"Just because she's my oshi doesn't mean I want to get tentacled by Ina"Amanogawa Shiina

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
That's a good take, though it means they painted themselves in a corner if this year's awards will be voted on by viewers as they seemed to indicate.

Maybe for the next show they should just give up on the awards show pretense and instead just present it as a year-end highlights show of all their talents. Keep it split up by section (music covers, least seiso moments, etc) and don't bother with "winners" - just show the clips and encourage watchers to subscribe to the talents to see more.

I think changing the format would be a mistake. An award show format works because people love to argue and discuss awards and lists on the internet. Phase Connect already does a clip show and it gets little attention. Clips are also easy to skim past or ignore if they're not one of the talents you are interested in, but since lists have an opinion on people you're interested in, you're much more invested in the content of the list.

kestraline

Early Adopter
I think changing the format would be a mistake. An award show format works because people love to argue and discuss awards and lists on the internet. Phase Connect already does a clip show and it gets little attention. Clips are also easy to skim past or ignore if they're not one of the talents you are interested in, but since lists have an opinion on people you're interested in, you're much more invested in the content of the list.
Problem is Phase Weekly's clip quality is rather iffy at times as most clips get overlooked and some won't submit because they don't expect it'd pass through the filter.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Best / Worst Models
I mean, I already have a two-way uncontested tie for worst model, and they've both originated from the fetid bowels of RoosterTeeth.
Kdin's big titty furry creature abomination (Allah help me)
1672724489994.png
And the Official Ruby Rose™ model voiced by Lindsay by actual RoosterTeeth.

kestraline

Early Adopter
I mean, I already have a two-way uncontested tie for worst model, and they've both originated from the fetid bowels of RoosterTeeth.
I already have mine, because this switch will always be the most ridiculous to have happened.
1672724779615.png

Not even a loli tuber (she told people to watch fallenshadow for that), but gets a radical lewdtuber model because "it'll get her clips and numbers".

Needless to say neither of those have happened. Nice move there, Shizukou!

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Can't tell if you're bullshitting, or if you don't remember/know the absolutely insane series of events that lead to Amelia making Kiara's 3D live possible.
Shits just aint that innovative or out of the ordinary. All that came before the 3d stream just shows sheer incompetence of management and lack of official support, because now even indies can afford to be 3d. For cheap too. Basically shit just aint that cool anymore. And Obsydia did it better.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Lia's previewing her next stream already:

:whatastory:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
By the way, if you guys have any good "saddest graduation" options those would be good as all I really have are:
- Rye (Reincarnated)
- Shirara (Reincarnated)
- Randon Nerd (Reincarnated)
- Rushia (Actually gone on bad terms)
Sana (Last streamed on roommate 4 months ago)
Morino Peari (Just gone...)

Can't believe none of you had them in mind
GoGoNippon_-_Profile.png

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
So the Mario Kart Tournament is on Friday, has there been a announcement from Gura whether she is gonna be apart of it or drop out?
No, and neither has ame or kronii, the only thing kronii said about the tournament is that she looked up strategy videos, and i don't think ame has mentioned the tournament at all.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Two and a half hours from the time of this post, IRyS karaoke:

It does NOT say that it's unarchived (yet, at least), but I suppose I will not get much sleep tonight because I will stay up anyway.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Can't believe none of you had them in mind
View attachment 9565
I was just about to post this. I had only learned about them just as they announced their graduation. Still blows my mind how big these characters got having only really seen the Star_ video on ggnlwy years ago.
By the way, if you guys have any good "saddest graduation" options those would be good as all I really have are:
- Rye (Reincarnated)
- Shirara (Reincarnated)
- Randon Nerd (Reincarnated)
- Rushia (Actually gone on bad terms)
Beatani also graduated this year
:beatanimug::beatanicrying:

Kazuma

Early Adopter
No, and neither has ame or kronii, the only thing kronii said about the tournament is that she looked up strategy videos, and i don't think ame has mentioned the tournament at all.
Ame is focusing on preparing for her birthday 3D live. I think the Mario Kart tournament starts only a few hours after her 3D live.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
From the other thread. The categories in this seem somewhat decent. I feel like there should be clips to back some of these up.
Back in October @agility_ proposed that we hold an Asylum Award for the thread at the end of the year. I think it would be fun to look back on everything that has happened this year and give out little token awards for our favorite talents/moments and I've seen some others express the same sentiment. I think we should decide on the categories this week, nominate candidates for each category next week and set up polls and vote for each category on the first week of next year. Here are the categories that I propose and my example nominees, feel free to suggest additional categories or categories to remove:

Best Debut (New streamer that debuted this year that you find particularly interesting): Amanogawa Shiina
Memorable Graduation (Graduations that particularly affected you): Beatani (obviously Sana and the GoGo Nippon Girls graduated this year as well)
Best Original Song: Violet by Ina (I don't really watch vtubers for the music so I'm not the best judge here)
Best Cover: Villain Vibes by Trash Panda
Best Game Playthrough: Pippa's Postal 2 playthrough (I don't have time to watch as many talents so I would like so my list is going to be a bit biased)
Feels Moment (obviously excluding graduations): Metokur "raids" into Pippa and she finds out he will soon be too sick to stream or when she thanked him at the end of the Gunt stream
Biggest Yab: Rushia's career ending woman moment
Meme Magic Moment (when a vtuber memed something into reality or some funny coincidence or comedic timing): FLAVR (Salome reaching 1 million could also count)
Best Stream: Pippa's Rage stream otherwise known as the Gunt stream
Best Concert/Live Performance: Lain Paterson's 3D Debut (again I'm probably not the one to ask about this category)
Best Fanwork (Songs, videos, collaborations, probably not illustrations though): Moonshine's Just Pippa Things (The Ken Ashcorp Song was also this year)
Best New Outfit: Juniper Actias' Lune redesign v1(not a fan of v2 and this may change based on her new outfit on the 16th)
Best Collab/Crossover: Pippa and Lumi playing Vermintide
2 View Spotlight (2 view you discovered this year, they didn't have to debut this year): Dinosaurolophus (I don't know I don't watch too many 2 views)
Best Discovery of the Year (like the 2 view category, who did you discover this year that quickly became one of your favorites): Kirsche
Best Thread Moment (memorable moment from the thread itself, probably better for next year): the thread's creation
Most Schizo/Worst Fanbase: Kindred
Most Schizo/Lolcow Fan: Inkari Tenri
Lolcow Vtuber: Futacuchi Mana (that one brap tuber that kept changing identities is probably a better example but I can't remember their name)
Most Horrifying Moment: Stapler chan
Food Crime: Sakana's Ketchup Pasta (There are better examples I just can't think of ny right now)
Horrific Hygiene: Remilia's Moldy Firdge
Management Screw Up: Phase Connect banning 4chan lingo (There are probably better examples of this, maybe the Roco situation)
Biggest Let Down: KSON joining VShojo where her biggest appeal, her dynamic with the Holo girls is completely gone (Mana's entire career could be here as well)
Black Company of the Year: VShojo (WACTOR and CybreLive might be better fits but I don't know as much about them)

Here are agility's suggestions for categories:

What do you guys think, is this something you want to do?
I would probably add something like:
Best at zatsudan
Best collab partner
Best duo
Best attempt at canceling a Vtuber
Biggest crybaby
Best event
Best character break moment

Should probably start by deciding on categories. After that, open up a Google docs so that people can submit one nominee per category. To avoid massive landslide wins and keep it interesting, in some of these categories that might have a landslide victory, the talent might get excluded and a note can be added basically admitting that due to having more than twice as many nominations as the rest, the talent was skipped over. After that the final Google docs poll can be created for people to vote on.

Her accent filtered me, so idk. Maybe shorts? Aletta and Oceane post like 5+ shorts everyday.
Could be. Hell Shiina has a 40k-views Shorts from a few days ago.

I just saw the cow of the year thread was posted on the homelands. Was there anything like that planned on here? Something like "best indie", "biggest unicorn", "something for best corpo", "best Pippa", etc?
There is clearly a Pippa bias. Maybe we should just exclude her from 90% of the categories.

It doesn't really change if you base it off clips. Let's say you had three clips, and one of them is Pippa. Pippa wins. Doesn't matter if the other clips were better , doesn't matter if Pippa says not to vote brigade her or tells everyone to vote for someone else, doesn't matter if it's fans voting or other vtubers. Pippa has the most fans, Pippa wins. If you had three clips and none of them were Pippa, we'd all go: "but where's Pippa? This was rigged, she totally would have won that if she was included." And by curating the list to not include Pippa as you suggest, they'd be right to say it.
That's why its curated to avoid shoving Pippa nominations in all of the categories. Pippa does have a huge following but a good chunk of her audience is not active nor do they care about possibly voting for her or joining community events. Tenma and Uruka do.

