dghsgdfhC.jpg

Fishman in chat:

dhgsdgC.jpg

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

VSoyBoy

One more Niji post before bed.

Sonny has his 3D reveal right now:

Also, check out his cooking video. It's really well edited, funny, and the food actually looks edible.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Onolumi playing X-COM: Terror from the Deep

I've never seen any of her streams (yet, anyway) but I really appreciate the cute doodles she does for all her thumbnails. Above and beyond.

All of the vtubers moving over to Bluesky got me thinking. I wonder how a vtuber-centric Mastodon server would fare. Gather up a bunch of indies, small corpos, and artists and shove them all onto a Mastodon server.

That is called vt.social and it's operated by Asahi Lina, that Linux developer transtuber. Have fun!

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

1729250466100.png

Can't believe the blue bear is holding (virtual) hands online.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Suou Patra still with Pokemon Emerald, postgame.

Yamagami Karuta released a cover song after the outfit reveal.

The new outfit is very cute too.

Compilation clip of VSpo's Komori Met.

This is a shamelessly pedantic point to make, but there's a lot of literature from the late 19th and very early 20th centuries about the appalling conditions horses had to endure as a mass-produced commodity utilized on an industrial scale. A big thing about automation was that it eliminated an industry that essentially tortured millions of highly intelligent living creatures to death and then minced up their bodies as cheap foodstock and glue at the end of it all.

Obviously artists and musicians aren't literally being worked to death and then turned into glue (though frankly given how entitled and miserable some of them are, I wouldn't be writing the artists equivalent of Black Beauty to try and save them even if they were...) but even before A.I, only 0.1% of artists at best were ever turning it into a career. Thousands of others were making pennies working on fiverr churning out slop. Art has always been about marketing more than it has been about results; the people at the top will still make a perfectly good living selling art 'by so-and-so', but there'll be less exploitation of smaller artists due to the proliferation of A.I.
Speaking of horses I listened to a podcast some time ago about the resistance of British Army during the interwar period to replace cavalry with tanks and one of the reasons mentioned was that the army can use their horses as meat if necessary.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife

Kson's doing a Q&A with the Vshojo JP CEO.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Mike loves lawyers so much she decided to play Ace Attorney (or Gyakuten Saiban)

Limkin

Mike loves lawyers so much she decided to play Ace Attorney (or Gyakuten Saiban)
She isn't using it to unironically study for the next lawsuit right? There are limits to stupidity

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Artists that use AI are going to use it to help bypass a lot of boring work, like backgrounds and so forth, and they're going to tidy up errors and inconsistencies and edit pictures to create the art with the style and presentation they're after and save many, many hours of work. Same for when people started seriously using computers to draw art instead of drawing by hand, I'm sure the hand-drawing artists cried bloody murder and complained about the lack of soul or whatever at the time, but now most artists do it and hand-drawing art is an expensive niche.

Like any technology advancement in an industry, you either adapt or become a fossil.

Spooked But Lobotomized

Someone mentioned Holoearth and what happened to it and Ollie is streaming it right now

UberSoldat

I've never seen any of her streams (yet, anyway) but I really appreciate the cute doodles she does for all her thumbnails. Above and beyond.
She's great, check her out. Speaking of, she's doing a Warcraft lore stream right now

frz

Artists that use AI are going to use it to help bypass a lot of boring work, like backgrounds and so forth, and they're going to tidy up errors and inconsistencies and edit pictures to create the art with the style and presentation they're after and save many, many hours of work. Same for when people started seriously using computers to draw art instead of drawing by hand, I'm sure the hand-drawing artists cried bloody murder and complained about the lack of soul or whatever at the time, but now most artists do it and hand-drawing art is an expensive niche.

Like any technology advancement in an industry, you either adapt or become a fossil.
I personally disagree. Maybe in 2070 AI can do what you describe, but right now what the thing excels at is creating more inconsistencies, more errors. You will end up wasting more times fixing inconsistencies/mistakes AI make than drawing everything from scratch.
What AI is good at is deceiving naked eyes from amateurs, but for pros it will be very easy to tell. Like back when Pekora/Holofantasy used AI art recently and people were pointing out mistakes in the shadows. Gen AI right now can't figure out shadows and shading at all, and for some reason it really fucking hate 5 fingers. You either have 4 or 6, 5 is blasphemy.

LLMs and genAI at its current stage in general are not at that stage where they can just "tidy up errors". And honestly most of them are scams and might never reach that stage. Just look at how hard they fucked up google search.
I think there will be people who gets really good at manipulating them and sell stuffs for cheap. But it won't be aiding artists. At least in its current form.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I personally disagree. Maybe in 2070 AI can do what you describe, but right now what the thing excels at is creating more inconsistencies. You will either end up wasting more times fixing inconsistencies/mistakes AI make than drawing everything from scratch.
What AI is good at is deceiving naked eyes from amateurs, but for pros it will be very easy to tell. Like back when Pekora/Holofantasy used AI art recently and people were pointing out mistakes in the shadows. Gen AI right now can't figure out shadows and shading at all, and for some reason it really fucking hate 5 fingers. You either have 4 or 6, 5 is blasphemy.

LLMs and genAI at its current stage in general are not at that stage yet. And honestly most of them are scams.
I think there will be people who gets really good at manipulating them and sell stuffs for cheap. But it won't be aiding artists.
You really underestimate how fast AI art is evolving. This was from June 2022.

1729254223026.png

Now, late 2024, we're arguing about inconsistencies in shadows and perspective lines to prove that something is AI art. Who knows where we'll be in two, three, five years time? AI assisting artists is happening far, far sooner than 2070.

stassy

Azki / Koyori / Kanata / Ririka collab All-you-need-is-help collab in half an hour :

Nayuta grinding M3 again, releasing 2 albums and a lot of guest songs, first one has an xfade revealed today :

Zyklon Mag

8/10 daki ad, should've had more panicked muffled screaming/honking when Bettel daki was being smothered humanely euthanized:Vesper-UNHINGED:

Bug Eater

Guys I think I figured out what the "V" in VShojo stands for. (vagueposting aside it seems like they could be announcing new members)
(a)

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Guys I think I figured out what the "V" in VShojo stands for. (vagueposting aside it seems like they could be announcing new members)
(a)

Oh, I see. When corpos vaguepost it's cool, but when Proctor does it he's a femboy.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Top Bottom