"Seriously chat, whilst she's gone off the room, I really don't know how do you put up with... uh Rin lol At least you don't have to live with her like I do, maybe we could try and get her to move out, even if she moved to the shed in the garden, she's absolutely hopeless in the house; She doesn't even know what recycling is, can't put anything in the bin, doesn't know what a washing machine is, doesn't make her bed, full of toys, absolutely full of toys, doesn't even drive; You'd think she'd work all this work out before she came on stream, oh here she comes. We all decided it would be a really good idea if you moved to Siberia"Gin Penrose

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Well this is the disappointing announcement. Too apathetic to see what an onboarding pass is other than a waste of money

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
If Elon musk causes Jelly to disappear then Elon musk becomes my mortal enemy!!!!:cursedbae::cursedbae::cursedbae:
you ire is on the asshole running a business instead of the chink parents that would disown their child for having an unconventional job? :thisisstupid:
I also have to ask, how the fuck would her parents know she's still doing vtubing in the first place? If jelly was retarded enough to use her IRL email or phone number for any of her accounts she deserves it.
When you remember that L2D was originally used as a cheap alternative to full model 3D tracking and precisely to lower the entry fee it becomes even more stupid. Like, sure, charge a crapton of money from huge indie or new Hololive member because it's a chump change for them in the long run, but with how far the prices went up for garbage basic model you might as well stream with a free one or a be pngtuber
I think the only real roadblock nowadays for anyone trying to get into vtubing is the art, rigging can be done with enough trial and error. I'm not saying rigging is easy but if you have enough free time you can get good enough at it like sena or if you have the tism like clara you can rig a model in 3 hours with art and all like the one she did for airi for her birthday

The problem is that no one wants to put in the work anymore and would rather be ripped off by mediocre artists.

The Peanut Gallery

Tis the Spooky Season. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Well this is the disappointing announcement. Too apathetic to see what an onboarding pass is other than a waste of money

She ain't the only former shirayuri talent

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
In my opinion, Marathon has a far more intriguing setting and a superior story that was limited by the technology at the time.
And an absolute killer aesthetic (that the reboot appears to take an absolute dump on)
500_333.jpeg

citadel.jpg

eavqe7engbf51.jpg

JusticeDog

As long as they don't have to stream there exclusively (in which case they may as well graduate), they can at least get some free money for doing nothing. :gurahalloween:

ThemRedGuys

As long as they don't have to stream there exclusively (in which case they may as well graduate), they can at least get some free money for doing nothing. :gurahalloween:
It's not exclusive, but it's a very questionable platform. It's app only (no browser support) and vertical mode only.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
In my opinion, Marathon has a far more intriguing setting and a superior story that was limited by the technology at the time.

That's basically every game prior to the 2000s.

Then the monkey's paw curled...

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I can almost bet you that they will try to bully these people into exclusivity when they realize their "throw money at random 2views to get people to come to our shitty platform" plan isn't working.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Really, Halo and Destiny are just supremely schizophrenic retellings of Marathon and Pathways Into Darkness, sometimes they go too shallow, sometimes they go too deep, but it's always the Hero and his AI, fighting a diverse conglomerate of aliens over a sleeping God.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

that inspires so much confidence in this platform. You have barely 3 view powerhouse nyaru fronting this shit, watch out holo and niji, brave you missed out on this deal :NOWWELAUGH: I'll give credit where credit is due. They at least didn't name it Vstreaming or V(something)

Bug Eater

Doki is reuniting with (most of) Team Brawlpro (from the Tekken Sajam Slam) to play some Mario Party.

bothyourhouses

It's funny how many huge corpos like Sony have wasted thousands trying to enter vtubing
Sony's problem was always JP megacorp autism. Someone who threw money at the problem and didn't require 3 levels of approval meetings to do anything might actually be able to break into vtubing.
So either Cover is too cheap to spring for an earlier flight back or they are having her do a ton of non public facing work that the government can't see. Or both
I assumed after the announcement, she would have to leave as soon as possible and go back home, but that doesn't seem that way?
It's the opposite, if you're waiting for a visa renewal in Japan you can't leave the country or you risk losing your visa completely.
unfortunately that particular visa type has already reached the quota for the year. Kinda like the H1B visa for the US where the number issued per year is capped/limited.
Japan doesn't have that nonsense thankfully.
Graduating someone because they don't stream enough makes no sense. You completely lose any income you would have made from that streamer, and you also upset the rest of the talents at the company and the fanbase.
Up to a point. If it's temporary with a legitimate reason then sure, but ultimately someone who doesn't stream is freeloading on your corp and the other talents, and eventually either that will start pissing them off or everyone will start slacking to match. Ultimately you have to be willing to enforce that 4 streams/week minimum or you'll lose credibility.
Lol what a retard
In fairness we all complain about twitch/youtube moderation but the only way it will change is if there's a better alternative. I don't blame anyone for trying to support a new vtuber-oriented streaming platform.

RiverBear

DelusionTree

Early Adopter

From the very quick and dirty searching I did for 5 minutes, seems like this company is a subsidiarity of a much larger e-commerce company that has major shareholders across the Japanese banking industry and even Nintendo has a 12% stake.
Looks like they might be trying to enter the EN vtuber market with Nyaru I guess.

Horo7618

No one in particular

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Sony's problem was always JP megacorp autism. Someone who threw money at the problem and didn't require 3 levels of approval meetings to do anything might actually be able to break into vtubing.

It's the opposite, if you're waiting for a visa renewal in Japan you can't leave the country or you risk losing your visa completely.

Japan doesn't have that nonsense thankfully.

Up to a point. If it's temporary with a legitimate reason then sure, but ultimately someone who doesn't stream is freeloading on your corp and the other talents, and eventually either that will start pissing them off or everyone will start slacking to match. Ultimately you have to be willing to enforce that 4 streams/week minimum or you'll lose credibility.

In fairness we all complain about twitch/youtube moderation but the only way it will change is if there's a better alternative. I don't blame anyone for trying to support a new vtuber-oriented streaming platform.
Get out of here with your reasonable takes

Ballpark_Look

This tactic doesn't work; NEXAS tried this by bribing Hazumi Aileen, a Twitch 3 view, to stream on their platform a couple of months ago. She took the money streamed on there for a week and is now back to streaming on Twitch.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
It's not exclusive, but it's a very questionable platform. It's app only (no browser support) and vertical mode only.
The best thing IRIAM did for vtubing was having some good vtubers that made the jump to bigger corpos
Aside from that they always have been mediocre

Top Bottom