Yes, the catch is that it is a small corpo that has caught lightning in a bottle with their EN branch. It's not good enough that they had this initial success, they must capitalize on it or they'll just flame out in the near future. "We are currently exceeding our vague 4 year projection" means nothing if you don't actually exponentially push past that point. Now is the time for them to have major growth and they ought to be very aggressive in this moment. They aren't doing anything groundbreaking regarding content, they've just had some really good marketing and picked actually talented individuals. They unironically need to double down and keep marketing these girls. Gura is literally gone right now, so blasting some Yuko ads would likely help her grow even more. Listen to me you jewboy CEO, keep doing whatever you can to put these girls in front of other vtubing content and you'll have yourself a second wave of fans joining up in no time. Throw out some compilation ads of the girls laughing and watch how people click just to see more of it. It's so simple it almost hurts, because I haven't seen anymore ad based marketing from them.
I hope the CEO is aware of this.

There's more of course but that sums it up, see these degens in the chats :smugpipi: also I want this for an emote! View attachment 9540
I mean isn't that the same Lovesense shit that camgirls use that whenever they get tips, the thing vibrates? Im not really surprised that people would use VR Chat to ERP and shit.

???? New wave? New addition? Have zero idea what the fuck this is.

Considering that refers specifically to TEMPUS, it might be something like new additions, ie:
- Tempus related official content (lore-focused content such as voice packs or whatever, most likely)
- Tempus bois getting merch (likely)
- Tempus bois getting outfits (not likely, but possible)
or it could be something else entirely with some relation to TEMPUS, iunno

Nolan what the heck
I feel like it will be an Irys situation of sorts and they will add 2 more members or something. I don't think that by "some new friends" they meant mascots or merch. We do know that the auditions opened up recently but I feel like maybe they had some leftover designs and given how big popular Tempus is, they might contact some of the runner-ups and get them in. Hell, it could be a Virtual Singer type of thing so that they can use in projects. JP has Azki, EN has Irys, ID doesnt have anyone (Moona, Kobo and Risu could fit that role though) and I don't think Stars actually have an official one (Rikka fits best or maybe Astel).

pippa shitposted a vtuber agency into existance, cant compete with that
As much as I enjoy Pippa's AI streams, the aftermath one after she came back from her 2 days off was possibly my favorite stream of hers.

I personally liked Magni's "Commissions opened" segments. The simple idea is Magni brings a guest and they can ask him to draw whatever they want, and it is usually some cursed shit. Such as this thing I timestamped, the Evangelion Managorilla thing Axel made Magni draw while Yagoo looks like a Sithlord trying to get RPR to sign a contract while RPR is in the Shinji chair meme pose, or Vesper "She has a big cock." Noir's commission. They take something a little different beyond typical drawing streams, and makes it a unhinged collab where people ask Magni to draw just weird shit in real time and he puts it all together in about an hour. Very short and sweet.

I also liked Judge Magni, Judge Magni is was a shitpost comedy bit taken so seriously with asking bullshit questions like "Is a Hotdog a taco?" or "Do paper towel rolls only have one hole?" and it is taken serious for the most part while Magni acts like a tyrant judge. Magni in-general tends to do a lot of weird bits that go beyond normal streaming that make him stand out, like his Magmo stuff going on right now or when Vesper became a small clone of himself during a Sim 4 stream and had to get drowned in a jar at the end once the "clone" learned the truth. He also turned a karaoke stream into something different by having improv comedy breaks in a old school radio show sort of vibe instead of just singing for an hour.

I really love those Magni collabs. They are also somewhat short and sweet.

Last edited:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
I mean isn't that the same Lovesense shit that camgirls use that whenever they get tips, the thing vibrates? Im not really surprised that people would use VR Chat to ERP and shit.
Oh here I go on another baldo search adventure thanks Azchan :pippasadl: Jk I know that one, also I'm not trying to mean to the cookies, I just though it was funny. But it's still gay and degen because it's discord

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter

Rosemi updogged herself again. This shouldn't even be possible, but here we are.

Not-Username

Just popping in to say awards are gay and autistic.
There is no way shape or form for it to be fair and conclusive. Voting will always be biased and even nominations are based on who isn't lazy enough to mention something.
And afterwards there will always be someone complaining or pissed because the result isn't to it's liking.

:incoming::touchgrass:

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
There is clearly a Pippa bias. Maybe we should just exclude her from 90% of the categories.
Just do what all biased "x of the year" people do and have like 4 or 5 experts chosen arbitrary by proctor or fuckingyt or resident recapper empty inbox (based on who posts often about indies or holo or niji) to choose 4 nominees for different categories and then have people vote between them or some gay shit.
Imo shits tribalistic somewhat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom