"I'm mad at you guys because you never call me a whore!"S.S. Isa

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

closedblas

Wasn't Cover working on their own streaming platform, that may or may not be open to other Vtubers? It's still a tall order, but if anyone could pull it off, I'd put it on Cover.
They added event streaming to HoloEarth, for 3D lives etc. Not regular streaming.

The reason is the current generation of "software developer" are all iphone hacks. They only knows how to write apps for iphone, all of them dreamt it big to hit an flappy bird tier success, million dollars off a simple independently developed game that anyone can make.
It's like a 90-10 distribution of iphone app - pc developers these days. At least for Asia.
Mobile dev is like maybe a quarter of "software developer" jobs. I wouldn't say it's a "coveted" class of SWE job at all.
Most kids who start learning CS start with Java which is directly Android-applicable. Then Kotlin takes like 2 weeks to learn.
If you want to dev for iOS you need to buy a Mac, and hackintoshs don't work if you want to release to store.
Even in Japan, the most Apple-addicted country, it's easier to find an Android mobile dev job than an iOS job. And like 90% of those iOS jobs are with Apple Japan.
The next best country for iOS jobs is US. Every other Asian country is Android-first.
So what kind of developer are you?:smugpipi:
I don't get why people keep trying to make a vtuber streaming platform. After all YouTube, Twitch and Kick don't make money, and I don't think Rumble does, and that doesn't look like it's changing any time soon for any of them.
They want to copy TikTok Lives, where the platform can sell viewers garbage directly in the stream.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Should I make a meat Amiya? I think she'd like that, since she likes to eat meat.

I miss her. If she doesn't stream in a few hours, I think I'll do something. Not sure what, though. But it will be something.

ponwolf

As I understand it, the first company contracted to make the plushies was a scam, and after spending a bunch of time sorting that out and getting what refund they can, Phase has a new company working on it. So you'll eventually get the plushie, just very slowly, even by Phase Connect standards. And if it's actually cancelled for some reason, I'm sure they'd put out a notice, send out emails and issue refunds.
Don’t think it’s cancelled, phase just likes to remove all the links to old listings the moment the pre-order period ends.

Was lurking around on the discord and subreddit and saw them say it should begin arriving at the end of the month to the warehouse.

So we’ll probably begin receiving them by summer 2025 knowing fishmans speed /s :smugpipi:

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Randon live.

He's doing a bit where he plays a horror game and has a "pucker factor" display to show how scared he is.
randon_pucker_factor.JPG

TKN_Murder

Murdered Lurker
Peo is live playing TCG card simulator right now.

Eureka

Murray Is live with more The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom for today.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Marine's 1st solo album is out now.
$21, comes with a standee. The limited edition already sold out.
Her concert's second lottery round should be open in ~11 hours. 12/7-12/8 K-Arena Yokohama.

The 2nd day of her concert is the same day as Isekaijoucho's mini anniversary live. All free all youtube.
She did link a poll for what her setlist should be, closes in a week. Please don't be weird.

Then a pretty big music event, Anisama V-Kami 2024, on 12/15.
Featuring
  • Asano "Diddy" Ruri
  • Holos - Kanata, Mio, Nene, Lamy
  • Neoporte - Shibuya Hal, Hizuki Yui (happy to see her incline hard)
  • Niji - Kaede and Yumeoi (weirdchamp)
  • Indies - Fuji Aoi (insanely OG), Suou Patra, YuNi
  • people from Kamitsubaki, a couple of upd8 survivors
  • the seiyuu from Shikanoko
  • Kitadani Hiroshi and Morigushi Hiroko - are they here to BTFO the vtubers lmao?
It's not a live event, just watching it "live" in a cinema (sold out) or streamed via spwn.

Other concerts in Dec I'm looking at: Hachi (12/14), Kamitsubaki's ASU (12/28), Nagihara Suzuna (12/31).
Bunch of other microcorps/indies - lmk if you're interested.

I'm going to be pingponging between Taipei and Shanghai for Dec-Jan so I'm hoping to take a weekend off to Tokyo for a concert.
Didn't get Suisei's first lottery. 2nd lottery results should be out this weekend but I'm pessimistic.

Bad timing for my car to stop starting.

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Did Gooba sing this time or was Hololive completely absent from this?
Considering there's been absolutely no talk about this anywhere in the Vtuber sphere, obviously absent.

In other news:

Jacksfilms calling out filian lol, wtf is this timeline
I hate fleshoids sticking their filthy mugs into vtubing but also, reactslop needs to die and idk why it infiltrated vtubing or why anyone let it. In conclusion: I hate everyone involved.

Pippers... playing defense for filian won't get you vtuber of the year in the awards gurl

Last edited:

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
Considering there's been absolutely no talk about this anywhere in the Vtuber sphere, obviously absent.

In other news:

The Pippiggas are probably going to break containment over this, just a headsup.
:BijouBijou:

Edit: NVM, I see you saw her Tweets already.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
reactslop needs to die and idk why it infiltrated vtubing or why anyone let it.
I need to know what my oshi thinks of every single video in existence, no matter how shitty or irrelevant, please understand.

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
The Pippiggas are probably going to break containment over this, just a headsup.
It'll be funny, and I can just watch from within the walled garden like a true HoloGODKANG from ancient egypt so I say: LET THEM FIGHT!

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

dumdum did nothing wrong

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter

Local fluffy tail woman get a very swell guy that is searching for a mate and dont care about those pesky things like the age of consent

And to answer your question, yes he is capital R retarded

Captura de pantalla 2024-10-18 005508.png

VSoyBoy

Dokibird is doing an Apex tourney, open call for interested VTubers.

Last edited:

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
Mate, lots of western VA's of anime and anime adjacent stuff were complete assholes to people plenty of times before AI voice happened. I'm enjoying so many of them getting their just desserts for their bullshit over the years. Yes it sucks for the beginners or the people who weren't dicks to everyone but their own select few, but the same shit has been happening for decades in every other fucking industry, all those poor blue collars learned how to deal with it, the VA's can learn to deal with it too.
I agree with you, but you're missing the point. I get the schadenfreude, the US "voice acting" industry is a scam through and through commanded by mean girls and jocks that love to touch their fans, but this isn't about them, it's about making sure things are done in the right way.
My concern is that models are built without the awareness of the VAs and many times using the dead's work, it's just unethical. If you show that the person in question licensed their work and said "hey, they used only my stuff here and I got paid for it" no one would bat an eye - I guarantee you those western vultures would, but that'd be bad optics for them for ganging up on a smaller worker.
Screenshot_20241018-022102016_1.jpg
No mention to whoever was fed to the model or their process using it in Liars Bar description.

AI is an amazing tool for a lot of things but if you don't think this is a messy way to move forward as it's being used to replace live art I don't know what to tell you.
As another user pointed out, they could use the devs voice instead, high chance of becoming good memes. People forget a lot of Half Life quotes are from devs fucking around.

In other news:

I hate fleshoids sticking their filthy mugs into vtubing but also, reactslop needs to die and idk why it infiltrated vtubing or why anyone let it. In conclusion: I hate everyone involved.

Pippers... playing defense for filian won't get you vtuber of the year in the awards gurl

1729228458017.jpeg

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
Okay, this "Filian is a thief" arc is getting really weird

"Fillianne" popped up on my timeline, and it's literally just someone impersonating Filian, only without pants
1729232827520.png
1729232850103.png

:amextodoubt:

Hell, this person is even using Filian's tags
1729232923066.png
(Link is NSFW, it's basically just Filian's model flashbanging the viewer, but instead of recoiling in horror like the real Filian does, this one is posing like a :WHORE!!!:)

No stream links, no profile besides twitter, and only 200 followers, I'm not really sure what their end goal is here

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
All of the vtubers moving over to Bluesky got me thinking. I wonder how a vtuber-centric Mastodon server would fare. Gather up a bunch of indies, small corpos, and artists and shove them all onto a Mastodon server.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Jelly on the telly (in five minutes):

Top Bottom