"What's wrong with liking dick? If you don't like dick, how would you make us? How would you get your favorite oshi, if you didn't like it, dick"Enna Alouette

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Biggest Menhera Moment / Biggest Yab (I need suggestions):
- Lia
- Pippa
- Shiina
- Tenma
I'm going to preemptively say that Pippa calling into Mister Metokur's final Odysee stream without management/Sakana's permission probably has to be her and/or Phase-Connect's biggest 'yab moment' of the year (ironically on the very last day of it too). They denied her the collab for so long, barricaded her and tried to force stopping her from mentioning that entire side of the Internet, but she persevered, didn't give up, and when the cards were down, said 'fuck it' and called in at the absolute last opportunity she'll ever get, not letting anybody stop her. And she succeeded. If that isn't grounds for an autistic award then I don't know what is.

Last edited:

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH live in 2 days but OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This should be awesome. I hope their chemistry is as good as I'm anticipating.

I just saw the cow of the year thread was posted on the homelands. Was there anything like that planned on here? Something like "best indie", "biggest unicorn", "something for best corpo", "best Pippa", etc?
My brother, you yourself were even talking about it back in October too:
Splitting it up between corpo and indie would be good, maybe even a single "best 2view" option as well. There could even be a biggest unicorn category, but Gabriel would win that easy as not too many people can match selling their family's land to buy a plane ticket to see their oshi at a con.

As for another category, there could be a "worst/best creation" whether culinary, drawn, or otherwise to highlight some of the lunacy out there.

You should also look at what @ChilChakSack posted here: https://thevirtualasylum.xenforo.cl...ssion-aka-wtf-is-going-on-thread.2/post-23984

I mean let's be honest. I don't know how much point there is to an awards show that has a predetermined outcome of being swept by Phase and Phase adjacent vtubers.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Well screw it, I'll make a thread.

The topics I think so far are, and I'll add any suggestions that are reasonable:
Two suggestions from me:

Best new character
Shiina
Sena Bon-Bon

Best stream (keep it to one stream per vtuber)
Lia - Chris-Chan (Deep Dive)
Pippa - Looking at Saints Row Cringe

I'm sure others can add more nominations to these.

Edit: Most missed Vtuber
Misaki sisters (Go! Go! Nippon)
Sana (Hololive)

Last edited:

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
Bae just needs to go 100% 'Straya mode call everyone cunts, and yell at anyone trying to culture shame her.

Honestly? Yes.
If you like your Aussie vtuber you will embrace her aussie speak. The chat during the part where she explained that it was a gesture of endearment was 100% "We know".

:baewhatacunt:

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Biggest Menhera Moment / Biggest Yab (I need suggestions):
- Lia
- Pippa
- Shiina
- Tenma
I don't know what you might consider a worthy Yab, but Axel showed the top of his whole damn head without hesitation somewhat recently on his Christmas baking stream that Holopro had to kill the VOD as soon as possible that they even cut his outro part way through it playing. You could practically watch the VOD die in real time while watching the stream for how fast they pulled the plug when it was over.

You might be intermingling Yab and Menhera a little too much, so maybe we want to divide the categories a little for emotional breakdowns and just plain dumb fuckery that kills VODs. We can also just make that its own category in some way so we can include things that didn't kill VODs but are still extremely stupid.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
A reminder that Rushia yabbed herself all the way out of Hololive in 2022. Frankly it's hard for anyone else to compare to how big and multi-layered that event was.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
If you guys are making an award show and @BioBreak doesn't win best TVA Artist I will riot.
A reminder that Rushia yabbed herself all the way out of Hololive in 2022. Frankly it's hard for anyone else to compare to how big and multi-layered that event was.
As far is I'm concerned, there is nothing even in the same galaxy rivaling Rushia's yab. It's the most notable of not only this year, but all of vtubing's history.

AyoTempus

Early Adopter
For some reason I thought it was late 2021 as that whole thing is just a blur in terms of the dates to me compared to everything else that happened, but yeah pretty much nothing can beat Rushia's graduation spiral if we bring her in. That is effectively impossible no matter what relevant category you put it into.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
I don't know what you might consider a worthy Yab, but Axel showed the top of his whole damn head without hesitation somewhat recently on his Christmas baking stream that Holopro had to kill the VOD as soon as possible that they even cut his outro part way through it playing. You could practically watch the VOD die in real time while watching the stream for how fast they pulled the plug when it was over.

You might be intermingling Yab and Menhera a little too much, so maybe we want to divide the categories a little for emotional breakdowns and just plain dumb fuckery that kills VODs. We can also just make that its own category in some way so we can include things that didn't kill VODs but are still extremely stupid.
I mostly just made them one to keep things more contained as I don't want a million categories, but splitting menhera and yab might be a good idea. Also what did Vesper do as he got put in suspension for a bit?

Didn't know that happened this year but I'll add it in there for the thread. Saw it in @ChilChakSack 's post thanks to @Johnny Jambalaya

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
I mostly just made them one to keep things more contained as I don't want a million categories, but splitting menhera and yab might be a good idea. Also what did Vesper do as he got put in suspension for a bit?
Vesper lost his temper at management, his own words.

AyoTempus

Early Adopter
The official story is that he lost his temper and yelled at management in some capacity. For what reason? We don't know, but Axel implied by accident that they got into a fight and Vesper's argument and temper story backs that up. Apparently Vesper had a very explosive temper in his youth that resurfaced with this incident.

Edit: Here's a short-ish clip where he explains what happened.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
There's no bigger 2022 yab than Rushia, queen of the GFE simps and top earner of hololiveJP, getting vaporized from contractual breach by revealing freaking company information to japanese Keemstar, while also trying to reassure her paypigs that no, she isn't dating/getting railed by a notorious poofter. The icing on that cake is her joining vshojo and futher continuing with her life exactly as it was, having learned nothing for the better while blaming the whole world but herself for her woes. It sounds like I don't like her a lot but all of this crap actually happened.

DaddyChill

What the hell is even that!
Early Adopter
Surprise Gobbo stream

Man her model and face rigging is so amazing. It looks so natural and smooth. Biggest problem I think with most rigs is their heads and upper body are stuck in a rubber suit like the original Batman moves. There is no independent motions and everything is so rigid.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I think I saw each of the new members have some people from here representing them at first. Although that has fallen off, Yuko and Rin do have the lion's share of posts at this point. They are both cute in their own way! Also Yuko helps fill that loli shaped hole in my heart that Goorah leaves me with consistently. Yuko is just more foulmouthed which takes some getting used to.
>Navigate back in the forum to when they premiered to see the chatter as I was gone
>See a follow-along with Punkalopi
>Remember people say she was alright, and I haven't checked her out yet. Why the shit not?
>Gets to Rin premier, chatters call Rin trans, call for trans rights, Lopi actively responds to them, "Trans all the rights!"
>Into the trash it goes

Leave my tomboys alone you filthy degenerates. That's a shame.

Meanwhile, Yuko is 5 shots and a bunch of sips of muscato down, drunk as fuck, and was telling us about how oil rigs stay buoyant.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
There's no bigger 2022 yab than Rushia, queen of the GFE simps and top earner of hololiveJP, getting vaporized from contractual breach by revealing freaking company information to japanese Keemstar, while also trying to reassure her paypigs that no, she isn't dating/getting railed by a notorious poofter. The icing on that cake is her joining vshojo and futher continuing with her life exactly as it was, having learned nothing for the better while blaming the whole world but herself for her woes. It sounds like I don't like her a lot but all of this crap actually happened.
And it stemmed from an on-stream discord leak, just like every nothingburger "yab" in existence. That's why I think nothing compares to it this year, because it actually was the most basic of leaks and yet just cascaded out into everything you said.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
The Rage Pig might be Pippa's most notable stream of the year.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
:shiinastare:I took a brave plunge into discord garbage can to investigate the allegation of degen butter cookies:shiinastare:
discord1.PNG
discord2.PNG
discord3.PNG
discord4.PNG

discord5.PNG
There's more of course but that sums it up, see these degens in the chats :smugpipi: also I want this for an emote!
shiinmader.PNG

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Quick, I need weirdest drunk moments, Shiina's dusty womb and Lia's fanfic reading come to mind first.

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
Quick, I need weirdest drunk moments, Shiina's dusty womb and Lia's fanfic reading come to mind first.
Would Benadryl intoxication count?

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom