"I am hawk. Hawk egg is OK?"Takane Lui

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Ekko has made it clear that she won't be dishing on EIEN but is thankful for the buoys who found her "New Cave" she was afraid they would be mad at her cause she left EIEN

Screenshot_20241010-171807.png

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Whoever goes through auditions at holo is getting paid top dollar for picking out the best. The dude at variance isn't even getting paid probably :Vesper-UNHINGED: They have to start somewhere but I really doubt anyone that is worth the investment is gonna apply to their corpo. I hope they can prove me wrong, it'd be nice if they find a nice pack of rockstars and claw their way into a profitable spot but if they pick a bunch of catty bitches it would be as nice too for the lols.
Holo recruiters definitely seem like something else with the almost fearful way some of the talents have spoken about them. Specially the recent calli comments. Definitely not an easy job though, considering that some obsessed people must apply over and over every chance they get in the vain hope they'll get in if they are annoying enough.

niggaphil

Speaking of it, Michael cat's Zeeter Vtuber company is hiring now. She is helping to hire new Vtuber. @Sankisei this is your chances to join the company get close to your OSHI!!!!! :dokiSmug:

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
The fate of laid-off chuubas everywhere:

09812.jpg
A

Last edited:

KsonApologist

I dropped majority of Holo stuff because I got tired of the "uwu men doesn't exist" mentality around the whole thing.
I share the same reason (watching Kanata in that specific collab was painful) + being called a "beggar" for pointing out this cringe mentality

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
To be honest, it is one of the best Alien games? Most of the Alien franchise games are pretty mediocre. I still remembered the Colonial Marines shit show

There were a lot of great Alien and Alien vs Predator games throughout the 90s, and even into the early 00's. Since then? Yeah, not been great.

Got no developed opinion on Isolation, as I got sidetracked after only a handful of hours. Not because the game turned me off; I just have a bad habit of getting sidetracked for one reason or another and pushing off getting back to it until it is too late, and then I need to just restart at that point.

I have games going back more than twenty years waiting for me to restart.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Yae and Mono playing Melty Blood.

What are the fucking chances that their hair colors would somehow match the classic Melty meme:
5769879.png

2938293.jpg

I already liked the Petalight girls, they didn't have to go out of their way to convince me :BijouBijou:

marklollis

So I want to change the topic from vagueposting and other usual posting for a minute to make a serious question. Have you guys ever dropped an oshi or stopped watching them not because they graduated but because they changed their streams, content, or just because things that seemed fun or liked about them at first turned annoying after? or because you lost interest?
Edit: I guess I'd like to also add, did you stop them watching permanently or returned later? or watch them but less frequently? Also just to be clearer by oshi I mean like a Vtuber you really respected or watched a lot, like one of if not your favourite
Most of them was because they streamed at really inconvenient time or stopped streaming all together, it's easy to watch someone right after work but when they stream at 3am or for too long I'd rather spend my twitch sub money on something else

Security

I dropped majority of Holo stuff because I got tired of the "uwu men doesn't exist" mentality around the whole thing.

But men DON'T exist!

spidey11.jpg

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Security

Bronze

Have you ever said "I could be a really creative timestamper, but I barely have any reason to bother"? Well, Rowa Arctos of V&U has an offer just for you

This work will be a paid position, paid per timestamp set at the end of each month depending on how many timestamps are submitted. Payment will be done in USD via PayPal.
Communication between Rowa and timestampers will occur within a dedicated Discord server with staff present.

Please note:
- If you are selected for this role, the talent or a V&U staff member may contact you.
- Please double check your Discord username for spelling before submitting this application.

Role Expectations:
- Timestamp Delivery Details will include a short one-line synopsis of the intended content, a set of timestamps from one stream, and brief editing descriptions. An example of what delivery is expected to look like can be found in one of the application questions below.
- Shorts Timestamps: The timestamper is expected to deliver one timestamps for shorts (vertical, >1 minute videos), at least once a week.
- Compilation Timestamps: The timestamper is expected to deliver timestamps for a longer, compilation video once a month (horizontal, 2-5 minute video).

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
Holo recruiters definitely seem like something else with the almost fearful way some of the talents have spoken about them. Specially the recent calli comments. Definitely not an easy job though, considering that some obsessed people must apply over and over every chance they get in the vain hope they'll get in if they are annoying enough.
Imagine shuffling through thousands and thousands of talented menhera with privileged information about them. Then holding back the urge to groom them. They either gay or married to a 8/10 Nadeshiko.
Have you ever said "I could be a really creative timestamper, but I barely have any reason to bother"? Well, Rowa Arctos of V&U has an offer just for you

This is so specific, why don't they just pay extra to their editors to timestamp the stuff? Or hire an exclusive editor to do the grunt work?

Yuy is celebrating 50k, if you like the hoor accent without the hoor status this is it my dude

You're now able to bully Meredith in her Dark Souls run with Crowd Control (chat fucks with the game)

Hagger Koopa is continuing her original SH2 run

Wellful of Wails

Toxic Benevolence Critic
Got no developed opinion on Isolation, as I got sidetracked after only a handful of hours. Not because the game turned me off
Ironically the most common complaint of the game is despite its incredible presentation and first impression, it can't hold the player's attention. For one reason or another - bad AI on the Xeno, repetitive hide and seek core loop, player strength trivializing the horror element a few hours in, narrative not being present consistently and when it is it's overwhelmingly as retro-fi CRT screen text dumps - it's very common to hear people say they liked it but tuned out or liked it until they tuned out. It's quite a shame that it's the only Alien game worth playing for any amount of time since 2001.

The Peanut Gallery

Tis the Spooky Season. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Grimmi playing cuphead with Ashton Martin

jebby

Ok 👍
I finally finished the behemoth of a vod that was the Proctor and Armchair Expert collab!

Here’s a short clip of the most important part!

Honestly, I enjoyed it. I think proctor and armchair have great chemistry and bounce off each other quite well. Although you did go off topic a few times, you still managed to talk about relevant topics or interesting points. My biggest complaint was that Proctor talked over armchair way too many times. I don’t think it was anything too bad or done out of malice but it was definitely noticeable and got a bit annoying hearing armchair start to say something and being cut off. Again I don’t think you meant to be rude but it was something I noticed. All in all it was a great collab, you both seemed to enjoy it too which is one of the most important things. I’m looking forward to your next collabs Proc.
👍
Tldr for those who don’t want to read: The collab was good and interesting but proctor cut armchair off a few too many times.

closedblas

bothyourhouses

Something interesting I saw was someone guessing she entered with a Visa under pretense that she was working as her artist persona and that fucked up the renewal process.
Possibly - entertainer is the visa category for vtubing and is one that they're very strict about after the US alleged it was being used for sex trafficking. Coming in on a different visa and then switching to entertainer is something they'd be cautious about, although when the employer is a major Japanese company normally everything gets waved through.
Last week when people were dooming about a major crisis that would change vtubing forever I did wonder if they'd decided to classify it as companionship work like karaoke hostesses. Because that would've made it completely ineligible for work visas.

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I finally finished the behemoth of a vod that was the Proctor and Armchair Expert collab!

Here’s a short clip of the most important part!

Honestly, I enjoyed it. I think proctor and armchair have great chemistry and bounce off each other quite well. Although you did go off topic a few times, you still managed to talk about relevant topics or interesting points. My biggest complaint was that Proctor talked over armchair way too many times. I don’t think it was anything too bad or done out of malice but it was definitely noticeable and got a bit annoying hearing armchair start to say something and being cut off. Again I don’t think you meant to be rude but it was something I noticed. All in all it was a great collab, you both seemed to enjoy it too which is one of the most important things. I’m looking forward to your next collabs Proc.
👍
Tldr for those who don’t want to read: The collab was good and interesting but proctor cut armchair off a few too many times.

Of course they get along well. They're both religious anglos interested in drama and who have a morals-first approach to the industry.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
So I want to change the topic from vagueposting and other usual posting for a minute to make a serious question. Have you guys ever dropped an oshi or stopped watching them not because they graduated but because they changed their streams, content, or just because things that seemed fun or liked about them at first turned annoying after? or because you lost interest?
Edit: I guess I'd like to also add, did you stop them watching permanently or returned later? or watch them but less frequently? Also just to be clearer by oshi I mean like a Vtuber you really respected or watched a lot, like one of if not your favourite
ironmouse was never my oshi but she used to have some very comfy chatting streams back in the day, but she started tilting more into the react content and building her "brand" while her community became progressively worse and worse to deal with and infested with vermintide. I stopped watching her then felt vindicated once she started acting like a meangirl, I still respect her for being one of those cases of someone who just sticks to what they're doing until they finally succeed and for helping to normalize EN tubers though.

Top Bottom