"WHY DO I KEEP PLAYING GAMES WITH NAKED MEN?!"Pomu Rainpuff

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

VSoyBoy

Okay, this "Filian is a thief" arc is getting really weird

"Fillianne" popped up on my timeline, and it's literally just someone impersonating Filian, only without pants
View attachment 80871
View attachment 80872
:amextodoubt:

Hell, this person is even using Filian's tags
View attachment 80873
(Link is NSFW, it's basically just Filian's model flashbanging the viewer, but instead of recoiling in horror like the real Filian does, this one is posing like a :WHORE!!!:)

No stream links, no profile besides twitter, and only 200 followers, I'm not really sure what their end goal is here
Speaking about Filian:
When is she getting her own model? The goodsmile debacle (which shouldn't even be the main impetus for getting her own) was over three months ago. Even the best 3D modelers will not take more than two months to finish a model. What's the hold-up?

I can't imagine her business partners being happy with having to push back product launches (or cancelling them outright) because she can't get a move on.

Bronze

Katta's going on a hiatus until her departure from Idol

Tubedude

Even the best 3D modelers will not take more than two months to finish a model. What's the hold-up?
Filian had an AI art tag for some time so it would not be surprising if modelers are keeping their distance (especially the twitter-brained ones, or those that want to keep some twitter brained friends). Kirsche also had massive issues getting a new model from the one she used for years. Admittedly this is Filian we're talking about so the delay is likely her own fault somehow, but there are reasons why it might not be.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Speaking about Filian:
When is she getting her own model? The goodsmile debacle (which shouldn't even be the main impetus for getting her own) was over three months ago. Even the best 3D modelers will not take more than two months to finish a model. What's the hold-up?

I can't imagine her business partners being happy with having to push back product launches (or cancelling them outright) because she can't get a move on.
Why would she? She doesn't need permission to use it, just to make merch of it.

Going a step further, the terms of use state that for any activities with a larger commercial potential, such as the production of character products, beyond typical VTuber activities such as video and streaming, advance notice is required, and guidance regarding credit notification is provided after review.

Usually, they are not that large in scale, and in many cases the VTuber personally handles the production and sales without going through a company, so selling this type of character merchandise is not really an issue.

However, if there are individuals who have agencies or companies or corporations that use the images, we will provide them with detailed information and advance notice even if the use is not for commercial purposes.

The part I took issue with was that even though the VTuber does not own the copyright to the character, the project was carried out through a contract with a company without any notification to the original character's creator.

Helkar

VSoyBoy

Why would she? She doesn't need permission to use it, just to make merch of it.

Are you serious? Why doesn't every VTuber just use an off the shelf model then? Why did Vedal get a new model for Neuro? You say that like merch is a trivial part of the VTuber business.

Reason 1

Reason 2
Screenshot 2024-09-06 041717.jpg

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Figaro singing at 4.30PM JST.

She will be singing first in a "Healing Vtuber" relay hosted by MunMosh tomorrow as well.

Yamagami Karuta with a new outfit at 7PM JST for her fifth anniversary.

She's one of the few who updated her lore, starting as a Tengu apprentice and around a year ago "graduated" to become a full fledged Tengu.

Shioriha Ruri also continuing FFX at 7PM JST.

The NTR scene should be close.

Suisei visiting an indie VSinger who got featured in the Next section of Vtuber Singing King.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Kazuma

Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

frz

Are you serious? Why doesn't every VTuber just use an off the shelf model then? Why did Vedal get a new model for Neuro? You say that like merch is a trivial part of the VTuber business.
Because you will have to pay the creator royalty and be afraid of onlyfans impersonations like Filliane up there.
The smart move is invest in new model and you will gain much more money than you put in.

Filian is a dumbass and still wanted to keep using the model even if it means sharing revenue with the author. But the author is fucking pissed because they didn't even know Filian existed, she even fucking admitted on stream that she pirated the model and never paid for it.

Filian might be biding her time until the author stop being pissed and will eventually accept her money. Not everyone can just turn down money like Kay yu after all. But who knows

TKN_Murder

Murdered Lurker
Fuwamoco's 1st ASMR voice pack got announced. Sale starts on the 19th.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
I agree with you, but you're missing the point. I get the schadenfreude, the US "voice acting" industry is a scam through and through commanded by mean girls and jocks that love to touch their fans, but this isn't about them, it's about making sure things are done in the right way.
My concern is that models are built without the awareness of the VAs and many times using the dead's work, it's just unethical. If you show that the person in question licensed their work and said "hey, they used only my stuff here and I got paid for it" no one would bat an eye - I guarantee you those western vultures would, but that'd be bad optics for them for ganging up on a smaller worker.
View attachment 80870
No mention to whoever was fed to the model or their process using it in Liars Bar description.

AI is an amazing tool for a lot of things but if you don't think this is a messy way to move forward as it's being used to replace live art I don't know what to tell you.
As another user pointed out, they could use the devs voice instead, high chance of becoming good memes. People forget a lot of Half Life quotes are from devs fucking around.

Nah.png

Nah.

To be honest with you, this all sounds like some cope. Is it out of fear for the future, and how technology continues to dehumanize us? Is it a desire for the continuation of artistic craftsmanship, with the view that it will be lost, at the very least, to a great extent? Is it a bleeding heart for all the people with soon-to-be obsolete skills? I don't know, but it sure is cope.

There is no "right way" in advancement in technology: it merely comes. To claim its current use is "unethical" is just, like, your opinion, man. In my view, Machine Learning is no different than an artist learning how to paint by observing another's brush strokes, or a musician watching how Eddie Van Halen strums his guitar, or someone in theater listening intently to how a maestro performs with his voice. It's just now being done by a computer.

Advancements in any field is "messy." So what? The biggest argument here would be in the political-economical realm of planned economy, which itself a whole 'nother topic. It isn't automatically an "ethical" issue, so hard as you might push it as. The biggest would be legal, and that is a fascinating question that will soon be tested. But I'm sensing something more on the grounds "moral," that can not be defeated by arguments of "work"; that I could present that an AI company could hire artists to draw a lot, and a lot in many other artists' styles, as many are good at doing; to hire voice actors to speak a lot, in a lot of different ways, and to imitate - with great accuracy - famous people, living and dead; to perform music in all manner of genres, and in styles so exact to be indistinguishable from the musical acts they're imitating. In all ways it wouldn't use, in any capacity, the work of the artists, the voice actors, or musicians, but the end result would be the same - and I think your position would still be the same.

So again, I call out your cope.

Top Bottom