"Eating Mike Tysons Ass"Inugami Korone

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Wasn't Cover working on their own streaming platform, that may or may not be open to other Vtubers? It's still a tall order, but if anyone could pull it off, I'd put it on Cover.

frz

In fairness we all complain about twitch/youtube moderation but the only way it will change is if there's a better alternative.
I can tell you iphone-only, vertical stream-only, no gaming allowed, isn't it.
These apps all copied the most retarded shit from one another.
Why do all these stupid new streaming platforms refuse to let people use it in a browser? :depressedtako:Even dog shit like Tik Tok works on browser, how is that so hard for them to do/understand?
Pleasu undastand, iphone app developers never heard of a browser before. What do you mean game streaming? People play games????
WHY IS ALWAYS APP ONLY? Do japs think people watch vtuber only on the phone and not on their computer when doing homework or working?
Not just app only. They also launches iphone only as well. Then the app gets poorly ported to android.
The reason is the current generation of "software developer" are all iphone hacks. They only knows how to write apps for iphone, all of them dreamt it big to hit an flappy bird tier success, million dollars off a simple independently developed game that anyone can make.
It's like a 90-10 distribution of iphone app - pc developers these days. At least for Asia.

But the real reason is probably bandwidth. A vertical vtuber stream probs take much less bandwidth than a normal flesh stream/video game streams. Also the main reason why they make the app incompatible with game streaming.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Wasn't Cover working on their own streaming platform, that may or may not be open to other Vtubers? It's still a tall order, but if anyone could pull it off, I'd put it on Cover.
No?
They made Holoplus, which is essentially Holo-only Twitter and nobody uses it. Why the hell would they make a streaming platform for the stinky plebs to use? Streaming platforms aren't profitable.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

DelusionTree

Early Adopter

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
Wait are they actually canceled?
They better not be. I still have the area picked out for my plushie shrine.

In unrelated news, Ami tummy physics.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
that inspires so much confidence in this platform. You have barely 3 view powerhouse nyaru fronting this shit, watch out holo and niji, brave you missed out on this deal :NOWWELAUGH: I'll give credit where credit is due. They at least didn't name it Vstreaming or V(something)
I don't know, hearing all this stuff about it, Vtarded sounds pretty fitting to me.
:smugsubaru:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Wait are they actually canceled?
As I understand it, the first company contracted to make the plushies was a scam, and after spending a bunch of time sorting that out and getting what refund they can, Phase has a new company working on it. So you'll eventually get the plushie, just very slowly, even by Phase Connect standards. And if it's actually cancelled for some reason, I'm sure they'd put out a notice, send out emails and issue refunds.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
B-but IRIAM gave us the Gozaru :amefbiopenup:
They cant be that bad right ? :BijouBijou:

Good Night

Wellful of Wails

Toxic Benevolence Critic
just turn your phone 90 degrees. now you can watch like a desktop user.

you're welcome.

jesus christ, this timeline.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Streaming platforms are so unprofitable and high maitenance that Google has decided to final solution all adblockers with manifest v3 so more normies have ads pushed down their throats

Pencilfreak

OG Pomu fan and former nijisister

IMG_1854.jpeg

Edit: Replaced video games to vtubers.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I don't get why people keep trying to make a vtuber streaming platform. After all YouTube, Twitch and Kick don't make money, and I don't think Rumble does, and that doesn't look like it's changing any time soon for any of them.

Look man, if anything I will applaud anyone willing to take on the task of providing a streaming or messaging platform that doesn't suck ass because jesusfuck, twitter, youtube, discord; I cannot decide who to give the award for smelliest sweltering septic tank of a community hub.

Anime Fan

Shiina's doing a sponsored Pokémon pack opening stream.

Also, Shiina apparently clicked on a phishing link and got hacked like Rie did.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
IRyS playing Space Marine 2

Calli and Kronii playing Powerwash Simulator

Last edited:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Advent just announced plushies during their advent collab.

Official tweet.

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Advent just announced plushies during their advent collab.

Official tweet.

Inb4 20 trillion posts of the Shiori plush stalking people from dark corners.

bothyourhouses

seems like this company is a subsidiarity of a much larger e-commerce company that has major shareholders across the Japanese banking industry and even Nintendo has a 12% stake.
Most relevantly they own most of Showroom, which is somehow what all the Japanese idols and their simps use despite it sucking on multiple levels (in fairness they do a few things right - the "gig" vibe of it is nice with everyone's avatars standing around and throwing bits at the talent, and the wordfiltering/message size limit works for Japanese - but that's something that will be very difficult to make work in English). So there's some reason for it to catch on there. (Also they used to own a chunk of Airtrip for some reason? Lol, Japanese companies).
YouTube, Twitch and Kick don't make money, and I don't think Rumble does, and that doesn't look like it's changing any time soon for any of them.
Is that still true with the rise of subscriptions/superchats and the big increase in ads YouTube has pushed out recently? There's so much money being thrown at streamers you'd think there's a way for a platform to make a living off it eventually, given that bandwidth is always getting cheaper.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Marine's 1st solo album is out now.
$21, comes with a standee. The limited edition already sold out.
Her concert's second lottery round should be open in ~11 hours. 12/7-12/8 K-Arena Yokohama.
I'm pissed that im going to be in Hokkaido for this. I would have scheduled my trip around it had I known earlier.

Coquis nuking her twitter, archive it while you can

She's got a bsky

Archive

Another retard not understanding that Ai will still scan through BlueSky for material even if it doesn't outwardly say so.

mn9jgo.PNG

I've seen a lot of people pretending that bluesky has a chance of being a viable social media platform recently.
Seems like every Vtuber/Vtweeter screeching over a nothingburger.

GGEZ Anime shark blessing OP.

Did Gooba sing this time or was Hololive completely absent from this?

I was expecting Kyo to look like some buff dude with the nigga voice he had, but no, he looks like an omega phaggot, the kind that gets turn into a woman in jail

The melanin is on the inside, not the outside.

If people wanted to actually set this up to expand their brand to a potentially larger audience on Bluesky or other platforms, I could understand it, but this is just a hissy fit people are having over some dumb Twitter shit that they won't follow through with. I've seen plenty of people already say they forgot they had already made an account on Bluesky, which tells me this is the same song-and-dance they've done before.

People on Twitter have been extra annoying lately.
Its impressive how retarded vtubers are as a whole. The amount of bitching and moaning yesterday was a bit shocking.

Top Bottom