak any other language in general. It was never a fair system.
You could say that the EN branches were hired with the intention of accommodating the older JP talent.
That's something that can't really be helped given that position, but it isn't quite what I mean; what I'm more concerned about is the risk that JP talent/management may end up not being as likely to even use the JP-speaking gaijins for collabs/events, and just sticking with the native JPs in EN instead to minimize potential awkwardness.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Crane-exif-remove.jpeg

Ame's crane machine is gonna be her new loading screen. Chat can control it with chat commands. Pretty cool.

Edit: She met Kiara and Mumei in Japan, so far. She went to a revolving sushi restaurant with Mumei.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
Getting rid of the disgusting French influence on a once pure language can only be a good thing.

English is a language that lurks in dark alleys.png

Just like Jif is inferior to Skippy, ‘jif’ is inferior to ‘gif’.
I don’t care what the creator says; this is not some lore creative writing class where the writer gets to determine what’s canon, it’s an acronym.

That it doesn’t sound retarded.

English is a murky mudpuddle of a language, and I feel sorry for anyone learning it as a secondary thing. Some of the stupidest and most illogical linguistic rules are hidden everywhere like a fucking minefield, and the only thing consistent about English is the inconsistency (which is why you can have shit like hard-g 'gif' make sense, but saying 'scouuba' or whatever would be retarded).

That being said, the world can both suck it and learn it as well, since English is the current lingua franca of international business, education, science, technology, diplomacy, entertainment, radio, seafaring, and aviation, among other things (not to mention how many Japanese words are English 'loan words' that they simply can't communicate without). Languages are a fucking bitch.

Operation Holo by @Newbie_132.jpg

At least we speak the universal language of autism here.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Tonight Pippa confirms her IQ of 3 :pippasquish:

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Apparently Niji management dropped whatever surprise is planned on YT early, like half an hour before the announcement goes up. I didn't catch what it was though.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Tonight Pippa confirms her IQ of 3 :pippasquish:

First Pippa does AITA then Sporicle, she must have really gotten into NL's content. I remember watching a pippa clip where she reacted to NL speedrunning SM64 and was flamed by chat for having no clue who he was. It feels like forever ago.

Last edited:

Netscaper

Early Adopter
Mocap studio fully booked? Ame does a miniconcert for her birthday anyway(No wonder Kanauru was so quiet these last few weeks).
I also apreciate Ame's efforts to give chat minigames while they wait.....

News flash! Ame CAN EAT NON MURRICAN BREAD!

Airless

Active lurker
Huh, Ame is in Japan. I wonder if she's meeting other EN girls? Is Goomba in Japan as well?
So far she's only met Kiara and Mumei but she mentioned there would be a collab stream Soon™

Bug Eater

Apparently Niji management dropped whatever surprise is planned on YT early, like half an hour before the announcement goes up. I didn't catch what it was though.
It's still up (link), not sure if this means the others will also be announced tonight.

1673055642443.png
The LazuLight collab starts in a little over 2 hours. They'll be playing a fanmade LazuLight visual novel. No announcement of an announcement but I BELIEVE.
:mitothink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom