"I walk into the bathroom in my Norwegian basement, there is dead spiders in the sink and the entire place stinks of ammonia, strewn around the floor is half eaten soap bars. I urinate in silence; This isn't fanfiction, it's reality"Mozumi Pichi

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Juna popped into Sara's stream just as she died. Between this and the upcoming Lisa collab she's been networking with a fair few other small corpo girls lately, especially ones I like. Maybe she's trying to get my attention and steal me back from RIn
View attachment 9544
Juna sent her viewers over to Sava's Donothon stream via manual raid when she finished her Kuukiyomi stream, too.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Can there be a La Creatividad category? In honor of Ame of course, but there's a ton that could be nominated, whether it's the stream itself or stuff like organizing large events/collabs.
pippa shitposted a vtuber agency into existance, cant compete with that

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Can there be a La Creatividad category? In honor of Ame of course, but there's a ton that could be nominated, whether it's the stream itself or stuff like organizing large events/collabs.
pippa shitposted a vtuber agency into existance, cant compete with that

Can't compete with the OG La Creatividad. Love Pippa, but ain't possible.

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
Sure, a creativity category could be good. A lot of the limitation just comes down to how much I know as I'm mostly a Pippa Poster, so I'll need you guys to feed me names. I also think limiting it to 10 or less real categories is a good idea.
A few I can think of.
Shiina's education crab stream

Tenma's detective stream for her birthday with a lot of guest speakers

Airi's brainstorming stream on how to escape her black company job

I only regularly watch Phase talents, so my experience is limited.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Sure, a creativity category could be good. A lot of the limitation just comes down to how much I know as I'm mostly a Pippa Poster, so I'll need you guys to feed me names. I also think limiting it to 10 or less real categories is a good idea.
Kiara puppet theater
Ame's 3d studio
I feel like Rin Penrose deserves to be here but with her it's less individual moments and more just all the time
FlaVR... all of it. Honestly it's hard to compete with the combination of the original Pippa stream + the meme accounts + the REAL accounts and the end result is a growing association of vtubers that would never have existed without their combined efforts.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
View attachment 9548

Can't compete with the OG La Creatividad. Love Pippa, but ain't possible.

3d is not that creative, Melody did that before, Rosedoodle and filian do it now as indies, and Mana Re. did it on budget of 2 bottles of vodka.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Y'know I haven't checked into Sava's donothon in a while, might be a good time to drop by and see what's-

1672721126184.png

Oh :ponrys:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Time for Lia deep dive, CWC is too much, but a murderer is ay okay:

Totally out there opinion, I know, but these deep dives are always great. Must-see streams if you even have a passing interest in Lia and/or internet weirdoes. To be fair, this girl accidentally shot someone while strunk, not intentionally murdered her.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH live in 2 days but OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What is a zatsudon? Is that like a zatsudan on rice?

The award show system they came up with worked. For very little outlay, they got a lot of people talking about Phase Connect and the awards show, they put some spotlight on the less-viewed talents, and it doesn't look like there's any resentment between the talents for the results of the awards went, all of which could easily change if you decide to change the format.

That's a good take, though it means they painted themselves in a corner if this year's awards will be voted on by viewers as they seemed to indicate.

Maybe for the next show they should just give up on the awards show pretense and instead just present it as a year-end highlights show of all their talents. Keep it split up by section (music covers, least seiso moments, etc) and don't bother with "winners" - just show the clips and encourage watchers to subscribe to the talents to see more.

I'm going to preemptively say that Pippa calling into Mister Metokur's final Odysee stream without management/Sakana's permission probably has to be her and/or Phase-Connect's biggest 'yab moment' of the year (ironically on the very last day of it too). They denied her the collab for so long, barricaded her and tried to force stopping her from mentioning that entire side of the Internet, but she persevered, didn't give up, and when the cards were down, said 'fuck it' and called in at the absolute last opportunity she'll ever get, not letting anybody stop her. And she succeeded. If that isn't grounds for an autistic award then I don't know what is.

Until there's been some indication that she got pippunished for it, I won't consider it a yab. She streamed the next day and didn't mention being disciplined. For all we know currently, Sakana signed off on it behind-the-scenes after all.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
I personally liked Magni's "Commissions opened" segments. The simple idea is Magni brings a guest and they can ask him to draw whatever they want, and it is usually some cursed shit. Such as this thing I timestamped, the Evangelion Managorilla thing Axel made Magni draw while Yagoo looks like a Sithlord trying to get RPR to sign a contract while RPR is in the Shinji chair meme pose, or Vesper "She has a big cock." Noir's commission. They take something a little different beyond typical drawing streams, and makes it a unhinged collab where people ask Magni to draw just weird shit in real time and he puts it all together in about an hour. Very short and sweet.

I also liked Judge Magni, Judge Magni is was a shitpost comedy bit taken so seriously with asking bullshit questions like "Is a Hotdog a taco?" or "Do paper towel rolls only have one hole?" and it is taken serious for the most part while Magni acts like a tyrant judge. Magni in-general tends to do a lot of weird bits that go beyond normal streaming that make him stand out, like his Magmo stuff going on right now or when Vesper became a small clone of himself during a Sim 4 stream and had to get drowned in a jar at the end once the "clone" learned the truth. He also turned a karaoke stream into something different by having improv comedy breaks in a old school radio show sort of vibe instead of just singing for an hour.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Y'know I haven't checked into Sava's donothon in a while, might be a good time to drop by and see what's-

View attachment 9549

Oh :ponrys:
Yeah, chat voted on what "swimsuit" she was going to draw herself in via polls. She kept getting distracted from finishing the drawing for like almost an hour so I just peace'd out for the night. She said she would be going to bed after she finishes. Tomorrow should start with a 3DVR stream.

lvl8

Rie needs a better PC or needs to close tabs, her face tracking is delayed/lagging.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
By the way, if you guys have any good "saddest graduation" options those would be good as all I really have are:
- Rye (Reincarnated)
- Shirara (Reincarnated)
- Randon Nerd (Reincarnated)
- Rushia (Actually gone on bad terms)

kestraline

Early Adopter
A lot of them ended up being connected and I won't be surprised if most of them are. The annoying thing is they claim they own the company instead of just saying they're licensing the coffee and it's made for their brand in terms of flavor like G-Fuel does or how Phase just openly says they're getting it from whatever company.

Well screw it, I'll make a thread.

The topics I think so far are, and I'll add any suggestions that are reasonable:

Best Indie:
- Grimmi
- Kirsche
- Mina Vanilla
- Sleepy
- Sena

Biggest Menhera Moment / Biggest Yab (I need suggestions):
- Lia
- Pippa
- Shiina
- Tenma

Most Notable Final Yab of Graduation:
(I know there are people who did graduate I'm just bad at remembering them, help me @Takodachi and @Takowednesday)

The Worst Unicorn:
- Gabriel Kroniig
- Henry
- ?

Best Corpo:
- HoloLive
-Ninjisanji
- Phase Connect
- The Penis Haver Corpo (HoloStars?)
- VShojo

Most Notable Asylum Member:
- Nolan Crush

I can add a couple other recommended categories, and then I'll make the thread tomorrow.
Best / Worst Models would be good. Should have a Downfall of the Year aka the Rushia award, separating it from the other yabs.

You could also have something like Most WTF for something like kson joining vshojo, and Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic.

Sven

Until there's been some indication that she got pippunished for it, I won't consider it a yab. She streamed the next day and didn't mention being disciplined. For all we know currently, Sakana signed off on it behind-the-scenes after all.
I'd say I hold a similar opinion on this. The Fish cold as he is I doubt he is cold enough to deny her what may well be the last chance she had to speak to him, denying a full collab is one thing (and understandable on the business side) but denying this would be pretty harsh and outside a graduation I'm willing to bet she would eat any punishment even if he did. My money is they can do the good old denial, if any repercussions come up they can both say she did it without permission as she hinted at on stream and he can say she was punished for it without ever having to prove it.

Anti's can form rrats all they like after that but rrats are all they will have.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
By the way, if you guys have any good "saddest graduation" options those would be good as all I really have are:
- Rye (Reincarnated)
- Shirara (Reincarnated)
Maybe best reincarnation award instead or in addition?
Also this little Elf reincarnated into a...... can you guess?

Heh Heh Heh Remilia Nephys

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
- Rye (Reincarnated)
- Shirara (Reincarnated)
Sana (Last streamed on roommate 4 months ago)
Morino Peari (Just gone...)

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Maybe best reincarnation award instead or in addition?
Also this little Elf reincarnated into a...... can you guess?

Heh Heh Heh Remilia Nephys

Could be something like saddest graduation and best reincarnation as most reincarnate eventually.

I was looking at the one with knife ears and had no clue until I saw the spoiler.

Sana (Last streamed on roommate 4 months ago)
Morino Peari (Just gone...)
Isn't Sana Gura though? Not sure if I'd lump in people who still have their old account active, even if rarely, as that would mean Yuni is gone too and we can't have that.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
3d is not that creative, Melody did that before, Rosedoodle and filian do it now as indies, and Mana Re. did it on budget of 2 bottles of vodka.
Can't tell if you're bullshitting, or if you don't remember/know the absolutely insane series of events that lead to Amelia making Kiara's 3D live possible.

Edit: Oh shiz

Last edited:

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Best model is obviously Magni. I am not taking comments on this statement. :deztheroom:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Isn't Sana Gura though? Not sure if I'd lump in people who still have their old account active, even if rarely, as that would mean Yuni is gone too and we can't have that.
Tsukumo Sana from HoloCouncil. Graduated on July 31 this year. I think it's sad because she didn't even fall back to the roommate outside of a few streams months ago, she's just basically gone as a creator outside of art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom