"God's only mistake was not destroying humanity and replacing them with kemonomimi after Adam sinned"The Proctor

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Muyu live

Capo Miyo playing Silent Hill

Ronja playing F.E.A.R. for over five hours.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
I still love Pippa and will occasionally watch a stream, but I grew tired of her constant arguing with her chat, especially when plenty in her chat would try to bait her into one, or she would argue something dumb just to be a contrarian.

But that's the best part.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
So I want to change the topic from vagueposting and other usual posting for a minute to make a serious question. Have you guys ever dropped an oshi or stopped watching them not because they graduated but because they changed their streams, content, or just because things that seemed fun or liked about them at first turned annoying after? or because you lost interest?
Edit: I guess I'd like to also add, did you stop them watching permanently or returned later? or watch them but less frequently? Also just to be clearer by oshi I mean like a Vtuber you really respected or watched a lot, like one of if not your favourite
I used to watch a lot of Mike (the NND streamer) and didnt like the shift in some of her content so i dropped her
I came back when she debuted in Otogi Resurrection as Komainu Chino (because i love vtubers)then i left with her graduation
I CRAWLED BACK with Rushia then dropped her when she got terminated but then i got into it again when Nazuna debuted in Vshojo but dropped her again when i learned she was there just for the money doing horrible low effort streams and tought i was finally free from her influence but......they got tired of her stealing money from them and killed Nazuna so i crawled back AGAIN :unauthorizedmemes: so.....
Here we are

Zyklon Mag

Oh yeah, that's a great example.

View attachment 80434

I'm sure the twink is much more profitable in the fujocracy that is the male vtuber market, but was it worth it to abandon the audience that the excellent original design had garnered? I'm curious what his before and after audience demographics looked like (but we can all guess).
I wonder what went through his head when he saw Tempuras attaching themselves to Vesper and Shinri because they were oji-sans. The Familiaran I know, JP and EN, all suspiciously had significant watch time for one or both of them.:ameliaThink:

Maybe EN audiences like oji-sans more than JP overall, so Aruran made the switch.

Wellful of Wails

Toxic Benevolence Critic
Jeez, I was going to post about Pippa being the most emotionally invested I've been in someone that I've dropped, but I didn't even get to her arguing with chat arc. Sounds like I dodged quite the bullet; that shit is intolerable even in moderation.
For me, I didn't start quite from the beginning but early enough to still be in the "cutest rabbit plays ____" era and I bailed around Hogwarts. I don't normally put up with someone throwing their audience under the bus even once, but by Hogwarts it was like the third time. In my defense, and frankly to hers as well, she was, and I have little doubt remains, someone who is unique enough in the industry for you to want to overlook a lot of flaws to keep her in rotation.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
NTV revealed their new talent who was being shilled hard by Eri and Viri Voxanna (both former haven X talents) idk who she is

Security

For me, I didn't start quite from the beginning but early enough to still be in the "cutest rabbit plays ____" era and I bailed around Hogwarts. I don't normally put up with someone throwing their audience under the bus even once, but by Hogwarts it was like the third time.

Could you expand on how her playing Hogwarts was throwing her audience under the bus? And what would be the previous two times?

Wellful of Wails

Toxic Benevolence Critic
Could you expand on how her playing Hogwarts was throwing her audience under the bus?
No, because it wasn't. I was happy she played it. It was the behavior and Twitter statement that followed.

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Wellful of Wails

Toxic Benevolence Critic
Ah shit slapfight incoming.
Nah, not every opinion is a solicitation for debate, and I inlined it for that reason. I was just correcting a particularly egregious misread of what I said.
Not about to become the first argument to come out of that dropped oshi post over imagined slights. People have had uncharacteristically thick skin around that post, it's been a good read.

Security

No, because it wasn't. I was happy she played it. It was the behavior and Twitter statement that followed.

Yeah, that statement annoyed me. However, I viewed it more as she trying to do the bare minimum to avoid starting shit she doesn't want and attracting tourists, but the way she worded it itself defined a position (which she may not even have), and thus defeated its purpose.

The best route in any controversy is almost always to say fucking nothing, which is what she should've done. If a statement is to made, it should be more along the lines of "don't start shit in my chat."

Bronze

Now that all of Idol Gen 3 is teased, I've decided to check. The blue girl is the one who quit. Everyone else fit the descriptions.

Really curious who's decided to dip an offer that's probably better than what Aviel was going to provide. E: Except the monetary cut probably

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Really curious who's decided to dip an offer that's probably better than what Aviel was going to provide.
Kinda obvious but someone who doesnt like JP Corpos and/or Brave Group

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Arya APEX with Bluebell and Mischief from Specialite EVE.
Yae and Mono playing Melty Blood.

Last edited:

JusticeDog

Now that all of Idol Gen 3 is teased, I've decided to check. The blue girl is the one who quit. Everyone else fit the descriptions.

Really curious who's decided to dip an offer that's probably better than what Aviel was going to provide. E: Except the monetary cut probably

I was looking at this too before they revealed the last one and I'm really surprised it's a hyena.

I had originally assumed "burning lion" poster was for the red one (video has claws for her part), but with the hyena reveal the poster hint was actually the "daisies" part for the yellow one instead (which seems really obvious now because her video had flowers). :guradumbl:

Wonder if the one who dropped out will just get lost forever or they'll recycle it in a future group.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Her, Calli, and Ame have been huge for pushing for shit on the EN side, as well. While it seemed to have broken Ame in the end, the three of them definitely helped pushed projects through that were originally rejected. I am almost certain that Calli's solo live and her time in UMJ directly affected whether EN got their own concerts and led to CTW and BD being greenlit, for example. Kiara is a lot more publicly vocal about it than the other two, but Calli has, at times, more vaguely mentioned that things like the sale of her Solo Live Bluray were important to the whole branch. Unfortunately, despite Myth's explosive success, they seemed to still have to prove themselves to JP management at every step of the way.
I don't think we will ever know everything Myth has done for the success of the branch, it is surely far more than will ever be public. Even Gura alluded to needing to convince management of certain things.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

I think it's interesting that Variance Project - a new vtuber company who has been getting some good press prior to launching any talents - has received over a thousand applications for their first gen.

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon

Lia plans on making it a long one and get good progress tonight (read: stream is 20 minutes longer than usual + yapping about Persona 4)

Punished Lurker

I used to watch Gamebu a lot but after the incident i could never get myself to watch anything from them ever again
I also used to religiously follow a lot of Re:Act vtubers because my oshi was there fast foward to today and i only watch Dtto but dropped the rest due to time constraints
I still watch my oshi and will follow her to the end of times
I'll make a longer, more complete post later but you watched Gamebu? That's like old lore to me so I'm really surprised someone here used to watch them live

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

I think it's interesting that Variance Project - a new vtuber company who has been getting some good press prior to launching any talents - has received over a thousand applications for their first gen.

Not surprising whatsoever, even blatant scams like the one run by that underage girl get hundreds, a thousand is actually lower than I'd expect for a somewhat serious looking project.

Top Bottom