"AH YOU PIECE OF GARBAGE! DIE!"Otogibara Era

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

Landphobic

Just don't like it
So I want to change the topic from vagueposting and other usual posting for a minute to make a serious question. Have you guys ever dropped an oshi or stopped watching them not because they graduated but because they changed their streams, content, or just because things that seemed fun or liked about them at first turned annoying after? or because you lost interest?
Edit: I guess I'd like to also add, did you stop them watching permanently or returned later? or watch them but less frequently? Also just to be clearer by oshi I mean like a Vtuber you really respected or watched a lot, like one of if not your favourite
Selen/Doki: I'll still catch her on an FPS stream from time to time, but watching her play anything resembling a story-based game became unbearable because she refuses to engage with anything seriously. It's not her streaming style and that's OK, but it's not what I look for in my mainstays.
Watson: First vtuber I subscribed to, I just ended up dropping her due to incompatibilities with her streaming times. Weirdly enough, I've more or less kept up with Bae though.
Rosemi: It hurts the most, but I just can't support Niji.
Early favorite of Advent for her singing, but came to the realization that watching "she's literally me fr fr" just wasn't that entertaining.
This but with Enna for me, make of that what you will.
Now as for vtubers you should be checking out right now:
Ducktective ASMR returns after having her bonk removed

Spacegirl grinding Valo

Cheerleader Hyena will finish Half-Life, for real for sure this time

Last edited:

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
It's kinda funny to think about how mixed her reception was in the beginning when I'd rate her as one of the most important Holo EN's now.
Once she got over her insecurities and complex about her role in Myth and stopped being so whiny, she became much more palatable as a personality. Ultimately though, in team sports terms, Kiara turned out to be the "glue guy" in EN - which is fucking essential when you have all these members separated by geography and time zones. Just from all the tidbits and info you hear from her zatsus and other Holos talking about her - Kiara does a lot of wrangling for the other talents and is a huge source of HoloEN's esprit de corps.

We're gonna have a Tenma "I hate this petty whore" smiley at some point.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Uwo's lab uploaded a highlight with his experiences in /fit/ maxing with gorilla biscuits and horse electrolytes
"These are specially form- formulated for massive yakubian apes like myself." :kiarachefkiss:

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
Once she got over her insecurities and complex about her role in Myth and stopped being so whiny, she became much more palatable as a personality. Ultimately though, in team sports terms, Kiara turned out to be the "glue guy" in EN - which is fucking essential when you have all these members separated by geography and time zones. Just from all the tidbits and info you hear from her zatsus and other Holos talking about her - Kiara does a lot of wrangling for the other talents and is a huge source of HoloEN's esprit de corps.
Her, Calli, and Ame have been huge for pushing for shit on the EN side, as well. While it seemed to have broken Ame in the end, the three of them definitely helped pushed projects through that were originally rejected. I am almost certain that Calli's solo live and her time in UMJ directly affected whether EN got their own concerts and led to CTW and BD being greenlit, for example. Kiara is a lot more publicly vocal about it than the other two, but Calli has, at times, more vaguely mentioned that things like the sale of her Solo Live Bluray were important to the whole branch. Unfortunately, despite Myth's explosive success, they seemed to still have to prove themselves to JP management at every step of the way.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
So I want to change the topic from vagueposting and other usual posting for a minute to make a serious question. Have you guys ever dropped an oshi or stopped watching them not because they graduated but because they changed their streams, content, or just because things that seemed fun or liked about them at first turned annoying after? or because you lost interest?
Edit: I guess I'd like to also add, did you stop them watching permanently or returned later? or watch them but less frequently? Also just to be clearer by oshi I mean like a Vtuber you really respected or watched a lot, like one of if not your favourite
Elira and Millie

Void Scribas

Kiara loves being a vtuber/idol so much that is the only member of HoloEN that I can see her graduating only in the scenario where Hololive goes bankrupt.

Salado

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Amiya Aranha will play an Are You Afraid of the Dark? game

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Aruran changed his model from cool oji-san to some young fuckboy out of nowhere which killed the vibe for me.

Oh yeah, that's a great example.

Arurandeisu_-_Portrait.jpeg

I'm sure the twink is much more profitable in the fujocracy that is the male vtuber market, but was it worth it to abandon the audience that the excellent original design had garnered? I'm curious what his before and after audience demographics looked like (but we can all guess).

Anime Fan

Shiina and Panko are opening Pokémon cards soon.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

Kson (following Coco). She was at her best working off the dynamic of Hololive itself - not collabs so much, but the entire company. Once she left, she didn't have that, and I both didn't see that happen in VShojo nor would I want to.

Someone said it well in another thread that she was like the drunk uncle who'd get the extended families' kids to swear. When everyone else is also a drunk uncle, or if she's by herself, it obviously doesn't work.

Even her solo, non-Hololive related stuff was a weaker form of her Coco work. May appeal to others, but just not me.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

💛 🩷 Time

Clara being a degen (affectionate) in other news sky blue

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
I used to watch Gamebu a lot but after the incident i could never get myself to watch anything from them ever again
I also used to religiously follow a lot of Re:Act vtubers because my oshi was there fast foward to today and i only watch Dtto but dropped the rest due to time constraints
I still watch my oshi and will follow her to the end of times

Xuhle

I got so many questions from these that I don't know how she ended up with this. I will start with what was she planning to cook with tail?

E- part three, also apparently she was planning for cosplaying for the stream as she said she also has paws for it.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Realized that I kinda stopped enjoying watching Pippa or Kirsche because they got big enough that the level of chat interaction they do takes over the streams, and most chatters are genuinely retarded, and constantly arguing with retards isn't good content.
Kind of a shame to hear considering the great collab you put together for Pippa's 2023 anniversary, but I definitely get it and don't blame you. You hit the nail on the head for me here too. I still love Pippa and will occasionally watch a stream, but I grew tired of her constant arguing with her chat, especially when plenty in her chat would try to bait her into one, or she would argue something dumb just to be a contrarian. There's definitely enough obnoxious retards in her chat to have become a vocal minority in and outside of her chat.

I know it doesn't happen all the time, but it filtered me out for a while, and I just never was able to go back and stick around as a regular viewer afterward. I still do watch most of her collabs with the other Phase girls because she's gotten a lot better with them and is a lot of fun in them. I'll also catch a solo stream or vod at times too, just not as often as I used to.

As for my response to the original question, the only person I ever settled on calling my "oshi" is Lumi, and I have no desire of dropping her. The only reason I miss a lot of her streams is because she does her weekday morning streams while I'm at work, and by the time I get home from work, she's almost 2 hours into her afternoon stream.

Outside of oshis, I don't think I've completely dropped anyone for the most part. The main culprit of me not watching vtubers I like is the lack of time, but I'll still try to catch an occasional stream from time to time.

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group
True & Honest Holofan

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
I dropped majority of Holo stuff because I got tired of the "uwu men doesn't exist" mentality around the whole thing.

Top Bottom